April 23, 2024, 01:26:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - JUSTICE DENIED #1 7/8/11  (Read 373477 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 08, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:33:15 AM by klaasend » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:56:05 AM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/125199389.html
Fueled by verdict anger, push for 'Caylee's Law' starts in Pa., N.J.
July 8, 2011

The national wildfire known as "Caylee's Law" has come to Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Legislators in both states are drafting proposed laws - in response to public uproar over the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial - that would oblige parents and guardians to promptly report the death or disappearance of a child.

The overnight push for new laws has some lawmakers and legal experts cautioning against "knee-jerk" legislation.

::snipping2::

Michelle Crowder of Oklahoma, inspired by a "Caylee's Law" proposal on Facebook, created a petition for a federal version of such a law on the website Change.org. Crowder wants to make it a felony for parents or caretakers not to report a child's death within one hour or a child's disappearance within 24 hours. The petition had attracted 443,707 supporting votes as of late Thursday afternoon.

By then, versions of "Caylee's Law" were afoot in Congress and seven state capitals, including Trenton and Harrisburg.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:10:36 AM »

http://www.christianpost.com/news/casey-anthonys-defense-was-paid-by-state-of-florida-51991/
The Christian Post > Living|Thu, Jul. 07 2011 09:53 PM EDT
Casey Anthony's Defense Was Paid by State of Florida
Death penalty cases rack up millions
By R. Leigh Coleman | Christian Post Reporter

Trials are expensive, but death penalty cases costs the state millions.
As the emotional smoke clears, some have started to question why Casey Anthony's defense was publicly financed through the Justice Administrative Commission in Florida.

Anthony’s defense team filed a motion early in the case asking that the judge confirm her indigent status, essentially ordering the State of Florida to pay her legal defense fees and expenses.

Her legal team maintains they must provide a comprehensive and competent defense “against the open checkbook enjoyed by the prosecution in this murder case,” according to lead attorney Jose Baez in an interview.

Once it was decided by the Orange County Clerk's office that Casey Anthony was indigent then all those involved in the case have right to counsel – not just any counsel – but effective counsel.

Though the Anthony trial is over, the costs are still coming in, including protection and security for the Anthony family provided by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 06:12:55 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/28481802/detail.html
Updated: 5:45 am EDT July 8, 2011
Orange County corrections officials said late Thursday they had recalculated Casey's release date. With time served and credit for good behavior, she is now due out on July 17, her 1,007th day in jail.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 06:43:40 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28472290/detail.html
Casey Anthony To Be Released July 17
Anthony Found Guilty Of Lying To Law Enforcement
POSTED: Thursday, July 7, 2011
UPDATED: 11:20 pm EDT July 7, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony will walk out of the Orange County Jail next Sunday, July 17 after being sentenced to four years in jail for lying to investigators.

Anthony was sentenced to one year in jail on each count to be served consecutively as well as a $1,000 fine per count.

Around 11:30 a.m. Thursday, court spokeswoman Karen Levey announced Anthony's estimated release date will be next Wednesday. Jail spokesman Allen Moore said after further calcuations after her sentencing, Anthony's projected release date will be July 17. Moore said the date change was a result of the calculations being double checked.

"The defendant has been given credit for 1,043 days," Levey said.

Moore said Anthony had one visitor after her sentencing Thursday. A member of her defense team, William Slabaugh, spend about an hour with Anthony, said Moore.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:48:26 AM »

http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/
Casey's ex on Cindy, Caylee and crime
Casey's ex fiancé Jesse Grund talks to Dr. Drew to discuss the real Casey Anthony and his relationship with the Anthony family.
July 8th, 2011
02:19 AM ET

Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 06:59:48 AM »

They should recalculate again and change the year of her release. I don't see how they ever figured out to release her in July. I am also glad to hear the talent agency dropped Bozo like a hot potato. LOL

Does anyone else think that Lee got a new lawyer to file a civil suit against Casey? That is what I am thinking. There is no other reason to even retain a lawyer at this point that I can think of.

I also had a wild thought on the speculation of some that Casey had something to do with the joggers death (Nicole Ganguzza) from June 2008. What if the secret Lee promised to keep to CMA was that and he also was involved? They did say in the article below her death was sexually motivated.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18851529/detail.html JMO and thoughts.

Got to fix breakfast..back on later
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 07:04:19 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/07/casey.anthony.reality.tv/
Could Casey Anthony get a reality show?
July 7, 2011

(CNN) -- It started as soon as the not guilty verdict came down Tuesday for Casey Anthony.

People blogged it, celebs tweeted it, and court watchers thought about it and discussed it. You might have been wondering it yourself.

CNN.com comments were loaded with it, including one reader using the handle "Stevelb1" who summed it up succinctly: "I bet she gets a reality show now."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 07:11:16 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/07/casey.anthony.reality.tv/
Could Casey Anthony get a reality show?
July 7, 2011

(CNN) -- It started as soon as the not guilty verdict came down Tuesday for Casey Anthony.

People blogged it, celebs tweeted it, and court watchers thought about it and discussed it. You might have been wondering it yourself.

CNN.com comments were loaded with it, including one reader using the handle "Stevelb1" who summed it up succinctly: "I bet she gets a reality show now."

