April 16, 2024, 04:43:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony MURDER TRIAL- DAY 33 - 7/1 - 7/2/11  (Read 677589 times)
serenity/4thekids
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2020 on: July 02, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »

Morning Monkeys 

So how does everyone feel that the State did in their rebuttal case against Casey Anthony?

IMO, it was a powerful bringing together of some of the major points in this case and the GENTIVA folks were damning to Casey. We all thought that Cindy was lying on the stand; however, GENTIVA proved it. This evidence all but shows that it was Casey who made these searches.

In the end in reviewing all the testimony in this case, Jose Baez did not provide any evidence of what he claims he would in his opening statement. He did his client a major disservice, but what else was the defense going to do? What do you do when you have a guilty client ... lie some more.

Then Cindy makes matters worse and lies some more. UNREAL.

It would appear that it was George in the end that was the one who was not going to lie at Caylee's expense to the fact that are important in this case.

Your thoughts all?

Afternoon Red.........I think the state put on an amazing case, straight forward to the point.........I guess one of the main things I'm not sure the state drove home to the jury was the duct tape being put on before Caylee died which is part of the premeditation,the chloroform, Yea, I think they've proven that point but the confusion the jury might see with the duct tape and that being how the Anthony's buried pets AFTER death might make them think it was put on later albeit by Casey. I do hope that they get what an evil wench she was and that Casey planned this death months in advance per internet searches. I do wish they knew about the argument on the 15th of June though because I think Casey left in a huff and decided that was the day Caylee would die, I think she gave her the chloroform and taped her mouth to keep her muffled as she lay in the trunk of her car perhaps just riding around with her until she felt she was dead, then going back home and talking to Tony til 4 am, no one can say they saw her after Sunday night, I wanna know what time that was, why haven't we heard from Cindy when she claims the last time she saw her?....did she tuck her bed?.......kiss her good night? The only thing we know is she "assumed" Caylee was in her bed when Cindy left for work the next morning.

I do wish other things had come into evidence such as those party pics, those pics she posted on myspace and a few other things but I believe the state has a very strong case and has proven it without those things, especially after Cindy was proven to be a liar. JMO

Sorry, one more thing, I think it was Friday they had the investigator that was at the Anthony house taking pics when Caylee was first reported missing, identify pics on the stand as the ones she took to be put into evidence,these were pics of I assume Caylee's clothes that she said came out of the bottom dresser drawer of Caylee's room, does anyone know what this is about? The only thing I can think of was maybe more size 24 months clothes or perhaps the clothes that Casey and George said they last saw her in.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #2021 on: July 02, 2011, 02:38:15 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html

June 30, 2011
Casey Anthony Case, CSI

Dr. Michael Baden examines the forensic evidence that is key to the trial

thanks Blonde....but I would not waste my time listening to him......we are fixing to take off for the day...taking our canine kids for a ride in the country!!
I know he swings both ways 

I went back after the PS trial and looked at a few cases Baden was hired as liar for hire and found his ludicrous opinions in those going back yrs......he sold his soul so long ago, so he and his wife are a perfect pair .........a pair of SCUMBAGS and that is being kind!

I didn't realize this Brailsford case was in 91, so Baden has been a sellout for 20 yrs at least...

I was trying to find this info ......here it is from the book, Baden testified  (and he stated that the lack of abrasion marks  on her ankles proved she was dead before she hit the water, but again there was NOTHING left of her leg but bone) the jury actually laughed about this when questioned after the trial since first Baden was using a photograph to make any and all determinations and secondly the tissue he spoke of was NO LONGER PRESENT......theory was the crabs and fish fed on her body before she was found on a tip of a witch (remember this was in Salem Mass) . This book is a must read IMO as it also reminded me somewhat of what could have happened to Natalee Holloway. A SCREAM ON THE WATER is the book if anyone is interested. If you want to see the relevant parts to Dr M Baden, go here http://www.amazon.com/Scream-Water-Story-Murder-Salem/dp/0312962991#reader_0312962991

then go to the LOOK INSIDE and then type Baden in the search function....

