March 28, 2024, 05:44:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #614 5/5 - 5/6/2007  (Read 171971 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 05, 2007, 09:26:45 PM »

Let's hope 2007 brings Justice for Natalee

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »

I thought you guys would never get here!! Rolling Eyes
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »

Twisted Evil

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »

Posted by Msmarple in the previous thread:

This probably has been posted before, but I just got a little curious about the communications on Aruba.

http://www.setar.aw/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=198&Itemid=150

Excerpts:

Background information on how SETAR has started as Telecommunications Company owned by the government to an incorporated company with an intensified focus on its customers.

<snip>
In 1986 Aruba obtained its `Status Aparte’ in the Dutch Kingdom. This meant that Aruba was to form part of the Dutch Kingdom with its own government. Aruba was then ready to start up its own Telecommunications Company. Before 1986, all international telecommunications had gone through Curaçao, which was primarily a service for telephone and telegraph at this point in time. On Aruba, the `Landsradio’ (International and Telegram Service) and `Telefoondienst’ (Local Telephone Service) were merged into SETAR (Servicio di Telecomunicacion di Aruba).

<snip>
In 2003 SETAR became an incorporated company (with the government as shareholder) ...

<snip>
In July 2004 the introduction of GPRS to Aruba became one of the latest happenings on the island. SETAR introduced the Waw! effect, which allowed customers to take photos and to send and receive pictures, It also gave them an extra option of publishing pictures in an electronic album in a blog form through Waw! blogging. This was an instant success and started a trend whereby everyone wanted to have a Waw! Phone.

In September 2004 SETAR bought the local television station of Telearuba Channel 13. This move required a large investment as the building needed a complete renovation and also modern digital equipment so that it could reopen as an ultra-modern state-of-the-art TV station. The new Telearuba officially opened in March 2005.

<snip>
In February 2005, SETAR acquired the local Cable TV company and with this, SETAR was able to further expand its telecommunications capabilities.

<snip>
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 10:11:24 PM »

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 10:11:27 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
I thought you guys would never get here!! Rolling Eyes

Don't ya hate it when no one will post on the last couple of pages cause they're afraid their post will get lost in the change over?  Razz

I Stand With The Girl
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 10:12:22 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
Twisted Evil

I think we gonna needa mo wax for this big one. Wink

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 10:12:54 PM »

SPOCK - if you are still around.  Who exactly said that the phone records were lost?  Was it Bondia/Glenda, Scubajap, MIP6, Reality??  Who said they were lost?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 10:14:26 PM »

MOBILE PHONE

PHONE

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »

http://blogsfornatalee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6894.msg223597;topicseen#new

Chapt 4 of Jorans Book the pimps..
- Freddy and a few of his friends called themselves "the pimpology crew". As a joke we used to call each other "pimp" when we were chatting up girls.
- on the island girls too make the first moves on guys or show how they feel about guys by bumping and grooving into them at clubs. Also giving shows by kissing other girls in front of you.

- the best way to make a girl trust you (and not think you are a local beach bum) is to tell them you are a tourist also. This way they do not think you are just trying to get them into the sack. The more often you try this "lie" the easier it gets to score from it. He would say however that he used to live on Aruba, that they still owned a place there and that this is the reason he knew all the good places to hang at

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 10:17:15 PM »

- on the island girls too make the first moves on guys or show how they feel about guys by bumping and grooving into them at clubs. Also giving shows by kissing other girls in front of you.

Sounds like GVC doesnt it??

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 10:22:28 PM »

page 3:

- I have always respected girls. I h ave net hit a girl or been with a girl who did not want me to be with her. If I would see a guy hit a girl, then I would smack/hit him. A girl is sacred to me, just like my mom and just like my girlfriend. And it someone would hurt them than I would not what I would do.

- with almost all my ex-girlfriends I still have a good friendship en during this entire police-investigation the police have questioned everybody I have ever been in contact with and most "went to bat for me/defended me".

- "if you really love you girl, you would not cheat" is what most people would say. I have truly loved a girl but that did not stop me from cheating. My friends would say that this proved I did not really love her. But I did, she meant  a lot to me. And one of the biggest life-lessons that I have had is that if I care a lot about someone, I have to stop doing certain things. I cannot have my cake and eat it too, I have to make choices.

- Why Joran would still need a girl on the side if he already was going steady/had a girlfriend? For his friends is Joran's answer, to act tough. "Joran can get with any girl" is what they would say then. I used to think that was "dope", now I know better. It was very immature behavior.

- that I have been with so many girls means nothing. I didn't appreciate it at the time ; I even sometimes regret it. In the end I only wanted a girl that was mine alone and that I truly loved.

