March 28, 2024, 03:05:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #604 4/25 - 4/27/2007  (Read 144548 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #900 on: April 27, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
MF at FOB is getting ready to post BREAKING NEWS - nothing posted yet though, just a thread:

MF wrote:

It was supposed to be 7.30 am action, but it took longer I guess.

Per MF at FOB:

A new search at Joran v/d Sloot is going on right now by the ALE, KLPD and Prosecutors.

Dig up the pool!  Look under the shed! Sweat Paulus, sweat!  
 Yes. This is good!  Maybe, I hope.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: April 27, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »

Laughing

I'm mad because I won't hear the news because I have to leave in 5 minutes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: April 27, 2007, 11:01:10 AM »

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: April 27, 2007, 11:01:30 AM »

Hi Monkeys,
Klaas you need to speed that up. Our San would never be that slow.
JMHO

I hope they are now going to do a full search on the property.

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: April 27, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »

SAN - I'm supposed to be working right now, LOL  Laughing
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: April 27, 2007, 11:02:14 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Klaas, Kermit has been saying for a while that there will be people arrested that we have no idea about yet... and he has been saying that for over a year. He posted that yesterday on the FP and I'm sure you saw it, but in case the other monks have not... I think you should all know just how talented Kermit is... truly a remarkable amphibian. My opinion is that this scope is wide and varied.

Superfrog!!!

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: April 27, 2007, 11:03:11 AM »

Klaas you are breaking out all the weapons today Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: April 27, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »

"PVDS did leave his house and there are still a bunch of cops there, both Dutch and Aruban.

Still waiting on more info."

I Stand With The Girl
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: April 27, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"

Dig up the pool!  Look under the shed! Sweat Paulus, sweat!  
 Yes. This is good!  Maybe, I hope.

Can we put in for a perp walk this time? He got to drive himself in last time.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: April 27, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: April 27, 2007, 11:04:37 AM »

Me too Klaas, but how can we???   Laughing We have news!!  We don't what kind, but we now have news!!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: April 27, 2007, 11:04:49 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
"PVDS did leave his house and there are still a bunch of cops there, both Dutch and Aruban.

Thanks BT - did you see MF is reporting a new search of the VDS residence right now with KLPD and the Prosecutors office?
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: April 27, 2007, 11:04:50 AM »

Me too!!!!! Surprised

Rob, don't laugh I'm praying now.

Hi Sharon!  I mistakenly wrote "hi Shell" in prev post sorry. don't know why.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #913 on: April 27, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »

The suspense is killing me.  I have to leave in a little bit too.  Wonder if I could get a text message...okay, I am anxious.  Sorry. I will behave.  Rolling Eyes
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: April 27, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »

Well I'm going for a hair cut and you know how long that takes me Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: April 27, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »

Posted by MF at FOB when Moonshadows asked if it was Joran's place in the NL that was being searched:

No, in Aruba. It started about an hour ago. The prosecutors met with a person there and give the notice of the search. It is being done by the KLPD, but ALE is present.

I think the PR (Biezen) for the PG is going to make a statement shortly.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #916 on: April 27, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »

Thanks BT - did you see MF is reporting a new search of the VDS residence right now with KLPD and the Prosecutors office?

I saw that Klaas, and this about a statement:

MF

I think the PR (Biezen) for the PG is going to make a statement shortly.

I Stand With The Girl
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: April 27, 2007, 11:06:55 AM »

It looks like Klaas took my advice. LOL

I have to leave also San. But great news anyway. I just hope there is some forensic evidence after 2 years. To dang bad they did not get to the mattress that was replaced. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #918 on: April 27, 2007, 11:09:10 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"

The suspense is killing me.  I have to leave in a little bit too.  Wonder if I could get a text message...okay, I am anxious.  Sorry. I will behave.  Rolling Eyes

Lalas - if you really want a text message, I will send you one. Just email me your number. Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: April 27, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »

Today's (04/27/2007) Amigoe.com -

Less than one-third cars sold  

ORANJESTAD -- The Aruba Car Dealers Association (Acda) announced that compared to the first quarter of 2006, the sale of new cars has dropped drastically in the same period this year, namely with 38 percent.  Other than the fact that the new car prices have increased, the main reason remains the increase of the import tax and the introduction of the bbo.    

This is disastrous, not only for the importers, but also for the government, said Acda.  If this tendency continues, it would mean a loss of income for the government in 2007 of 23 million florins in not collected income tax and bbo.  

With regard to the double cap pickup trucks, the government has increased the import tax from 12 to 50 percent on these vehicles mid last year, which is an enormous increase and people think twice before buying them.  This is the most important reason for not selling many new cars this year.  Acda says that the government decided on this increase, because in the Netherlands , the rules for trucks on a grey licence plate with a lower BPM (Passenger car- and Motorcycle Tax) and the road tax tariff were accentuated.  But the Aruban government forgot though that the medium- and small businesses can still request a grey tag for a truck to be used for the business.  The Netherlands does consider the little purse of the medium- and small businesses, but the Aruban government does not.  

Due to the introduction of the bbo, the car dealers cannot offer a good price on trade-in cars. The car dealers have to pay bbo on trade-in cars and again when they sell these trade-in cars.  They have to deduct 6 percent from the trade-in price, which makes the purchase of a new model unattractive.    The bbo has already influenced the living standard on the island.  Together with the enormous increase of the fuel prices that doubled in the past three years, the people postpone the purchase of a new car.   The prices of new cars have also increased due to the drastic increase of the production costs.  A turnover-loss of almost 40 percent on new cars forms a big problem for the car dealers and this would lead to loss of jobs in this branch.

Hummm. Doesn't mention maybe a lack of work/income?

I also noticed in yesterday's Amigoe.com that Aruba (and probably the other islands) are having problems getting cement. It mostly comes from Venezuela, and the "shortage" has something to do with export regulations Chavaez is diddling ...

... but apparently this has happened many times before. All of a sudden, ooops, no concrete; all construction on hold for weeks.

Being an island does have unique problems - anything not produced locally is expensive because of shipping.

I remember being astounded by the cost of toilet paper and paper towels when I went to Hawaii many years ago. No paper production there.

Onward.

Sounds like big news may be coming from Aruba soon. Thanks to Anna and Cat for heads up for me; I was out of the loop yesterday.

TOMORROW - BIG day for our "Activist Monkeys" - the Miami Travel Show. Visit the travel show thread and wish them well (if you haven't already). Vicki says they're a small group but she "has a big mouth" !!!

Two words:
FRIDAY
FUBARUBA

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.