March 28, 2024, 01:28:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - JUSTICE DENIED #2 7/09 - 7/10/11  (Read 318022 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/07/casey-anthony-discussions-on-this-week-reliable-sources-sen-bill-nelson-on-face-the-nation.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29
Casey Anthony discussions on ‘This Week,’ ‘Reliable Sources’; Sen. Bill Nelson on ‘Face the Nation’
ABC, CNN, Caylee and Casey Anthony, Face the Nation, Fox, Fox News Sunday, Meet the Press, NBC, Reliable Sources, State of the Union, This Week, WESH, WFTV, WKMG, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on July, 9 2011 11:42 AM

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

I have one more comment of the day Smile

If Michael, supposedly, the father of Caylee Marie, (according, to claims from the new Grandma) if he supported his
Daughter, we may not be in this mess.  There are "two people" who make a baby, and the second one (if it is him), is at fault, too.

Caylee was a year and half, when Michael passed away, he had plenty of time to fight for his daughter in court, if he believed
he was her father.  The new grandma could and should have insisted that he pay child support, or she could have started a little savings for the child.

Please, remember, (hate me if you must), but their was a second person and that was the father and his mother who knew and
Did nothing to help Caylee.  IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »

If anybody has a question with regards to jury nullification, or jury tampering, you may find this link interesting...especially if you take into consideration the recent multiple interviews and their "choice" wording. Hmmm...I'm thinking Janet might love this bit of info...

http://nowscape.com/fija/_fija94.htm

WHAT, NEW FIJA BILL LANGUAGE?

After five years, you'd think we'd have settled by now on the "optimal" language for FIJA legislation. Frankly, we thought we had it down pretty pat, but then we read an academic article about our own efforts---constructive criticism--and put our thinking caps back on.

The article is by M. Kristine Creagan, and is titled "Jury Nullification: Recent Legislative Developments". It appeared in last winter's Case Western Reserve University Law Review. From it we excerpted and printed the conclusion, which consisted of new suggested wording, and printed that wording in the previous (the Spring, 1994) FIJActivist.

It contains several ideas which got our attention, some of which we accepted and built into the new bill language presented below, which we just recently sent, with accompanying commentary explaining why we changed the proposal as we did, to 60 state coordinators and other activists around the country. Have a look:

PROPOSED 1994-1995 FULLY INFORMED JURY BILL LANGUAGE

"An accused or aggrieved party's right to trial by jury, in all instances where the government or any of its agencies is an opposing party, includes the right to inform the jurors of their power to judge the law as well as the evidence, and to vote on the verdict according to conscience.

"This right shall not be infringed by any statute, juror oath, court order, or procedure or practice of the court, including the use of any method of jury selection which could preclude or limit the empanelment of jurors willing to exercise this power.

"Nor shall this right be infringed by preventing any party to the trial, once the jurors have been informed of their powers, from presenting arguments to the jury which may pertain to issues of law and conscience, including (1) the merit, intent, constitutionality or applicability of the law in the instant case; (2) the motives, moral perspective, or circumstances of the accused or aggrieved party; (3) the degree and direction of guilt or actual harm done; or (4) the sanctions which may be applied to the losing party.

"Failure to allow the accused or aggrieved party or counsel for that party to so inform the jury shall be grounds for mistrial and another trial by jury."

NOTES:

By couching its provisions in terms of the rights of the accused or aggrieved person, instead of the jury, this language avoids several problems inherent in earlier versions:

It makes presentation of the power of nullification an option of the accused or aggrieved person, not a mandate for the judge. This should assuage some of the opposition judges have voiced, to the effect that they would have to give nullification instructions whether or not desired by the defendant, whether or not relevant to the case at hand, and whether or not in the interest of justice, as they see it. In an era of mandatory sentencing guidelines and "three strikes you're out", judges have expectably come to resent loss of control and discretion in their courtrooms. To add one more thing they would "have to do", whether or not it makes sense, can only increase that resentment.

Additionally, as an option of the accused or aggrieved person, the "risk" of reminding the jury of its power is properly borne by the opponent of the government, but is no more forced upon him or her than upon the trial judge.

It avoids the issue of "right" versus "power": the accused or aggrieved person clearly has "rights", and the jury's prerogative to judge both law and fact in deciding a verdict can therefore be called a "power" without ruffling the sensitivities of those who insist that it is not a right, and that there is some kind of difference between a right and a power.

It deals with the issue of juror disqualification in terms that make good sense--by basing it on the defendant's right to a fair and impartial hearing, rather than insisting upon a juror's "right to be seated despite his views", an assertion which is harder to establish and defend, and which in practice might actually work against the accused or aggrieved person in some instances, to the dismay of his or her attorney.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »

If Michael, supposedly, the father of Caylee Marie, (according, to claims from the new Grandma) if he supported his
Daughter, we may not be in this mess.  There are "two people" who make a baby, and the second one (if it is him), is at fault, too.

Caylee was a year and half, when Michael passed away, he had plenty of time to fight for his daughter in court, if he believed
he was her father.  The new grandma could and should have insisted that he pay child support, or she could have started a little savings for the child.

Please, remember, (hate me if you must), but their was a second person and that was the father and his mother who knew and

I agree with you. I suspect that there was a deal made with him that if he stayed away and did not interfere he would not have to pay child support. Young (and some old) guys will often buy that BS.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »

901,000 and still counting..

Caylee's Law.................................

an angelic monkey

OMG! This is amazing!

