May 01, 2024, 03:20:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what are you doing today?  (Read 11631 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« on: April 22, 2007, 12:42:43 PM »

Hey! This thread is for stuff like below. A kind of "what I am doing with my day" for everyone.

I just scrubbed out my washer. It is amazing the amount of soil that can accumulate in such things, especially with well water. I have a water softener, but there is still crud in the water. Yuk. Justin is going for a long overdue hair cut today.

Btw, anyone who wants to donate to the justinsmama's liposuction fund, please do so!

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:18:11 PM »

It is 76 and sunny here in Indiana on a Sunday afternoon - yaaayy!  

I took a 45 minute walk in the park this morning and enjoyed watching all the kite flyers and dog walkers.   Now I am getting back to the weed pulling project I started  in my yard yesterday. Being an optimist that winter is finally over, I'm also planting a few geraniums.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »

Hey Bobo! Check the avatar thread! Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 01:30:26 PM »

Well I'll bring it here in hopes you'll find it!
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 01:35:32 PM »

I found it and I love it.  You are amazing cbb, thank you so much!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 01:50:53 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

Well I'll bring it here in hopes you'll find it!

It's adorable!

Justin was asking about summer weather last night. It's a struggle to explain to a bright child about the variations that occur even during the height of  a season. Fronts and all that. I'm not a teacher. I think I managed it, though.

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »

I spent time with all my girls, my son-in-law and my grandpuppy today!  I drove down yesterday to see them.  We all went out to dinnner and had a great visit.  I then spent the night with my oldest and her husband.  The younger two went out to party (after all it was Saturday night!) and spent the night in the dorm.  Today they all came out to my oldest's and son-in-law's house and we visited for a while.  Then I drove back home to get ready for the week ahead!  After the terrible shooting this week in Virginia I told my kids I had to see them and give them a BIG hug and kiss!  I think they needed to see me too!  It was a great week end!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 08:56:46 PM »

Ah, casa, I'm so glad that you saw your girls and son-in-law and the grandpup!

I'm a bit irritable right now. I do not like to have my sleep interupted, especially my weekend naps. Grrr.

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 10:49:09 PM »

I totally understand! Hope you get better!  I also just found out that my adopted child has really showed out in spring football and will be starting in the fall as a sophomore!   I am bursting with pride!!!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot wait to see him play next year!!!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 07:49:09 AM »

Whew! What a time the last few days have been! Mom was hospitalized yesterday for rectal bleeding following a procedure (barium in a ballon?). The good news is that no diverticuli were found, so she may be able to have her innards re-connected. Anyhoo, they kept her for observation. Reportedly, worst case scenario is that the surgeon would suture any tear that the procedure caused.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »

Justinsmama, I hope your mom is healed quickly with minimal discomfort.  I know you have had lots of worries with her these past few months, but I hope you can use these bumps in the road to remind you to appreciate having her with you.  

Casa, I also have a son who will be playing high school football as a sophomore next fall.  He works so hard at it, I hope he is able to play as much as he wants.  We should both have fun watching them play and just hanging out with the other football parents in the stands.

The wind is howling here and cold rain is just pouring down - what happened to that beautiful weather?
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 10:45:27 AM »

Quote from: "casa"
I totally understand! Hope you get better!  I also just found out that my adopted child has really showed out in spring football and will be starting in the fall as a sophomore!   I am bursting with pride!!!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot wait to see him play next year!!!

Casa,  That is awesome.  My Son who graduates in a few weeks, was Captain of the Varsity team this past fall.  He was a 3 year starter.  Their team won the Class A State Championships in 2004 & 2005, and He finished his high school career with a 31-3 record.  Nothing makes a parent prouder than to be there to cheer them on.

I also love how the discipline makes them better academically and a better person overall.  

We're off to play NCAA Division 3 football in college this fall.  I can't wait!!

Maine, born and raised!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »

Tracking you guys down is like trying to herd cats!  Laughing

Here, msdarthvada: I made you a lil something for the fourth!  Wink

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/dv4.gif
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »

Thanks CBB

IT is awesome, I love it Very Happy

Maine, born and raised!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Tracking you guys down is like trying to herd cats!  Laughing

Here, msdarthvada: I made you a lil something for the fourth!  Wink

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/dv4.gif

LOL! We are bad, huh?

Mom was released from the hospital this afternoon. The bleeding has slowed. I told her that she just cannot do these things without complications. She's glad to be back home. We had pizza.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 11:46:51 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

We have been having very windy conditions here in Hollywood - Los Angeles. Not the Santa Ana winds which are warm; these winds are cold and howling. It cost me $45 to fill the tank of my Honda (15 gallons).

Today was warm and I went to my AA meeting at Bliss Cafe on Vine Street. Thank God it is air conditioned. There must have been 50 people crammed into a small cafe. I got a "James Dean" sandwich for $5.05. I ate half of it and gave the rest to Allan, who is in charge of "chips." Like poker chips. You get one if you are new. You get one if you have 30, 60, 90 days and more of sobriety. You also get a big hug from Allan. The speaker was great and the shares were insightful. Every week I hear more and more stories I can identify with. Making friends. Hugging them upon arrival and departure.  

I've always feared being homeless. More than afraid. I'm terrified. Even though I have a roof over my head, a 2002 Honda, cable TV, food in the fridge, money coming in, I can pay my bills, take care of my cats, I still feel homeless. After much thought, my problem is feeling emotionally homeless. It is lonely not having a mate to talk to, to download the day and straighten it out and be reassured and comforted.

My AA meeting today was exhilarating. I saw glimmers of my future which I thought ended some time ago. I got some hope. I saw a lot of kindness. A stoned woman stumbled in and collapsed on the floor. Lawrence picked her up and put her on a chair and tended to her. He followed her outside after she got up and she got up and fell down. Good Lord.

One person talked about how when we are together in the AA room of Bliss, we are HOME. No one will judge us, everyone will love us, everyone will help us, everything is accepted, we are encouraged and we are not alone anymore.

His words are so true. In this room, with a core group of members on Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m., I think I've found HOME. An emotional home.

(more to come)

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »

Welcome home, Louise. XXOO

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »

Dear Justins,

Thank you for your comment. You have always been a very good and caring friend to me.

Love you,
Louise

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »

Louise~ I so miss my home AA meeting (in Indy). While I had not drank in nearly a year when I started meetings there, it was truly where I first learned to be sober.

Mom recovered nicely from the bleeding. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow at 1:00 pm. I'm going with her. I hope that he gives her good news about reconnecting her bowel.

Whew! Cleaned Justin's room.  Shocked What a nightmare! Took 2 hours. Still ahve linens to wash and need to vacuum the floor. Think I'll leave the latter for him once he's home tonight. His birthday is rapidly approaching, and I need to get some of the stuff to my office to hide it. He's gotten very good at figuring out my hiding places. Sigh... it used to be so easy to trick him!  Twisted Evil  Wink

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »

Today I drove across town to visit my friend LoLo in West Los Angeles and I took her out to lunch at the Overland Cafe. She wanted "five grain" pancakes. I had a delicious quesadilla with melted cheese and roasted peppers ... I could only eat half of it so I have the rest for dinner. It was good to see her but both of us were depressed. Tomorrow I am paying bills.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.