March 28, 2024, 02:38:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God Is Love  (Read 4855 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 22, 2006, 10:44:54 AM »

I thought long and hard before starting this thread because I didn't want to take a chance on offending anyone. However, I decided in the end to go ahead with it and ask in advance for forgiveness from anyone I might unintentionally offend. It's bound to sound kind of smarmy, but please read it knowing that I post it with the best of intentions.

I've spent many years collecting and reading books about why "bad things happen to good people." Below is a summary of what I've read.

(1)Many authors believe that reincarnation exists and that it does not conflict with Christian beliefs.
(2)The belief is that we reincarnate repeatedly in the same family groups. This means someone you lose in this life will also have another life as part of the same family as you.
(3)Before we come to earth, we choose the circumstances of our next life. We plan our life based on what our spirit needs to grow and mature. Sometimes a person leaves this life at what seems to be a tragically young age, but that leaving is part of that person's own plan.
(4)God is love. When we experience pain and loss in this life, it is not because God has deserted us. It's because God loves us enough to allow us to have the experiences that will help our spirit to grow.
(5)Each person is on his/her own path and is growing his/her spirit. Our job is simply to love each person as best we can and allow him/her that growth experience.
(6)God never deserts us. Even when we feel abandoned and don't understand why we are experiencing grief and pain, God will always be there to support us with love. When everything else seems to fail, know that you can always count on the love of God in your life.
(7)We can all be the instruments of God's love here on earth. The Bible says "judge not." And when asked about the most important commandment, Jesus said to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and your neighbor as yourself. He said that all the laws and the prophets hang on these two commandments.
(8)As various monkeys experiences differing hardships in their lives, we can all put aside our differences and disagreements and support them with our unconditional love.

Many of the books I've read say that we take away with us only two things from our lives on earth - the knowledge we have gained from our experiences and the love we have for others. Let's continue to express that love freely here in our online community

As Wayne Dyer says, "We are not human beings have a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." I am glad that each and every one of you has become a part of my human experience.

God bless Natalee and her family for bringing us together and giving us this opportunity to love and grow together. And God bless the Reds, Tom, and Klaas for giving us the place in which to have that experience.

I Stand With The Girl
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »

Thanks BT for this message. I don't venture to the lounge much, but the thread title really caught my eye. These are beautiful thoughts. Have you ever read "The Five People You'll Meet in Heaven?"

Bring Natalee home...
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Thanks BT for this message. I don't venture to the lounge much, but the thread title really caught my eye. These are beautiful thoughts. Have you ever read "The Five People You'll Meet in Heaven?"

No I haven't, Mishy. I've heard of it, though, and meant to read it. Thanks for reminding me! Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 10:15:26 PM »

I bought the book from Amazon and tried to read it but it was borning as hell. JMHO.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 12:47:37 AM »

BTGirl-

I meant to post back to you before now, life has just been pulling me in so many directions at times it's hard for me to focus lately.

Like you, I have read a good bit on faith and spirituality, the latter in my mind hinging more on humanity than our creator, and faith moreso attached to my religious beliefs.

When I was younger I can now see that although I thought I was truly committed to my faith, at times it wavered as I tried to make sense of the world. Now at this age my faith never wavers, something I might not have realized this fully, until our latest challenge.

I am less comfortable with some beliefs such as reincarnation, but very sure that much of what you posted is true. Life is to be a learning experience and we hopefully do learn find greater communion with God's plan as we do. I believe in a benevolent God, a God who loves all of the world's creatures, and who hopes to teach us to love first as well.

I'll think about this more over time, perhaps post more when I can think more clearly. Currently my heart and my faith feel so close to the surface, I know you understand.

I also feel certain now that a truly meaningful life is never without a measure of hardship and pain, but that God doesn't choose for us to suffer, only hopes that we grow from those experiences in our faith.

I continue to stand with the girl.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:54:22 AM »

None,

It is a testament to the strength of your faith that you are able to hang on to that faith in times as trying as those your family is currently experiencing. I admire you so much for that.

The reincarnation part of my post is what made me hesitate about posting. I know that many people find such ideas offensive and in conflict with their faith. That conflict doesn't exist for me, but I'm still trying out the idea. As someone we know said, "I'm inclined to beleive." Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »

BTGirl-

Actually I think it's good to question, isn't it the Hindu faith that truly vests in reincarnation? We need to remember it was that faith that produced Ghandi one of our greatest pacifists?

So many of our current problems could be resolved by having open minds to many religious beliefs, it's one reason I am so glad we have Louise on this board for I learn so much from her personal insights into the jewish faith.

If only the world could allow all of us globally to pursue our religious beliefs without rancor, or our faith, would we be at war today????

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.