April 26, 2024, 03:21:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Casey Anthony guilty or not guilty of,  First-degree murder, Aggravated child abuse, Aggravated manslaughter of a child, 4 counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer  (Voting closed: July 05, 2011, 08:34:21 AM)
Guilty All - 196 (95.1%)
Not Guity All - 1 (0.5%)
Guilty Agrivated Manslaughter Only - 5 (2.4%)
Guilty of Providing False Information - 1 (0.5%)
I have no idea - 3 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 205

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - MURDER TRIAL - Deliberations and VERDICT - 7/4 - 7/5/2011  (Read 1307997 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4280 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:07 AM »

I know this is pissing in the wind but this was posted on my fb page...does any smart monkey know if there is any merit to this?

Double Jeopardy does not apply if they file federal charges against her for violating the civil rights of her child. She can receive a life sentence if convicted. Anyone who waits a month to report their child missing has violated their civil rights!! Everyone needs to contact the feds, state atty and atty general in FL and get them to prosecute the crap out of her that way!!!!. Contact Lawson Lamar, State Atty Florida.
You know.  It seems like this was the case in a trial I've followed.  I can't remember which one.
There were several cases of persons found "not guilty" in murder cases of blacks in the 60's that were convicted by the Federal Government years later for violating their Civil Rights. I would think killing a child could qualify for this.

I was wondering today after the verdict if there was any recourse such as a civil trial where the burden of proof is not so high...

You have to be a "wronged party" to file a civil suit. The civil suit against OJ was brought by the Goldman family. Caylee's family supported the killer and they're the only ones that could claim a loss. JMO.

I wish the lady really was her other grandmother...
A Federal case for violating Civil Rights is different than an aggrieved party filing a civil law suit.

So how does that happen Wreck?
Someone would have to convince the Federal Justice Department to investigate and file charges.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #4281 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »

I recently had a long conversation with a FEDERAL JUDGE about our current jury system in today's "instant information age" and mass media proliferation. I don't think (and he agreed) that is possible to get a fair, intelligent jury selected. I hate to say it, but perhaps a better system is for all cases to be heard by a panel of judges.

^^^
Bump

I agree...or at least qualified professional jurors who can understand scientific evidence and have the common sense to put together circumstantial evidence together..

Much like "Grand Juries" we have now for indictments.

I agree wreck.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4282 on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:29 AM »

Now that I have stopped weeping, I will try to watch some mindless entertainment.. I hope I get angry soon, for I will then be moving forward a bit.
KC will mess up again without mommy there to hide it.. its just a matter of time
It is a kick in the gut to these great prosecutors and cops to be bested in court by the jester...he will eventually be exposed too .... Goodnight Monkey Friends.. see ya tomorrow 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4283 on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:46 AM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/jul/5/picket-house-sub-committee-announces-hearing-child/

House sub-committee announces hearing on child deaths due to maltreatment
Casey Anthony, the Florida mother who was accused of first degree murder among other charges, was found not guilty in the killing of her two-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. Many continue to believe Ms. Anthony at least neglected Caylee, given the evidence submitted during the trial period and it looks like the federal government may have something to say about cases similar to the Casey Anthony story a week from now on July 12.

Maybe someone is paying attention?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4284 on: July 06, 2011, 12:29:20 AM »

http://topics.law.cornell.edu/wex/motion_for_judgment_notwithstanding_the_verdict

JP can overturn the not guilty verdict very rare not sure if he will he did find her not guilty based on the verdict so not sure but this is interesting reading..

A motion asking the court to enter judgment notwithstanding the verdict.  This motion argues that no reasonable jury could reach the verdict that the jury in this case just did.  In other words, it claims that the jury did not follow proper instructions and ruled for the opposing party based on legally insufficient evidence.  In federal court, this motion has been replaced with the JMOL motion.  See Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 50.

Judgment Notwithstanding the Verdict

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Judgment+Notwithstanding+the+Verdict

hmmm that is interesting. because NO reasonable jury could ever find her not guilty of at least child abuse/neglect.  i hope this is true but if it was i feel like we would have heard about it from some of the talking heads already

Would it help to write to JP?  Mentioning this (which he knows about) and letting him know what has been said about discussing the case between jurors when it was not allowed and such? The outcry by the community and the nation of this unreasonable verdict?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4285 on: July 06, 2011, 12:29:45 AM »

Something else that bothered me...if these jurors did not know that this was such a huge case...why the reluctance to talk to the press afterward?

