April 26, 2024, 02:30:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #482 6/28 - 6/29/2006  (Read 196236 times)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #860 on: June 29, 2006, 11:09:35 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"

There is also a post that says something to the effect that NYC is the landlord of the UN -- and that's part of the 'jurisdiction' test.

If this is true, John Kelly is one SMART attorney.

He may have picked the ONLY forum in the entire world that could legitimately hear the case due to all the treaties, etc.  Joran CANNOT take refuge behind the Hague or the UN if that is the case, because NYC would have jurisdictional powers over them in a way. LOL!

And Joran was an idiot for walking into the trap.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: June 29, 2006, 11:10:17 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
I am thinking this tomato gravy is not something you put over your macaroni...... Embarassed

Never heard of it.... Embarassed

Me either Jackie!  We must be too far north.   Laughing
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #862 on: June 29, 2006, 11:10:50 AM »

This was another VERY interesting post about the subject from a comment at Michelle's site.

This arm of the NY bar that has been formed to express opinions ..... basically says that Taco Joe is out of luck if he thinks that 'forum non conveniens' applies.

Anonymous said...
The New York City Bar Association don't support the Forum Non Conveniens. Here is the link, http://www.abcny.org/Publications/reports/index.php?type=subject
Tue May 16, 08:10:39 AM EDT

You are SO making my day!  Hope I have time to go read all this good stuff!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: June 29, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »

Mrs. Red - check your email please
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #864 on: June 29, 2006, 11:11:52 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
How are all our friends in the northeast doing?  I was watching the news coverage of the flooding and it looks devastating and some rivers would not crest until today.

Is everyone accounted for and doing okay?

Easy -- I just came back (yesterday) from a trip to Baltimore from Miami (for a family funeral).

Weather is very frightening at the moment. I am staying in touch with my family from Philadelphia up to Connecticut for status.

I was thinking of OSpainter who says they are from Baltimore -- has anyone heard from this poster?

I am heading to the Boston area in 2 weeks for a family wedding -- I'm hoping this craziness has settled down by then.

And then there is ALWAYS the craziness of summer weather in South Florida.

You can say that again neighbor! Wink

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: June 29, 2006, 11:16:22 AM »

Saw the footage of flooding on GMA - what a mess - Be careful and safe all NE Monkeys.

Hope the weather improves and you dry up that mess this weekend.

Not to mention get a chance to enjoy summer a bit! Wink

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #866 on: June 29, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
the last 3 cookbooks are gone....

thanks y'all!!

I have good ideas from time to time.  I knew you wouldn't have to plug the cookbook very hard to move them out......

My sister TOOK mine!  I have no cookbook.  Should have ordered more.

Well, if we do another one, can include some of the best from the first one maybe??  Or if I need a good recipe can ask in the lounge as somebody always has one.  Monkeys will always come through!

Cool

Should I make a few more??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: June 29, 2006, 11:18:07 AM »

Talk about flooding... I drove through New Orleans on my way to Houston and the downtown area looks like it is almost back to normal, except that you DO see a lot of construction trucks, contractors, etc. Out in the suburban areas though, there are STILL these trailers set up in many people's driveways that they are having to live in because of flood damage.

The consistent thing I heard from people was that "they" (whoever "they" are, insurance companies, FEMA, whatever) were concentrating on getting the downtown and business sector (including tourism... where have we heard THAT before?  Wink ) back up to speed... at the expense of fixing people's homes. More than one person said that to me. Any they were NOT happy about it.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: June 29, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »

Just a few more posts that I've saved about the Hague convention stuff.

Not trying to clutter the site -- but if this helps anyone research this topic, I want to provide the assist.

Peaches -- I have been wanting this to be true since I first found the posts. There is a part of me that says 'this is too simple'. And why have we not heard anything about it anywhere??

But, like many of us, I will continue to hold out hope for justice for Natalee. And I think JQK is much more experienced with civil proceedings than Tapioca.

I tried reading the 'Hague convention' stuff. Embarrassed to admit that I didn't really understand much of it -- or if it would apply in this instance (or if it was just wishful thinking).

