April 30, 2024, 05:10:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katherine "Baby Kate" Phillips, 4 mo, missing 6/29/2011, Ludington, MI  (Read 44257 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 05:25:31 PM »

When I saw that picture of the father, he reminds me of Shawn Adkins re: Hailey Dunn!

I'm praying that baby Katherine is found safe. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 06:32:16 PM »

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59004-more-volunteers-needed-saturday-police-looking-for-tips
More volunteers needed Saturday; police looking for tips
July 2, 2011

Police are looking for more volunteers to help get the word out to shoppers at local businesses. Anyone available to volunteer is asked to come to the Ludington Police Department, 408 S. Harrison St., at 9 a.m. today.

Each volunteer will be provided with information and asked to go to businesses located on Ludington Ave. or U.S. 10.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 07:09:10 PM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 11:54:22 PM »

Police following leads
LDN Staff -

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday night press release:

The investigation into the whereabouts of 4 month old Katherine Phillips is continuing. Members of several Mason County fire departments, along with Mason County deputies and the Michigan State Police conducted a search of the railroad bed in between Brye Road and Meyers Road. A portion of the Millerton Road area was also rechecked.

<snipped>

Approximately 80 volunteers have taken flyers and have spoken to people entering various businesses along the Ludington Ave/US-10 corridor during the last three days.

We would like to thank the many area businesses for providing drinks for the investigators as they continue their work, and to the members of the community for their cooperation and assistance while every effort is made to bring Katherine home.

Chief Mark A. Barnett

Ludington Police Department

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-baby-kate-kidnapping-michigan-state-police-investigating-blood-found-near-suspects-home-in-baby-kate-kidnapping-20110705,0,4286799.story

::snipping2::
LUDDINGTON—
Searchers from the U.S. Forest Department Service found blood in the woods near the suspect's home in the baby Katherine Phillips kidnapping case. The woods are located off Millerton Road in Scottville, near Ludington where the baby was last seen.

Michigan State Police have an evidence technician on-scene taking samples of the blood. The technician has been on-scene for about an hour, and police have not said how soon they will have more information on the blood sampled.

ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 06:05:14 PM »

At least a bit of good news - still no baby though...

http://www.wzzm13.com/rss/article/171057/14/Blood-evidence-in-search-for-Baby-Kate-is-not-human

The family of Katherine Phillips confirmed tonight to WZZM that the substance believed to be blood, found in the woods near Sean Michael Phillips' home, was not human.  The Mason County Sheriff says tests of the blood from the crime lab also confirm it was not human.

MOMDET
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »

Thanks Cheeky for starting this thread.  I am sickened by the K.C. Anthony outcome and can no longer discuss or participate in any discussions about it.  It has really saddened me.  It's time everyone moves on and tries to help other children, since sadly there is no more we can do for Caylee!

I have caught several clips about this little girl, but details are kind of sketchy.  I heard this "alleged" father is in custody, however I would like to know what the details surrounding the baby being kidnapped are?  Do you know?
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59270-one-search-completed-another-planned?newsgroup_id=

Now they are finishing searching a golf course.  Planning another search tomorrow. 

How I hope this has a good resolution!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 06:28:27 PM »

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59282-ground-search-ends-for-in-baby-kate-abduction-investigation?newsgroup_id=
Ground search ends for in "Baby Kate" abduction investigation
Poilce have searched all areas they had received tips about.

Steve Begnoche - Managing Editor
July 16, 2011

Thirteen searchers led by Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett and Mason County Sheriff Jeff Fiers completed what, for now, is the final ground search in the case of the missing infant, Katherine Phillips.

At about 2:30 p.m. Saturday the searchers finished searching an area near Meyers Road south of the railroad tracks south of U.S. 10.

Nothing was found, Barnett said.
All the tips of sites for potential searches have now been checked out and answers to the whereabouts of the baby who would now be 5 months old have failed to turn up answers as to what happened to her.
Sean Phillips is being held in Mason County Jail on $500,000 bond on a charge of abduction.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the infant or of Sean Michael Phillips on June 29 is asked to contact Mason-Oceana 911 at 231-869-5858.

Persons wishing to provide information anonymously can call Silent ******* @ 888-STOPCRIME (888-786-7274). Anonymous information can also be provided at WWW.LSOTIP.COM or by texting “LSOTIP and your tip to 274637 (CRIMES).

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/18/911-call-released-in-baby-kate-disappearance/
911 Call Released In Baby Kate Disappearance
July 18, 2011

“The father of my child took our daughter and I don’t know where he’s at with her,” the mother of missing “Baby Kate” Phillips said in a 911 call made minutes after the girl’s abduction last month.

Ariel Courtland told a Mason County, Michigan dispatcher around 1:10 pm on June 29 that Sean Michael Phillips had just driven away with her 4-month-old daughter when he was supposed to be taking them for a paternity test to confirm that he was Kate’s father.

“He doesn’t want to pay child support for her,” Courtland said.

Phillips is the father of Courtland’s 3-year-old daughter. He was scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan with the National Guard in August.

He is now being held in Mason County Jail on a kidnapping charge. His bond is set at $500,000 and his next court date is scheduled for August 3.
Phillips was seen at a Wendy’s on US-10 soon after leaving Courtland’s home with Kate on June 29. Witnesses said he came into the restaurant alone. He was arrested at his parents’ house a few hours later. He has not told authorities where Kate is, but police say the clothes she was wearing when she was last seen have been found.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59343-272-tips-received-in-baby-kate-case?newsgroup_id=
272 tips received in baby Kate case
July 19, 2011

Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett said 272 tips have come in on the case involving missing infant Katherine “Kate” Phillips.

