April 26, 2024, 01:04:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Casey Anthony guilty or not guilty of,  First-degree murder, Aggravated child abuse, Aggravated manslaughter of a child, 4 counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer  (Voting closed: July 05, 2011, 08:34:21 AM)
Guilty All - 196 (95.1%)
Not Guity All - 1 (0.5%)
Guilty Agrivated Manslaughter Only - 5 (2.4%)
Guilty of Providing False Information - 1 (0.5%)
I have no idea - 3 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 205

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - MURDER TRIAL - Deliberations and VERDICT - 7/4 - 7/5/2011  (Read 1308204 times)
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4260 on: July 06, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »

I wrote this from sweet Caylee's perspective....

If Caylee could talk.....

Why did you leave me alone in the trunk?
While you partied and smoked and got horribly drunk?

Why did you kill me and stuff me in bags?
And duct tape my mouth while I coughed and I gagged?

Why did you lie and blame everyone?
You know that you did it so you could have fun.

Why did you throw me away like i'm trash?
You took me away.. I was gone in a flash.

I loved you and trusted you more every day..
Just so you  could drug me and throw me away.

This jury cant see through your lies and deceit..
But I have told God all that YOU did to me...

He told me He knew and that justice will come..
And I will be watching when you come undone.

God gave you a gift and you tossed it away...
You thought that at two, I just got in the way. 

You took me away because I got attention..
People loved me a lot and you never were mentioned.

How much are you loved and doted on now?
PLease tell me, mommy, I want to know how.

How could you do this to your little girl?
I no longer am yours... I belong to the world.

I'm still loved the most and It's plain to see...
You are loved by no one....especially me...

OMG.. OK.. I am balling.. I want to copy this and post it on FB and will GIVE you the credit.. I have alot of FB friends I went to school with and work with and they will love it.. 

I was just going to ask her permission as well..

Everyone who wants to use it feel free... PLease... Smile

"God dont like ugly"
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4261 on: July 06, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »

I still don't think a mistrial can be called after a "not guilty" verdict -- no matter what. Even if it was possible, I don't think Perry would call for one because it would expose that he knew it was going on. He was in too big a rush to get the trial over WITHOUT a mistrial.
I held my tongue for several weeks because I knew my opinion was unpopular..but I never liked this judge....watching the jury selection, his promises to the jurors who had plans, not letting the defense cut "4, not following thru on his threats to Bobo left me feeling that he wanted a verdict on a timetable..he rolled the dice and lost. He was too friggin worried about getting reversed.. too many sidebars..the judge bears great responsibility for this jury

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4262 on: July 06, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »

I know this is pissing in the wind but this was posted on my fb page...does any smart monkey know if there is any merit to this?

Double Jeopardy does not apply if they file federal charges against her for violating the civil rights of her child. She can receive a life sentence if convicted. Anyone who waits a month to report their child missing has violated their civil rights!! Everyone needs to contact the feds, state atty and atty general in FL and get them to prosecute the crap out of her that way!!!!. Contact Lawson Lamar, State Atty Florida.
You know.  It seems like this was the case in a trial I've followed.  I can't remember which one.
There were several cases of persons found "not guilty" in murder cases of blacks in the 60's that were convicted by the Federal Government years later for violating their Civil Rights. I would think killing a child could qualify for this.

I was wondering today after the verdict if there was any recourse such as a civil trial where the burden of proof is not so high...

You have to be a "wronged party" to file a civil suit. The civil suit against OJ was brought by the Goldman family. Caylee's family supported the killer and they're the only ones that could claim a loss. JMO.

I wish the lady really was her other grandmother...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4263 on: July 06, 2011, 12:12:46 AM »

I know this is pissing in the wind but this was posted on my fb page...does any smart monkey know if there is any merit to this?

Double Jeopardy does not apply if they file federal charges against her for violating the civil rights of her child. She can receive a life sentence if convicted. Anyone who waits a month to report their child missing has violated their civil rights!! Everyone needs to contact the feds, state atty and atty general in FL and get them to prosecute the crap out of her that way!!!!. Contact Lawson Lamar, State Atty Florida.

