April 20, 2024, 03:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what are you doing today?  (Read 11607 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 12:24:05 AM »

Thank you Bobo2 for your comforting words. I WILL feel better tomorrow.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 11:46:14 PM »

I forgot to mention that two of the inmates at the board and care were named Diana Ross and Ann Miller. When setting up her phone, the operator and I had some good laughs.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 12:44:49 AM »

Louise,
 I am so sorry.  Sad Sad Sad How sad of a story. Big hugs to you.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2007, 12:53:59 AM »

Today I did nothing other than clean the litterbox and sit like a zombie at the computer. I examined the fur of my cat Guinevere in depth. Each hair is white near the body. The same hair has dark grey in the middle and the end of each hair is light grey.

The produce van arrived and I bought 6 tomatoes, a big box of cherries, a box of strawberries and the last Persian cuke he had.

I remembered some recipes my father's second wife, Carola (in Salzburg, Austria) taught me 40 years ago.

Cukes
1 big American cuke (or several pickling cukes or Persian cukes)
1 clove of garlic, mashed
Two generous shakes of white wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1/4 water

Peel and slice the cukes as thin as possible, thinner than Paris Hilton. Put them in a bowl. Peel one clove of garlic. The way I do it is put the peeled garlic in a plastic bag and start hammering until it is mush. Add that to the cukes and stir it around. Add salt, pepper and whatever else you like. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING THAT WILL OVERPOWER the cukes.

Tomatoes
3 tomatoes - if you use more tomatoes be sure to increase the other ingredients
1 very finely sliced onion (not chopped)
Red vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1/4 water
1 tablespoon sugar

Slice the tomatoes thinner than Twiggy. Slice the onions thinner than a credit card. Add onions to the tomatoes. Add 1/4 red vinegar and 1/4 water. Add as much salt or MSG or you like.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 12:56:07 AM »

Thanks Angie. The is the first time Mother's Day got me upset.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I forgot to mention that two of the inmates at the board and care were named Diana Ross and Ann Miller. When setting up her phone, the operator and I had some good laughs.

I also share a name with a famous lady.  When I was in labor with my daughter, the hospital was just installing a new monitoring system for the mothers.  It enabled the staff to watch your stats on a screen at the nurses station and not have to come in your room so often if things were going well.  I loved it for a I never saw a nurse and could labor in relative peace.

Finally a nurse walked by and popped her head in my door and said "oh, there really is a patient in here".  It seems they saw the famous name on the monitoring system and thought someone was playing games with the new system, monitoring a fictitious test patient.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 10:12:19 AM »

Louise,

Your cucumber & tomato salad recipes are similar to what my Italian Dad made, except he put other seasonings like basil or peppermint leaves and olive oil with the tomatoes.

Another one of my favorites is for broccoli or cauliflower....steam them, let cool....add garlic, a little olive oil & squeeze a couple fresh lemons...mix, cover & chill in fridge for a couple hours or overnight....will have to make some...maybe today.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.