April 24, 2024, 06:04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. one-day individual tax haul at record high  (Read 5438 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 26, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »

U.S. one-day individual tax haul at record high By Mark Felsenthal
Wed Apr 25, 5:02 PM ET

U.S. tax receipts from individuals hit a record one-day high of $48.7 billion on April 24, a Treasury Department official said on Wednesday.

The previous record was $36.4 billion, set on April 25, 2006, said Jennifer Zuccarelli, a Treasury spokeswoman.

The record reflects taxes not withheld from individuals over the course of the year, but paid to the government before this year's April 17 income-tax deadline.

While some of those tax payments come from taxpayers who withheld less tax from their paychecks than they owed, much of it was owed on income from investments or profits.

"This reflects the fact that Americans in high-income brackets had a very good year in 2006," said Lou Crandall, chief economist at Wrightson ICAP in Jersey City, New Jersey.

The one-day total is a small fraction of the estimated $2.5 trillion in overall tax receipts the government is likely to collect in fiscal 2007, Crandall said.

But strong tax revenues point to the likelihood of a shrinking budget deficit, he said.

Copyright © 2007 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070425/us_nm/usa_treasury_taxes_dc_1

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 01:37:52 PM »

So the Bush tax cuts were working wonderfully and the only thing besides today's vote for surrender the Democrats have passed so far is the biggest tax hike in the history of the country!

Watch them wreck this economy!  They have to do that as well as lose the war in Iraq which Harry Reid just flatly stated.

Even the Washington Post is all over Reid on that one!

But the wrecking of the economy is just as bad.  Some will do literally anything to win an election.

This should be criminal and these people are the ones who should be under investigation instead of conducting them.

They have no moral authority to do anything.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 06:51:11 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
So the Bush tax cuts were working wonderfully and the only thing besides today's vote for surrender the Democrats have passed so far is the biggest tax hike in the history of the country!
Watch them wreck this economy!  They have to do that as well as lose the war in Iraq which Harry Reid just flatly stated.
But the wrecking of the economy is just as bad.  Some will do literally anything to win an election.
This should be criminal and these people are the ones who should be under investigation instead of conducting them.

Anna, you don't know what you are talking about.  Do some research before you post your angry propaganda.  Your opinions do not change the facts.  Google "David Walker fiscal sanity" and "Bill Moyers Journal".

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Quote from: "Anna"

Anna, you don't know what you are talking about.  Do some research before you post your angry propaganda.  Your opinions do not change the facts.  Google "David Walker fiscal sanity" and "Bill Moyers Journal".

Leslie just because you disagree with ANNA is no reason to be RUDE - she is not posting angry propaganda... she is stating her opinion.  There are just as many opinioins out that that will back her up.

It would be nice if you could state you disagree and wish for the US to pay the kinds of taxes that other countries pay or whatever the issue is... but to post such as what I bolded is just plain RUDE!

The other thing is that just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean that their posts are ANGRY....why do you insist on using that term for anything that you disagree with?  It's quite annoying...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 11:12:25 PM »

I think I've figured out why I can't discuss things with Anna.

As Leslie indicates, Anna posts quotes from other sources. What she posts is not coming from her mind, but rather from quoting sources she reads about. I don't want to talk to her sources, I want to talk to the real Anna. I would love to hear original posts rather than quoted sources.

Thank you, Scared Monkeys for letting me speak my opinion.

I know angry posts when I read them and Anna is always angry.

Ducking, because I feel I will be attacked again by Anna.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 12:45:25 AM »

PS: I didn't intend my last comments to be offensive. I like you very much Anna and want to be friends with you.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 12:31:15 PM »

has it ever occurred to any of you that perhaps we need to be angry about how the damn politicians are ruining our country?  about how being politically correct will only get us killed? about how for example the freaking US Senators don't pay into or use Social Security because they know it's nothing more than a lousy pyramid scheme?

Having said that, it's not that I think ANNA is angry or that her posts are... I think that if anyone dares to disagree with some of you then they are perceived as angry - myself included when quite frankly I am not angry... at any of you... I am angry about the complete distruction of this country... with illegal immigrants, the politically correct bullshit, the overpaid, loud mouth celebrities that people seem to think know something.... yes, those are things that make me angry... things like the idea that some assbite magaizine writer coins a phrase about "pretty white girl missing" syndrome for things such as Natalee's disappearance...