Will Caylee's murder be declared a cold case? If another detective were to discover something that would point to Caylee's killer, couldn't Casey be re-tried based on the new evidence or would that be considered double jeopardy? I recently read about an arrest in a 54 year old murder case based on new evidence which refuted the prime suspect's alibi, but I don't think he had ever been tried for the crime.
KC could stand in front of the world and give in details the story of how she killed Caylee and would never face a court of law.  That is the double jeopardy law. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4264 on: July 06, 2011, 12:12:53 AM »

I wrote this from sweet Caylee's perspective....

If Caylee could talk.....

Why did you leave me alone in the trunk?
While you partied and smoked and got horribly drunk?

Why did you kill me and stuff me in bags?
And duct tape my mouth while I coughed and I gagged?

Why did you lie and blame everyone?
You know that you did it so you could have fun.

Why did you throw me away like i'm trash?
You took me away.. I was gone in a flash.

I loved you and trusted you more every day..
Just so you  could drug me and throw me away.

This jury cant see through your lies and deceit..
But I have told God all that YOU did to me...

He told me He knew and that justice will come..
And I will be watching when you come undone.

God gave you a gift and you tossed it away...
You thought that at two, I just got in the way. 

You took me away because I got attention..
People loved me a lot and you never were mentioned.

How much are you loved and doted on now?
PLease tell me, mommy, I want to know how.

How could you do this to your little girl?
I no longer am yours... I belong to the world.

I'm still loved the most and It's plain to see...
You are loved by no one....especially me...

OMG.. OK.. I am balling.. I want to copy this and post it on FB and will GIVE you the credit.. I have alot of FB friends I went to school with and work with and they will love it.. 

I was just going to ask her permission as well..

Everyone who wants to use it feel free... PLease... Smile

Thank you nikki!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

crazybabyborg
« Reply #4265 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13:29 AM »

I recently had a long conversation with a FEDERAL JUDGE about our current jury system in today's "instant information age" and mass media proliferation. I don't think (and he agreed) that is possible to get a fair, intelligent jury selected. I hate to say it, but perhaps a better system is for all cases to be heard by a panel of judges.

^^^
Bump

For whatever it's worth, I think that had JP been the sole decision maker in this case, he would have found her guilty. JMO.
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4266 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13:52 AM »

The FB page for Porch Lights on for Caylee has 1,360,975 Attending!!!!!

WOW

In just a few minutes up to this number.  1,373,944 Attending

Link Please
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=237189926299700
1,404,430 Attending

Thank you so much KittyMom Smile Two porch lights on at my house now and keeping them on till after court Thursday.
karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4267 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13:59 AM »

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/07/05/jury-in-casey-anthony-trial-refuses-to-talk-to-media-media-stunned/

In the courtroom Detective Yuri Melich stood and watched the defense team and Casey Anthony celebrate their victory, afterwards he sat down, head down as though the wind had been knocked out of him. Several officers who also worked the case and came to court today to hear the verdict were seen with tears in their eyes.

These are the guys and gals that really cared about Caylee.  They were on hands and knees picking through a swamp to find every last piece of her.  Bless their hearts.  They've done an awesome job with no thanks.  But we know what they gave.  And so does Caylee.

Thanks for that article. One statement grabbed my attention...it was this:  Judge Perry is also barring the release of the jury’s names until further notice.

Since Florida has such open law, won't the judge have to reveal those names soon?
I hope he has to. This is a dangerous situation in more than one way.
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4268 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:16 AM »

You know.  It seems like this was the case in a trial I've followed.  I can't remember which one.
There were several cases of persons found "not guilty" in murder cases of blacks in the 60's that were convicted by the Federal Government years later for violating their Civil Rights. I would think killing a child could qualify for this.

I was wondering today after the verdict if there was any recourse such as a civil trial where the burden of proof is not so high...

You have to be a "wronged party" to file a civil suit. The civil suit against OJ was brought by the Goldman family. Caylee's family supported the killer and they're the only ones that could claim a loss. JMO.

Caylee's father if he is alive can and if he indeed is the guy who died in the auto accident & his mother has come forward she may be the paternal grandmother and she can!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4269 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »

I recently had a long conversation with a FEDERAL JUDGE about our current jury system in today's "instant information age" and mass media proliferation. I don't think (and he agreed) that is possible to get a fair, intelligent jury selected. I hate to say it, but perhaps a better system is for all cases to be heard by a panel of judges.

