March 29, 2024, 04:01:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #605 4/27 - 4/27/2007PM  (Read 147945 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: April 27, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »

Quote from: AZSunny
Quote from: "klaasend"
The plant they are referring to that was dug up at the VDS home is a century plant:

Exactly!!  I was guessing some people may have thought a large tree was removed.   My the way, they are really sharp at the end of the points of the plant.  I wouldn't put one that close to our pool.  ouch!!

Sharp enough to cause deep scratches on Guido/Marco??
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #681 on: April 27, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Hi!  It's been am interesting day for sure!!  A big Thanks to Jossy...for his report and to Easy and Bt for making sure we got it.  Let's hope this is REAL
I just have to hope that something is going to happen this time. IMO, for  the Dutch to do this now when the case could have been closed would have been a bad gamble, if for show, Being that the Tourism authority has been waiting for this whole case to dry up and go away. It would be suicidal, IMO, to do this now, bringing all this attention Back to Aruba..with no outcome. I just have to believe this means they have something.

I soooo much agree with that... there is no way that anyone would replay
the events in 2005.

The fact that they brought in a jack-hammer can only mean one thing:

They are going to tear up some concrete... that's going to take some
time.  It only seems logical that they would have the dogs do a quick
sniff around the yard before they start excavating.  Obviously, they
think there is something to be found... AND I agree with Anna, they
wouldn't bring in porta potties if they weren't expecting to be there
long.  According to Arubans, the investigators are camped out at the
Sloots.

Any word about Joran in Holland?  Has he been detained yet?

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: April 27, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »

Patti - no word about Joran
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #683 on: April 27, 2007, 07:10:47 PM »

Be back in a bit, it is Pizza time here, with banana topping, of course! Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: April 27, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »

I seriously don't think they have much of a concept of forensics in Aruba.  Scubajap,  a supposed American living there, once posted that Joran's apartment has been "tossed" twice or three times.

Now we know what a big fan of the Sloots she is but at the time she was feigning neutrality.  But "tossing" would be the absolute wrong thing to do as we all know from watching CSI, etc.  I don't think they understand the concept of removing nails and screws and taking up flooring and removing paint, etc.

If they did, they would not make such outlandish statements as declaring nothing found a very few hours into a search.

And I haven't seen anybody claim the search had one thing to do with Joran's book or his most unfortunate (for him) interview, either.  We have only commented that it is a bad coincidence for getting book endorsements.  See OJ's latest efforts in this regard.  People don't want to buy a book from somebody they think "guilty as hell'!

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: April 27, 2007, 07:14:03 PM »

Buckeye asks:  Sharp enough to cause deep scratches on Guido/Marco??

Yes,  and to draw blood.  We have a much smaller size and the shoot is only about 4 or 5 feet tall, but they are really hard to trim the dead "leaves" off the botton.

Rob,  our kind doesn't smell, so it must be Anita..where is CBB leg raising picture??   Wink

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #686 on: April 27, 2007, 07:14:11 PM »

Quote from: "Patti"
Hi!  It's been am interesting day for sure!!  A big Thanks to Jossy...for his report and to Easy and Bt for making sure we got it.  Let's hope this is REAL
I just have to hope that something is going to happen this time. IMO, for  the Dutch to do this now when the case could have been closed would have been a bad gamble, if for show, Being that the Tourism authority has been waiting for this whole case to dry up and go away. It would be suicidal, IMO, to do this now, bringing all this attention Back to Aruba..with no outcome. I just have to believe this means they have something.

the events in 2005.

Sloots.

Only thing about this is, if what Easy's says is true...and it a serious, relevant search...they wouldn't allow Paulus back onto his property during...regardless of the circumstances.

If it was police sponsored, there would be all kinds of problems allowing someone outside of their department access to what they've found, or what they could find later.  Chain of custody...tainting of evidence...just to name a few.  

If there were legitimacy to this search, surely the VDS family as a whole wouldn't be allowed in until it has been completed...would they?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: April 27, 2007, 07:15:55 PM »

Iquitos at RU seems a bit upset, lol  Laughing

Iquitos wrote:

so where were the f***ing dutch experts when they

searched the first time on a warrant from dutch judges led by a dutch prosecutor? looks like an act of revenge to me. dutch vs dutch. i can't help but recall the tirade delivered by that pompous ass nico the advocaat generaal against meester van der sloot. they are pissed becasue he has defended himself and is son and has embarrassed the colonial legal regime. if they were so concerned where were they in the beginning. this smells real bad.

Iquitos wrote:

are granny toad and red

leading the investigation now? i did not realize they are dutch

Iquitos wrote:

the need a porta potty

because they are full of shit.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: April 27, 2007, 07:17:34 PM »

Wasn't it John Wayne Gacey's house they totally disassembled and carted away, left a vacant lot with pits dug all over it?  

