March 29, 2024, 02:13:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barbaro Euthanized  (Read 5265 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« on: January 29, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »

I am crushed. I was pulling for him, and hoping for a miracle.
At least Barbaro's suffering is over. What a great horse.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »

How very sad.  Crying or Very sad

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:29:56 PM »

I am crushed also.   I happened to turn on the race and I caught the accident and I actually cried.  I don't normally follow horse racing but for some reasons this captured my heart.  I so wanted him to recover and roam freely.  Hopefully he's grazing in the "higher pastures' now.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:19:23 PM »

i am sad too....but i don't think they should have tried to repair him....they were just thinking of stud fees...his injuries on any other horse and they would have put him out of his misery at the very beginning. Crying or Very sad
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 12:15:21 AM »

Well, I did cry after seeing his veterinarian almost lose his composure on  television while talking about him.  Just breaks my heart.  I am very sensitive about animals, though.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 02:20:19 PM »

Tribute to Barbaro ...

Barbaro, Kentucky Derby Winner Euthanized … A Horses Struggle Showed Our Humanity, Rest in Peace

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/30/barbaro-kentucky-derby-winner-euthanized-a-horses-struggle-showed-our-humanity-rest-in-peace/

How we face adversity, whether if we win or lose is how we are remembered.

Barbaro, the horse who reminded us what it meant to be human

Never has the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat been played out in horse racing as Barbaro’s eight month struggle to survive. It captured the hearts and minds of many who have never watched horse racing because it symbolized a greater picture. It was not Barbaro’s invincibility that captured people’s hearts, it was his vulnerability. People prayed for Barbaro to recover. Alas, the fight became too much to bear for both horse and humans Monday morning when Barbaro was humanely euthanized.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »

Just so terribly sad to see this champion's heart lose this battle

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »

Following today's Kentucky Derby, NBC is airing the Barbaro special.  I have had a lump in my throat throughout. (The special I believe was pre-empted by a hockey game a week or so ago)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:16:16 PM »

I want to add that Bob Costas was narrating...realized late in the show... puker

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 12:14:08 AM »

i watched it 2n....i bawled again! i did not realize that barbaro had broken thru the gate in a false start? nothing was ever said that maybe that is why the injury occured? just a thought i had while watching!

on a happier note....my oldest daughter and her boyfriend pitched in a $1.00 a piece and picked a trifecta for todays derby.....yep....they won....$222+...which they will split.  Cool
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 12:25:17 AM »

Quote from: "thecuz"
i watched it 2n....i bawled again! i did not realize that barbaro had broken thru the gate in a false start? nothing was ever said that maybe that is why the injury occured? just a thought i had while watching!

on a happier note....my oldest daughter and her boyfriend pitched in a $1.00 a piece and picked a trifecta for todays derby.....yep....they won....$222+...which they will split.  Cool

cuz, we're on the same page....I didn't remember him breaking the gate in the false start, either....same thoughts....

Glad your daughter & bf and had the trifecta....

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 04:29:20 AM »

Barbaro's vet is an inspiring man. I have a 15 year old daughter who wants to be a vet, and it takes years of hard work, schooling and dedication to become one. That guy is really the best of the best, and a fine example for her to follow.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 10:30:44 PM »

I have always thought that Barbaro's false start was done by another rival farm... the sound of a gun shot that made him do the false start...

to be honest, I just hate it when my heroes die... and Barbaro was a hero... horse or not, to me  - he was hero....

God bless and keep him in green pastures...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.