April 18, 2024, 08:33:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 23 - 6/20/11  (Read 255429 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2011, 10:04:34 AM »

Casey won't walk if there is a mistrial will she? won't she remain in jail until she is tried again? Jeff is not going to let that happen..no mistrial here...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2011, 10:04:35 AM »

It wouldnt shock me if the defense is trying to force a mistrial by angering the State to request it or the judge ordering it so they can attach jeopardy as Bill Schaeffer was discussing on WFTV http://www.wftv.com/caseytriallive1/index.html.   They know she's guilty, they know they are screwed.

What you're saying makes sense, Capp. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2011, 10:05:33 AM »

so, I am confused...is Rodriguez going to get to testify or was it thrown out..have seen 2 different answers...
He will testify cookie, but it was deferred so JA can prepare to question him

Correct, not now but Ashton was granted to review the dep.   The other "expert" hasnt even been deposed yet

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2011, 10:05:48 AM »

Casey won't walk if there is a mistrial will she? won't she remain in jail until she is tried again? Jeff is not going to let that happen..no mistrial here...

NO, she won't walk she will remain in jail and be re-tried.
4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »

What did the state do besides the power point?

What happens if the witness isn't there in 30 minutes?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »

whew! thanks for the reassurance Klaas...now I feel a bit better...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »

It wouldnt shock me if the defense is trying to force a mistrial by angering the State to request it or the judge ordering it so they can attach jeopardy as Bill Schaeffer was discussing on WFTV http://www.wftv.com/caseytriallive1/index.html.   They know she's guilty, they know they are screwed.

What you're saying makes sense, Capp. 

Yep.  I feel like pummeling them too!     
The defense teams strategy is to force a mistrial.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »

The State didn't do a power point, the witness for the defense did the PP. 

I imagine all hell will break loose if the witness isn't there in 30 min.  This is pure BS on the defenses part.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2011, 10:08:27 AM »

Sunny,

You seem to know some info on Mason.

Why is Mason allowing Baez to get away with this stuff?

To me this is not  dirty tricks..just shoddy workmanship on Baez part.

Why hasn't Mason told him to pepare for trial properly? 

Doesn't Mason see this reflects badly for himself too?

It is Baez case but Mason is the death qualified attorney..so why is he allowing someone on their team to do this stuff..my mouth is gaping.
GDD, I have no insiders info..when he first came on board I did some research on him and some of the cases he has handled. I still can't understand why he seems to be so well respected within SOME in the legal community. I also worked for a good ole boy attorney in Houston who used to laugh at some of the 'tricks' he pulled. In fact he reminds me so much of the attorney I worked for, it is scary at times. I also asked an judge friend in Houston if he would make a couple calls as I knew he has friend within the legal community in FL. He told me not to under estimate CM..he has practiced law long enough to know EVERY trick and when to use them. AND used them!! He said he was told CM likes to break up the flow of the trial when it is going bad for the defense. This was shortly after CM joined the defense.......at that time many thought the defense would rest without calling witnesses.  I happened to chat with my friend this weekend and he said  so far it looks like the defense should have rested and not called witnesses.    As the lead attorney the win or lose will be JB's...not CM's.   

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2011, 10:08:51 AM »

Good morning Monkeys---- The judge said he doesn't make threats.  Excuse me, Your Honor, but you have done so repeatedly, giving Baez extraordinary leeway to disregard the Court's orders and established procedure.  Some might say the judge wishes to avoid an appeal.  However, any of the judge's rulings might be appealed in any case, and probably will be.   Being appealed does not mean winning an appeal.  If Casey Anthony is convicted and sentenced to death, she receives an automatic appeal anyway.  IMO only, it is time for the judge to stop issuing empty threats and carry through with whatever sanctions are appropriate and lawful.  It is time to stop worrying about protecting his own record.  IMO there are three sides in this trial where there should be only two.  The judge, who fails to sanction Baez in order to preserve his own record, the State's which is admonished regularly when they have done nothing wrong, as in this instance, and the defense, which regularly flaunts the law and the Court's orders with impunity.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »

so the defense must be running out of witnesses already if there isn't anyone waiting the wings...perhaps Casey is going to be up there soon??
I can't wait to see that happen...if it does

