April 19, 2024, 12:14:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - Verdict Aftermath and Disappointment 7/6/2011  (Read 462404 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1460 on: July 07, 2011, 12:44:10 AM »

http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/article1179177.ece

::snipping2::
It took six weeks before the case finally went to the jury. They were sent back into the jury room at 12:10 p.m. Monday — the Fourth of July.

After finding Casey Anthony guilty of four counts of lying to law enforcement ("A gimme," said Juror No. 2) they discussed the most serious charge: first-degree murder. There are only two sentences: life in prison without parole or death by lethal injection.
The first vote was 10-2 against first-degree murder.

"We didn't know how she died, we didn't know when she died," said Juror No. 2, who was one of the 10. "Technically, we didn't even know where she died.

"You couldn't say who did it. To me, that's why it was aggravated manslaughter of a child."
That was the next charge the jury could have found 25-year-old Casey Anthony guilty of. It carries a sentence of up to 15 years in prison. Juror No. 2 believed the mother was guilty of "culpable negligence" as required of that charge. He wasn't alone.

The vote on Tuesday was 6-6 for manslaughter. The two sides hardened. They started talking over one another. The jury foreman calmed them all down.

Here the defense's theory was key: They told the jury that Caylee accidentally drowned and the family tried to cover it up. But the defense also accused George Anthony of sexually abusing his daughter Casey — a charge he denied. The defense said the abuse trained Casey Anthony to lie and live in denial.

The jury didn't believe anything George Casey said on the stand, according to Juror No. 2.

But more importantly to the jurors who opposed the manslaughter charge, no one could say who was Caylee's caretaker — the mother or the grandparents — when the child actually died.

If it was murder, who did it? If she died accidentally, then who was the child's caretaker?

But Juror No. 2 didn't buy that.

"The six that voted guilty said it didn't matter at what point in time she came home and found out her daughter was missing," he said. "She had to report it in some way, shape or form, and that's where the negligence came in."

But some jurors, he said, had decided not to convict Casey Anthony of any charge in the girl's death. By lunch Tuesday, the guilty side started to lose votes.

Juror No. 2 was the last holdout. Deliberations lasted for 11 hours over two days. They filed into court at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday to hand over their verdict.

How do you go from voting for first degree murder to not guilty?  I don't get that at all!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1461 on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:17 AM »

I will never spend a dime on any book or movie that the Anthony's are part of..I will not support a baby killer.

Not even if they sold it for a penny on E-Bay. F THE ENTIRE ANTHONY CLAN - I hope they all burn in hell. Just sayin...

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1462 on: July 07, 2011, 12:46:38 AM »

Oh, I hope Jeff Ashton is thinking of running for public office.  So far today he's been on...

1.  Today
2.  The View
3.  Dr. Drew
4.  Greta

And I bet he didn't ask to be paid for any of those appearances.
He was also on InSession with a one-hour interview with Beth Karras (spelling?).  What a classy man .
Thanks!  I agree.  Jeff was a warrior for Caylee.  The state of Florida will miss him working these cases.

Yes, the State of Florida has lost an excellent, history-making, prosecutor.

Have we heard anything about what Jeff plans to do in his future?

Was he going to retire after this case - no matter which way the jury decision went?

I read on here earlier that he was going to retire in Jan of this year but decided to see the trial through first.

TY.  So it was a pre-planned retirement?

Interesting.  He's only 53.  What's he going to do now?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1463 on: July 07, 2011, 12:46:53 AM »

I agree Carpe...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1464 on: July 07, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »

Michael Tomas Duggan, age 28

Michael Tomas Duggan

Winter Park, FL
Orlando, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL     Sarah J Duggan

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=1&formname=name&qf=michael&qmi=P&qn=Duggan&qcs=orlando%2C+florida&focusfirst=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this is the boyfriend.  Thomas is his grandfather, that would explain the middle name.
Michaels' Sister is Sarah J Duggan.  This is unconclusive but a good match, other than he does not a "P" for a middle initial.
He would be about 28 now if he lived.
Perhaps his Dad lived in Florida? 
This person was discussed a few weeks ago and lots of links found about the family.  The 'father' is in jail in Florida.  He had a sex-change operation and is now going by a female name.  Sry, can't remember it.  The siste r that was in the accident later died.  IIRC, the mom said that he would visit his father in FL every now and then.  He worked for a moving company out of TN I believe.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1465 on: July 07, 2011, 12:47:25 AM »

