April 26, 2024, 04:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #482 6/28 - 6/29/2006  (Read 196307 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2006, 01:11:51 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
None and Peaches, what we put in our bodies does have a huge effect on our wellness, doesn't it?  Now, why can't we do something about that while we are well, instead of waiting till we aren't well to act?  I'm a terrible example of that--sitting here drinking a PepsiOne and just finished breakfast of eggs and toast with butter.  I need a guard who only lets me put the right things in my mouth and whips me until I exercise enough!!   Laughing

AZLady, I hate to tell you this, but my grandfather ate six fried eggs for breakfast each morning with pork, home-made biscuits and a ton of butter.  Unfortunately, he never had an illness in his life but a truck did hit him when he was 101 on his way to open his store.  He had left home without breakfast that morning, as he had overslept.  The truck blew a tire and hit my grandfather, an 18-wheeler.  He lived 2-3 days but it was awful that he spent his last really well day without his half-dozen fried eggs.  I guess if he had been eating right he might have lived longer. Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »

tyler-

So good to see you, you always have the best posts !! Glad to see you are feeling well enough to post, I do worry about you, sending you hugs!!!

I must flee for now, days are so busy this week but hope someone can discover why we hear these obscure criticisms of Aruba by the dutch occasionally, yet no one seems to have any tour de force around that nebulous NFI ?????????

Something is not right there, the dutch are complicit and I don't think I'll ever be convinced otherwise.

Everyone have a great day, will try to check in later !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2006, 01:15:51 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
None and Peaches, what we put in our bodies does have a huge effect on our wellness, doesn't it?  Now, why can't we do something about that while we are well, instead of waiting till we aren't well to act?  I'm a terrible example of that--sitting here drinking a PepsiOne and just finished breakfast of eggs and toast with butter.  I need a guard who only lets me put the right things in my mouth and whips me until I exercise enough!!   Laughing

AZLady, I hate to tell you this, but my grandfather ate six fried eggs for breakfast each morning with pork, home-made biscuits and a ton of butter.  Unfortunately, he never had an illness in his life but a truck did hit him when he was 101 on his way to open his store.  He had left home without breakfast that morning, as he had overslept.  The truck blew a tire and hit my grandfather, an 18-wheeler.  He lived 2-3 days but it was awful that he spent his last really well day without his half-dozen fried eggs.  I guess if he had been eating right he might have lived longer. Laughing

{{HUGS}} to you Tyler!  How did you know I was beating myself up today for being so "bad?"  Don't know if that's true or not, but it makes me feel so much better!  I don't eat the pork, so hope I'm not negating the benefits of this salubrious diet (but I get in nearly everything else!)   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2006, 01:18:39 PM »

Better butter than margarine.  Nothing good in margarine.  Quit buying it ages ago.

Eggs are not that bad either. I think all that cholesterol nonsense is just that.  You need some cholesterol for your brain to work.  

The more processed it is, the less nutritional value it has.  Off my little soapbox now.

Geez, I have got to get some work done.  It's nearly time to leave already!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »

AZLady-

Trust me, we aren't shining examples for diet savvy either, it's just that his liver is so compromised we had to move to protect it with diet.

tyler is correct too, genetics play a large role. Also please know hubby's immune system was compromised dramatically via the anthrax/nerve gas vaccinations he received in Desert Storm along with breathing the particles from the oil fires in Kuwait for many months.

So don't take this as an example which is typical, his immune system was repeatedly diminished which likely created this cancer.

Take care again everyone - must fly !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2006, 01:19:07 PM »

I was telling Tyler by email that I really believe there are political struggles going on in Aruba of which we only see the tip of the iceburg.  I think the political situation there is precarious.  We've seen indications of it with Oduber's associations with Fidel Castro and Chavez, Venezuela's leader.  Venezuela would love to swallow up Aruba, and the Dutch should rightly be very afraid for their fortunes and their homes should that happen.  They would then be the illegals on their own island.  Chavez is rapidly turning Venezuela from a republic into a dictatorship and would like to get his hands on the Aruban refinery for his oil. He'd also like to get rid of the FOL we have on Aruba so he can run his drugs more readily and easily.  I think Chavez is promoting the political turmoil, and it's becoming an obvious struggle now.  Oduber has been given false promises, and the current climate of corruption feeds into Chavez's plans.  I really think the Netherlands and USA need to act soon, or the situation is going to get more difficult and more visible.  I'm sure Jossy is aware of what's happening and working for the best for Aruba, but he'll need some big help.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2006, 01:20:57 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
AZLady-

Trust me, we aren't shining examples for diet savvy either, it's just that his liver is so compromised we had to move to protect it with diet.

tyler is correct too, genetics play a large role. Also please know hubby's immune system was compromised dramatically via the anthrax/nerve gas vaccinations he received in Desert Storm along with breathing the particles from the oil fires in Kuwait for many months.

