April 18, 2024, 07:52:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #613 5/4 - 5/5/2007  (Read 156704 times)
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2007, 09:36:12 PM »

Sleuth,i said whAt I meant,for a reason.who would talk in that case.would anita suddenly become verbose and find veracity.i like the pictures,all you need is the music,I feel pretty.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2007, 09:36:21 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
My earlier question came from a deep feeling of frustration about everything that has gone on thus far.  It is obvious to most people that have followed the case what happened that night and who was involved, but what would it take at this point in time to bring charges?

Does circumstantial evidence carry no weight in their system?  Was Paulus Van Der Sloot absolutely correct in his first assessment?  Do we all need to give our in-laws one way tickets to Aruba?

Easy - I don't know the ins and outs of the Dutch legal system, but surely enough circumstantial evidence would carry some weight. It can't be true that without a body there is no case.

I really do not think it is important to fully understand the Dutch legal system as what they practice in Aruba bears stuff all resemblance to anything like it.

Laughing  Laughing Or a resemblance to any legal system in the known universe, the best I can tell.

I Stand With The Girl
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »

the dutch have a system of guilty,until proven innocent,in theory
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2007, 09:38:11 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
My earlier question came from a deep feeling of frustration about everything that has gone on thus far.  It is obvious to most people that have followed the case what happened that night and who was involved, but what would it take at this point in time to bring charges?

Does circumstantial evidence carry no weight in their system?  Was Paulus Van Der Sloot absolutely correct in his first assessment?  Do we all need to give our in-laws one way tickets to Aruba?

Easy - I don't know the ins and outs of the Dutch legal system, but surely enough circumstantial evidence would carry some weight. It can't be true that without a body there is no case.

I really do not think it is important to fully understand the Dutch legal system as what they practice in Aruba bears stuff all resemblance to anything like it.

Laughing  Laughing Or a resemblance to any legal system in the known universe, the best I can tell.

Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
Sleuth,i said whAt I meant,for a reason.who would talk in that case.would anita suddenly become verbose and find veracity.i like the pictures,all you need is the music,I feel pretty.

I understand...at first I thought you were talking about a different Sebastien.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel stunning
And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing for joy,
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy!

I Stand With The Girl
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Klass,

What is this? I mean what was the original pic like and what was she really doing?  Shocked  Laughing

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"

Now I'll look for Paris in her prison garb Laughing

Laughing

She even has prison tattoos already, lol

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »

Doing a little homework tonight and I found this definition interesting.

Circumstantial evidence is best explained by saying what it is not - it is not direct evidence from a witness who saw or heard something. Circumstantial evidence is a fact that can be used to infer another fact.

Indirect evidence that implies something occurred but doesn't directly prove it; proof of one or more facts from which one can find another fact; proof of a chain of facts and circumstances indicating that the person is either guilty or not guilty.

(Note: Eyewitness accounts (direct evidence) have proven to be most unreliable.)

In my opinion, the circumstantial evidence in the Natalee Holloway case is so abundant that it is spilling across international borders!  The “no body; no case” concept is archaic and beckons membrance of Don Quixote’ squaring off with windmills.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

Quote from: "vms"

Klass,

What is this? I mean what was the original pic like and what was she really doing?  Shocked  Laughing

kicking K2 under the bus Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »

Hello Monkeys.

Great news about TerryD and other good stories of people beating the dreaded Big C.  Congratulations to them all.  Positive attitudes and lots of loving support helps immensely.

See some monkeys feel invisible.  Reminds me of that ancient TV show "The Invisible Man" where the guy spent the whole time wrapped in bandages so he could be seen.   No, I am not THAT old, just that it took so long for TV to reach our little corner of Australia that we had to watch re-runs of all the shows that had been put in the archive vault years before.

Talking of Aust I have been compiling some behind the scenes stuff on the new Nicole Kidman movie.  Check out my thread tomorrow movie lovers.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2007, 09:43:39 PM »

Klass,

Original pic

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2007, 09:43:55 PM »

Klaasend -  Laughing

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"

Now I'll look for Paris in her prison garb Laughing

Laughing

She even has prison tattoos already, lol

Now, that's HOT!  Cool
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:52 PM »

Doing a little homework tonight and I found this definition interesting.

Circumstantial evidence is best explained by saying what it is not - it is not direct evidence from a witness who saw or heard something. Circumstantial evidence is a fact that can be used to infer another fact.

Indirect evidence that implies something occurred but doesn't directly prove it; proof of one or more facts from which one can find another fact; proof of a chain of facts and circumstances indicating that the person is either guilty or not guilty.

(Note: Eyewitness accounts (direct evidence) have proven to be most unreliable.)

In my opinion, the circumstantial evidence in the Natalee Holloway case is so abundant that it is spilling across international borders!  The “no body; no case” concept is archaic and beckons membrance of Don Quixote’ squaring off with windmills.

I agree, the circumstantial evidence is plain as the nose on your face.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:53 PM »

That original pic looks like it belongs in a caption contest.

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2007, 09:45:35 PM »

Klass,

Original pic

What the heck?   Laughing

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2007, 09:47:09 PM »

O/T NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Paris Hilton … “The Prison Life” … Sentenced to 45 Days in Jail

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/05/04/paris-hilton-the-prison-life-sentenced-to-45-days-in-jail/
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2007, 09:47:35 PM »

she would talk,but would i have to look at her.paris has a real severe learning dis.,she can't tell right and left apart.it showed in a movie she made and her boyfriend had to keep telling her which leg or arm to move.i did watch the movie,i heard about it
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2007, 09:47:54 PM »

VMS - I have no idea what she was doing or why
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.