According to #2 -- it was 10-2 "not guilty" on the FIRST vote. They left their notebooks on their chairs and NEVER asked for ANY evidence reviews. There were NO deliberations or looking at the case. They only pressured the sensible jurors to GO HOME. I was on a jury where the felony assault trial lasted only 5 hours (pretty much open and shut). We deliberated 5 hours and asked for 3 additional read backs from the judge before making a decision. This is a travesty.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1466 on: July 07, 2011, 12:48:54 AM »

Bidding War Over Casey Anthony Tell-All Book

But it is being reported that book publishers in New York are in a bidding war to land Anthony’s tell-all book. The price tag is up to $3 million, according to ABC News.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/bidding-war-over-casey-anthony-tell-all-book-51941/
somehow, I don't think they are going to buy "the nanny did it" either.. they will want her to write crap about daddy and lee creepin and feelin on her.. yuck on all of them

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1467 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:27 AM »

Oh, I hope Jeff Ashton is thinking of running for public office.  So far today he's been on...

1.  Today
2.  The View
3.  Dr. Drew
4.  Greta

And I bet he didn't ask to be paid for any of those appearances.
He was also on InSession with a one-hour interview with Beth Karras (spelling?).  What a classy man .
Thanks!  I agree.  Jeff was a warrior for Caylee.  The state of Florida will miss him working these cases.

Yes, the State of Florida has lost an excellent, history-making, prosecutor.

Have we heard anything about what Jeff plans to do in his future?

Was he going to retire after this case - no matter which way the jury decision went?

I read on here earlier that he was going to retire in Jan of this year but decided to see the trial through first.

TY.  So it was a pre-planned retirement?

Interesting.  He's only 53.  What's he going to do now?
I think he is going into his own private practice, I thought alot about Ashton he was so tired, I also heard he teaches DNA also
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1468 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:41 AM »

It took six weeks before the case finally went to the jury. They were sent back into the jury room at 12:10 p.m. Monday — the Fourth of July.

After finding Casey Anthony guilty of four counts of lying to law enforcement ("A gimme," said Juror No. 2) they discussed the most serious charge: first-degree murder. There are only two sentences: life in prison without parole or death by lethal injection.

"We didn't know how she died, we didn't know when she died," said Juror No. 2, who was one of the 10. "Technically, we didn't even know where she died.

"You couldn't say who did it. To me, that's why it was aggravated manslaughter of a child."
That was the next charge the jury could have found 25-year-old Casey Anthony guilty of. It carries a sentence of up to 15 years in prison. Juror No. 2 believed the mother was guilty of "culpable negligence" as required of that charge. He wasn't alone.

The vote on Tuesday was 6-6 for manslaughter. The two sides hardened. They started talking over one another. The jury foreman calmed them all down.

Here the defense's theory was key: They told the jury that Caylee accidentally drowned and the family tried to cover it up. But the defense also accused George Anthony of sexually abusing his daughter Casey — a charge he denied. The defense said the abuse trained Casey Anthony to lie and live in denial.

The jury didn't believe anything George Casey said on the stand, according to Juror No. 2.

But more importantly to the jurors who opposed the manslaughter charge, no one could say who was Caylee's caretaker — the mother or the grandparents — when the child actually died.

If it was murder, who did it? If she died accidentally, then who was the child's caretaker?

"The six that voted guilty said it didn't matter at what point in time she came home and found out her daughter was missing," he said. "She had to report it in some way, shape or form, and that's where the negligence came in."

But some jurors, he said, had decided not to convict Casey Anthony of any charge in the girl's death. By lunch Tuesday, the guilty side started to lose votes.

