March 28, 2024, 10:16:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - JUSTICE DENIED #2 7/09 - 7/10/11  (Read 318001 times)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »

Klaas I think we need a thread  for "state by state" so to speak who is going forward in trying to pass Caylee's law. 
So we can refer back and update the DATE Caylee's Law HAS passed in each state.
It would be a no discussion thread, only info.

Pleaseeeee.. an angelic monkey

I have created a forum for Caylee's Law - by State.  I've added sub boards to it for each state.  No verbage or info has been posted but anyone who knows of what is being done in any state can go ahead and add a topic under that particular state.  I will add info as I have time but wanted to first get the boards set up (good idea Pharlap).  It is in the same area the archived trial posts are, up above in the main Caylee forum.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=82.0

Thank you Klaas.  an angelic monkey
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »

Klaas, Red, or someone, please delete the first two entries i made under Mississippi for caylee's law, they were the wrong ones! I am about to post there the correct links to the mississippi petition for everyone to sign, Thank You! Monken

Monken, go ahead and post what you need to.  See my moderator's note in the Mississippi thread.  Muffy

Thank you Muffy! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:11 AM »

TRACY MCLAUGHLIN

DR. DREW
After the Anthony Verdict; Inside the Anthony Home
Aired July 8, 2011 - 21:00   ET

<snipped>

PINSKY: Well, you`re someone that has spent time with her and very few people have. What do you went down? What happened?

MCLAUGHLIN: What I think happened is she got in a fight with her mom. Cindy confronted her about stealing money from her grandmother. I think that`s coming out a little bit right now, but she got in a fight. I do believe she used chloroform. And in a fit of anger -- this is where I can`t guess if it was accidental. I mean, who should be putting chloroform to their child`s mouth in the first place? Accidental or on purpose. Put it in there.

PINSKY: And then, she, herself, disposed of the body?

MCLAUGHLIN: Yes. Well, she kept her in her trunk. To me, it`s so easy to figure out. Kept her in trunk, panicked, brought it back to the house, that`s when the duct tape went on, and that`s when the heart sticker - kidnapping, that`s what I`m going to do. That`s what she thought about. You know, had it in a trunk bag so it wasn`t smelling like, you know, people -- some friends had been by her car and they said they didn`t smell it. Well, OK, it didn`t smell yet.

When George almost got to the trunk with her gas cans, and she threw the gas cans out of -- I think she panicked then. Went down to her little spot, threw the body out, I think, the bag ripped, and that`s when that`s, you know, horrendous, smell was strong.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/08/ddhln.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/crime/professor-stands-by-his-evidence-in-casey-anthony-trial

Professor stands by his evidence in Casey Anthony trial
Dr. Haskell "shocked" by verdict
Updated: Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 12:08 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 11:52 PM EDT

RENSSELAER, Ind. (WLFI) - A forensic science professor from Rensselaer said he, like many others, were shocked at the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial this week.
 ::snipping2::

Once thing that is so disturbing about this verdict.. the state put on excellent witnesses who really know their stuff.  Baez put on a bunch of whack-a-doodles, and he still got his client off scott free.  How the hell does this happen?  I feel bad for this Dr. and the many others who took this case seriously.  They didn't spout of nonsense about coyotes, and act sloshed (or completely full of themselves) up on the stand. 
good morning.. that is just another thing that has me shaking my head and sighing deeply.... it was the pros vs the clown show and the clowns prevailed.. wtf???

Good morning Peeps--- Well, Flamom, Everybody loves a circus, apparently the 12 clowns who were together and called a jury loves a circus a lot and wanted to join this one. 

As I recall, the judge said that he, Baez and Mason would get together and decide how many more days Casey Anthony would have to serve. He said it should take about an hour. They came up with July 13th.  Now they say July 17th.  Does anyone believe that a judge and two lawyers would make such an elementary mistake?  I don't.  I think changing the public date is another hoax among many in this case and she will not be released on the 17th, but earlier.  IMO it's just another example of bending over backwards to accommodate Casey Anthony and protect her from facing any unpleasantness.  After all, she's a million dollar baby now.  But to me, she will always be a piece of worthless trash and so will her family who cooked up the whole scheme, IMO.  Baez isn't that smart.  But it is just desserts that Casey will have nothing to do with them now that the plan worked.  Poetic justice.  Too bad, Cindy.  I think she's slipped out of your grasp. And she's gonna be very, very rich.  But Cindy won't get any.
I love to see chickens coming home to roost.   

