March 28, 2024, 04:22:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #615 5/7 - 5/8/2007  (Read 169060 times)
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #520 on: May 08, 2007, 09:52:09 AM »

I just read this at RU. Shocked I hope Ramm isn't in any trouble.Does anyone know if he could be breaking any copyright law?

xxjenniferdawnxx wrote:
These don't seem like chapter summaries to me. Looks like whoever it was went through to translate and paraphrase each paragraph or so. Is that breaking copyright?

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: May 08, 2007, 09:53:38 AM »

Some of the ying yangs at other sites are squawking about copyright infringement now that they don’t like the contents of the book. lol

What is the name of that school Joran attends and do we know if it lets out for summer?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: May 08, 2007, 09:55:58 AM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
I just read this at RU. Shocked I hope Ramm isn't in any trouble.Does anyone know if he could be breaking any copyright law?

xxjenniferdawnxx wrote:
These don't seem like chapter summaries to me. Looks like whoever it was went through to translate and paraphrase each paragraph or so. Is that breaking copyright?

Anyone that posts at RU is FOS.  I notice that they are on an all out mission to discredit the MB kids again.

From what I've read from the Dutch posters, copywrite laws in the NL are not as strict as in the US.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #523 on: May 08, 2007, 09:58:20 AM »

Also looks like Guido gave statements on 6-3-2005, 6-7-2005, and 6-8-2005.

It doesn't look like he left Aruba in the blink of an eye. He did give a statement in Holland on 6-23-2005. So he was in Holland by then.

Both Gottenbos boys questioned on 6-16-2005.

Sander again on 6-17-2005.

Koen again on 6-20-2005.

Mr. Luis Ramirez again on 6-28-2005. (step father).

Lorenzo on 6-28-2005.

Raphael Solongier (car search statement) on 6-30-2005. Possible relation to Rufo Solongier and Steve Croes.

Soccorro Bermundez Solongier 7-9-2005(Witness statement), possible relation to Rufo Solongier and Steve Croes.

Mark Trappenburg and a Mark Tappenburg possible typo here and a possible relation to Reuben Trappenburg.
Both 7-9-2005 witness statement and security supervisor at the Marriott.

Soccorro Solangier (witness statement) again on 7-13-2005. Possible typo.

Sorry if these have been discussed, some of this is new to me.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: May 08, 2007, 09:58:49 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

xxjenniferdawnxx wrote:

Anyone that posts at RU is FOS.  I notice that they are on an all out mission to discredit the MB kids again.

From what I've read from the Dutch posters, copywrite laws in the NL are not as strict as in the US.

Hey I post there sometimes.I'm not FOS Laughing  Laughing  Laughing But agree 99% of them are.

I hope Ramm knows if it's ok or not.I'm assuming he does.

the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #525 on: May 08, 2007, 09:59:33 AM »

Kidnapped

tidycat writes: "Lala's Mom, 5/7/07, this am, said something to the effect that she remembered early in the cases Beth said she knew Natalee had been kidnapped. I just wanted to throw in that at one time I had a copy of the photo of the very first poster Beth put up which said Natalee had been kidnapped. The poster was soon changed to say she was "missing."

Yes.  The very first set of posters Beth put up on Aruba had "KIDNAPPED" as headline.  She was told, by polis (I believe) to take them down.

They were replaced by a "Call Me, Hootie" poster, and then later by "Missing" posters.

"Beth said she **knew** Natalee had been kidnapped."  Now how do we think she "knew" that.  Was this a mother's premonition or intuition at work? Was it a "feeling"?  Was she ignoring the building signs that Natalee was likely dead?  All these things need to placed in their context during the times when they were unfolding and viewed and assessed though a prism which holds that which was known then, by her.  And places aside pertinent facts which emerged later, but could not have been known then.

So, how did Beth **know** Natalee was kidnapped?

Yesterday, Kermit helpfully delivered a long and detailed post listing comments from various sources, as well as news reports regarding "phone calls" made during the early hours of the case.  This post is worth a read.

Recognizing the phone call issue is a source of much confusion and unhelpful debate here, let's say that there are some who believe there is  more to this than others.  I am a subscriber to that pov for now, and have been for quite a while.