I am not speaking for Anna... I am simplying defending her right to state what she thinks on the forum without the endless attacks because you disagree -

when she brings in an article, could it be because of all the attacking that goes on she feels she must defend her position... at least she has an opinion that she backs up..... I applaud that!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »

good points.Thank God ,no hand guns
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »

Mrs. Red,

It is fine with me if you think "we need to be angry about how the damn politicians are ruining our country? About how being politically correct will only get us killed? About how for example the freaking US Senators don't pay into or use Social Security because they know it's nothing more than a lousy pyramid scheme?"

Mrs., it's fine with me if you are angry about that (you stated you are angry), but please do not take your anger out on me.  I have no responsibility for what the freaking damn politicians do or how the politicians don't pay into or use Social Security.

I am happy to read anything Anna posts as long as she doesn't implicate me or be angry at me about something I have nothing to do with. I'm just sitting here at my computer reading and writing and minding my own business.

Yes, Mrs., Anna contributes a lot to this forum and I agree you are simply defending her right to state what she thinks on the forum without the endless attacks because I disagree.  

Anger is a mysterious thing. Like the way Alec Baldwin took out his MISDIRECTED anger on his daughter. He confessed on TV that he took out his anger about his exwife on the daughter. This is very typical behavior for people who are not in touch with their own emotions.

There is a lot to be said for knowing one's self and realizing what we are really angry about and taking it out on that particular target, instead of taking it out on people who have nothing to do with what originally made us angry.

I don't appreciate anyone's anger about the world, politics, etc., to be taken out on me.

In summary, please examine yourself and figure out what you are angry about and take it out on the appropriate target of your anger.

Thank you.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 10:50:45 PM »

actually LV, I wasn't even remotely taking my irritation with all the garbage going on out on you... in fact, I specifically stated in my post that yes I was angry about the aforementioned items but it had nothing to do wiht any monkey...

I do however dislike being accused of being angry constantly when I am not... what I was trying to do was say that there are legimate reasons to be upset....  Rolling Eyes

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 10:56:22 PM »

I can't possibly post what I think or just my opinion as then I am attacked by the very ANGRY Leslie who keeps quoting that one flaming liberal she has found to agree with her unsubstantiated opinions.

I can assure any of you who are so concerned that in fact, I very well do know exactly what I am talking about and that is why I always that is ALWAYS post MULTIPLE sources, not the same ones over and over again with a certain agenda but legitimate business publications such as the WSJ and IBD.

If I dare post my opinion here, although it has been welcomed professionally elsewhere, I am accused of blanket ignorance of subjects that I am very well informed about.

For example, Louses, check out Dodge and Cox for excellent fund of both mutual funds and bonds.

There are many subjects in the world about which I know next to nothing but this just isn't one of them.

See my next post for a break down of what is happening in our government even as we speak.

So one asks for my personal opinion and not sourced articles and another claims I don't know what I am talking about.  This is the most hostile group on the entire forum and also the nastiest.

BTW Leslie, how's that outing of my son working out for you and justinsmama?  Get his expelled from his job yet?

You do realize any threat like that directed at any intelligence officer or Foreign Service Officer must be reported to Homeland Security most especially when there is a foreign national involved like that I assume since you know literally everything about this country far better than we Americans ever could hope to know.

I don't make the rules but I am required to follow them.   Wink

And I am still waiting for an apology to None and that other poster you did not name for saying their posts about the terrorists risk being far greater through Canada than Mexico as verified by our Dept of State were pure garbage and that they were lying.  Looks like you were the one lying about that.  

So don't call me the one who is angry!  Who wouldn't be to try to post with these constant PERSONAL attacks on me and even my child!  That's pretty low.  

No, I won't share personal opinions here as I need documented proof of every word I post as Leslie and others are just waiting to pounce and call me a liar about each and everything I post and it just saves time to go right to the source.  Cuts out that middle step of calling me names and posting lies about me, the one who is always accused of being the angry one.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 11:37:10 PM »

Sorry, I am unable to convert my document from a PDF file to post here in text.

It doesn't matter anyway as Leslie has already assured us that I don't know what I am talking about as she had managed to locate a Democrat who holds an office in one of the budget offices to support HER agenda.

This means that no other facts or sources should be considered except for Leslies as she is an expert on everything that happens in this country which has an economy so very much stronger than her own country I often wonder why she is so worried about this one.  

Frankly, I only read threads started by those whose opinions I respect and really think in an area so controversial, it might be best for those who have such open personal hostility for me to do the same and just skip mine.  

I am really weary of posting just to be called a liar and then have to prove that I am not which I am ALWAYS able to do in spades.  I actually live here and have a chance to see the economy in action and I know what to look for as well.

