March 28, 2024, 11:30:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - JUSTICE DENIED #2 7/09 - 7/10/11  (Read 318009 times)
Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #320 on: July 09, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »

IMO, Casey's NANNY deposition is going to be a repeat of "I work at Universal Studios. When finally confronted and cornered she flips off the lies like they were nothing. She is going to look at Gonzales and say, "I don't know this woman." As she said, "I don't work here."

Nothing=nothing-nothing.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: July 09, 2011, 08:09:03 PM »

you (not you, pharlap, but the general "you" LOL) have to be a total a$$hole to think that it's a good idea to stop a law like this. Even if a person is addle-brained enough to believe she's innocent, there is no reason why a parent shouldn't be held responsible for not reporting a missing child or the death of a child.   

First let me preface this that we support Caylee's Law and have signed the petition - but if you're interested in the other side's POV - my husband sent me this earlier today:

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/08/shep-smith-cmon-do-we-really-need-a-new-law-aimed-at-casey-anthony-situations/

Personally I think hotair.com is a fitting URL...but there you have it...
I appreciate the link!  an angelic monkey

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: July 09, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »

I found this also.  This was asked prior to being found not guilty (which doesn't mean innocent) anyhow, does this mean she cannot mention the lies or cannot profit at all?

Looking to the future, is there any way to keep the entire family from profiting off of books, movies, interviews, etc.? -- Lois, Dunnellon

Florida law prohibits a person convicted of a crime from profiting from the case. Any money or royalties received by the convicted criminal must be paid to the Crimes Compensation Trust Fund. Anyone else can profit without government interference. I plan on playing myself in the movie. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28441900/detail.html#ixzz1RebwP4nU

self edit

This is very important.  It means that if Casey tried to profit from this case in the form of interviews or books about the case or a Lifetime movie deal she could not.

However I am sure Mason and Baez will make it a caveat that she is not allowed to talk about the case.  Her life before..her life after..but not the case itself.  There are loopholes and they will find them.  Also they may try to set up a dummy corp that would funnel the profits through it to her. 

This maybe the reason that Jerry Springer backed out..what would he talk about with the A's and Casey ..they are only famous because of this case. 

I hope the State gets Cindy for perjury then she couldn't talk about the case either. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
shutterblog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #323 on: July 09, 2011, 08:16:27 PM »

I found this also.  This was asked prior to being found not guilty (which doesn't mean innocent) anyhow, does this mean she cannot mention the lies or cannot profit at all?

Looking to the future, is there any way to keep the entire family from profiting off of books, movies, interviews, etc.? -- Lois, Dunnellon

Florida law prohibits a person convicted of a crime from profiting from the case. Any money or royalties received by the convicted criminal must be paid to the Crimes Compensation Trust Fund. Anyone else can profit without government interference. I plan on playing myself in the movie. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28441900/detail.html#ixzz1RebwP4nU

self edit

This is very important.  It means that if Casey tried to profit from this case in the form of interviews or books about the case or a Lifetime movie deal she could not.

::snipping2::

Keep in mind, this article was posted before the verdict was handed down, which means everyone still thought she'd be convicted of "something".  She was acquitted of everything but lying to police.  "Florida law prohibits a person convicted of a crime from profiting from the case."  She was not convicted of murder, manslaughter, or child abuse / neglect.  It will be perfectly legal for her to discuss and profit off these charges.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/opinion/sunday/10bruni.html?_r=1
A Sordid Cast Around Casey Anthony
By FRANK BRUNI
Published: July 9, 2011
AS a reflection of the criminal justice system, the not guilty verdict for Casey Anthony — who in all likelihood bore responsibility for her 2-year-old daughter’s death, but will never pay for that particular crime — was reassuring. Juries are supposed to presume the innocence of even the vilest defendants. Evidence must outweigh emotion. And in the end there simply wasn’t enough lucid, specific proof that Anthony had murdered her little girl.
But as a mirror of people’s opportunism, avarice, hypocrisy and hysterics, the case was galling. In the Anthony trial a system that worked almost too well met a cast of characters almost too bad to be believed, and that’s true not merely, or even mainly, of the Anthonys. It applies just as much to the rogues’ gallery around them
 ::snipping::Thanks that was a good read, I still cant accept that somehow she will be back in court for this crime
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: July 09, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »

Keep in mind, this article was posted before the verdict was handed down, which means everyone still thought she'd be convicted of "something".  She was acquitted of everything but lying to police.  "Florida law prohibits a person convicted of a crime from profiting from the case."  She was not convicted of murder, manslaughter, or child abuse / neglect.  It will be perfectly legal for her to discuss and profit off these charges.
This might seem silly to ask, but isn't lying to police a "crime"? She was convicted and had to serve jail time..  why doesn't that count?    Does the law specifically state which crimes a person has to be convicted of?

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/opinion/sunday/10bruni.html?_r=1
A Sordid Cast Around Casey Anthony
By FRANK BRUNI
Published: July 9, 2011
AS a reflection of the criminal justice system, the not guilty verdict for Casey Anthony — who in all likelihood bore responsibility for her 2-year-old daughter’s death, but will never pay for that particular crime — was reassuring. Juries are supposed to presume the innocence of even the vilest defendants. Evidence must outweigh emotion. And in the end there simply wasn’t enough lucid, specific proof that Anthony had murdered her little girl.
But as a mirror of people’s opportunism, avarice, hypocrisy and hysterics, the case was galling. In the Anthony trial a system that worked almost too well met a cast of characters almost too bad to be believed, and that’s true not merely, or even mainly, of the Anthonys. It applies just as much to the rogues’ gallery around them
sorry i got in your box
Thanks that was a good read, I still cant accept that somehow she will not  be back in court for this crime
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/us/07casey.html

Quote:
In an interview at her home on Wednesday night, Lynn Ford, Jennifer Ford’s mother, said ABC did not pay Ms. Ford but treated her and four others to a trip to Disney World. ABC is a unit of the Walt Disney Company.

I doubt Caylee ever really went to Disney World

I don't think she did either Sunny.

In one of the earlier interviews of Cindy and George they talked about the fact Caylee was just getting to the age where they would be able to take her to Disney or Sea World , etc and they had been looking forward to taking her. 

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »

This might seem silly to ask, but isn't lying to police a "crime"? She was convicted and had to serve jail time..  why doesn't that count?    Does the law specifically state which crimes a person has to be convicted of?

Even with this law that can be fixed easily she can put it in another person's name, but wonder who she could trust that good
Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »

[/quote]

self edit
[/quote]

However I am sure Mason and Baez will make it a caveat that she is not allowed to talk about the case.  Her life before..her life after..but not the case itself.  There are loopholes and they will find them.  Also they may try to set up a dummy corp that would funnel the profits through it to her. 

This maybe the reason that Jerry Springer backed out..what would he talk about with the A's and Casey ..they are only famous because of this case. 

I hope the State gets Cindy for perjury then she couldn't talk about the case either. 
[/quote]

At first I thought "no" the only thing Casey could NOT talk about were charges for which she has been convicted; the lies. Duh, the entire trial was based on her lies. Sorry I am so slow.

I could not write the non-fiction or shoot a film about the trail WITHOUT presenting the lies...it would be an impossibility.
shutterblog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »

Keep in mind, this article was posted before the verdict was handed down, which means everyone still thought she'd be convicted of "something".  She was acquitted of everything but lying to police.  "Florida law prohibits a person convicted of a crime from profiting from the case."  She was not convicted of murder, manslaughter, or child abuse / neglect.  It will be perfectly legal for her to discuss and profit off these charges.

http://m.ibtimes.com/casey-anthony-casey-anthony-verdict-cnn-nancy-grace-twitter-nancy-grace-casey-anthony-trial-casey-an-175889.html

Future Millionaire

On the contrary, analysts say Anthony could be the future millionaire as she could profit from the extraordinary publicity of the case.

Anthony is expected to be approached by TV channels, magazines for interviews and she may earn big bucks as such offers will pay her millions.