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »

I agree with you.  Only we have no proof that this guy is the father, and he didn't tell his mother. She told NG that she only put 2-and-2 together after she heard about this on the news..  and that her son used to visit family down in the Orlando area, so its possible.  I don't know that she ever said she knew of Casey, much less that her son could have possibly fathered a child.  If he was the dad and knew about it, he's probably just like any number of young dads out there who could care less that they have offspring. They get a girl pregnant and are probably overjoyed when the mother tells them they don't need to provide help of any kind.  If he was the dad but didn't know, well, it's a shame.

It doesn't seem like the Anthonys will do anything to help this woman determine if Caylee is/was her granddaughter.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2011, 01:06:47 PM »

We don't know he wasn't and Casey was using the money else wheres, but then again Casey said the father didnt know about Casey.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2011, 01:07:27 PM »

We don't know he wasn't and Casey was using the money else wheres, but then again Casey said the father didnt know about Caylee.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »

I watched last night something on TV, I was so mesmerized - I did not pay attention to the station.
Did I hear granny say, "She must have hated her mother more than she loved her daughter"?
The statement stuck in my heart like a stake.

Yes, Shirley Pleasea, Cindy's mother,  said that.

Thanks, Babybear. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »

I agree with you. I suspect that there was a deal made with him that if he stayed away and did not interfere he would not have to pay child support. Young (and some old) guys will often buy that BS.

I hear ya, but I don't understand why Casey wouldn't demand help, though.  Or why Cindy wouldn't have demanded Casey collect child support. It's not like Casey was a strong, independent woman with steady income. She lived off her parents, for crying out loud. 

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »

In my long post above, this link worked when I was typing it.  But I just noticed it doesn't work now.
<snip>
Man accused of handing out pamphlets outside Casey Anthony jury room
http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/june/271337/

Here is a cached version I found. At least for the present moment, this link works.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Qed4011JVrIJ:www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/271337/Man-accused-of-handing-out-pamphlets-outside-Casey-Anthony-jury-room+man+handing+out+pamphlets&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

Thank you for the long & informative post---very enlightening food for thought.   
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2011, 01:11:27 PM »

Yes, and CA probably threatened to choke him if he ever reappeared. Smile CA should have been the first to demand who the father was, she being a nursie, if Caylee would have needed a kidney donor or anything serious, to find the father for that reason alone.  Thanks for your response, Boyzmom.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »

I suppose it's cheaper not to go after a guy for child support.. Cindy and George couldn't have afforded a lawyer, and neither could Casey. 

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »

I don't get this juror Dean was he an alterant or a juror? He said "WE" were waiting through the trial for the loaded gun.. how would he know through the trial what each juror was waiting for? If they hadnt talked to each other about the case?
He also said she was young and pretty, and didnt seem she was the type to kill her daughter. Then he said yes they believed she was a lier, but even though she partied for 31 days didnt mean she neglected Caylee,
How does a person think this way?
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2011, 01:14:41 PM »

Paradigm Talent Agency Decides Not to Represent Casey Anthony Lawyer Jose Baez … Casey Anthony Cashing In Too?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/07/09/paradigm-talent-agency-decides-not-to-represent-casey-anthony-lawyer-jose-baez-casey-anthony-cashing-in-too/

Defense attorney Jose Baez just learned how much of a small fish he really is in the grand scope of things. Baez was cast aside by Paradigm as his client as easy as Casey Anthony case her 2 year old daughter away in a swamp. A little poetic justice if you ask me. Let’s face it, Jose Baez benefited from a jury that seems to be the only 12 people in America in one location that think Casey Anthony was not guilty of a felony crime.

Profiting off the death of Caylee Anthony might be also a difficult proposition for Casey as well. It was said that Casey was supposed to get $1 million from the Jerry Springer show. However, Jerry Springer has come back and made a statement that said in no way have they offered a deal to Casey to appear on their show with George and Cindy Anthony.As stated at TMZ (VIDEO) Springer said, “God as my witness, I would never interview her. You could pay me the million dollars, I wouldn’t do it.”

::snipping2::
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »

Can  this case be taken to The state Supreme Court  saying that the Jury and judge was wrong,
and get this  reversed?

It happed here
http://www.courant.com/community/hartford/hc-gould-supreme-court-0709-20110708,0,2876568.story

Good question.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »

Did she get the dna test yet? What was her name i want to do some of my own research

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »

I'm sorry, but I really hate it when people talk about how young and beautiful Casey is.. and that people are less likely to convict people like that.  Really? She's that hot? 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »

The failure to understand or follow jury instructions is NOT jury nullification PER SE.  Jury nullification is much more than not following the rules. It is the conscious decision that the law is that the person is guilty, that the state has proved their case and yet, you find the law objectionable and therefore, acquit. In this case the jury has said that they did not feel the prosecution proved their case. They believed that there had to be a CAUSE of death proven. This was a mistake or failure to listen to the instructions on their part - not a thought out decision that the law was objectionable.  Therefore, it was NOT jury nullification. It was pure stupidity.

Currently, there is almost no jurisdiction you can argue jury nullification in to the jury. The courts have repeatedly ruled that the jury may not be told about being able to nullify. The simple fact is, however, jury nullification is and was designed to be, the last protection of the people from unjust government.  Remember too that this was not a case of anti death penalty since the jury had the right to give the sentencing recommendation to the court and knew this.

I know that many of you feel that this is a case of JN. I just really do not see it. I really do not believe that the jury gave enough thought to the verdict and the law to make that choice. I really really think it was pure and simply that they did not want to do the job and wanted to go home. I think a close second is that the jury was "gotten to" somehow.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2011, 01:21:49 PM »

Desi...send your post to Bill O...he likes to get involved in that kind of stuff...especially when he is passionate about it..

Yes!!  Please do that!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.