^^^
Bump

I agree...or at least qualified professional jurors who can understand scientific evidence and have the common sense to put together circumstantial evidence together..

Much like "Grand Juries" we have now for indictments.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #4270 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:32 AM »

What A Pig!!!

Funny how he an attorney 40 yrs let a punk like Baez run things.
Somethin ain't right with that either!!!!!!
I was thinking along the same lines SM. He just sat back and relaxed, almost as if he had nothing to be concerned about.  Hmmmm and then Baez with his support of Ashton when they both were in jeopardy of contempt. 
Oh goodness I really messed that up.  My apologies. This is how it should have posted. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4271 on: July 06, 2011, 12:15:35 AM »

I think its unreal for Baez and the Defense team to be high-fiving each other, jumping up and down and wooping it up.

What class ... dancing on the grave of little Caylee, oh that's right she didn't get a grave, she was double bagged and left in a swamp to rot and be chewed on by animals.

Yep I agree
I gotta bad feeling about this like something is going to happen - boomarang or something.

I agree Kermit...bad feeling.  This has only begun. More to come I am sure and it will not be good, will it?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #4272 on: July 06, 2011, 12:16:30 AM »

I still don't think a mistrial can be called after a "not guilty" verdict -- no matter what. Even if it was possible, I don't think Perry would call for one because it would expose that he knew it was going on. He was in too big a rush to get the trial over WITHOUT a mistrial.
I held my tongue for several weeks because I knew my opinion was unpopular..but I never liked this judge....watching the jury selection, his promises to the jurors who had plans, not letting the defense cut "4, not following thru on his threats to Bobo left me feeling that he wanted a verdict on a timetable..he rolled the dice and lost. He was too friggin worried about getting reversed.. too many sidebars..the judge bears great responsibility for this jury

OJ's lawyers said they won the case the day the jury was selected. I think that's often the case, and was the truth here as well.
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #4273 on: July 06, 2011, 12:16:52 AM »

I agree with you.  I don't think he will get re-elected so I bet he retires.  I didn't know how to feel about him since I had never followed a trial before.  He had better sanction that dumbass Baez but he probably won't.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4274 on: July 06, 2011, 12:16:56 AM »

A Federal case for violating Civil Rights is different than an aggrieved party filing a civil law suit.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4275 on: July 06, 2011, 12:17:07 AM »

Butterflies in Heaven By Richard Grund
by Carmen J Prince on Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 10:56pm

Butterflies in Heaven

December 11, 2008

By Richard J Grund

When President Roosevelt called December 7, 1941 a “date which will live in infamy” I had little personal experience with the reality of that statement.  He meant that the day would always have a bad name and be notorious in history.  And, he was correct.  It was and is.

December 11, 2008 (a Thursday) will hold that status in our lives.  It’s the day our worst fears were confirmed and the nightmare was no longer just a dream.  It was the day Caylee Marie Anthony was found.  Well, that’s actually not true.  Caylee was in Heaven.  It was the day the remains of her mortal body were found.  It was the day we knew that we would have to wait until Heaven to see her again.  Without the assurance of Heaven and her being there it would have been the day that all hope was lost.

Don’t get me wrong, we wanted it to be different.  There was hope the facts were wrong.  There was faith and love to help block out the reality being presented to us.  The hope of her being somewhere safe and hidden was lost that day.  The hope of seeing her in this earthly realm was lost that day.  And, the hope of a future for this bright shining star was lost that day.  The truth is, no one who has been to Heaven ever wanted to come back and I do not believe she would have been any different.  The ever present music for her to bop and dance to would have held her there.   The bright green fields, flowers, perfect butterflies and the ever present feeling of safety and love would make her forget all about here.  I cannot blame her.  Psalm 16:11 tell us, In Your presence is fullness of joy;  At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  Once she grabbed His nail pierced hand when He greeted her we were a distant memory.  Would you want to leave that?  I wouldn’t.

Over this past year I’ve had past dreams, words and experiences brought to my remembrance.  I will not list or detail them except to say that God was not caught off guard by this.  He knew what would happen before she was born.  He knew THIS would happen.  And, in His infinite love and mercy for us, He gave her to us anyway.  God is never surprised by what happens.  He knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10).   He knew who, what, when and where.  He taught us that for everything there is a season (Ecclesiastes 3) and her season was a short one.  She was meant to teach us many lessons and, for whatever reason, her time here was short.

