March 29, 2024, 07:18:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #482 6/28 - 6/29/2006  (Read 190567 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Plans for 4th:

Weather permitting, beach during the day...

Evening, back to my place with some friends.......

Can watch fireworks from my back yard.....

Everyone brings a dish, we eat, drink....and usually end up
by having a few cocktails and popping in Goodfell'as....

GOD BLESS AMERICA..... Laughing

I am packing right now!!! Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 10:59:58 AM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Plans for 4th:

Would love it!    Laughing

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 11:01:09 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

They outlawed personal fireworks here years ago.  I used to love to set them off but I was always prepared with a trash can full of water.  I would put each used firework in the trashcan to make sure it was out.  Now all we get are the big firework shows that several of the citys do.

I worked with a girl years ago and on one 4th her father cleaned up the fireworks and left them in a pile in a trash can.  What ever happened later on that evening it caught fire and the house went up and her parents and grandmother died in the fire.

Another year someone lit one of the jet star rockets and it landed in the gutter of my house.  When those rockets land sometimes they have fire coming from them and wouldn't you think the shingles on my house started to catch fire.  Thank god I was outside and my neighbors brother was over and hopped the fence and went on our patio roof where I handed him the hose.  If we weren't outside we would have never known what happened.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 11:01:17 AM »

Plans for 4th:

Me too...except my darling husnamd decided to let his entire staff take Monday off....and he is working....ggggrrrrrrrrr

Would love it!    Laughing

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 11:02:44 AM »

Quote from: "MominTN"
Quote from: "wreck"
LOL-- I watched a show about the history of coffee in the U.S. recently on "The History Channel." They said that "perculating" is the absolute WORSE thing you can do to coffee because the brewed coffee is continuously washed over the grounds again and again. They said this "practice" from the 50's really alterd Americans appreciation for good coffee.  Wink

I'm wondering how the French make coffee.  I remember it being strong but kind of rank.
The best coffee I've ever had was in Jamaica.  What do they use?

Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.  

Ya get what  ya brew.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2006, 11:03:40 AM »

Fortunately for me, the city sets off the best fireworks less than a mile from my house in a lovely park ampitheater after an evening of music.  So we won't have any risks with fire here.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2006, 11:03:49 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "klaasend"

They outlawed personal fireworks here years ago.  I used to love to set them off but I was always prepared with a trash can full of water.  I would put each used firework in the trashcan to make sure it was out.  Now all we get are the big firework shows that several of the citys do.

I worked with a girl years ago and on one 4th her father cleaned up the fireworks and left them in a pile in a trash can.  What ever happened later on that evening it caught fire and the house went up and her parents and grandmother died in the fire.

Another year someone lit one of the jet star rockets and it landed in the gutter of my house.  When those rockets land sometimes they have fire coming from them and wouldn't you think the shingles on my house started to catch fire.  Thank god I was outside and my neighbors brother was over and hopped the fence and went on our patio roof where I handed him the hose.  If we weren't outside we would have never known what happened.

thanks goodness you were out there....we live in Harris County where fireworks have not been banned....however we have a volunteer fire department only a 1/2 mile or so away...with a huge parking lot.....the firefighter supervise fireworks in the parking lot....so thank goodness no mishaps.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2006, 11:04:37 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "MominTN"
Quote from: "wreck"
LOL-- I watched a show about the history of coffee in the U.S. recently on "The History Channel." They said that "perculating" is the absolute WORSE thing you can do to coffee because the brewed coffee is continuously washed over the grounds again and again. They said this "practice" from the 50's really alterd Americans appreciation for good coffee.  Wink

I'm wondering how the French make coffee.  I remember it being strong but kind of rank.
The best coffee I've ever had was in Jamaica.  What do they use?

Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.  

Ya get what  ya brew.

Hi peaches....yep it's good stuff!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2006, 11:04:57 AM »

Best fireworks I saw ...years ago...
on a boat jersey side, but could see the Macy's display they have over the river........

Breathtaking........

But I like sparklers and roman candles too!   lol

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2006, 11:06:25 AM »

Mr. Mermaid - feed his huge love of fire and danger on the 4th.

The boys and their friends spend a good deal of take home pay on fireworks.

Mr Mermaid has a remote control airplane that he mounts rockets and roman candles on and flies around.

the town fireworks are awesome right across the canal.

We are super careful about hosing everything when we are done.

