April 25, 2024, 10:09:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Casey Anthony guilty or not guilty of,  First-degree murder, Aggravated child abuse, Aggravated manslaughter of a child, 4 counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer  (Voting closed: July 05, 2011, 08:34:21 AM)
Guilty All - 196 (95.1%)
Not Guity All - 1 (0.5%)
Guilty Agrivated Manslaughter Only - 5 (2.4%)
Guilty of Providing False Information - 1 (0.5%)
I have no idea - 3 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 205

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - MURDER TRIAL - Deliberations and VERDICT - 7/4 - 7/5/2011  (Read 1307874 times)
Walter819
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4160 on: July 05, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »

Notice how he kept saying WE THOUGHT, WE WEREN"T CONVINCED, etc.
He never deliberated with the other jurors.   He was an alternate, who was
seperated from the others at the end of closing statements.

Wreck has been pointing this out.

your're right - I didn't catch it before, but you're right WE WE WE
and they are not suppose to talk about the case

Did JP or any official ever instruct the 12 jury members and two alternates together as a group outside of the courtroom setting at any time throughout the trial?

It appears that there was some influence which directed this jury as well as the two alternates to consider ONLY the defence's closing arguments in regards to reasonable doubt.

Janet

What if they found the jurors broke the law did talk, were bribed, or paid, didn't care ect. Then what? Has that happened after a verdict? What could be done?

Great question......
Mistrial I would think......
Anyone know??????

Every time the jury entered the court room, Judge Perry always asked them, "Have you compiled with my admonition no to talk about this case?"

Every time the jury answered, "Yes."

The decision in this, I should think, could be reversed.

could someone get this to the powers that be

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
marycat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4161 on: July 05, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »

Anyone have the video of Cheney Mason talking CRAP about all the Ants, Casey, Baez, etc before he signed up for the case?

Oh I found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2G0OszXEk&feature=youtu.be

What a hypocrite!!!

"I hope this is a lesson to those of you having indulged in media assassination for three years," thundered defense attorney J. Cheney Mason in a statement to reporters, blasting some lawyers for "getting on television and talking about cases they don't know a damn thing about." Hmmm

BBM

I thought he was talking about his buddy Baez. LOL
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4162 on: July 05, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

I have been wondering what I was going to say and have yet to been able to post on it.

I am at a loss for words. I pray for Caylee and she is in all of our thoughts and prayers. I am saddened by the 12 jurors and their cluelessness and unwilling to believe the facts of this case. It disgusts me. I honestly believe that we must have professional juries, jury of peers does not work.

I will also say this ... I am suspect of this jury and want to know how in hell 12 people could find this baby killer not guilty in 10 hrs. These people just wanted out. I am saddened that the jury was so ignorant and could not comprehend the evidence. UNREAL. These people like the line from Titanic, will be waiting for a salvation that will never come.

I would ask that people do not make threats. I honestly think that Casey and the Anthony's are going to live a living hell the rest of their lives.

Thank you stupid jury ... Casey Anthony made $300K by killing her kid and you just made her a millionare.

Please know Caylee, you are in my thoughts tonight. I would ask all Monkeys tonight to give your children and grandchildren a hug tonight in honor of Caylee. Its the least we could do.

I am speechless.

I've been in shock all afternoon too.  I hoped I'd never feel the way I felt after the O.J. verdict again, but here I am.  And I think it's worse this time, mainly because Caylee was just a baby with her whole life in front of her.  

Jose Baez lied again, Caylee didn't pass on...she was murdered by her mother; and he never worried one second about...much less dedicated himself to Justice for Caylee.  For him to even utter those words is disgusting beyond belief.  He has no right to EVER speak about Justice for Caylee.  Maybe the lowlife circus show he put on in the court room appealed to the jury...I don't know...if it did I think that gives us a good idea of just what that jury was made up of.  

I find it so hard to believe that there wasn't even ONE out of the twelve that didn't see through the smoke and mirrors and stand up for truth.  I keep thinking about the rumor earlier this morning about a juror...number 5 iirc...going to hang the jury.  How did anyone know that?  I have to wonder if there was any truth to it, and if so how it got out.  