In many ways, she was too good for this world.  Most innocents like her are.  Before this world could taint her, ruin her and mold her into its image she was sent home.  Selfishly, I wish it were not so.  I wish we could all have her for a little while longer but He knows better than I what is right and to Him, this was allowed.  I know there are many people that will not understand that or His ways.  But, I can pray you come to that understanding.

Isaiah 55:8 (NKJV) 8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.

Does that mean we don’t wail and plead with Him to change the way things are?  No, our frail humanity does that.  Yet, in all things we have to trust that this Father does know best.

Although it may have actually happened 6-months earlier, on December 11, 2008 it was confirmed to us that we ran out of time with one of His butterflies.  Her wings would flutter to the breeze of this world no longer.  Her time was short but it was ever so colorful and memorable.

With all due respect to Eric Clapton, I know that there are no tears in Heaven.  There is only love, peace, joy and Caylee’s laughter.

And, I know there are butterflies in Heaven that live forever!

We will always love you Caylee.

We will always miss you.

We will see you again.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/carmen-j-prince/butterflies-in-heaven-by-richard-grund/237176219640301

Thank you Turbo!   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4276 on: July 06, 2011, 12:20:50 AM »

Jumping in mid-stream here, pardon my interruption please.  Just wanted to say Thank You to each and every one of you who stood for Caylee these three long years.  Your humanity and concern for a child you did not personally know and your willingness to run to the battle speaks volumes about you.  Your emotional investment of yourself, your time, your energy, and your research...they were not for naught. I daresay you have become a better person for it, a better children's advocate for it.  Please don't give up now. Our communities, our world need more advocates like you.

This was my post at Blink On Crime a few minutes ago and I wanted to share it with you as well.  I know many of you have questions like I did- "What happened?".  Many of you probably prayed a prayer much like mine- "God/Father, I don't understand. How could this happen?". I said to a family member this afternoon, “I feel like the world has turned upside down.” My spouse said to me hours later, “The world has turned upside down.”

Randomly thumbing through my Bible tonight, waiting to begin our devotions, I glanced down to see Isaiah 5:20. I read, “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.” Word from the Lord!

My family mourned Caylee anew this day. Even while we struggled to understand, we realized we had two choices: to blame and rail at God or trust Him. We chose to trust Him with this, even though we didn't understand. Our dinner thanks included thanking Him that He did not fall off the throne today because of this verdict, it was no surprise to Him (just to us)...A reminder to ourselves, as much as a praise.

A little background info here: We’ve been slowly working our way through the book of Proverbs for a few months now-reading a few at a time, discussing them, thinking how they apply to us and how to apply them as warnings and instructions from God to our personal lives. Anyway, tonight we began Proverbs 16. Then God answered our “How could this happen?” prayers.
Proverbs 16:4 “The Lord works out everything for his own ends-even the wicked for a day of disaster.”
Proverbs 16:5 “The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.”
We realized that just because something didn’t work out the way WE thought it would or should, doesn’t mean it isn’t working out the way God planned. I’m not suggesting God wanted Caylee killed or Casey getting off scot-free (not by a long shot). What I am saying is, that this is far from over. We haven’t seen the ending yet.  From our limited viewpoint it may look like they're getting away with murder, but a day of disaster is coming. Proverbs 16:5 “…Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.”.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4277 on: July 06, 2011, 12:21:47 AM »

------------------
Wasn't it the guy who killed his girlfriend after she rejected him and he and his ex were into S&M and they photograhed her during her torture/killing and somehow he was convicted after admitting it but it was overturned and couldn't be tried again and the only way to put him in jail was to go after him federally but I forgot what the indictment was.

Oh!!!  He was the one chloroforming her and doing nasty, nasty things to her and taking polaroids during!!!

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4278 on: July 06, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »

^^^
Bump

I agree...or at least qualified professional jurors who can understand scientific evidence and have the common sense to put together circumstantial evidence together..

Much like "Grand Juries" we have now for indictments.

Yes...Judge Jeanne Pirro is on a roll...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4279 on: July 06, 2011, 12:23:17 AM »

A Federal case for violating Civil Rights is different than an aggrieved party filing a civil law suit.

So how does that happen Wreck?

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.