I also know the witch aspect sounds crazy but when you read this book, you will understand how specific she was and I feel if the LE hadn't gone to her, that Marth Brailsford would have never been found. She told LE they were wasting their time searching for Martha in Glouchester Harbor and that Martha's body was weighed down on the ocean floor behind an  Island off of Marblehead. While LE was on the phone with the witch a lobsterman was hauling in his traps behind Cat Island off of Marblehead, and as he pulled in the trawl lines he made a grisly discovery of a skelotonized body caught in his trap by an anchor tied to Martha's leg with a diving belt tied to her waist, and she was naked.

All of that is in both the book I referenced and this one:

http://books.google.com/books?id=O10rxQeYPIkC&pg=PA271&lpg=PA271&dq=laurie+cabot+%2B+martha+brailsford&source=bl&ots=0uR8HScKOh&sig=E_2afpdOt_CSoIpnZyM055JlIlQ&hl=en&ei=-mIPToDCFdSEtgf4r7DZDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=laurie%20cabot%20%2B%20martha%20brailsford&f=false

Page 271

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2022 on: July 02, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »

Here is another older article for you Janet. 
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-death-penalty-20100815,0,6307759,full.story

::snipping2::

Terry Lenamon once worked for Anthony's defense team and is a veteran of at least eight death-penalty cases and 20 other first-degree-murder cases. He agrees Anthony shouldn't be facing a potential death sentence. Rather, he said, the defense should have reached a plea agreement earlier in the case.

Recent court documents submitted by the defense suggest that very early on, Anthony was offered a 10-year prison sentence in exchange for telling authorities where Caylee's remains were located. True or not, no deal ever emerged. Baez would not discuss the issue.

Now, Lenamon insists, "This is never going to reach death. It's just not going to happen," despite the politics, personalities and media attention surrounding the case.

The prosecution, however, has maintained since soon after Caylee's remains were found near her family home in late 2008 that "sufficient aggravating circumstances exist to justify the imposition of the Death Penalty" if Anthony is found guilty, according to court documents.

::snipping2::

Thanks again trimmonthelake

Could it be that even at this late date ... anticipating a possible guilty verdict ... the defence will request a plea deal in an attempt to convince the State to take the death penalty off the table?

Could it be the even at this late date ... the State may question whether it was able to effectively convey to the jury the case against Casey Anthony and ... will offer the defence a plea dea?

The judge outlined what would take place on Sunday.

1.  State's arguments.
2.  Defence's arguments.
3.  State's rebuttal
4.  Jury deliverations.

Could it be that the day's events will not unfold as expected?  Could there be another recess?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2023 on: July 02, 2011, 03:09:45 PM »

Hi monkeys. Hope you're having a good weekend.

I drove home with my hubby to see our family. My niece is here... she is the same age, almost exactly, as Caylee was when she died.

Watching her, I don't understand how anyone could take the life of something so innocent and beautiful... especially the child's own mother.

She is also incapable of opening the sliding glass door by herself. She needs help to do it. Just something I noticed while watching her interact with her grandpa.

Justice for Caylee!

an angelic monkey

I don't think Caylee could have opened that door herself either.

Vinnie Politan had Rob Dick on of the shows yesterday and they discussed the picture of Caylee appearing to open the sliding glass door.  Rob said that Tracy (the babysitter of Casey while she was out on bond) told them and detectives that the sliding glass door was left open (like in the picture) for the dogs to go in and out.  She said that she often went out to smoke and that the door was hard to open, and there's no way Caylee could have done that herself.

Sharing that from memory, I've been looking for a video or transcript...if I find one I'll post it.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2024 on: July 02, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »

Morning Monkeys 

So how does everyone feel that the State did in their rebuttal case against Casey Anthony?

IMO, it was a powerful bringing together of some of the major points in this case and the GENTIVA folks were damning to Casey. We all thought that Cindy was lying on the stand; however, GENTIVA proved it. This evidence all but shows that it was Casey who made these searches.

