March 29, 2024, 05:04:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onion Farmers-Obama's next WPA by stealth?  (Read 2416 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »

I saw a report on TV yesterday about how the Obama administration is sending out so many regulations.  They featured the story of an onion farmer and some of the ridiculous new requirements.  Apparently, the new regulations come in four binders that looked to be about 4-5 inches think.  All this to grow onions.

Any chance the onions grown in Mexico and elsewhere follow the same rules?  I don't think so.

The man had 16,000 acres in production.  One regulation will require him to install a chain link fence around all fields.  For 16,000 acres...

Why?  Security? 

If that half-a$$ border fence isn't working, why would anyone think a chain link fence around a farmers field will make things better?  Who are they trying to keep out?  Trucks dumping stuff?  Seems to me they just drive over the fence.  People?

Why doesn't Obama work on the border fence first?  Make the rest of America safe from known security problems like illegal aliens, human trafficking, drugs...

Maybe the new chain link fence is the Obama admins. idea of a public sector stimulus paid for by farmers and consumers?  Government regulation that increases cost is a tax.

Do they stay up late thinking of ways to suck America dry?  Maybe this is the next jobs non-jobs bill project?  Jobs for illegal aliens, and jobs for foreign workers making fence?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:23 AM »

Security tightens for onion production

SALEM, N.M. - Walk through the office door and be prepared to sign in on a clip board. And don't forget the security badge.

Rather, it's an onion-packing and shipping shed in Salem, about 40 miles north of Las Cruces...

It's a process that over the past decade has taken a turn toward tighter security, as increasing scrutiny is placed on the safety of the nation's food supply.

At Chile River Corp. in Salem, co-owner Shayne Franzoy said he reduced numbers of workers, from about 80 last year to 25 this year. He bought a piece of machinery that handles the bagging of onions, instead.

read more here - http:/**/las_cruces-news/ci_18313009

Somehow, firing workers and adding machines is going to increase jobs?

Are these jobs that Americans don't want to do?  Great.   Why do we need amnesty or work permits if more agricultural jobs are going away?

How many people get sick and die from food every year?  I would imagine, just a guess here, but I think it's probably less than Eric Holder finds with statistical discrimination at Coke. 

Millions of people eat food and live every day. 

Thousands of folks have died along the border, their bodies left in mass graves...

Yet Obama chooses to fence in farm fields and cut jobs.

Only in Obama's America...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.