Juror No. 2 was the last holdout. Deliberations lasted for 11 hours over two days. They filed into court at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday to hand over their verdict.

How do you go from voting for first degree murder to not guilty?  I don't get that at all!

I call bullchit on this.  They came to court on Tuesday dressed up and ready to go home.  They'd made their minds up on that first day.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1469 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:50 AM »

According to #2 -- it was 10-2 "not guilty" on the FIRST vote. They left their notebooks on their chairs and NEVER asked for ANY evidence reviews. There were NO deliberations or looking at the case. They only pressured the sensible jurors to GO HOME. I was on a jury where the felony assault trial lasted only 5 hours (pretty much open and shut). We deliberated 5 hours and asked for 3 additional read backs from the judge before making a decision. This is a travesty.

I agree!  Something is very wrong with what happened with this jury

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1470 on: July 07, 2011, 12:51:16 AM »

I call bullchit on this.  They came to court on Tuesday dressed up and ready to go home.  They'd made their minds up on that first day.
They talked about this case all along so it wasnt no surprise remember 1 juror had a cruise tomorrow hope it storms the whole trip
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1471 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53:43 AM »

Now when I think Disney World... I will think of Caylee dead in a Disney bag in a swamp. (and go somewhere else)

Thanks for the memories ABC Disney! Never forget ya for this.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1472 on: July 07, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »

I have been thinking about this since yesterday after the verdict was read.  I'm wondering since KC is a spiteful biotch does anyone think that the people that testified against her, the police, prosecution, etc should fear that she may come after them one day?  Just thinking out loud.
I was telling my family yesterday that if I was anyone connected with this case, i would get a restraining order to keep her away from me

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1473 on: July 07, 2011, 12:55:45 AM »

If a network or a station pays for you, a jury member, and all your relatives to go to DisneyWorld or whatever, isn't that a gift and taxable by the IRS for the cost of all that was rendered?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1474 on: July 07, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/r-slideshow/28466997/detail.html

Jurors for the Casey Anthony trial were sequestered at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel, court officials confirmed. The hotel assisted with security, provided state rates, kept jurors in designated areas and restricted cable channels at no additional cost. Dining areas also guaranteed privacy, the court said.

Pictures of Hotel @ link

I am still concerned with the bolded above.  If the hotel security had actual access to the jury was it always in the presence of a court deputy or was it instead of.  Additionally, that's a huge hotel with who knows how many staff, surely they checked the backgrounds of all employees who would come in contact with the jury.  Wouldn't they? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1475 on: July 07, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »

Lawyers, jurors, and Casey Anthony herself all cash-in on their involvement in the murder trial

Also Wednesday, TMZ released a letter from Juror #6, Brian Berling, saying that he's willing to be interviewed "so long as the opportunities are paid."

ABC also billed a one-on-one with Barbara Walters and Jose Baez as "exclusive" during World News Tonight, but attorney Fitzgibbons says those who want to cash-in should act fast.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/200008/8/Cashing-in-on-Casey-Anthony

Sounds to me like Bobo got paid big to sit down with Babs tonight. 
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1476 on: July 07, 2011, 12:57:08 AM »

they used the defenses opening and closing for evidence as proof caylee died of an accident
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1477 on: July 07, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »

What time tomorrow? Too bad we can't give Mason the bird and i don't mean a hawk.

Hannity is really off base. No real knowledge of the case. He should lay off.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1478 on: July 07, 2011, 12:57:22 AM »

Well, as JBP loved to say, They and they alone, will have to live with their decisions for the rest of their lives.

Their decisions did not affect Caylee.  Unfortunately, she is already dead.  In their minds, they could not hurt her further by freeing her killer.  I think sequestering a jury for 6-8 weeks is torture and this will happen again and again.  They are bound to talk. 

My only hope now is something horrible happens to the wench, her mother, her brother, and every last member of that slimy defense team, especially Simms, Jar, and Bobo. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1479 on: July 07, 2011, 12:59:41 AM »

What??? OM Goodness Who was the caretaker when Caylee died?  A duh   Well if Cindy was then she'd be up for murder.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.