In the end in reviewing all the testimony in this case, Jose Baez did not provide any evidence of what he claims he would in his opening statement. He did his client a major disservice, but what else was the defense going to do? What do you do when you have a guilty client ... lie some more.

Then Cindy makes matters worse and lies some more. UNREAL.

It would appear that it was George in the end that was the one who was not going to lie at Caylee's expense to the fact that are important in this case.

Your thoughts all?

I think the state did a great job in proving that Cindy lied about making those searches, and I think when they start weighing the evidence they will likely see how important those searches were.  There is an IT guy on the jury, and if no one else recalls the fact that those related searches were the only ones that someone (CASEY) deliberately deleted...he will.  Hopefully if someone else doesn't make the point to the other jurors, he will.  Casey didn't think those searches would be recoverable.  It's painfully obvious that even from the time of Cindy's deposition, the plan was in place with Baez and the DT for Cindy to lie about making those searches.  None of the things Cindy claimed to be searching for on that computer in her deposition(s) or on the witness stand were found at all.  The lie Cindy told on the stand was studied, planned, and practiced for a long time...remember all the detail involved in the lie.  All in an effort to erase PREMEDITATION.

All the BS about the pool, was just that...BS.  There was no call to George, there was no chlorine in wet clothing to cause the ridiculous amount of chloroform detected in the trunk.  Just one more lie to distract from the truth.  There was no drowning.  Did the Baden's insist that the DT have Caylee's bone marrow tested for the diatoms that would be found in a drowning victim?  Seems to me that could have been the evidence that would have prevented a trial for First Degree Premeditated Murder for Casey Anthony.  Didn't happen.  As Dr. G stated, this was a homicide.  No reason not to call 911 if this was an accident, no reason to triple bag and dump a child like trash that has accidentally drowned, and certainly no reason to ever find duct tape anywhere on that child's face.

George, regardless of his standing as a "man" in that household had watched the downward spiral of his daughter while her mother kept him from "being negative" and allowed it.  I think once he came to the realization that Casey deliberately killed Caylee to punish them all, and after learning of Casey's plans for their home (without he and Cindy) that maybe he knew in his heart that Caylee wasn't the only one Casey planned on killing. No matter how much George loves Casey, he knew there was no accident and was not going to lie to bring the murderer home.  He knew that was the human decomposition of his precious granddaughter that he smelled in the trunk.  Lee knows what his sister did, and may have been planning to do too.  That's why they were thrown under the bus and accused of things...that regardless of the total lack of evidence presented to back up those accusations...will follow them for the rest of their lives.  After all, that's how a "spiteful bitch" works. 

jmo

I agree, TM.   I also liked the forensic anthropoligist (Dr. Warren?) who totally
shot down Spitz's testimony that Dr. G did a shoddy autopsy.
The state covered everything in their rebuttal that could have caused any doubt
in a juror's mind.  JMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2025 on: July 02, 2011, 03:27:56 PM »

Q...did the state and dt get together to write up that statement about why dr.Rod did not testify?  I never heard any more about that.
tyia

It was mentioned again either yesterday or the day before, but as far as I know the jury has been given no instruction about him yet.

I've been waiting...impatiently.

I noticed that some of Dr. Rodriguez's testimony was replayed on HLN last night too.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2026 on: July 02, 2011, 03:34:28 PM »