There's so many things I'm mad about right now.  When I think of everything that happened in that court room I just get furious.  For a jury that took few notes, the dragging out and delays (full day of pig science project drawlings) and more that the defense caused while presenting their side; they probably forgot most of what they'd seen during the precision presentation by the prosecution.  But then again most of the defense witnesses were torn apart in cross examination, and ended up agreeing with the prosecution witnesses!  

But the jury didn't ask for anything to be reread?  Didn't ask one single question?  That's just unforgivable to me.  I could have respected one single juror (or more) causing a mistrial by voting against the rest, at least (I think) the prosecution could have tried it again with a jury that was more dedicated to finding Justice.  As it is, a murderer goes free...and I can't help but believe she'll do it again.  She will only be empowered by beating the Justice system, like Joran van der Sloot.  

I hope Cindy's proud of herself (I saw her smile today), it's really sad that Caylee didn't mean more to her than that.  I hope she's prosecuted for perjury, and that Jose Baez faces whatever punishment is available for his behavior during the trial.  If Judge Perry doesn't go forward with something after all Baez pulled in the court room; I will lose a lot of respect for him.  We were all watching.

I'll never forget Caylee Marie Anthony, and the fact that Justice was denied for her today.

I'm thankful that we will all face the final judgement one day, and Casey will get hers.  

jmo

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4163 on: July 05, 2011, 11:33:07 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
You know this is my first post and I just wanted to send words of encouragement to all of you. Many of you have put your hearts, souls and brains into this battle which has lasted over three years.  I read so many posts about this case and just was amazed at how fast and in depth and quick thinking all you have been. This site member's have always kept their eyes on the prize which was justice for caylee. Sadly in our justice system, sometimes the bad guy gets away, sometimes as in this case the bad guy even gets away with murder. I don't think there is anybody in the whole world who has followed this case that doesn't believe that Casey has her daughter's blood on her hands but just like the OJ case or even the Robert Blake case, the one flaw in our justice system is that if one throws enough money at it, or brings in enough "experts" and creates enough doubt you can get away with murder.
Yes its a sad day for Caylee's supporters, and perhaps all of us need a couple of days to exhale, go the gym, walk away from the TV, visit somebody we haven't seen in a while, take time with our children or make love to our spouse. We are all emotionally drained and angry and we need to defuse a little bit. But make no mistake, Casey isn't the only child murder out there, and sadly this isn't the end of the mistreatment, abused, or even the murdering of children. Evil won a battle today but the war continues and I am confident that the members of this site will continue to do everything humanely possible to prevent people from getting away with murdering other people and to stand up for those who can not speak.  I applauded each and everyone of you and hope you can take a little time to look in a mirror and whisper to yourself.. you did everything you could possibly do.  I know up in Heaven Caylee smiles down on you all.

IanHawk,  thanks for putting it in prospective.  It is just so heartbreaking, just look at the TV tonight also.  Everybody (most anyway) are feeling the same thing.  I need to be in bed right now for work tomorrow but I know I will not sleep.  How can those jurors sleep?  Maybe Bozo and Company can take Casey out to Fusions Thursday night and celebrate.  That would really stick it to all of us for believing in a baby named CAYLEE whom we came to love.

thanks.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #4164 on: July 05, 2011, 11:33:22 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
You know this is my first post and I just wanted to send words of encouragement to all of you. Many of you have put your hearts, souls and brains into this battle which has lasted over three years.  I read so many posts about this case and just was amazed at how fast and in depth and quick thinking all you have been. This site member's have always kept their eyes on the prize which was justice for caylee. Sadly in our justice system, sometimes the bad guy gets away, sometimes as in this case the bad guy even gets away with murder. I don't think there is anybody in the whole world who has followed this case that doesn't believe that Casey has her daughter's blood on her hands but just like the OJ case or even the Robert Blake case, the one flaw in our justice system is that if one throws enough money at it, or brings in enough "experts" and creates enough doubt you can get away with murder.
Yes its a sad day for Caylee's supporters, and perhaps all of us need a couple of days to exhale, go the gym, walk away from the TV, visit somebody we haven't seen in a while, take time with our children or make love to our spouse. We are all emotionally drained and angry and we need to defuse a little bit. But make no mistake, Casey isn't the only child murder out there, and sadly this isn't the end of the mistreatment, abused, or even the murdering of children. Evil won a battle today but the war continues and I am confident that the members of this site will continue to do everything humanely possible to prevent people from getting away with murdering other people and to stand up for those who can not speak.  I applauded each and everyone of you and hope you can take a little time to look in a mirror and whisper to yourself.. you did everything you could possibly do.  I know up in Heaven Caylee smiles down on you all.