During the meeting the HT family had, and opened the floor to questions re phone calls, both San and msmarples have accurately relayed what was said which seems to be at odds with other phone call interpretations.  But I don't believe any of the early statements re phone calls and Mica the Monkey have been "retracted" -- I think instead they have simply receded to the background as this long story drags on.  And it could very well be that the issue of "Kidnapped and Phone Call" has been purposefully downplayed during the last year or so --

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #526 on: May 08, 2007, 10:00:07 AM »

xxjenniferdawnxx wrote:

At FOB they are going after Beth and the reward money again.  Funny ain't it?
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: May 08, 2007, 10:02:03 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

xxjenniferdawnxx wrote:

It is funny..anything to take the focus off the delicious sporter. Very Happy

At FOB they are going after Beth and the reward money again.  Funny ain't it?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: May 08, 2007, 10:03:26 AM »

Quote from: "the big hammer"
Kidnapped

tidycat writes: "Lala's Mom, 5/7/07, this am, said something to the effect that she remembered early in the cases Beth said she knew Natalee had been kidnapped. I just wanted to throw in that at one time I had a copy of the photo of the very first poster Beth put up which said Natalee had been kidnapped. The poster was soon changed to say she was "missing."

Yes.  The very first set of posters Beth put up on Aruba had "KIDNAPPED" as headline.  She was told, by polis (I believe) to take them down.

They were replaced by a "Call Me, Hootie" poster, and then later by "Missing" posters.

"Beth said she **knew** Natalee had been kidnapped."  Now how do we think she "knew" that.  Was this a mother's premonition or intuition at work? Was it a "feeling"?  Was she ignoring the building signs that Natalee was likely dead?  All these things need to placed in their context during the times when they were unfolding and viewed and assessed though a prism which holds that which was known then, by her.  And places aside pertinent facts which emerged later, but could not have been known then.

So, how did Beth **know** Natalee was kidnapped?

Yesterday, Kermit helpfully delivered a long and detailed post listing comments from various sources, as well as news reports regarding "phone calls" made during the early hours of the case.  This post is worth a read.

Recognizing the phone call issue is a source of much confusion and unhelpful debate here, let's say that there are some who believe there is  more to this than others.  I am a subscriber to that pov for now, and have been for quite a while.

During the meeting the HT family had, and opened the floor to questions re phone calls, both San and msmarples have accurately relayed what was said which seems to be at odds with other phone call interpretations.  But I don't believe any of the early statements re phone calls and Mica the Monkey have been "retracted" -- I think instead they have simply receded to the background as this long story drags on. And it could very well be that the issue of "Kidnapped and Phone Call" has been purposefully downplayed during the last year or so --

Hammer - I agree
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: May 08, 2007, 10:03:57 AM »

I don't know how that happened Laughing

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: May 08, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »

The most interesting thing to me about the early posters was Julia Renfro’s involvement and her cell numbers were actually used on the posters.  Man was that a mistake given what we know now.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #531 on: May 08, 2007, 10:08:21 AM »

I also agree Hammer. They sounds of the monkey Mica appear to have made Beth's conclusion possible. As we all know, she is trained to recognize specific sounds and frequencies.

Something, IMO, happened at that house and only Paulus appears to have been home when it happened if the gardener is to be believed and I do believe the gardener.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #532 on: May 08, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »

The most interesting thing to me about the early posters was Julia Renfro’s involvement and her cell numbers were actually used on the posters.  Man was that a mistake given what we know now.

indeed!

+++

greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: May 08, 2007, 10:10:02 AM »

What really gets me is those posters know Julia was the inspiration for those early posters but keep blaming Beth.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #534 on: May 08, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »

by the way, I found four different numbers registered to her, and the one on the poster appears to have been set up for that poster. It was not registered anywhere.

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: May 08, 2007, 10:13:02 AM »

What really gets me is those posters know Julia was the inspiration for those early posters but keep blaming Beth.

Yes they do know that, but it doesn't suit their agenda so they turn a blind eye to that news.  What's her name never sets them straight either.  She just doesn't comment and moves on to some new slander.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #536 on: May 08, 2007, 10:14:58 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"

by the way, I found four different numbers registered to her, and the one on the poster appears to have been set up for that poster. It was not registered anywhere.

If any calls were made to that number, would we even know?  If the call came in late, would she even remember taking the call?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: May 08, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »

If any calls were made to that number, would we even know?  If the call came in late, would she even remember taking the call?

No and No
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #538 on: May 08, 2007, 10:17:25 AM »

Easy-
Well, the question is not would 'we know', but would anyone in authority know? She could have gotten the tips and discarded them.

Funny, I don't see a statement for her anywhere... does anyone else?

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: May 08, 2007, 10:19:32 AM »

Easy-
Well, the question is not would 'we know', but would anyone in authority know? She could have gotten the tips and discarded them.

Funny, I don't see a statement for her anywhere... does anyone else?

I think I saw one, but that was a big read and I could be mistaken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.