So I really don't care that I can't open my document anyway.  I am always called names and when I back up what I say like on the majority of attacks on this country from terrorists coming from Canada, then the attackers just move on to attack the next thing I post without ever answering their previous lies and smears.

I'm tired of the game and will seek more mature and fair people with whom to share my political opinions, ones who do not constantly name call and attack and even attack my child because they do not agree with me.  There are many such forums with people of opposing views who are able to refrain from personal ad hominem attacks and to also lay off each other's children.  

What mother on the face of the earth wouldn't resent a threat against their child like that!

I will remember it always.  

It's one of the nastiest things ever done to me on the internet and was so totally uncalled for.

And you haven't silenced me at all, I just chose to post among people who are far better informed and above the catty, personal sniping that some here can't seem to post without using.

PERSONA NON GRATA

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 02:52:24 PM »

IMO when you don't have a platform for your own argument you sling personal insults at those who you have no other argument of merit with. Louise it's nearly impossible to banter or discuss politics without utilizing real data and yes at times viewpoints, do any of us perform within that arena daily? Are those sources that do work within that realm daily now not allowed to have an opinion either?

Even in medicine it's opinions that often drive the prescribed treatments so if you are seeking absolutes I will wish you luck in finding that within political strategy and principles of any party.

I am unsure why Leslie even cares about these issues with the exception of calling Bush out constantly? That's really all I've learned via those exchanges yet I will state that Anna brings many detailed dissertations and metrics to this board, which is what we all should be doing and reviewing instead of slinging mud at anyone you might disagree with? Whether you agree with any given perspective or not, having the data to review has value. If you cannot see that then you likely never engaged in healthy debate within your education which I find sad, for that is your loss for it develops our critical thinking skills. In college I had more than a few teachers push me into a corner while discussing theories and events, thank heavens I knew better than to cry foul or fold like a house of cards, for their expectation was that I could indeed and would indeed defend my position without ever feeling anger from them or toward them even when they might disagree with me?

What has happened here in this forum is exactly what's wrong with our current political system, partisanship at the exclusion of objectivity by some, not all. Are you part of the solution or the problem? IMO that's where each of us can make a difference.

I continue to stand with the girl.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 07:04:41 PM »

APPLAUSE For ANNA and NONE... you both stated so well what I tried in vain to convey.  Yes, it has become impossible to have a civil discussion because those that disagree want to bring emotion, usually theirs into the discussions.

This election is the first time in my lifetime I am in fear of what is going to happen to my country, my way of life, and indeed as far fetched as many of you will find it, my religion.

spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 08:10:56 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
has it ever occurred to any of you that perhaps we need to be angry about how the damn politicians are ruining our country?  about how being politically correct will only get us killed? about how for example the freaking US Senators don't pay into or use Social Security because they know it's nothing more than a lousy pyramid scheme?

Having said that, it's not that I think ANNA is angry or that her posts are... I think that if anyone dares to disagree with some of you then they are perceived as angry - myself included when quite frankly I am not angry... at any of you... I am angry about the complete distruction of this country... with illegal immigrants, the politically correct bullshit, the overpaid, loud mouth celebrities that people seem to think know something.... yes, those are things that make me angry... things like the idea that some assbite magaizine writer coins a phrase about "pretty white girl missing" syndrome for things such as Natalee's disappearance...

I am not speaking for Anna... I am simplying defending her right to state what she thinks on the forum without the endless attacks because you disagree -

when she brings in an article, could it be because of all the attacking that goes on she feels she must defend her position... at least she has an opinion that she backs up..... I applaud that!

I agree with you Mrs Red! All of it!!!!!!! screw all the people that "claim" to be speaking for us. 100% with you Mrs Red!!!!!!

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 08:20:46 AM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
good points.Thank God ,no hand guns

No. I say thank God for our right to have hand guns. I wish guns had never been invented but it was. so thank God we have the right IN THIS COUNTRY to protect ourselves. It is one of two of THE most important things about this country. THIS COUNTRY! I still say If you don;t like it then please leave....there are countries out there for you...go there...live there....but do not try to change this country.ranting again...sorry...

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
APPLAUSE For ANNA and NONE... you both stated so well what I tried in vain to convey.  Yes, it has become impossible to have a civil discussion because those that disagree want to bring emotion, usually theirs into the discussions.

This election is the first time in my lifetime I am in fear of what is going to happen to my country, my way of life, and indeed as far fetched as many of you will find it, my religion.

Well, no emotion there, LOL!!!

We all bring emotion to the PF.  It is what drives us to care about our country.  It is also what drives us to post.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.