Thanks for your insight Hawk and Welcome to SM.  Need new perspectives, alot of hurting monkeys here for the injustice! 

Again, Welcome and make yourself at home!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4165 on: July 05, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150698783895444&set=t.1301983534&type=1&theater

Here's the picture of Foghorn giving the finger to the people outside the bar.

photo unavailable

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4166 on: July 05, 2011, 11:34:40 PM »

Actually I stand by my position that the jurors were not only ignorant but fools as well. They did not listen to one thing the judge said. The presumption of innocence doesn't mean innocent until proven guilty in that sense.  It means that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we assume innocence, putting the burden of proof on the prosecutor.  

I guess I'm old-fashioned in believing that justice is the object and that the integrity of the legal procedures is secondary to that, not the other way round.  The woman clearly was complicit in her death, whether intentionally or not, and there was no justice in this instance.  My good common sense tells me that Casey Anthony got away with murder, and no parsing of the verbiage by talking heads is going to convince me otherwise.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4167 on: July 05, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Thank you for such an insightful first post.  Much needed.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4168 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »

Notice how he kept saying WE THOUGHT, WE WEREN"T CONVINCED, etc.
He never deliberated with the other jurors.   He was an alternate, who was
seperated from the others at the end of closing statements.

Wreck has been pointing this out.

your're right - I didn't catch it before, but you're right WE WE WE
and they are not suppose to talk about the case

Did JP or any official ever instruct the 12 jury members and two alternates together as a group outside of the courtroom setting at any time throughout the trial?

It appears that there was some influence which directed this jury as well as the two alternates to consider ONLY the defence's closing arguments in regards to reasonable doubt.

Janet

What if they found the jurors broke the law did talk, were bribed, or paid, didn't care ect. Then what? Has that happened after a verdict? What could be done?

Great question......
Mistrial I would think......
Anyone know??????

Every time the jury entered the court room, Judge Perry always asked them, "Have you compiled with my admonition no to talk about this case?"

Every time the jury answered, "Yes."

The decision in this, I should think, could be reversed.

could someone get this to the powers that be
If the jurors were bribed to come back with a not guilty verdict then it could be a retrial, I think they were bribed before they left home, remember JP let them go home til sunday? The dufence  had their names and addresses how hard would it of been to get someone or several people  to go and offer them money etc? And bozo and mumbles would be clear cause they were at their hotel
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4169 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »

http://www.ajs.org/jc/juries/jc_decision_misconduct.asp

https://litigation-essentials.lexisnexis.com/webcd/app?action=DocumentDisplay&crawlid=1&doctype=cite&docid=33+J.+Marshall+L.+Rev.+145&srctype=smi&srcid=3B15&key=c6ecb8c8b10fac257cd2b2ac44a88571

This is about jury misconduct after the verdict.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4170 on: July 05, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150698783895444&set=t.1301983534&type=1&theater

Here's the picture of Foghorn giving the finger to the people outside the bar.

photo unavailable

I have it for you...........on photobucket

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #4171 on: July 05, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
Thank you for your thoughtful post.  an angelic monkey

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Rosenut
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4172 on: July 05, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »

It is what it is, this is what has happened.  I can't believe this, and am as upset as any of you, but in the end, there is a higher power that will handle this exactly as it should be - believe!