Anonymous said...
It is very clear stated in Hague Convention that the New York City Supreme Court has the absolute subpoena power over all the civil cases related to all FNC over the world because New York City is the landlord of the United Nations' residence based on the Roman Stature. New York City is the only unique place in the world has that power, not even the White House in DC has that power. Please study the Hague Convention by-rules very carefully. United Nations is a Forum Non Conveniens to the Greater City of New York, so the Charter of United Nations pays tribute of civil jurisdiction to the Landlord who is the New York State Supreme Court. It is written in stone upon the Charter of United Nations.
Thu May 18, 10:59:51 PM EDT

Anonymous said...
It is a long haul. However, the Hague Convention allows the plaintiff to call witness while the advisement is in due process. The discoveries can be done in 3 to 4 weeks. But the monetary award by the Judge might take years for the decision depending the date of submital of the affidavit by the advisement panel.
Thu May 18, 02:42:14 AM EDT

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #869 on: June 29, 2006, 11:20:33 AM »

How are all our friends in the northeast doing?  I was watching the news coverage of the flooding and it looks devastating and some rivers would not crest until today.

No floods in Central/Coastal Maine so far with all this. Rain comes and goes, but mostly just wayyyy tooooo humid! I can take the heat and the sun, but this humidity sucks. I have naturally curly hair and I look like a poodle, lmao.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: June 29, 2006, 11:23:33 AM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"

No floods in Central/Coastal Maine so far with all this. Rain comes and goes, but mostly just wayyyy tooooo humid! I can take the heat and the sun, but this humidity sucks. I have naturally curly hair and I look like a poodle, lmao.

I get a Japanese Hair Straightner treatment every year.

Good bye curls! LOL

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #871 on: June 29, 2006, 11:24:05 AM »

Miniature?  Toy?  Or Standard?  

JK

Expect a miracle.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #872 on: June 29, 2006, 11:25:10 AM »

thanks y'all!!

I have good ideas from time to time.  I knew you wouldn't have to plug the cookbook very hard to move them out......

Well, if we do another one, can include some of the best from the first one maybe??  Or if I need a good recipe can ask in the lounge as somebody always has one.  Monkeys will always come through!

Cool

Mrs....would love to order another.....and Good Morning friends.... Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: June 29, 2006, 11:26:12 AM »

thanks y'all!!

Cool

Please do - I will pre order 2!

I am so sorry that I missed out!

Procrastinating Mermaid that I am!

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #874 on: June 29, 2006, 11:26:28 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

I get a Japanese Hair Straightner treatment every year.

Good bye curls! LOL

Doesnt' that cost an arm and a leg?  My daughter has wavy/curly hair and HATES it.  She wants me to take her to get it straightened.  And of course pay for it too.  How long does it last?

Expect a miracle.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #875 on: June 29, 2006, 11:26:44 AM »

Miniature?  Toy?  Or Standard?  

JK

Standard........because I am not as small as I used to be Smile)

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: June 29, 2006, 11:27:04 AM »

Mrs...sorry that I got myself into your post..... Embarassed

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: June 29, 2006, 11:28:01 AM »

Any of our Pap translators around this morning?  I would like to read the Diario article about this lying witness that has been getting three squares a day from Aruba for the past two months!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: June 29, 2006, 11:28:17 AM »

thanks y'all!!

Cool

Please ~ Please ~ Please  Very Happy  Very Happy
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: June 29, 2006, 11:28:42 AM »

OK -- I lied. One more post about the Hague convention because it sites some info that may help the legal minds research.

Also -- count me in for at least 1 of the cookbooks. Jacqui's posts make my mouth water. I need to see some of these recipes Very Happy

"Anonymous said...
Rule 23. 60-Day Rule. If 60 days have elapsed after a motion has been finally submitted or oral argument held, whichever was later, and no decision has been issued by the court, counsel for the movant shall send the court a letter alerting it to this fact with copies to all parties to the motion. While the advisement is in motion and past 60 days without returning an affidavit to the Judge, the Judge will not discourage the plaintiff from calling the defendants to the stand, if the defense have no shows, the defendants will have lost the civil case under the provisions of the Hague Convension. A default judgement follows.
Thu May 18, 05:37:19 PM EDT

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.