So don't take this as an example which is typical, his immune system was repeatedly diminished which likely created this cancer.

Take care again everyone - must fly !!!

See ya, None.  Take care and we're praying for you both.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

My grandfather loved pork, British.  My grandmother could not eat pork and the rest of the family did not, so he ate our share.  We all grew up being non-pork eaters but it sure does smell good.   Laughing

My grandfather was kind of a legend in our area.  One of the ladies in our town had heard about the way my grandfather ate and how much and she was telling me recently that she had heard about that from her father and mother, but she went on to say, "They said he worked about 18 hours out of 24, doing heavy labor, even to stocking his own grocery shelves and walked to his store each morning which was over a mile from his house, and walked home each night when he closed, so the exercise was the difference."

He also farmed 50 acres of land with little help until he was in his late 80s.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2006, 01:22:13 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Easy,

theme jokes, I did need the laugh. this is pretty risque for me to post but I have a birthday in a few weeks so oh well -- I can stand in the shower with my arms over my head and feel 21 again  Laughing  Laughing

sigh, the ravages of time.........SO unfair for us girls !! Hey, why don't we measure some droop on the guys?  Wink  Laughing  Laughing

ROTFLMAO!!!  NONE I love you!   LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2006, 01:23:31 PM »

My grandfather loved pork, British.  My grandmother could not eat pork and the rest of the family did not, so he ate our share.  We all grew up being non-pork eaters but it sure does smell good.   Laughing

My grandfather was kind of a legend in our area.  One of the ladies in our town had heard about the way my grandfather ate and how much and she was telling me recently that she had heard about that from her father and mother, but she went on to say, "They said he worked about 18 hours out of 24, doing heavy labor, even to stocking his own grocery shelves and walked to his store each morning which was over a mile from his house, and walked home each night when he closed, so the exercise was the difference."

He also farmed 50 acres of land with little help until he was in his late 80s.

What an admirable man.  Energy and a self-starter, a man after my own heart.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2006, 01:24:43 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
None, what did you think of the cottage cheese stuff I sent ya?  My DH knows the big ole scientific explanation, some thing about sulphur based protein, yada, yada, yada.  I eat that stuff every single day..usually while reading here first thing in the morning.  He's convinced it's good for my immune system.... and that's important since chemo just kicks your butt. Anyway, y'all are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Peaches,
I have read about this diet, too, and sure think it worth a try!  I often think it is our own bodies that fight off this dread disease instead of the treatments but who can take such a risk of finding out!  But it sure made me include more cottage cheese in my diet and now I have forgotten the rest of it.  If you have it at hand, would you email it to me to have?  Have a niece in midst of chemo would like to share it with her.  If not convenient, is OK.  Email in profile.

TIA!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2006, 01:26:45 PM »

Morning Monkeys.  I realize I am naive and generally believe that people are who they tell me they are.  I've always been upright and honest, as a person.  I really believe most of the people in this forum are, also.   Very Happy   Anyway, I read this article http://www.boingboing.net/2006/02/06/did_nvidia_hire_an_a.html and thought I would pass it along.  

It's made me think twice about some posters on this and other boards, and encouraged me to not react as quickly to inflammatory ideas or those I disagree with.  I have a tendency to respond too quickly sometimes when people offer ideas that are just "out there."  I need to stop, think, and respond rationally, or not at all.  Now that the judge's decision is due, we might find more "trolls," and we see people actually paid to promote certain points of view on the message boards.  Abhorrent to me as this is, it was an eye-opener to realize that it does occur.  Just passing along the ideas.

thanks for the link.....I have always believed this...but became positive when I saw some posters on Natalee related boards!! I can personally think of one person who I really liked and admired......who suddenly flipped over....I was shocked....but soon came to understand that many people can be bought for $$$ or other things to post in a certain way.....so sad.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »

SunnyinTX, money talks, doesn't it?  It is sad that some people's moral compass is so off that they can be bought for a paltry price.  There were many.

Wreck, you knew some of them also, but you may not have known it.  My DH used to post with you and liked you.   I will tell you one day who it was.  You liked him too. Wink

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2006, 01:29:44 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Better butter than margarine.  Nothing good in margarine.  Quit buying it ages ago.

Eggs are not that bad either. I think all that cholesterol nonsense is just that.  You need some cholesterol for your brain to work.  
The more processed it is, the less nutritional value it has.  Off my little soapbox now.

Geez, I have got to get some work done.  It's nearly time to leave already!

COOL....that means that our very own BT' must be really smart and we need her BACK HERE ASAP!! I believe she said the other day her Cholesterol was over 400!! COME BACK BT......I miss your posts.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

Afternoon, Monkeys.