"I would not be surprised, given the notoriety and infamy of the case, if Casey gets $1 million to give a full interview," California defense attorney and legal analyst David Wohl told Fox News.

Even the Florida law may not be able to stop Anthony from profiting from her crime. Typically, Florida law prohibits a person convicted of a crime from profiting from that crime. But in the Anthony case, law couldn't prohibit her as she wasn't convicted of murder.  Moreover, nothing stops her from writing a book or signing a movie deal that may earn her more money.
Edit to change red color to navy.
There is a solid chance that Casey Anthony's memoir could be a best-seller as people may buy it to know what exactly happened to Caylee. If any company wants to make a movie out of it, then Anthony could really strike gold.

On the other hand, public may boycott interviews, books, or movies of Casey Anthony due to the emotional response people have expressed to the verdict.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:43:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Yoder1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »

self edit
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oops, sorry
At first I thought "no" the only thing Casey could NOT talk about were charges for which she has been convicted; the lies. Duh, the entire trial was based on her lies. Sorry I am so slow.

I could not write the non-fiction or shoot a film about the trail WITHOUT presenting the lies...it would be an impossibility.
[/quote]
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »

self edit

Casey is free to do anything she wants come July 17th. She was found Not Guilty, so she can sign a contract for a movie, book, interview, etc. The only thing she was found guilty of was the check fraud which was time credited, and guilty on those 4 counts of lying to cops which is a misdemeanor.

Sickening isn't it?

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »

I know it's just words....but KC NEVER REPORTED CAYLEE MISSING.....Cindy did....but KC didn't report chit!!  I just wish some of these talking heads would get it right....

Me too---I don't think Casey would have ever reported it.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »

Well, there can only be hope that the public treats her the same way they treat OJ.  Now, people are pi$$ed and it's to be expected.  I'm talking long-term..   I don't want it ever to be glamorous to do what she did and to get away with it. 

Anybody catch Bill O'Reilly the other night, when Dennis Miller talked about how heinous a crime you have to commit now days for a person to be found guilty?   (I'm not much a fan of Bill, and wish Dennis would have stayed out of politics.. well, not showing up on these shows, that is).. but he has a point.  I guess what happened to Caylee wasn't disturbing enough for these jurors.   

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2011, 08:23:42 PM »

I know it's just words....but KC NEVER REPORTED CAYLEE MISSING.....Cindy did....but KC didn't report chit!!  I just wish some of these talking heads would get it right....

Me too---I don't think Casey would have ever reported it.
  not if she hadn't been caught and had no choice but to do so. And the way she spoke over the phone to the police.. it was like she lost her dog or something.. not a child.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: July 09, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/us/07casey.html

Quote:
In an interview at her home on Wednesday night, Lynn Ford, Jennifer Ford’s mother, said ABC did not pay Ms. Ford but treated her and four others to a trip to Disney World. ABC is a unit of the Walt Disney Company.

I doubt Caylee ever really went to Disney World

I don't think she did either Sunny.

In one of the earlier interviews of Cindy and George they talked about the fact Caylee was just getting to the age where they would be able to take her to Disney or Sea World , etc and they had been looking forward to taking her. 

Makes my eyes wet... 
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: July 09, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »

No one will want to interview her or make a movie about lying to the police.  Any offers will concern the murder.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: July 09, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »

I haven't read back, been feeling sick.  But watching a rerun of Dr. Drew, interviewing Tracy Mclaughlin of Padilla, living in the house for 9 days.  She just went through what she observed and experienced first hand in the Anthony house.  She was very credible on the show.  Why in God's name did the Pros. use her on during the trial.  It was first hand and very eery.  I think she would have clinched the guilty virdect. 

I have wondered the same thing.  The only thing I can come up with is they were working for Casey and may have signed a confidentiality agreement with Baez..which goes to work product.  Infact I thought Baez made a big deal about that with LP..that they had a contract of some sort.

So she may have talked to LE willingly..but they couldn't use her testimony in court due to Baez work product issue..IDK. 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »

self edit

She was not convicted of murder, so she can still profit from it. The injustice never ends, the whore never stops pole-dancing for big bucks.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.