March 28, 2024, 08:30:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Father of the Year ... Alec Baldwin  (Read 3870 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: April 25, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »

If I were the judge in this case, I would be more than generous and allow him to see Ireland for 10 minutes once a week under supervision. No phone calls. No text, no email. Period.

He clearly showed his true colors through his uncontrolled anger.

I hate verbal abuse. It hurts more than physical abuse. It goes beyond the body and attacks the brain and emotions and sense of self. Why am I talking about this?  Words are so important. They can ruin a life and save a life.

When I was six, we were stationed in Salzburg in 1950. My father was a womanizer. My mother took it out on me. She began to say things like "God damn you to hell, you lousy little bitch. I'm gonna kill you." She left my dad and we came back to SoCal to live with my grandparents.

Hopefully Ireland Baldwin will overcome this.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:08:21 AM »

When I finally separated from my husband, I was so angry at him, I never wanted to see or talk to him again. But we had our 15 month old Kristi born May 1966.

He sat me down. He asked "What is the purpose of us talking against each other? It will not benefit any of us. How about we make an effort to get along for the sake of Kristi?" My head swirled around combining all my previous negative brain facts with what he just said and I decided he was smarter and more intuitive than I was and we got along very well. Thank God we found each other, even for a short number of years.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 01:18:56 AM »

If I were Ireland Baldwin, I would be scared to death of Alec. I would not want to have visitation with him because of how he threatened me on the cell phone. He would punish me.

Words can be spoken in anger and haste .... I know that so well. But, once spoken, those words can never be taken back.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »

That poor kid will always remember her father calling her a pig. While the world was watching.

Very sad, i feel for her.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:55:35 AM »

I think we are now seeing why Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin were divorced.

It was reported in the gossip magazines at the time of the split up that Alec berated Kim in public settings.  Reading that was one thing - actually hearing that rant against a child was much more enlightening.

And shame on Larry King and others who are using his tirade as an excuse to  blame Kim.  As she says, the tape speaks for itself.

And Louise, I am too private to share all the circumstances as you bravely have, but I also had a verbally abusive parent.  The scars last a lifetime.  I will never forget being surprised at a senior award banquet with an academic scholarship.  Upon returning to my seat beaming with pride, my mom leaned over and said "that just goes to show, its not the smartest kids that get the scholarships".  There was plenty of name calling too, but it was those comments that were most hurtful.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »

Alec Baldwin is the one who is a fat pig.  When things don’t go his way he just explodes with anger.  He needs help and he needs it fast.  It was said that he took some kind of anger management class already.  He better take a refresher course because obviously it is not working.

He is the male equivalent of Rosie O'Donnell.  Rosie was trying to make excuses for him the other morning on The View.  There is no excuse for what he did.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
I think we are now seeing why Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin were divorced.

It was reported in the gossip magazines at the time of the split up that Alec berated Kim in public settings.  Reading that was one thing - actually hearing that rant against a child was much more enlightening.

And shame on Larry King and others who are using his tirade as an excuse to  blame Kim.  As she says, the tape speaks for itself.

And Louise, I am too private to share all the circumstances as you bravely have, but I also had a verbally abusive parent.  The scars last a lifetime.  I will never forget being surprised at a senior award banquet with an academic scholarship.  Upon returning to my seat beaming with pride, my mom leaned over and said "that just goes to show, its not the smartest kids that get the scholarships".  There was plenty of name calling too, but it was those comments that were most hurtful.

Bobo I'm sorry that you had to go through something like that and yes that is very hurtful.  You had every right to be beaming with pride and I hope you used those remarks to fuel the fire and make good on your scholarships.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 04:59:58 PM »

I agree with all you guys.  There is NO excuse for the verbal abuse from Alec to his daughter!!

I have also been a victim of verbal abuse and the memories stay with you, even when you tell yourself it isn;t true what was said to you.  It just plain old HURTS and hurts for a long long time.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »

This is very sad. Ireland must be so embarassed, and hurt. I hope she is in counseling, and I hope her Dad can find a way to get control of himself from here on out, so that she can have a decent relationship with him. Children need both parents, and it's a shame he can't show her love and acceptance.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 11:26:20 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
I agree with all you guys.  There is NO excuse for the verbal abuse from Alec to his daughter!!

I have also been a victim of verbal abuse and the memories stay with you, even when you tell yourself it isn;t true what was said to you.  It just plain old HURTS and hurts for a long long time.

I agree Kimmy.. I too have been a victim of not only verbal BUT phyiscal abuse myself. Not by my parents EVER or anyone when I was growing up.
 I was raised quite well. Its my marriages that have sucked bad.
 Not getting into it all.. cause I could write a book.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.