April 16, 2024, 02:24:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 22- 6/18 - 6/19/11  (Read 653202 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: June 18, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
We are working on getting the images shown in court pixalated so we can have them live on our site #CaseyAnthony

http://twitter.com/#!/OSCaseyAnthony
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #621 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »

Btw my basement is flooding...
Hope Jeff takes it to the next level with Dr. S.

Jeff was smirking as recess called.  I think he's ready. 

I wish I could take some of that rain from you.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »

Oh dear god, so someone came along and put duct tape on an already decomposed body as it was laying there in the swamp/dirt along side the road 
That Kronk is one sick beeturd ,huh?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:33 AM »

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Some jurors took notes when Spitz said he can't tell manner of death. Spitz is the 10th witness called by the defense.

http://twitter.com/#!/CFNews13Casey
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:41 AM »

I can't seem to stay on line(dsl{)4 more then a few minutes at a time, then an hour or more goes by.

Did I miss anything?  I see mason is done.  Hope I stay on line....

::justice2NJ::
buckle up.. here comes Jeff after the break

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »

I can only hope that ASHTON has his game face on today and is ready to poke holes at what Spitz said on direct.

My hope is that he will show that Spitz is an old man that is set in his ways and is unreasonable to view andy other possibilities other than in his own mind. Obviously Spitz has a long career in forensic medicine and at this point thinks he is a legend in his own mind.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »

unbelievable......one old fart who can't hear asking questions of another old fart who can't hear...can you rule out suicide?  I hope the jury took insult to that!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »

Jeff was smirking as recess called.  I think he's ready. 

I wish I could take some of that rain from you.

I hope he has a balance today of calm but ferocious! LOL
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #628 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »

Sorry about the flooding.  I'm chomping at the bit myself for the recess to be over so the beating can commence. 
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:26 AM »

I can't seem to stay on line(dsl{)4 more then a few minutes at a time, then an hour or more goes by.

Did I miss anything?  I see mason is done.  Hope I stay on line....

::justice2NJ::
Restart your computer during the break

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: June 18, 2011, 11:12:28 AM »

I wish they would go into why he ruled out a suicide.  He would have to explain that even though there is really no scientfic evidence to back up that conclusion he came to it based on the surrounding information, facts, and common sense.  That is exactly how Dr. G came to her conclusion that it was a homicide.

Oh nice one Cheeky!!!

I think it is valid to question.  Have you ever heard about suspension of disbelief in regards to watching a movie.  I'm always questioning how realistic parts of movies are and my husband explained you have to kinda go with it.  I feel like this is what the defense is hoping for, that we will all suspend any disbelief and hold on common sense and reality to buy Casey's story.  Well we all know how far buying Casey's story got George and Cindy .
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #631 on: June 18, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »

I can only hope that ASHTON has his game face on today and is ready to poke holes at what Spitz said on direct.

My hope is that he will show that Spitz is an old man that is set in his ways and is unreasonable to view andy other possibilities other than in his own mind. Obviously Spitz has a long career in forensic medicine and at this point thinks he is a legend in his own mind.

I think Spitz was offended that he was denied access to the autopsy.  That may be the perfect place for Jeff to poke.  Let Spitz have a meltdown on the stand over that one and anything else he says won't mean a thing.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: June 18, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »

CSI Jen Welch had been in hallway this past week. She will likely be called back in to talk about how the skull was found ....

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #633 on: June 18, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »

10:00am Sat, June 18, 2011
Court is in session.

Mr Mason wants the judge to tell the jury the reason why we have changed what we are doing.  The judge says you want to do it?  Mason says I will and then the judge says I will let Ashton tell them after you.  Judge says ok I will tell them.

The judge tells the jury that we are going to take another witness to accommodate him from being out of town. Dr. Rodriguez will be back Monday.

Next defense witness is Dr. Werner Spitz.

Mason is up..........