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2011, 10:10:24 AM »

why is caseys shirt knotted in the back oh brother
This reminds me when she tied her "Find Caylee" shirt in the hoochie know.  She's so anxious to be thought sexy.  I think sex was her currency, her power, this is what she used to get what she wanted...guess what, Casey, I don't think gen pop is going to be as impressed with you as you are... 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2011, 10:12:28 AM »

Sunny,

It is Baez case but Mason is the death qualified attorney..so why is he allowing someone on their team to do this stuff..my mouth is gaping.
GDD, I have no insiders info..when he first came on board I did some research on him and some of the cases he has handled. I still can't understand why he seems to be so well respected within SOME in the legal community. I also worked for a good ole boy attorney in Houston who used to laugh at some of the 'tricks' he pulled. In fact he reminds me so much of the attorney I worked for, it is scary at times. I also asked an judge friend in Houston if he would make a couple calls as I knew he has friend within the legal community in FL. He told me not to under estimate CM..he has practiced law long enough to know EVERY trick and when to use them. AND used them!! He said he was told CM likes to break up the flow of the trial when it is going bad for the defense. This was shortly after CM joined the defense.......at that time many thought the defense would rest without calling witnesses.  I happened to chat with my friend this weekend and he said  so far it looks like the defense should have rested and not called witnesses.    As the lead attorney the win or lose will be JB's...not CM's.   

Thank you Sunny..very interesting what your firend had to say and seems to be proving exactly right..talk about breaking up the flow of the trial..Lordy..they are bringing it to a standstill this morning.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:13 AM »

AGREED!!  No way would the state NOT retry her.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »

Old video of Richard & Selma Eikelenboom and Bobo.  Of note is the very end (3:40) of the video where Kathi asks about Florida taxpayers paying to fly them here, and Bobo says several times NO.  Bobo says they are opening a lab in the US.          

http://www.wftv.com/video/24257896/index.html
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »

Sunny,

Thank you Sunny..very interesting what your firend had to say and seems to be proving exactly right..talk about breaking up the flow of the trial..Lordy..they are bringing it to a standstill this morning.

YW....sure nuff!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »

I'd cancel court for the day and charge the defense for all court personnel for the whole day.

Do No Evil 
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2011, 10:18:41 AM »

Good morning Monkeys---- The judge said he doesn't make threats.  Excuse me, Your Honor, but you have done so repeatedly, giving Baez extraordinary leeway to disregard the Court's orders and established procedure.  Some might say the judge wishes to avoid an appeal.  However, any of the judge's rulings might be appealed in any case, and probably will be.   Being appealed does not mean winning an appeal.  If Casey Anthony is convicted and sentenced to death, she receives an automatic appeal anyway.  IMO only, it is time for the judge to stop issuing empty threats and carry through with whatever sanctions are appropriate and lawful.  It is time to stop worrying about protecting his own record.  IMO there are three sides in this trial where there should be only two.  The judge, who fails to sanction Baez in order to preserve his own record, the State's which is admonished regularly when they have done nothing wrong, as in this instance, and the defense, which regularly flaunts the law and the Court's orders with impunity.

Good Morning all.

I think it would be worse if JP sanctioned Bozo during the trial. He is the murderer lead attorney. What is he holds him in contempt and sentences him to jail time what happpens with the trial? If he files a complaint and he loses his license what happens to the trial? I don't think JP is thinking of himself I really think he is trying to get the trial over with. Who wants to do it all over again?
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »

thanks for clearing that up - I was worried too!  (didn't know the answer either)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »

Old video of Richard & Selma Eikelenboom and Bobo.  Of note is the very end (3:40) of the video where Kathi asks about Florida taxpayers paying to fly them here, and Bobo says several times NO.  Bobo says they are opening a lab in the US.          

http://www.wftv.com/video/24257896/index.html

This is the guy that Jeff says just showed up yesterday at his office and he doesn't even have a report from him?

This just gets more unbelievable as it goes along.  All the way from Finland, yet no written report on his findings and what he will testify too? 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.