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:39 AM »

Thank you Trimm!  an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »

If you have not yet contacted your representative and senator..here's 2 easy links...easy instructions

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml house

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm senate.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »

Why was Tracy McLaughlin not called as a prosecution witness to testify.  Tracy account is not hearsay.  Tracy was there.  She observed.  She heard.

Tracy's testimony could have disputed the defence's opening statement that alleged that George was present when Caylee drowned ... the defence's opening statement that alleged that George was a participant in the disposal of Caylee's remains.

Janet

+++++

TRACY MCLAUGHLIN

DR. DREW

<snipped>

MCLAUGHLIN: We had -- I`ll go back to -- the first morning I was there, I woke up to George screaming at Casey.

PINSKY: The first morning?

MCLAUGHLIN: The very first morning.

PINSKY: What was he screaming about?

MCLAUGHLIN: "Where is my granddaughter? What have you done with her? I know you`re lying. Quit lying."

It was just this huge deal. "Quit lying to me. Where`s my granddaughter?"

<snipped>

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
lilme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »

If you have not yet contacted your representative and senator..here's 2 easy links...easy instructions

I sent to house.  But looks like the senate link is not a good one. Edit -correction per lilme, the link works.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:04:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »

Thank You!!
Was on line trying to find this stuff......
Sent 2 letters out......

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/crime/professor-stands-by-his-evidence-in-casey-anthony-trial

Professor stands by his evidence in Casey Anthony trial
Dr. Haskell "shocked" by verdict
Updated: Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 12:08 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 11:52 PM EDT

RENSSELAER, Ind. (WLFI) - A forensic science professor from Rensselaer said he, like many others, were shocked at the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial this week.
 ::snipping2::

Once thing that is so disturbing about this verdict.. the state put on excellent witnesses who really know their stuff.  Baez put on a bunch of whack-a-doodles, and he still got his client off scott free.  How the hell does this happen?  I feel bad for this Dr. and the many others who took this case seriously.  They didn't spout of nonsense about coyotes, and act sloshed (or completely full of themselves) up on the stand. 
good morning.. that is just another thing that has me shaking my head and sighing deeply.... it was the pros vs the clown show and the clowns prevailed.. wtf???

BIG SIGH

_____

lilme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »

I sent to house.  But looks like the senate link is not a good one. Edit to correct per lilme.  The link does work. 
oops my bad I really made a mess of that didn't I.  Link does work
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:05:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »

Why was Tracy McLaughlin not called as a prosecution witness to testify.  Tracy account is not hearsay.  Tracy was there.  She observed.  She heard.

Tracy's testimony could have disputed the defence's opening statement that alleged that George was present when Caylee drowned ... the defence's opening statement that alleged that George was a participant in the disposal of Caylee's remains.

Janet

+++++

TRACY MCLAUGHLIN

DR. DREW

<snipped>

MCLAUGHLIN: We had -- I`ll go back to -- the first morning I was there, I woke up to George screaming at Casey.

MCLAUGHLIN: "Where is my granddaughter? What have you done with her? I know you`re lying. Quit lying."

<snipped>

I watched that last night.. didnt move, didnt type.. she had my total attention and it was chilling..she had Tracy put the wristwatch on her ankle so they would match..wtf???
I seem to be thinking and writing wtf alot lately

Babybear, Bobo fumbled, faked, lied and lazyassed his way to a 'win'... I despise him

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »

Just posted on Alabama. A bill will be introduced in the next session.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »

Klaas I think we need a thread  for "state by state" so to speak who is going forward in trying to pass Caylee's law. 
So we can refer back and update the DATE Caylee's Law HAS passed in each state.
It would be a no discussion thread, only info.

Pleaseeeee.. an angelic monkey
I have created a forum for Caylee's Law - by State.  I've added sub boards to it for each state.  No verbage or info has been posted but anyone who knows of what is being done in any state can go ahead and add a topic under that particular state.  I will add info as I have time but wanted to first get the boards set up (good idea Pharlap).  It is in the same area the archived trial posts are, up above in the main Caylee forum.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=82.0

Great idea ... all contact info will be put in this so that we shall have the info needed for everyone to provide Justice for Caylee.

