March 28, 2024, 05:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #615 5/7 - 5/8/2007  (Read 169070 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: May 08, 2007, 10:22:45 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
The most interesting thing to me about the early posters was Julia Renfro’s involvement and her cell numbers were actually used on the posters.  Man was that a mistake given what we know now.

by the way, I found four different numbers registered to her, and the one on the poster appears to have been set up for that poster. It was not registered anywhere.

If any calls were made to that number, would we even know?  If the call came in late, would she even remember taking the call?

Easy-
Well, the question is not would 'we know', but would anyone in authority know? She could have gotten the tips and discarded them.

Funny, I don't see a statement for her anywhere... does anyone else?

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #541 on: May 08, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »

Morning monkeys.  Just trying to get my bearings on what everyone is discussing today.  If I may. what was the final consensous on Paulus'  family tree from last night?  Did you guys decide about his brothers?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: May 08, 2007, 10:27:56 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Morning monkeys.  Just trying to get my bearings on what everyone is discussing today.  If I may. what was the final consensous on Paulus'  family tree from last night?  Did you guys decide about his brothers?

EASY - posted some information a couple pages back with VDS family names.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #543 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:09 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Yes. I saw that.  After reading it, I may have skimmed too quickly, I was  under the impression that everyone had concluded that he didn't have any brothers or at the least not one named Marco.  I guess I was mistaken.  I have my reasons for asking. Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:47 AM »

Yes. I saw that.  After reading it, I may have skimmed too quickly, I was  under the impression that everyone had concluded that he didn't have any brothers or at the least not one named Marco.  I guess I was mistaken.  I have my reasons for asking. Thanks.

Sounds like he doesn't have a brother named Marco but who really knows?
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: May 08, 2007, 10:34:12 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Here is the original Kidanpped poster

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: May 08, 2007, 10:40:25 AM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
I just read this at RU. Shocked I hope Ramm isn't in any trouble.Does anyone know if he could be breaking any copyright law?

xxjenniferdawnxx wrote:
These don't seem like chapter summaries to me. Looks like whoever it was went through to translate and paraphrase each paragraph or so. Is that breaking copyright?

Anyone that posts at RU is FOS.  I notice that they are on an all out mission to discredit the MB kids again.

From what I've read from the Dutch posters, copywrite laws in the NL are not as strict as in the US.

Notice they're squawking about this right before Ramm gets to the chapter on Natalee. This is where Joran's going to chewed up on all his lies. As far as I can tell he is only doing a review of each chapter, hardly a copyright infringement.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #547 on: May 08, 2007, 10:41:57 AM »

Think I need more coffee.. should be Kidnapped   Shocked  

GEL, I don't think there is copyright infringement involved. Ramm purchased the book & is not translating it word for word. The goon child supporters just need something else to gripe about.

ARUBA
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #548 on: May 08, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »

I believe that Marco is his brother, but Ko is not. Pronounced KOE.

Marco is the person in the VVD party and Ko is the professor of computer science at Tilburg.

Kermit and some others found that info and I believe most of it is correct, but who knows.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: May 08, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"

Notice they're squawking about this right before Ramm gets to the chapter on Natalee. This is where Joran's going to chewed up on all his lies. As far as I can tell he is only doing a review of each chapter, hardly a copyright infringement.

From what I've read, it sounds more like a book report with some quotes in it. It certainly doesn't seem like a word-for-word translation.

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #550 on: May 08, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »

It is interesting to read Deepak's June 9 and June 10 statements at the same time.  The tone of his story changes repeatedly in each.  On June 9, Deepak was sticking to hie HI story like glue.  He talks about Steve being a witness and thinks that lie wi going to work and things will be okay.  Then by the next day, he singing a different tune.  As Shango would say, "his cards have already been dealt and he didn't receive a good hand."  

These statements seem to have so much left out of them.  Notice by June 10 it was then 13:45 hours.  Joran has already been questioned and things are starting to fall apart by now.   They told Deepak that Joran was trying to place the blame on him.  Suddenly Deeapk is suffering from that common disease in Aruba...can't rememberitis.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: May 08, 2007, 10:44:29 AM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
I just read this at RU. Shocked I hope Ramm isn't in any trouble.Does anyone know if he could be breaking any copyright law?

xxjenniferdawnxx wrote:
These don't seem like chapter summaries to me. Looks like whoever it was went through to translate and paraphrase each paragraph or so. Is that breaking copyright?

Anyone that posts at RU is FOS.  I notice that they are on an all out mission to discredit the MB kids again.

From what I've read from the Dutch posters, copywrite laws in the NL are not as strict as in the US.

If what he is doing is copyright infringement, then every book reviewer in the world is guilty of that.  

The only reason they are bitchin is because of the unmistakable crap the book spews and it only makes Joran look more guilty.IMO

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #552 on: May 08, 2007, 10:47:21 AM »

I believe that Marco is his brother, but Ko is not. Pronounced KOE.