Dr Spitz is a MD, he is a Forensic Pathologist.  He went to medical school from 1946 -1950, Wow I wasn't born.  Then he went to Palestine before it became Israel.  He had LOTS AND LOTS of education, training and experience.  He is going on and on about doing autopsies and pathology.  Mason asks him if he remembers when he had his first appt in academia?  He finally says 1959.  In 1961 he left this country and worked at the University in Berlin, Germany.  Then he returned to the US.  It goes on and on and on..........He is in the 70's now....lol.  Drinking my tea as he goes through his life, he is telling stories about each place he worked.  All his appts are emeritus now.  He has basically outlived everyone he has ever known or worked with.  He is still licensed to practice medicine in this country and most countries in Europe. Mason is now reading all of his awards but he doesn't remember if he got them.  He has testified as an expert witness in all 50 states and in foreign countries.  In the last 7 years he has testified as an expert witness around 300 times.  He is declared an expert witness in Forensic Pathology........finally, lol.

Mason up.....

Do you remember how you got involved in the Caylee Anthony case?  He received a call from the Baez Law Firm to possibly consult with the firm.  What is the first thing you did?  I requested to attend the postmortem exam by Dr G. Did you request to be allowed to be in attendance?  Objection..side bar........side bar over.....Objection over ruled.  Yes, I requested to attend the autopsy by Dr G and wasn't allowed to.  Why did you want to?  It would of been useful to have seen the body at the first autopsy so I could see what Dr. G. saw.  I was given access to the remains at the Bryant Funeral Home in Orlando, I conducted the 2nd autopsy at that place.  Had Dr G finished the first autopsy report when you did yours?  I don't remember, I don't think so.  I came to Orlando with all kinds of equipment but I did not bring a saw but the skull had not been opened.  The profession dictates that the interior of the skull should be examined and it had not been done.  Mason is approaching the witness.  Dr. Spitz is told to open the bag and take the contents out, it is a skull, not of the deceased.  It is a real adult skull.  He brought it because it was necessary for the trier of fact to observe...Sustained.  Mason wants him to demonstrate opening the skull, it has already been sawed and he lifts the top portion off.  He then says you look into the interior of the skull.  Did you take photos of the autopsy you performed on Caylee Anthony?  I did, Mason is showing the witness, photos of the autopsy, Casey is hiding her face and not looking.  He is putting big photos of Caylee's skull up on an easel.  The witness is stepping down.  They are now looking at the photos of the skull.  What is remarkable about the contents we have before them?  This is what represents the base of the skull, the bottom of this.  This is the where the top was sawed off.  He is describing Caylee's skull.  In the base of the skull you see black flecks, they represent the last permanent result of decomposition.  The brain has dissolved.  Some of this sediment comes from the brain, some of it is dust, it's lost.  They indicate the position of this skull over the decomposition process.  The specks are left over after the entire brain is gone.  Those elements by gravity are left in the skull, it tells you the position of the skull.  What was the position of the skull?  It was on the left side down.  He is showing how the skull would of been left to decompose.  The witness is returning to the stand.  The photos are coming down but not before Casey tries to fake hiding her face again.  Did you review Dr G's report?  Yes.  What if any problems or deficiencies did you detect in her report?  I examined the entire skeleton, there were very little bones missing.  The skull had not been opened, so I opened it.  There are certain things that I did not find.  Like some discoloration of the skull where the ear is, the little protrusion from the back of the skull.  There were no fractures or no blows, the skull was intact, undamaged.  There was some damage to long bones from postmortem chewing from animals.  Casey is trying to cry.  The thigh bone was opened by the people that did the first autopsy. He thought they opened it to take bone marrow for the purpose of removing certain material in diagnoses but I learned that was not the case.  So, based on this determination the cause of death remains unknown for the people that did the first autopsy and for me as well.  Did you read Dr. G's report on duct tape?  I know there was some duct tape on the lower face, that were loosely on the face but there was not a shred of soft tissue, no skin, nothing, he didn't even need to use gloves.  It was a totally clean skull, no bacteria to contaminate him.  He could handle the remains of the 3 year old child without gloves.  The tape was not there when he got the remains.  The tape in pictures show it was somewhere near the left side, hanging on hair and hanging on roots of vegetation where it was excavated from under the surface of the ground, vegetation had grown into this material.  Plants had benefited from the minerals from decomp.  Dr G. says that duct tape was applied to the face prior to decomp, what is your idea of that?  I don't think so, the duct tape would of not stuck after the body decomposed, it was stuck to the roots and hair.  There was nothing on bone to suggest duct tape and nothing on the duct tape to suggest it was stuck to bone.  It is my opinion that this duct tape was placed to hold the lower jaw in place, because it would of fallen off.  He then picks up the skull and the lower jaw drops off.  Sir, would you expect there would be DNA if it had been placed on the face?  Yes, I would of expected it, if it had been attached to the face it would of had DNA.  I put duct tape on my arm and it pulled out hair from my arm with roots attached when I took it off. It is my opinion that the duct tape was not put on the face before it decomposed.  What does adipocere mean?  It is a stage in decomp that is when the tissue is broken down and becomes slimy, smelly, it is like soap.  It it especially fat that is similar to wet soap. How long does it take for adipocere to develop?  Side bar....side bar over.  Adipocere takes a warm environment and begin to develop within like 10 or 12 days.  Did you find any presence of adipocere on Caylee's remains?  No, it was clean of all soft tissue.  Did you read all of Dr. G's reports?  Yes.  Did you read any cause of death in this case?  You can rule out causes of death but you can not tell why this child died.  You can rule out some but not all.  Would you rule out suicide?  Yes.  Can you rule out accidental death?  No. What is the manner of death in this case?  There are 4 manners of cause of death, homicide, suicide, natural death and accidental.  Do you know what the manner of death is?  No.  How many autopsies have you done around the world? 60,000, I have been practicing forensic pathology for 56 years.  Mason is done.