Ugh.. to show what it's like to rebuild your life after killing your child? 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 07:26:39 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8237448
Former Casey Anthony defense lawyer visits ABC7                               
Thursday, July 07, 2011

Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 07:28:08 AM »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/risky-business/talent-agency-decides-not-represent-208992
Talent Agency Decides Not to Represent Casey Anthony Lawyer Jose Baez (Exclusive)
Paradigm had signed the lawyer Thursday afternoon.
12:51 AM 7/8/2011 by Daniel Miller

Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez has been dropped by the talent agency that signed him earlier Thursday.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 07:42:19 AM »

2011.07.06 State of Florida's Motion for Special Court Costs & Investigation:
http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/MST13B6.pdf

2011.07.06 - Orlando Sentinel Motion To Intervene To Release Juror's Names:
http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/Motion%20to%20Intervene%20Orlando%20Sentinel.pdf

~ Peter Frampton
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 07:51:32 AM »

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20110707/APN/1107071032

An Alabama legislator says she will introduce a bill that would make it a felony crime for a parent, legal guardian or caretaker not to notify law enforcement authorities within one hour after the death of a child.

Givan said the bill would also require parents to report a missing child within 24 hours.

Question... Isn't it 24 hours to report somebody missing? That's how long you have to wait.  So they need to change that as well.  And LE needs to take reports more seriously, and not assume that the child has simply run away or went to a friend's house and simply forgot to call home.   

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »

Good morning monkeys! Great news... Paradigm informed Baez they won't represent him! I believe it was added to last night's thread but wanted to make sure everyone knows (in case you missed it). Yayyy!

See, we can make a difference...we do matter! If forums, blogs & social media were shrugged off before - they aren't anymore...especially those that cover missing persons cases! It is bc of ALL online social media that Caylee's Law is being presented in sooo many states. Yes, I think it'll be tweaked but it's an awesome cause! Plus Paradigm saying they will not represent Baez os from Social Media putting the pressure on them and their clients! Even though it's something small right now compared to the bigger things going on, it sure is a good feeling to make a difference!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/176449/20110708/jose-baez-paradigm-casy-anthony-caylee-florida-defense-lawyer.htm

Snipped:
Paradigm drops Casey Anthony’s lawyer Jose Baez within 5 hours of signing

By IB Times Staff Reporter | July 8, 2011 3:26 AM EDT

It seems Paradigm, the entertainment talent agency, signed and then unsigned Casey Anthony’s lawyer, Jose Baez, all within five hours, reports Deadline.com.

The talent company seemed to have a change of plan within a short period and when contacted by Deadline said, “it was not who we are.”

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 08:00:08 AM »

Sorry Trimm, I hadn't read tgis thread before I posted my last article. I didn't see you had the info too, different source.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 08:00:27 AM »

Fla. Caylee’s Law in the works
By PARADISE AFSHAR - pafshar@bradenton.com

Email Story
Printer Friendly

Reprint | License
Text Size:

MANATEE -- State Rep. Bill Hager, R-Boca Raton, is sponsoring a bill dubbed Caylee’s Law in reaction to the Casey Anthony trial.
If passed in the next legislative session, the law would make it a felony not to report a missing child to law enforcement.
“The purpose of my bill is two fold,” Hager said. “First to provide another arrow in the prosecutor’s quiver, in terms of prosecuting such matters in the future and number two, to remind all parents and guardians they need to immediately report a missing child.”
Hager said the month-long time lapse time for Anthony to report her daughter missing was the “dark cloud” that hovered over the case and one of the factors that inspired the proposed bill.

Read more: http://www.bradenton.com/2011/07/08/3331699/fla-caylees-law-in-the-works.html#ixzz1RVwXOAgO

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 08:00:45 AM »

John Morgan might have the rights for the first " interview " with Casey. He was on one of the shows last night. July 19 is the date. I don't know how she could get out of it.
Lee, who knows why he has a different lawyer. I don't know if he can sue anyone for anything. And I don't know if he is being sued by anyone.

People do have power and can exercise their rights to not support anything that promotes anyone involved with the charade of a trial and the DT. Can also express opnions.
I did see Mason on one of the shows, it was a clip where he was asked if Casey could live with him and he said for a few days. He was evasive. He has seen the compentency evaluation was what I was thinking. He was calculating how long he and his wife could stay awake in shifts. Casey is a high maintenance person and no one is going to get paid by the justice system to "protect " her. Think they are all BFF's now ? She might feel that way, but in reality, she was a client and they got paid.
I am not an advocate of viloence or any retaliation, but I have control over myself and can make a choice on what / who to watch or listen to. I can also comment and send emails to any company and or their advertisers who thinks that they can promote these persons and their bankrupt souls.
That seemed to work with Jose's agent. he will find another one, but he will always be the lawyer who defended a baby killer and used such a vile and dishonest defense. He didn't get her off because she was innocent, he doesn't have any legal skills. The number of persons that were harmed by their investigations and attempts to make them the suspects was immoral.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 08:02:30 AM »

Capitol Briefs
Second lawmaker plans to file ‘Caylee's La

Sen. Greg Treat on Thursday became the second legislator in as many days to announce plans to sponsor legislation that would make it a felony for adults not to report a child who is missing or dead. Treat, R-Oklahoma City, said his legislation would require parents or guardians to quickly notify authorities of a child's death or disappearance. Casey Anthony was sentenced Thursday in Florida to four years in prison for lying to investigators about the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, who was missing for 31 days in 2008 before her grandmother notified police. Anthony was acquitted earlier of murder and child abuse charges. Treat said he is looking at state statutes a

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-capitol-briefs/article/3583581#ixzz1RVx8g900

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=own_wall

We're at 600,000 and still counting...........

Caylee's Law                         an angelic monkey

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 08:05:50 AM »

Add Kentucky to the list for Caylee's law.  Heard on the new this morning it was introduced yesterday in the state.

an angelic monkey ::justice2NJ::

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.