Tips came in stronger at first and have been coming in more slowly during the course of the investigation, which has spanned three weeks.
Sean Phillips, 21, of Scottville, is jailed on $500,000 bond on a kidnapping charge.

Barnett said investigators are continuing to follow up on any leads that come in, as well as to prepare for Sean’s preliminary hearing which was adjourned until Aug. 3.
A reward fund has been established for information related to the case. As of Monday afternoon $1,320 has been donated. Anyone wishing to donate toward the Silent ******* fund may send it to the Ludington & Scottville Area Chamber of Commerce, 5300 W. U.S. 10, Ludington, MI 49431. Include “Baby Katherine Reward Fund” on the memo line of the check.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 08:45:02 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/One-month-still-no-sign-of-Baby-Kate
One month - still no sign of Baby Kate
July 28, 2011

LUDINGTON, Mich. (WOOD) - One month after then 4-month-old Katherine Phillips went missing, her father, Sean Michael Phillips, remains quiet about where she might be.

Arrested and accused of kidnapping the baby, he sits in a jail awaiting his court hearing next week to determine if he'll stand trial for allegedly kidnapping her.
Though FBI agents, police officers and volunteers searched areas in and around Ludington, no one has found the girl.
More...
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 01:56:46 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/sean-phillips-preliminary-exam-080311
Baby Kate's mom testifies in Ludington
Sean Phillips charged with Baby Kate's kidnapping

August 3, 2011

LUDINGTON, Mich. (WOOD) - Wearing an orange jumpsuit and a bulletproof vest, Sean Phillips heard Ariel Courtland testify Wednesday that he wanted to abort and later have someone adopt her missing now-five-month-old daughter Kate.

Phillips is in court for a hearing to determine if there's enough evidence to send him to trial for kidnapping the girl.
Phillips allegedly took the child on June 29 after a heated argument with her mother at her home in Ludington. That was the last time anyone saw Kate.

Phillips has not been cooperating with police while in jail, refusing to say a word about what happened with the child. But the child's mother said he told her while he was in jail that the baby is alive.
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/08/ready_to_edit_mother_of_missin.html
Mother of missing Ludington baby testifies during court hearing; law enforcement officials to testify next
August 3, 2011

LUDINGTON — The mother of a 5-month-old Ludington baby missing since June 29 testified Wednesday that in the weeks before the baby allegedly was abducted by her father, he urged her to give the baby up for adoption.
Sean-Phillips.jpgSean Phillips

The preliminary examination of the alleged abductor, Sean Michael Phillips, began Wednesday morning and was to include testimony from law enforcement authorities who worked the case.
Courtland, questioned by Mason County Prosecutor Paul Spaniola and Phillips' attorney, Annette Smedley, essentially said in the weeks before the baby went missing, she and Phillips often argued about giving the child up for adoption.

While Courtland admitted that the two spoke about giving the child up for adoption, she said in the end, it wasn't what she wanted.

Smedley said Courtland continued to call Phillips, visit Phillips and even brought Phillips socks and money to the jail since he's incarcerated, trying to prove that Courtland was in agreement about the adoption and wanted it all along.

Courtland explained during cross examination that she visits Phillips, tells him she loves him and says anything to get him to talk about what he did with "Kate."

“I was trying to get on his good side,” she said.
Ariel Courtland.JPGAriel Courtland

The preliminary examination was continuing as of 1 p.m. The Chronicle will continue to update the story with new information.
Phillips was arrested a few hours later at his parents' home, 280 Millerton, in Victory Township about five miles north of Scottville, without the baby in his care. Phillips refuses to tell anyone what happened with the infant, but has told Courtland, when she visited him in jail, that the baby is alive, Courtland has said.

Phillips, charged with kidnapping and lodged in the Mason County Jail, has not cooperated with authorities. The couple has a 3½-year-old daughter, Haley Phillips.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 08:45:41 AM »

My heart is sinking -- I don't think this will turn out well.
Reminds me of Gabriel Johnson --

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »

NG is talking about this baby.
the baby's clothes that she had on that morning were found wadded up in the father's pockets...but no baby Kate.
they showed the father <<word used loosely...in court and he has cold eyes just like Casey's are..void of feeling...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »

the baby's clothes that she had on that morning were found wadded up in the father's pockets...but no baby Kate.
they showed the father <<word used loosely...in court and he has cold eyes just like Casey's are..void of feeling...
Cookie, it certainly is not looking good for finding this precious child.
The POS needs to be waterboarded IMO

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »

Cookie, it certainly is not looking good for finding this precious child.
The POS needs to be waterboarded IMO

agree!

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 11:13:21 PM »

OT and I'm sorry but I gotta say....

SISTER!  How nice to see you.  I've moved and getting home late and not on much but reading at work by Blackberry  only on a few sites.  Doing okay?  I'm sure you are tired of hearing that question but I just want you to know I've been praying for you and you are in my thoughts everyday.  We have a few missing Monkey's now.  I'm not very vocal about cases and definitely not too much smarts to add but I do care for everyone here and worry when I know there is illness, fam issues and just missing for no reason.  I know God doesn't care how we word our prayers but I think your words are so much more beautiful and expressive than mine!  Thank you for just being you!  In fact, thank you all!
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »

I have a couple questions/concerns on baby Kate's disappearance:

NG said mom's cell phone was in Dad's car when he took off.  Mom tells 911 operator that baby had been gone about 5 minutes before she called for help as she was calling Dad's cell phone.   I wonder what phone she used to call him?

I have read or heard several versions of what item she went back into the apartment to retrieve.........binky, keys, purse, so on.

I am praying hard for baby Kate and hope she was handed off to someone who is lovingly taking care of her...please, God.

Tol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.