Ten minute recess.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: June 18, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »

Dr Spitz requested wanting to be part of the autopsy

He knows darn well that is NOT common practice, so does Colonel Crusty

I keep waiting for him to heil hitler.

Isn't he Jewish?

Yes, he's Israeli. I believe he's a sabra. They all have that accent.

Thanks Curly. I thought so. Which actually makes this hard for me. Because I have always had tremendous respect for Foresenic Pathologist and Forensic Anthropoligist who are Jewish and trained in Israel. Normally, they are very well trained. However, I guess anyone can 'sell out". So, I dunno. sigh
I thought he said he was trained here in the US?

No. Geneva, Switzerland and then Hadassa Hospital in Jerusalem. The came to Baltimore,MD where the streets are paved with gold.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: June 18, 2011, 11:14:07 AM »

In pictures the skull was upright position. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: June 18, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »

I wish they would go into why he ruled out a suicide.  He would have to explain that even though there is really no scientfic evidence to back up that conclusion he came to it based on the surrounding information, facts, and common sense.  That is exactly how Dr. G came to her conclusion that it was a homicide.

Oh nice one Cheeky!!!

I think it is valid to question.  Have you ever heard about suspension of disbelief in regards to watching a movie.  I'm always questioning how realistic parts of movies are and my husband explained you have to kinda go with it.  I feel like this is what the defense is hoping for, that we will all suspend any disbelief and hold on common sense and reality to buy Casey's story.  Well we all know how far buying Casey's story got George and Cindy .

Oh Cheeky! We would get along just fine! My hubby and I are also ALWAYS discussing the suspension of belief in movies!!! As a fiction-writer, I consider this element often. Thank you for bringing this up! Smile
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: June 18, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »

No. Geneva, Switzerland and then Hadassa Hospital in Jerusalem. The came to Baltimore,MD where the streets are paved with gold.

haha! Thanks for the correction, Curly. Smile
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: June 18, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »

Spitz says: The duct tape was put on after decomposition. 

So duct tape is going to adhere to slimy, soapy stuff?  They must have had different duct tape where he is from. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: June 18, 2011, 11:15:38 AM »

TrialNotes Trial Notes
Spitz best witness for defense so far, IF he maintains composure on cross (became ext agitated when challenged n Spector case)

http://twitter.com/#!/TrialNotes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.