I see Sunny is serving up from the bar.  I thought she had skipped out on us.

Mrs. Red, I like those glass percolators also.  I broke my last one.  I have one of those French press thingies that we got years ago and one of my children who is not a regular coffee drinker always gets it out and makes coffee when here.

Hi Tyler!!!  Nope....NEVER gonna happen!!! Actually I hurt my arm early last week and since I am not a good typist with both hands I am even worse with one in a sling!!  SO I have been reading mostly!

I too love my french coffee  press!

Rest in Peace Caylee

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2006, 01:31:05 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Morning Monkeys.  I realize I am naive and generally believe that people are who they tell me they are.  I've always been upright and honest, as a person.  I really believe most of the people in this forum are, also.   Very Happy   Anyway, I read this article http://www.boingboing.net/2006/02/06/did_nvidia_hire_an_a.html and thought I would pass it along.  

It's made me think twice about some posters on this and other boards, and encouraged me to not react as quickly to inflammatory ideas or those I disagree with.  I have a tendency to respond too quickly sometimes when people offer ideas that are just "out there."  I need to stop, think, and respond rationally, or not at all.  Now that the judge's decision is due, we might find more "trolls," and we see people actually paid to promote certain points of view on the message boards.  Abhorrent to me as this is, it was an eye-opener to realize that it does occur.  Just passing along the ideas.

thanks for the link.....I have always believed this...but became positive when I saw some posters on Natalee related boards!! I can personally think of one person who I really liked and admired......who suddenly flipped over....I was shocked....but soon came to understand that many people can be bought for $$$ or other things to post in a certain way.....so sad.

Sunny, I was duped by these people, also, and took it personally at first.  Now I realize it's just their business...but what a business.  Totally unethical and slimey, to me, but perfectly legal, I suppose.  Some websites that have been pro-Joran (and anti-Holloway) have gone down recently, and I wonder if the finances have something to to with this.  In other words, were they paid to put up these sites and promote these ideas?  Now that the people who back them no longer see their benefit, they are off-line.  Very bad business, in my opinion.

BRING NATALEE HOME
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2006, 01:34:09 PM »

I still believe most people are who they say they are.  Those that have surprised me, I just ignore.  I assume that there are posters that have an incentive to post negatively on the case and I think most of those have seen that it didn't work.. Those that still post negatively are just mean and hateful people and the ones that had incentive are gone, it didn't work.  When someone says "let me be honest with you"  this gives me a red flag because I think why do you need to say that.. I'm kinda the last person to figure out someone motives but when I do, I just move on..
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »

I was telling Tyler by email that I really believe there are political struggles going on in Aruba of which we only see the tip of the iceburg.  I think the political situation there is precarious.  We've seen indications of it with Oduber's associations with Fidel Castro and Chavez, Venezuela's leader.  Venezuela would love to swallow up Aruba, and the Dutch should rightly be very afraid for their fortunes and their homes should that happen.  They would then be the illegals on their own island.  Chavez is rapidly turning Venezuela from a republic into a dictatorship and would like to get his hands on the Aruban refinery for his oil. He'd also like to get rid of the FOL we have on Aruba so he can run his drugs more readily and easily.  I think Chavez is promoting the political turmoil, and it's becoming an obvious struggle now.  Oduber has been given false promises, and the current climate of corruption feeds into Chavez's plans.  I really think the Netherlands and USA need to act soon, or the situation is going to get more difficult and more visible.  I'm sure Jossy is aware of what's happening and working for the best for Aruba, but he'll need some big help.

I agree! I went on a diatribe last week about this. This is much bigger than a simple murder case in Aruba. This cover-up is very high reaching and most likely involves Aruba's Soverignity with The Netherlands. I firmly believe that is why our State Department and FBI are treating this with kid gloves. Don't get me started!

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
I still believe most people are who they say they are.  Those that have surprised me, I just ignore.  I assume that there are posters that have an incentive to post negatively on the case and I think most of those have seen that it didn't work.. Those that still post negatively are just mean and hateful people and the ones that had incentive are gone, it didn't work.  When someone says "let me be honest with you"  this gives me a red flag because I think why do you need to say that.. I'm kinda the last person to figure out someone motives but when I do, I just move on..

Smart man.  I've found that when someone prefaces a comment with, "Trust me..." that I seldom find reason to trust.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2006, 01:37:38 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"

I agree! I went on a diatribe last week about this. This is much bigger than a simple murder case in Aruba. This cover-up is very high reaching and most likely involves Aruba's Soverignity with The Netherlands. I firmly believe that is why our State Department and FBI are treating this with kid gloves. Don't get me started!

Wreck, do you think this is what Charles Croes was referring to when he said, "This will have far reaching effects. God help us all."

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.