April 18, 2024, 03:48:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burn Baby Burn ... Hollywood Hills on Fire  (Read 2598 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: May 09, 2007, 12:11:19 AM »

We have enormous fires burning in Griffith Park that have spread more than quickly. Griffith Park is the largest urban park in the US. It is mountainous. We had no rain, everything is extra dry and crispy. First I heard the area near the LA Zoo and the Gene Autry Museum. They evacuated people from the zoo and I heard they are taking the animals away. Next I hear the fire is at the Greek Theater, a concert venue. Next I hear the Hollywood sign is burning and last the Mulholland Dam. I keep going outside to see if I can see or smell anything but I can't. There are beautiful homes up there, old money.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 06:52:04 PM »

That's a really dangerous fire Louise. I hope you are watching it carefully, and are prepared to leave if you need to. Take care!
I always hate to see historic structures burn. Nature can renew itself, but all that history is lost when the buildings are destroyed. And I hate to see people lose their homes and belongings too. It must be very traumatic for them.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 11:48:36 PM »

Thanks, pdh3.

The historic structures were saved: the observatory, the Hollywood sign, the zoo and the Greek Theater. I live three miles from the quarantine line and between that line and me is a cement city.

I drove across town to the west today, and coming back I saw the observatory and the Hollywood sign still standing. I cannot tell if the hills are burned or if they are just dried out and brown.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 04:07:29 AM »

Hi Louise, Keep safe!

Love, IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.