My elderly aunt from Georgia called me last night to talk about the trial. I had no idea she had been watching it or knew anything about it because it had never been brought up before. She lives in assisted living and I guess she has a lot of time on her hands. She knew nothing about it until the trial, so she really would be a good indication of what the jury sees. The first thing she commented on was KC's eyes. She said she immediately saw them as the eyes of evil. She said the 31 days told her KC did it and she was disappointed that we many never find out how or why. She thinks KC killed her the night of the 15th and that George lied about seeing them the next morning because she didn't believe that KC ever came back to that house until the gas can ordeal with her father. She DOES NOT believe for a minute that she drown or that the grandfather had anything to do with it. She said she questioned that until the suicide letter because she could tell George was lying at times in his testimony. She is still not sure about how the chloroform fits in except that KC had evidently been using it for a long time while going out to party. She thinks KC either choked Caylee or broke her neck shaking her for crying for Cindy. She said she thought KC had planned to kill someone and maybe it was not the baby, but she definitely had plans in motion. (she would not know anything we know about Amy moving into their house)She said she really feels like it was violence by KC that killed her. She said the lawyer for KC was a pitiful excuse for a lawyer and should never be allowed to defend anyone like this again because he always appeared unprepared for the court. She does not believe KC should get the DP, not because she does not deserve it, but because she feels it would be "too good for her." She feels that having to live in a prison for the rest of her life would be a better punishment. (this is the aunt whose brother was the warden of a Georgia State Prison)

Thanks Turbo!   

karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2027 on: July 02, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »

As powerful as the states rebuttal was I believe their closing will really seal it.  Baez will come across as he is, a sleazy ambulance chaser trying to sway the jury with smoke and mirrors.  The difference in skill and professionalism between the two sides is astronomical.  I would love to see Baez lose his license and Cindy get arrested.

Magical thinking on your part Don?   Monkey Devil!
But I agree that would put the icing on the cake for all of us.
karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2028 on: July 02, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »

Does anyone know if Casey will get solitary confinement when she goes to prison and will she get it the whole time she's in prison? That's a very lonely place to be. I can't imagine how someone could stand it w/o going crazy! 

You would go crazy, I would go crazy. She is in solitary confinement in her mind all the time. Won't bother her imo.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2029 on: July 02, 2011, 03:43:30 PM »

I drove home with my hubby to see our family. My niece is here... she is the same age, almost exactly, as Caylee was when she died.

Watching her, I don't understand how anyone could take the life of something so innocent and beautiful... especially the child's own mother.

She is also incapable of opening the sliding glass door by herself. She needs help to do it. Just something I noticed while watching her interact with her grandpa.

Justice for Caylee!

an angelic monkey

Vinnie Politan had Rob Dick on of the shows yesterday and they discussed the picture of Caylee appearing to open the sliding glass door.  Rob said that Tracy (the babysitter of Casey while she was out on bond) told them and detectives that the sliding glass door was left open (like in the picture) for the dogs to go in and out.  She said that she often went out to smoke and that the door was hard to open, and there's no way Caylee could have done that herself.

Sharing that from memory, I've been looking for a video or transcript...if I find one I'll post it.

Pella sliding doors have a two little stop plates on the bottom.  If activated the door can be opened only about 4 inches.
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2030 on: July 02, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »

Justice for Caylee!

an angelic monkey

I was saying "NO WAY" could Caylee open that door.  Then the picture came out and since I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter I caught her at our sliding door (it goes to our sunroom & yes we have our whole house baby proofed) so I grabbed my camera.  I wanted to do a side by side pic of my daughter & the pic of Caylee.  Well, guess what?  Yep, as I posted before, my 2 1/2 year old opened the door all by herself!  She's done it every night now for a week.  We put our cats in the sunroom so we can eat dinner in peace and afterwards she lets them back in.  So, my 2 1/2 year old proved me wrong she CAN open the sliders - I believe Caylee at almost 3 could too.   sorry - I was a non believer too - actually adamant that she couldn't until my little munchkin did!
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2031 on: July 02, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »

As powerful as the states rebuttal was I believe their closing will really seal it.  Baez will come across as he is, a sleazy ambulance chaser trying to sway the jury with smoke and mirrors.  The difference in skill and professionalism between the two sides is astronomical.  I would love to see Baez lose his license and Cindy get arrested.

Wouldn't take be the cats meow.......