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4286 on: July 06, 2011, 12:30:43 AM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/jul/5/picket-house-sub-committee-announces-hearing-child/

Casey Anthony, the Florida mother who was accused of first degree murder among other charges, was found not guilty in the killing of her two-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. Many continue to believe Ms. Anthony at least neglected Caylee, given the evidence submitted during the trial period and it looks like the federal government may have something to say about cases similar to the Casey Anthony story a week from now on July 12.

Maybe a new mission for some die-hard monkeys?

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4287 on: July 06, 2011, 12:32:08 AM »

ok..one more before bed.... thank you all for listening to the only way I handle stress...well, excpet for chocolate...LOL...

I Died Again Today

Yet today, I died again...

I died when you chose not to listen...
I died when the heartfelt words of those trying to seek justice for me fell on deaf ears...

Yet today, I died again..

I died when those who cried
 for me were mocked by those you called counsel..

I died when the one who brought me into this world laughed and smiled and giggled when they claimed she was not guilty..

I died when champagne was poured and corks were popped in celebratory fashion for setting my killer free....

Yet today, I died again.....

Thank you for killing me all over again....as if once was not enough.....

To those who have fought for me, shed tears for me, loved me and wore purple for me...

I noticed and I thank you today.....on the day I died again....
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

"God dont like ugly"
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4288 on: July 06, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »

Something else that bothered me...if these jurors did not know that this was such a huge case...why the reluctance to talk to the press afterward?
.... and why did they wear suits and ties today??

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4289 on: July 06, 2011, 12:33:07 AM »

Omg, just have to wait and see.
You think JP is being informed of this?
If so, I bet kc stays in jail till this is worked threw?????

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #4290 on: July 06, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »

I don't believe this for one minute!  I need to remove myself from this for today.  I can't watch Thursday either.  I will just read here.  At least I know you all feel as sad and disappointed as i do. 

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4291 on: July 06, 2011, 12:34:23 AM »

Jumping in mid-stream here, pardon my interruption please.  Just wanted to say Thank You to each and every one of you who stood for Caylee these three long years.  Your humanity and concern for a child you did not personally know and your willingness to run to the battle speaks volumes about you.  Your emotional investment of yourself, your time, your energy, and your research...they were not for naught. I daresay you have become a better person for it, a better children's advocate for it.  Please don't give up now. Our communities, our world need more advocates like you.

This was my post at Blink On Crime a few minutes ago and I wanted to share it with you as well.  I know many of you have questions like I did- "What happened?".  Many of you probably prayed a prayer much like mine- "God/Father, I don't understand. How could this happen?". I said to a family member this afternoon, “I feel like the world has turned upside down.” My spouse said to me hours later, “The world has turned upside down.”

Randomly thumbing through my Bible tonight, waiting to begin our devotions, I glanced down to see Isaiah 5:20. I read, “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.” Word from the Lord!

My family mourned Caylee anew this day. Even while we struggled to understand, we realized we had two choices: to blame and rail at God or trust Him. We chose to trust Him with this, even though we didn't understand. Our dinner thanks included thanking Him that He did not fall off the throne today because of this verdict, it was no surprise to Him (just to us)...A reminder to ourselves, as much as a praise.

A little background info here: We’ve been slowly working our way through the book of Proverbs for a few months now-reading a few at a time, discussing them, thinking how they apply to us and how to apply them as warnings and instructions from God to our personal lives. Anyway, tonight we began Proverbs 16. Then God answered our “How could this happen?” prayers.
Proverbs 16:4 “The Lord works out everything for his own ends-even the wicked for a day of disaster.”
Proverbs 16:5 “The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.”
We realized that just because something didn’t work out the way WE thought it would or should, doesn’t mean it isn’t working out the way God planned. I’m not suggesting God wanted Caylee killed or Casey getting off scot-free (not by a long shot). What I am saying is, that this is far from over. We haven’t seen the ending yet.  From our limited viewpoint it may look like they're getting away with murder, but a day of disaster is coming. Proverbs 16:5 “…Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.”.