- Joran started being sexually active young, at aged 14. On Aruba the age on which people start doing it is lower according to Joran then in other countries. His parents did not have an issue with a girl staying over. I did not talk to my dad however about the fact that I was already sexually active.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 10:23:48 PM »

******* - I'm copying it and putting in the Important Case Document forum as well.
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 10:24:49 PM »

2 OT replies to last thread:

Angie:  
Evening Tidy.. Im behind.. trying to get a few things done aroud the house.. Great to see you!!!
 Thanks Angie.  It's nice to be back for awhile.

Tylergal:  
Hi, Tidy. I was asking about you just the other day. You have been missed. Your kitty looks so cozy. Have you been on holiday?
 Hi Tyler!  Thanks--it's nice to "see" you.  I haven't been on holiday, just a sortof sabbatical! lol!  Had to check in to see what's going on in monkeyland with the news from the island last week.  I watched Greta for the first time in months, yuck!  But it was worth it if there was news of a reopened investigation!

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 10:25:42 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
SPOCK - if you are still around.  Who exactly said that the phone records were lost?  Was it Bondia/Glenda, Scubajap, MIP6, Reality??  Who said they were lost?

LOL, no the statement wasn't from one of them. It was from someone who had tried to obtain the records in an official capacity. As I recall, the landline records were said to be missing. If I can find the thread, I will bring it over here.

In My Opinion
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

LOL This book is sickening..Even worse than I thought it would be..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 10:27:10 PM »

Quote from: "Spock"
Quote from: "klaasend"

LOL, no the statement wasn't from one of them. It was from someone who had tried to obtain the records in an official capacity. As I recall, the landline records were said to be missing. If I can find the thread, I will bring it over here.

Thanks Spock.  You understand how skeptical I am of certain sources in Aruba, LOL  Wink
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »

Night folks

Hugs t Nemo to
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 10:29:42 PM »

Nite Angie
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 10:30:10 PM »

Reference to the missing phone records with possible explaination from poster IWABWU  at BFN. Interesting.........

++++++++++++++

Good to find such discussion!  Who would have server access?  Where are the records managed?  A customer service person?  Complex billing arrangements are made for many kinds of businesses.  Complex billing arrangements are required today.  All connected by links.  JMHO

Here are some of my thoughts.  Many old applications/programs, some 20+ years old are still in service today.  Simply put, old mainframe programs, running on newer hardware.  Why?  Because the old home grown applications were well written and there is nothing off the shelf that would work as well.  JMHO

Could be a small program, could be a larger program.  In today's world, it would not be unknown to slap a new 'web' based 'front end' on something.  Looks modern, but behind the scenes, it's still the old mainframe app., with perhaps a few enhancements.  Only the old school programmer knows for sure.  MO

Where does this happen?  In larger companies, think those that may have bought and sold pieces, over a period of years or perhaps smaller companies that did not modernize.  Why?  The larger companies may not have the desire to integrate the bits and pieces, perhaps there is no long term view.  The old keeps chugging along.  Newer companies, companies that have grown, or that are forward looking, may be modern and up to date with their systems.  Used Y2K as a reason to modernize and purchase integrated software.  MO

Why does it matter?  In older systems there may be security, passwords, etc. to access.  However, there may not be a good record keeping of who and when changes were made.  MO

Perhaps there is a table of what is current, with no record of what was yesterday, or last month.

Perhaps there is a monthly record of "what is" at month end, but with no idea who or when changes were made.  One would need to compare the month end differences to determine 'if' a change was made.  

Perhaps there is a monthly record that shows who may have made a change, but not if and what changes were made.  Think of the times you are asked to confirm something on the computer - answer either "Y/N" - even if you have made no change, but just hit enter.  Would that transaction be recorded?  Would someone know who, when, and what, if anything was changed?

Some old applications recorded not only who (user id), but when, and what was changed.  Newer systems, the law, and big companies require better record keeping of changes.  Older systems kept track of changes by limiting access to tables, perhaps not recording what, who, and why.  MO

But, one would have to know what the application was.  It is strange that the records were lost.  I have to wonder "How?"  What does 'lost' mean exactly?  What kind of system was/is being used?  How hard / easy would it be to 'lose' something?  Or, does 'lose' mean we can't explain the who, what, and when of the loss?  

Who manages the phone service in Aruba?  What kind of software/systems are in use?  Is it old with a newer front end?  Or, something new and modern?  Younger people do not learn 20+ year old languages.  It's often left to a dying group of individuals.  JMHO

In older systems, changes may become lost with time and hard to trace.  Files overwritten, storage space overwritten.  The longer the time that passes, the harder it is to reconstruct.  JMHO

Just my thoughts.  The phone records have always been interesting to me.  Does that make sense to you?  Can you see how records could be changed?  Would a customer service person printing off a list of calls really know the links behind the bill they are printing?  JMHO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.