I usually sweep trash for an hour!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2006, 11:07:38 AM »

I have our routine to see the fireworks down pat.  We have the best seats and are probably the first people home after it's over.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2006, 11:07:53 AM »

Good morning friends...!   Smile

This is a very OT use of the forum, but I need to know your opinion...
do you tip someone who cuts down trees....cost is $1100

...you can beat me up later....thanks....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2006, 11:08:02 AM »

I read last night's posts.....and will refrain from commenting.....other than ldstlou posted this last night....THANK YOU lsstlou

Mrs Red,
I have never had the honor of speaking to you here at SM...could never get logged on to the old forum!! (computer illiterate!! haha) and feel priviledged to have been invited to the new forum. I have e-mailed Red in the past with my thoughts and obsevations...when I was unable to post...and was absolutely AMAZED!! that he always responded...in detail back, respected my input, and replied so quickly!! Just absolutely amazing to me!! The dedication that is put into this blog and Natalee's cause is beyond belief!! I have read from afar..before I "officially" became a member..and feel like I know so many people here!! The other person that just BLOWS me away is Klaas!! Just absolutely incredible to me!! Her knowledge!! her dedication..her wit...her intelligence!! You are just a group of people that are so above and beyond the norm!! You know...the thing that brings me comfort...probably brings so many people comfort...is that in a world that often seems so indifferent...here is a group I KNOW!!! would back me 110% if I ever..God forbid..I ever ran into a similar situation as the Twitty's and Holloway's...and who would fight the fight!! to find the answers!! You and Red and Klaas and Tom are such amazing people!! And you have done the impossible!! Drawn together people from all walks of life...from all over our country..the world!! together to fight a great fight!! Justice for Natalee!!
I imagine...as in life...it is very easy to take what you have done for granted..by some of the posters... you all just make it look so simple!! It does seem easy to take it all for granted!! But I just want to let you know...the e-mail I received explaining all that you guys did to get us back online...the travel..the hassles...the headaches!! That just brought it all home to me!! I mean...it is just INCREDIBLE!!!
And so Mrs Red...just want to take a moment and say THANK YOU!! You and your husband and Klaas and Tom...you all have given up any semblence of a "normal life" so we can have this place to come together and debate and share and "fight the good fight" You all are truely ANGELS!!! fighting the cause for our angel Natalee!! I can't even put into words what I feel for you and all the Monkeys...I need Easy right now to say it for me!! But you definately!!!! DEFINATELY!!! have every right to protest any disrespect towards your husband!! And although I don't know the politics here yet..I will trust your judgement on this one!! But I also know...this is the home of the most compassionate and caring people I have ever met in my life...and it will only take an apology...for you to welcome anyone right back in!!
Thanks you all!! You just REALLY inspire me!!
Lisa

I wasn't going to post anymore, but since Sunny has brought this up I have one thing to say.

Rob has never said anything bad about Red or Mrs. Red to me. I did not see anything Mrs. Red posted prior regarding Rob, and I was responding to his "hello" to me when I posted last night.

I respect Red, Mrs. Red, and Rob.

Enough said.

I Stand With The Girl
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"

I'm not sure but this is what I would do......

If it's the owner, nah I wouldn't tip him.
But if they are workers, yes I would slip them a little somethin somethin.

Don't know if that is proper or not, but that is my rule of thumb....

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2006, 11:10:58 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Mr. Mermaid - feed his huge love of fire and danger on the 4th.

The boys and their friends spend a good deal of take home pay on fireworks.

Mr Mermaid has a remote control airplane that he mounts rockets and roman candles on and flies around.

the town fireworks are awesome right across the canal.

We are super careful about hosing everything when we are done.

I usually sweep trash for an hour!

I bet that is a hoot!  We are always very careful about where we shoot off fireworks too.  Alot of the fireworks for the kids are the kind that don't go anywhere, just sparkle and whistle -

When I was a kid, my older brothers used to have bottle rocket fights - shooting them at each other (and me if I got in the way)  I look back at some of the things we did and wonder how we ever survived!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2006, 11:11:13 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"

Only if they did something extra that wasn't in the quote.  Or if it took alot longer than they expected.  I only pay around $100-150 per tree and make them remove everything.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2006, 11:11:54 AM »

Thanks Jacque....!   Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Sol Rosenberg
Scared Monkey

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2006, 11:13:26 AM »

Anyone seen Hotshot on the site lately?

- Sol
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2006, 11:13:37 AM »

I just can't see getting in an argument with anonymous posters.  Whatever happened with Rob and the Reds, that's their business.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2006, 11:14:52 AM »

Quote from: "Sol Rosenberg"
Anyone seen Hotshot on the site lately?

- Sol

Hotshot posted last night - welcome back Sol!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.