Marco is the person in the VVD party and Ko is the professor of computer science at Tilburg.

Kermit and some others found that info and I believe most of it is correct, but who knows.

Thanks.  I just wanted to make sure we didn't stray away from that information.  I knew the answer to the question before I asked. Wonder how often ALE could day that?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #553 on: May 08, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »

Sounds like he doesn't have a brother named Marco but who really knows?

Jossy said he did.  I go with Jossy.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: May 08, 2007, 10:51:09 AM »

Ever notice how some people on some message boards just can’t deal with the reality of this case and immediately try to shift attention away from their favorite son?  It is such a repetitive process that it has become laughable.  None of them can read Joran’s words and admit that the kid is one big time loser with some serious psychological problems.  They don’t even bother to try and defend his words.  They just start to take swings at the victim’s family.  It’s interesting…….

I feel bad for someone with problems... but his parents neglected those problems and allowed what happened to happen.

We all have problems....seeing a psychologist isn't the stigma it once was.

Not everyone who sees a psychologist is a mental case. But is more commonly someone that doesn't have the answers to the problems they face. Anything can bring on psychological problems.. death of a loved one, a divorce, loss of a job, all kinds of stuff... even the loss of a pet.

In a way it is a sign of strength to get help and deal with your problems instead of shucking them on others and allowing all kinds of bad things to happen because someone is not able to deal with perception that others may view them poorly.

In Joran's case, he just decides he does not want to be bothered. He could care less what others think about him.

That's because he thinks he is the center of the universe!

His parents sure went all out to enable the kid and make excuses for his bad behavior.  I wonder how his brothers are getting along with others in school, etc.

Joran = Passive aggressive behavior, similar to the Virginia Tech shooter.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: May 08, 2007, 10:51:09 AM »

Do we know where the various suspects and witnesses are...?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: May 08, 2007, 10:52:15 AM »

From FOB
Dana Pretzer/Jossy Mansur Dec. 14/2006
<snip>

Dana:

One of the comments that came from your last interview with me Jossy, was your discussion regarding Paulus van der Sloot having a brother in the government in the Netherlands and I again talked to you about this, I've been swamped with those that have come to me and said "that's not true". Can we go over that part of it again, just to clarify please?

Jossy:

We have been informed from Holland, from our sources in Holland and if our sources are wrong we will apologize, we have no problems with that but our sources in Holland tell us he has a brother called Marco who's a member of the VVD Party and the party is in government and I think he's in some kind of committee for economic affairs but his party has always helped the government with defense and police (inaudible) that's as far as I can tell you about this.

ARUBA
Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #557 on: May 08, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »

Quote from: Rob
The most interesting thing to me about the early posters was Julia Renfro’s involvement and her cell numbers were actually used on the posters.  Man was that a mistake given what we know now.

by the way, I found four different numbers registered to her, and the one on the poster appears to have been set up for that poster. It was not registered anywhere.[/quote]

Rob...most likely a pre-paid cell number or SIM. At the time it was probably the most expedient thing to do for instant communications while on Aruba.

The Carribean, Central America and South America is 85% pre-paid as opposed to 85% post paid like it is here in the States. The bar for obtaining credit in those countries is much higher there than it is here.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Huh?? You mean I gotta board now??
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: May 08, 2007, 10:53:35 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"

If what he is doing is copyright infringement, then every book reviewer in the world is guilty of that.  

The only reason they are bitchin is because of the unmistakable crap the book spews and it only makes Joran look more guilty.IMO

I agree, Kimmy.  Anything that makes Joran look bad is actionable in a court of law.  That's what they've been threatening all along and then Joe Tacopina was hired to make it official and say it on television.  I remember him telling Greta that Jossy was senile and shouldn't be allowed to speak on Fox.  The way it was worded sounded to me like a threat of a lawsuit against Fox if they put Jossy on air.  

If posters on a message board discuss a book in detail, like an online book club, I doubt they could be sued for copyright infringment.  I don't see how this is any different.  It's not even printed in English.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #559 on: May 08, 2007, 11:01:51 AM »

Quote from: Atlmetroguy

by the way, I found four different numbers registered to her, and the one on the poster appears to have been set up for that poster. It was not registered anywhere.[/quote]

Rob...most likely a pre-paid cell number or SIM. At the time it was probably the most expedient thing to do for instant communications while on Aruba.

The Carribean, Central America and South America is 85% pre-paid as opposed to 85% post paid like it is here in the States. The bar for obtaining credit in those countries is much higher there than it is here.

Very possible Metro-
The other possibility I considered was the phone was registered / bought right around 6-2-2005 and obviously after all info for the phone books was in. It could have missed a cut off date for a book or internet listing. It happens all the time, as I'm sure you are aware.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.