Now wouldn't that be something, lol.   Laughing

I feel Paulus deserves this for blocking the search in the first place.  KJ specifically said that "Paulus wouldn't let us" was why there was no search in the first place.  OK, if that's the way he wants to do it, now two years later it will take a little more property damage to conduct a search but it's his own fault.

Too bad!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: April 27, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »

Howdy Everybody!!  Had to leave for a while, and liked to never caught up with ya'll.

This might sound like a silly question, but if Natalee was on the VDS property (which I think she was), and she ran into that bush while trying to escape, could there still be forensic evidence on it?   Does anybody know if they took the bush away for testing?   Cool

Hope they do a  forensic search on the pool shed.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #690 on: April 27, 2007, 07:18:50 PM »

You know the Dutch were on Aruba for more than 10 days before they even moved on the VDS home. I have a feeling, maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but maybe they are just building up to what's really coming like what Kermit has been saying for over a year.

If he is right, and I have no reason to doubt him because I know just how well informed and talented he is, they would naturally start with Paulus and Joran and get them outta the loop and then move on the others.

Natalee Holloway update on Fox next!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #691 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:15 PM »

Evening everyone

Not a good day to have to be at work for over 10 hours  Crying or Very sad  
Wanted to thank Rob for keeping me informed and Yap for calling me too.
 I wanted to leave work bad..lol  
Caught up reading finally.. and I hope and pray this is not no friggin show.
 Alot to digest right now.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »

I am curious as to where Anita and the "boys" are while this is going on.

ALso, I am not clear on whether the investigators have left for good, or just for the night?
If for good, why the jackhammer and tents?
I am just not clear on this point.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:47 PM »

Dutch investigators search yard of one-time Holloway suspect

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20070427/API/704271204

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Dutch police who traveled to Aruba to investigate the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway searched the yard of a one-time suspect Friday, the Aruban prosecutors' office said.

Using thin metal rods and shovels, police and forensic investigators churned up the earth outside the home of Joran van der Sloot, the last person known to have seen Holloway alive before she vanished in May 2005 during a school vacation on the Dutch Caribbean island.

"The investigation has never stopped and the Dutch authorities are completely reviewing the case for new indications," Vivian van der Biezen, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office, told reporters gathered outside the home.

She said roughly 20 investigators arrived from Holland on June 16 (must mean Apr 16), but that she could not say why they were searching the property. She did not know how long they planned to stay.

The prosecutors' office said in a statement that, "the team has indications that justify a more thorough search." It did not provide further details.
hummingbird7525
Scared Monkey

« Reply #694 on: April 27, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »

Hi my Monkeys
Just wanted to say on Fox, Sheppard Smith, is gonna say something about Natalee.  Up next.....

Good days give you happiness.  Bad days give you experiences.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: April 27, 2007, 07:20:40 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
[Only thing about this is, if what Easy's says is true...and it a serious, relevant search...they wouldn't allow Paulus back onto his property during...regardless of the circumstances.

If it was police sponsored, there would be all kinds of problems allowing someone outside of their department access to what they've found, or what they could find later.  Chain of custody...tainting of evidence...just to name a few.  

If there were legitimacy to this search, surely the VDS family as a whole wouldn't be allowed in until it has been completed...would they?

Where did you read that Paulus was allowed on the property or any of the Sloot family.  This is news to me.  I have not heard that before.

PERSONA NON GRATA

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:06 PM »

Quote from: "NM"
Hi Jill,
There is a SM front page article on jurin's book.

Also, possibly under that article or an aruba article just before in the FPage posts is a translation of jurin's interview on dutch tv shoveling his BS book, and a translation of the dutch Telegraaf newspaper article.  The dutch are not to happy about jurin nor his BS book (YEAH!!!!).

snipped

thanks, sweetheart.

tell me they're not done with the search.

tell me the port-a-pottys are still there.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:14 PM »

Hi Monkeys - Great news.  Still trying to catch up reading.

Heads Up ::  Shep Smith on Fox News just now mentioned Aruba and Natalee so looks like having a news item shortly.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #698 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:26 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "Patti"

the events in 2005.

Sloots.

Only thing about this is, if what Easy's says is true...and it a serious, relevant search...they wouldn't allow Paulus back onto his property during...regardless of the circumstances.

Absolutely...

I think that's why they are camped out there... they don't want anyone or anything distrurbing their work or the evidence they find.  I'm sure that Paulus will be detained, at least long enough to complete the search on the residence if not longer.

But, I'm concerned about Joran and Anita... I hope someone has a hold
on the two of them... I could see them trying to make a run for it if
they know that there's bound to be something found in the search.

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »

Quote from: "hummingbird7525"
Hi my Monkeys
Just wanted to say on Fox, Sheppard Smith, is gonna say something about Natalee.  Up next.....

Thanks for the heads up!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.