Thank you, Ispy. Your post has helped my heart tonight. an angelic monkey

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4292 on: July 06, 2011, 12:34:56 AM »

.... and why did they wear suits and ties today??

yes...why?

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4293 on: July 06, 2011, 12:35:38 AM »

ok..one more before bed.... thank you all for listening to the only way I handle stress...well, excpet for chocolate...LOL...

I Died Again Today

I died when you chose not to listen...
I died when the heartfelt words of those trying to seek justice for me fell on deaf ears...

Yet today, I died again..

I died when those who cried
 for me were mocked by those you called counsel..

I died when the one who brought me into this world laughed and smiled and giggled when they claimed she was not guilty..

I died when champagne was poured and corks were popped in celebratory fashion for setting my killer free....

Yet today, I died again.....

Thank you for killing me all over again....as if once was not enough.....

To those who have fought for me, shed tears for me, loved me and wore purple for me...

I noticed and I thank you today.....on the day I died again....
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Thank you Nikki!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4294 on: July 06, 2011, 12:35:50 AM »

Isnt Casey on probation also from check and credit cards?
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4295 on: July 06, 2011, 12:36:02 AM »

Omg, just have to wait and see.
You think JP is being informed of this?
If so, I bet kc stays in jail till this is worked threw?????

Sorry for double posting.

EVERYONE must read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klaas can you make a sticky or a thread for this???????

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4296 on: July 06, 2011, 12:37:58 AM »

Please God don't let the baby killer to go to the place she disposed caylee and put some flower in her memory and play the victim. It will be too much I've never imagine this outcome but it is what it is... ::justice2NJ:: I hope the JP will learn his lesson and pay more attention, heart and common sense when he elects the jury for future cases....because people don't know anything about the case doesn't mean that they will be fair.....l am so sad!!!
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4297 on: July 06, 2011, 12:38:31 AM »

I and pray for LE, the many fine officers who investigated and searched for Caylee. I and pray for the many searchers from all walks of life, who gave of themselves to find Caylee. I and pray for Tim Miller, carrying his own burden and caring enough about someone else to pick up theirs as well as he searches for missing children.  I and pray for Roy Kronk and for the many wonderful CSI men and women who crawled on hands and knees, searching for Caylee's tiny bones. I and pray for Linda Drane-Burdick, Jeff Ashton, Frank George, and the support staff behind them who worked long, hard, and valiantly for Caylee. Your integrity shone like the noonday sun. You did not fail Caylee...12 men and women from FL did.  I and pray for the Honorable Chief Justice Belvin Perry... A man of courage, integrity, and honor.   I wish I had a way to thank all of these people that would match my gratitude. It will never be enough, but Thank You.  It is my prayer that you will not allow this verdict to derail you. Each and every one of you have gifts and graces given to you by God for the benefit of us all. We need you. There are things that only you can accomplish, people only you can reach (or find, as the case may be). Please do not allow discouragement or disappointment to alter your course.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4298 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:54 AM »

I and pray for LE, the many fine officers who investigated and searched for Caylee. I and pray for the many searchers from all walks of life, who gave of themselves to find Caylee. I and pray for Tim Miller, carrying his own burden and caring enough about someone else to pick up theirs as well as he searches for missing children.  I and pray for Roy Kronk and for the many wonderful CSI men and women who crawled on hands and knees, searching for Caylee's tiny bones. I and pray for Linda Drane-Burdick, Jeff Ashton, Frank George, and the support staff behind them who worked long, hard, and valiantly for Caylee. Your integrity shone like the noonday sun. You did not fail Caylee...12 men and women from FL did.  I and pray for the Honorable Chief Justice Belvin Perry... A man of courage, integrity, and honor.   I wish I had a way to thank all of these people that would match my gratitude. It will never be enough, but Thank You.  It is my prayer that you will not allow this verdict to derail you. Each and every one of you have gifts and graces given to you by God for the benefit of us all. We need you. There are things that only you can accomplish, people only you can reach (or find, as the case may be). Please do not allow discouragement or disappointment to alter your course.

Wonderful post, I always enjoy your posts.  It is my prayer that the MOnkeys will stay strong and not let this deter them from our mission for justice for "our" missing..........

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4299 on: July 06, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »

Thank you ISpy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.