Do not let this little girl die in vane. We have not yet to fight Monkeys. This is not over by a long shot.
I will be calling N.Carolina's Government office to see what we are doing on this law, I am also praying that if it is past they will be able to apply it to AB and EB for not reporting poor Zahra does anyone know if this will be possible?
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »

TRACY MCLAUGHLIN

DR. DREW

<snipped>

PINSKY: Well, you`re someone that has spent time with her and very few people have. What do you went down? What happened?

MCLAUGHLIN: What I think happened is she got in a fight with her mom. Cindy confronted her about stealing money from her grandmother. I think that`s coming out a little bit right now, but she got in a fight. I do believe she used chloroform. And in a fit of anger -- this is where I can`t guess if it was accidental. I mean, who should be putting chloroform to their child`s mouth in the first place? Accidental or on purpose. Put it in there.

PINSKY: And then, she, herself, disposed of the body?

MCLAUGHLIN: Yes. Well, she kept her in her trunk. To me, it`s so easy to figure out. Kept her in trunk, panicked, brought it back to the house, that`s when the duct tape went on, and that`s when the heart sticker - kidnapping, that`s what I`m going to do. That`s what she thought about. You know, had it in a trunk bag so it wasn`t smelling like, you know, people -- some friends had been by her car and they said they didn`t smell it. Well, OK, it didn`t smell yet.

When George almost got to the trunk with her gas cans, and she threw the gas cans out of -- I think she panicked then. Went down to her little spot, threw the body out, I think, the bag ripped, and that`s when that`s, you know, horrendous, smell was strong.

<snipped>

I do agree with her wrt June 24th dumping Caylee's remains. When George was home and wanted his gas cans, KC panicked, drove down to Suburban Drive, threw the bags into the woods/swamp, drove back & threw the gas cans @ George and said "here's your *edit language* gas cans".

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2011, 11:49:32 AM »

Janet

+++++

TRACY MCLAUGHLIN

DR. DREW

<snipped>

<snipped>

I watched that last night.. didnt move, didnt type.. she had my total attention and it was chilling..she had Tracy put the wristwatch on her ankle so they would match..wtf???
I seem to be thinking and writing wtf alot lately

Babybear, Bobo fumbled, faked, lied and lazyassed his way to a 'win'... I despise him

Ditto!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2011, 11:52:53 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2011, 11:53:20 AM »

I just did in NY.

My question is: when are the next sessions?
I thought I read the other day that Florida's next session isn't until Feb. 2012.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

Whatever. Some monkeys may find this interesting... I'll post the whole section since FIJA hands this stuff out all the time.

http://nowscape.com/fija/_conjur.htm

FACING CHARGES AND CONSIDERING TRIAL BY JURY?

The following is not intended to substitute for competent legal assistance, nor is it to be construed as specific legal advice. However, we offer some observations which may be of general interest.

Ask to sign the relevant paperwork for a jury trial immediately upon being charged. You can decide not to follow through later on, but it's not always possible to regain your right to trial by jury once it's been lost.

The prosecutor may pressure you to accept a plea bargain, perhaps by threatening to escalate or multiply charges if you do not accept, or by assuring you that if you go before a jury, and lose, the punishment will be much worse than if they make a deal.

You may wish to resist such intimidation, if you believe injustice is being done to you. Consider that if you plead guilty to breaking an unpopular law, you lengthen the time that you and everyone else will be subject to it, because neither you nor a jury will have an opportunity to express your opinion of it. And if your plea "bargain" includes a felony count, you're also giving up--without a fight--your right to vote, or serve on a jury, hold public office, or own a firearm.

The so-called "FIJA defense", in which activists make a deliberate attempt to educate your trial jurors in their right to judge the law itself, and to vote on the verdict according to conscience, is gaining in popularity and effectiveness. We see more and more "hung juries" and outright acquittals of individuals charged with violating unpopular (usually political, or victimless crime) laws, or who were subjected to unconstitutional police procedures.

The first phase is to create an awareness in the community about the real extent of the power that jurors wield; the next is to supply detailed information directly to the jurors who will actually hear your case. The first phase can be done by calling in to radio talk shows, writing letters to the editor, leafleting, advertising--whatever your time and money will permit. The second is best done by getting friends, family, or fellow FIJA activists to show up at the courthouse when your jury is being selected, to hand "True or False?" or other materials to the incoming jury pool--which usually means being there from about 7:30 to 9:00 am.

