April 17, 2024, 08:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 3541 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: April 18, 2007, 12:20:25 AM »

Dear Monkeys,

The Virginia Tech massacre was horrendous.

I'd like to highlight one person. Mr. Liviu Librescu, age 76, who was an Israeli engineering and math lecturer and was one of several foreign victims of Monday's shootings. Librescu and his wife (HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS) immigrated to Israel from Romania in 1978 then moved to Virginia in 1985 for a sabbatical and ended up staying. Librescu, 76, had been a professor at Virginia Tech for 20 years and was widely respected in his field, his son Joe said.

"My father blocked the doorway with his body and asked the students to flee," Librescu's son Joe said Tuesday in a telephone interview from his home outside of Tel Aviv. Students started opening windows and jumping out.

Liviu was very strong both physically and mentally to have survived the holocaust. Why? God had a higher purpose for him. I am a big believer in predestination, fate, karma, destiny, etc.

Yesterday, April 17, the destined purpose of Liviu Librescu came to pass ... to sacrifice himself to save lives of VTech students by blocking the doorway with his body.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:46:21 AM »

Louise,
 Heard about this earlier and what a hero the professor was. God bless him.  Sad
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 12:48:54 AM »

I forgot to mention that Liviu Librescu gave up his life on Holocaust Remembrance Day.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 12:59:20 AM »

Let's put a face with this man who gave of himself to protect others:

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 01:39:35 AM »

Thank you for posting his pic, Klaas. May God bless you.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

Tyler and I had some discussion regarding Professor Librescu and how his life would make a wonderful book or movie. I hope his wife can cope with the grief of losing her soulmate and that she has some comfort regarding the honor he lived his last moments with. What a remarkable person and a remarkable life.

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »

Louise, I have not the words to describe my response, other than "WOW". Destiny is apt, indeed.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 01:51:15 AM »

Here we have a direct contrast--good and evil.  Yes, I agree that his life would make an excellent movie or book so that his example can be known by as many as possible.

He was a true hero and gave his all so that others might live.  It is remarkable that at his age he was still teaching but to exhibit that level of courage is truly unique.

I saw his son on TV discussing what his father did and how that is just the kind of person that he was.  Few could keep their head in such a situation let alone act to save others.

I pray for the repose of his soul and for comfort for his family.  May we do something to commemorate his actions that is worthy of this great man.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 05:15:26 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Tyler and I had some discussion regarding Professor Librescu and how his life would make a wonderful book or movie. I hope his wife can cope with the grief of losing her soulmate and that she has some comfort regarding the honor he lived his last moments with. What a remarkable person and a remarkable life.

All of you are so right. He was a remarkable man. If there were to be a book or movie about this man I would hope his death would only be a small part of it. I do not want his killer to get any more credit than he already has.

Although I feel very bad for the parents of the killer (yes I do).  I know the killer had a mental illness I still do not want him glorified where there may be others who are also suffering from mental illness try to do something simular.

I would rather see the victims get the glory or recognition. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.