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2032 on: July 02, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »

yep, me too. 
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2033 on: July 02, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

You know I am SO sick of everyone in the media saying any mom would lie for their daughter.  You know they're forgetting the person the daughter took from this world was her GRANDDAUGHTER.  Maybe if it was some stranger and she didn't have ties to them (still don't think it's right but hey I'll go with it)  but this is a little girl that it sounds like she adored.  I could see not going the extra mile for the state but outright lying - was like spitting on Caylee's grave.  I look at my precious angel and thank GOD every night that he gave her to me and not some monster like ICA.  How anyone can harm a child, let alone "their" child is beyond me.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2034 on: July 02, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2035 on: July 02, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »

by Radar Staff

After six weeks of high drama and intense accusations, Casey Anthony's murder trial is finally coming to an end, with closing arguments set to begin on Sunday.

::MonkeyEek::RadarOnline.com will livestream what will surely be one of the most compelling days in the case.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/casey-anthony-closing-arguments

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME:  I just wonder how many other parents or guardians are placing children in car trunks? 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2036 on: July 02, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »

My elderly aunt from Georgia called me last night to talk about the trial. I had no idea she had been watching it or knew anything about it because it had never been brought up before. She lives in assisted living and I guess she has a lot of time on her hands. She knew nothing about it until the trial, so she really would be a good indication of what the jury sees. The first thing she commented on was KC's eyes. She said she immediately saw them as the eyes of evil. She said the 31 days told her KC did it and she was disappointed that we many never find out how or why. She thinks KC killed her the night of the 15th and that George lied about seeing them the next morning because she didn't believe that KC ever came back to that house until the gas can ordeal with her father. She DOES NOT believe for a minute that she drown or that the grandfather had anything to do with it. She said she questioned that until the suicide letter because she could tell George was lying at times in his testimony. She is still not sure about how the chloroform fits in except that KC had evidently been using it for a long time while going out to party. She thinks KC either choked Caylee or broke her neck shaking her for crying for Cindy. She said she thought KC had planned to kill someone and maybe it was not the baby, but she definitely had plans in motion. (she would not know anything we know about Amy moving into their house)She said she really feels like it was violence by KC that killed her. She said the lawyer for KC was a pitiful excuse for a lawyer and should never be allowed to defend anyone like this again because he always appeared unprepared for the court. She does not believe KC should get the DP, not because she does not deserve it, but because she feels it would be "too good for her." She feels that having to live in a prison for the rest of her life would be a better punishment. (this is the aunt whose brother was the warden of a Georgia State Prison)

Thanks Turbo!   
That's good.  She summed it up  exactly.  The thing is about Casey living out the rest of her life in prison is that she would do just fine there, like she is now.  I think she is happy about not having Cindy barking at her constantly and with no responsibility now with Caylee she is living her life.  Once she's in prison she'll probably have more things to do living amongst the inmates.  Plus, they have male guards there who she'll flirt with and who knows they can go off into secret places together, just as it was reported Susan Smith was caught with some male guards.  That's gonna be Casey's beautiful life.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2037 on: July 02, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »

Thanks Turbo!   
thanks turbo
Your aunt is awesome! my elderly mom has been watching it also. She thinks it was intentional and says kc is evil and deserves life... She detests baez and thinks he will be disbarred.. lets hope!!

Loca
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2038 on: July 02, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »

I think this was the only testimony Cindy told the truth on. My hair was longer at one time

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2039 on: July 02, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »

One of the beauties of this prosecutorial team was that they presented the facts in a calm, logical, and rational way.  The Defense, on the other hand, plied upon the jurors' emotions, ranging from hoped-for-sympathy for the defendant to attempting to destroy witnesses' reputations.   I am hoping that the jury was eventually able to focus on the facts after the initial shock of the carnival barker technique of the Defense eventually wore off.   Baez's repeated difiance of the Court also was a turn off, I am thinking.
I wonder if Bozo will be looking at the jury...smirking and bobbing his head up and down like he did the whole trial when they read the guilty verdict! 

He'll prolly do something absurd & ignorant such as yelling out:   "I object, Judge!"    ... not even saying ... "Your Honor!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.