Occasionally, leafleters will be hassled by the authorities, but to date no one has been convicted of anything for passing out FIJA brochures. In US v. Grace, 1983, the Supreme Court determined that the sidewalks around a courthouse are a "free speech zone", and it seems that the word has gotten around to most of the nation's courts, punctuated by the fact that in those few cases where arrests have been made, the authorities are now facing lawsuits...ore perhaps it's merely that prosecutors have reasoned (correctly) that if they arrest FIJA leafleters, the leaflets will have to be given to the leafleter's own jury as evidence...

You can also spread information which argues that the law you're accused of breaking is a poor one, at the same time you inform people about jury power. FIJA "combines well" with many "causes", especially those which involve reforming laws, although FIJA doesn't itself take sides on any law. NOTE: Distributing material pertaining to a particular law or case may increase the chances of being charged with jury tampering, so proceed at your own risk. We recommend that you only distribute FIJA literature in front of the courthouse.

You may be accused of an offense which does not invoke your right to trial by jury itself. FIJA has future plans to deal with this gross violation of your individual rights, but for the moment there is little that can be done. If you plan to break a law of one kind or another and "fight for justice in the courts" on behalf of one cause or another, therefore, it will pay you to check ahead of time to see what kind of offense you'll have to commit in order to get a trial by jury--and then make sure that jury is fully informed.

And don't expect it to be easy to make your argument in court. You may not even be allowed to tell the jury why you did it, let alone what's wrong with the law or what the Constitution says. The jury will hear and see only the evidence and testimony allowed by the judge, and further restricted by the prosecutor. And you'll be facing jurors who have been both told and sworn by the judge to "follow the law as given", and told they "should" (sometimes even "must") find you guilty if the evidence supports a conviction.

Under these circumstances, about the only way to "inform" the jury, once in court, is to hint at their power during voir dire (jury selection), then explain it during closing arguments--at least until the gavel slams down and you're threatened with contempt of court if you or your attorney continues! Take heed: contempt of court charges do not entail a trial by jury, just a show-cause hearing and judgment by the bench!

You're not so likely to be stopped or threatened with contempt if you use part of your jury selection time, opening and especially closing remarks to remind your jurors about their role as the "conscience of the community", how the jury is an important player in our system of justice, that the jury stands as an important buffer between the accused person and the power of the government, and that these are the reasons America uses jurors, not computers, to judge a case.

In short, without hitting the nail on the head and therefore being silenced, you're saying things which can help the jurors gain self confidence and a sense of power and independence--and gambling that some of them may begin considering about why they're there. Besides, everything you're saying is not only true, it shows your respect for the jurors and the jury system, which is something the prosecution is not likely to do.

If you need more information on how to inform your jurors during the trial, FIJA stocks and sells tapes of talks on the subject by attorney Tony Serra and law professor Steve Herzberg. They're intended primarily for other attorneys, but that could include your attorney--or you, if you plan to defend yourself pro se or pro per. To order, call FIJA National Headquarters at 406-793-5550. Or, if time is not of the essence, call FIJA's toll-free introductory information line, 1-800-TEL-JURY. After a short taped message, leave your name and address, and you will receive hard copy of this and other articles contained in the FIJA "Jury Power Information Kit", complete with an order blank which includes not only the tapes mentioned above, but many other useful materials and supplies.

Finally, if what you want from your jury trial is justice, then FIJA wishes you every success!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »

'Caylee's Law' Bill Planned In Pa.

PHILADELPHIA - There is a push for a federal "Caylee's law" making it a felony for parents to not report a missing child.

In the wake of Casey Anthony's acquittal on the most serious charges related to her daughter's death, "Caylee's law" has gained over 330,000 signatures on Change.org.

The petition was created by Michelle Crowder, of Oklahoma. In addition to making prompt notification of missing children mandatory, the petition also calls for strict penalties when parents do not quickly report the death of a child.

There are some questions about constitutionality of it.

But Philadelphia state Sen. Larry Farnese said on Facebook he plans to introduce his own "Caylee's law" legislation right here in Pennsylvania.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.