April 24, 2024, 03:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heart risks added to Chantix health concerns  (Read 6438 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 05, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/07/05/chantix.smoking.suicide/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Heart risks added to Chantix health concerns

By Madison Park, CNN
July 5, 2011 -- Updated 1449 GMT (2249 HKT)

(CNN) -- A study published Monday in a Canadian journal concluded that smokers who take Chantix, one of the most popular smoking cessation drugs, could increase their risk of heart problems.

Chantix (varenicline) could raise the risk of heart attacks and irregular heartbeats, said one of the study authors, Dr. Sonal Singh, an assistant professor of general internal medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

The heart problems are the latest in a growing list of concerns raised by patient reports, lawsuits and studies since the drug's approval in 2006.

::snipping2::

The first two people I knew who used Chantix each were able to quit smoking but each had a heart attack.  They lived but still it was enough for me NOT to choose it as a drug to help ME quit smoking.  I ended up quitting anyway bust used the patch and gum.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.