Casey will get hers.  In fact the entire Anthony family will.  Karma is a bitch.
[/quote

Yep, for sure...
Sdb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4173 on: July 05, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »

Could JP have allowed them to start deliberating early since they were running out of time? If I recall he had a vacation coming up as well, right?
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4174 on: July 05, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »

I. Introduction

After a lengthy jury trial, a judge is frequently presented with a motion for a new trial alleging that the misconduct of the jurors corrupted the verdict or that some extraneous, prejudicial influence has reached the jurors during trial or deliberation. This Article explores the most commonly encountered situations involving juror misconduct or extraneous influences. It further provides an examination of relevant Illinois case law as well as law from other jurisdictions, primarily federal, which addresses these issues. Finally, this Article identifies certain problem areas in applying the law from a judge's perspective.

II. What Constitutes Juror Misconduct or Prejudicial Influence?

A review of the case law shows that jurors' conduct, which potentially deprives the parties of a fair trial, generally falls into two broad categories. The first category consists of those situations in which jurors indulge in what is called "irregular conduct." Such "irregular conduct" frequently includes unauthorized juror visits to the scene involved in the trial, personal investigation by jurors or testing of evidence that may or may not have been presented at trial. "Irregular conduct" may also consist of juror consultation of reference materials, such as books, almanacs, and dictionaries, 1 or coercion or pressure on an individual juror beyond the normal tensions generated when twelve diverse people attempt to reach a consensus. 2 The last type of "irregular conduct" includes cases that reflect simple confusion in the application of complex jury instructions or verdict forms, resulting in a verdict that does ...

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4175 on: July 05, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »

This is what I posted on the impact thread and wanted to share here

'Grief.

IMO Lazy, dumb, not listening disgrace-to-the-American-justice-system jury. Good luck on your home life. I hope your friends and neighbors are your friends and neighbors still tomorrow. Happy summer and glad one of you could make your vacation July 7th! Watch out, IMO, for karma, cause and affect.

Judge Perry: How did an alternate know what the jury was thinking? Did they talk among themselves?

Who got to the jury? IMO Next time, I hope Judge's learn to pick from their own county.

Judge Perry: how about a mistrial for Baez receiving texts and send texts from an unknown-to-the-Court source while the prosecutor was questioning one of the science experts? Was it from Linda k. Baden giving him the science background in real time so he could cross examine?

This verdict and trial has taught, IMO, our children:   it is OK to lie in Court (is this Aruba?); it's OK to kill a child. It's OK to chloroform a child in a trunk so you can party, OK to put 3 pieces of duct tape over the child's nose and mouth and maybe one on her hands, OK to put her in 2 garbage bags, a laundry bag, put her in a swamp. Ok to have your parents lie and you lie  Ok to party 31 days. OK to be selfish. Ok to lie to your parents, friends, boyfriend Police and FBi

IMO Casey is no better than a gang thug who kills

What did Caylee do to deserve this?

The small print below tells the rest of the impact on me'

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #4176 on: July 05, 2011, 11:38:12 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

I have been sitting here for 3 years just knowing in my heart that Caylee would get justice one day. But it appears that will not happen here on earth. I will never let Caylee Anthony out of my mind or my heart.

Just my thoughts on honoring Caylee.....We all have taken time from our own families in seeking justice for Caylee. I think the best way to honor her memory is to turn the tv's off and get out and enjoy our children and grandchildren for what is left of the summer. Shower them with all the love that precious lil Caylee never received in her short life. Do not give the tv networks any hits for their ratings. If no one watches the shows that the Anthony will be featured on , they will get the picture eventually.

I will be stepping away for a while to let my heart heal from the injustice done to Precious Angel Caylee. I will listen to sentencing Thursday then I will try to deal with my emotions. Today has been especially sad for me as my 11 yr old grandson was measured and fitted for a wheel chair today. His Muscular Dystrophy has progressed so fast that the time has come that he can no longer walk for any length of time. Please keep him in your prayers. His name is Chandler.
God Bless you all!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4177 on: July 05, 2011, 11:38:22 PM »

There is a FB page called : 100,000 People Who Think The Casey Anthony Verdict Was Wrong

I don't know how to do FB links.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4178 on: July 05, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »

This is about the only way to see this retried in court... The last type of "irregular conduct" includes cases that reflect simple confusion in the application of complex jury instructions or verdict forms, resulting in a verdict that does ...

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4179 on: July 05, 2011, 11:39:33 PM »

Thanks---it came through ok;   He is gross.  Common & vulgar.  And childish.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.