March 29, 2024, 03:39:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - JUSTICE DENIED #2 7/09 - 7/10/11  (Read 318108 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=14036799
Anthony Trial a Showcase for HLN's Nancy Grace
By DAVID BAUDER AP Television Writer
NEW YORK July 9, 2011 (AP)

::snipping2::
One of the jurors in the Anthony case, Elizabeth Ford, told ABC News that the 51-year-old Grace was not fit for television.

"I think a lot of things she says fuel the fire and they're based on nothing," Ford said. "I'm obviously against making decisions based on just speculation and opinion."

Back down? You don't know Nancy. After one of Anthony's lawyers said the verdict should send a message to those who engage in "media assassination" — remarks considered largely aimed at Grace — she said she wasn't concerned. "I don't like them much either," she said on a CNN blog.

"When I take a stand, I don't expect people to like what I have to say," Grace, who declined to be interviewed by The Associated Press, told ABC News. "But I do hold myself up to the standard of trying to tell the truth. And if they don't like it or if it hurts their feelings, there's nothing I can do about that. But I can tell you this much: That mom is guilty."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »

Monkeys, I need help if you would be so kind.  On another forum I visit (not crime - more music related) someone posted this:

The jury did their job. There simply wasn't enough evidence to place it "beyond a reasonable doubt." She's obviously a terrible mother, but there needed to be more to prove murder.

I want to respond, but not only am I angry to the point of seizure, but when I try to think of the best way to state what I feel, my head is a tornado of thoughts.  I can't pull it together to come up with a concise argument.  I really like that analogy from NG in which she said that if you were to go outside and see puddles and people walking with umbrellas, it would be obvious that it had rained and there'd be no reason to ask for proof of rain.  (Or something like that).

Again, my head is spinning; I can't corral my thoughts!  Is there a post here or an article that really sums things up?  This is embarrassing, my having a brain-fart like this.  I've read so many opinions about the jury that I agree with, but I can't organize them.  I feel so lame.
  Don't feel lame.  This whole thing is just too much to wrap one's brain around.   HUGS!

I wouldn't bother responding.  This has become comparable to politics & religion.  You will NEVER convince these people that they are wrong.   

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2011, 09:19:02 PM »

I am still madder than a hornet that had his nest knocked down. It's not leaving!

I sure hope others feel like this.

Stupidest family that ever lived.

Stupidest jury ever to vote.

It just makes me want to whip off my shoe and smack it against a wall!!!!! I don't think a cooling down period is going to help much.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »

Janet, the lies to OCSO were a misdemeanor, not a felony murder. She is free to talk about anything she wants after 7/17/11.

In other words ... profiting from a misdemeanor conviction is legal.

Everything about the Casey Anthony case and the Guy Turcotte case implies that the jury process in both the United States and Canada needs fixing.

Janet

+++++

A family's demise

Isabelle Gaston knew her husband was furious about the failure of their marriage, but she never thought he'd hurt their kids. As a jury learned over the past few months, she was wrong

By Sue Montgomery, Postmedia News July 9, 2011

<snipped>

Finally, Fournier called 911 and calmly told the dispatcher that her 36-year-old son was in a locked house with his two children.

"He just separated and told me last night he was destroyed," she said, her voice breaking as she began to cry. "We need help. Can you please come?"

Sûreté du Québec officers Patrick Bigras and Marc-Antoine Bigue responded to the 911 call. They arrived at Turcotte's Piedmont home just after 11 a.m. They got into the house through a window, then climbed the stairs to the bedroom with their guns drawn, yelling "Police! Police! Is anyone here?"

The horrific scene they discovered forced Bigras, an officer with 12 years' experience, to take a 2½-month leave of absence to cope with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Olivier lay on his double bed, his nude torso mutilated with 27 stab wounds. Anne-Sophie, on her single bed in the adjacent bedroom, wore only her panties, her tiny body torn by 19 stab wounds.

<snipped>

On Tuesday, a jury of four men and seven women found Turcotte not criminally responsible for the killings because of a mental disorder.

Sitting shackled in the prisoner's box, Turcotte closed his eyes as the verdict was announced then began crying, as he has throughout what has been one of the most emotional and talked-about trials in Quebec

He will stay behind bars, where he's been since his arrest, until a special psychiatric panel sees him within the next 45 days and determines whether he should spend time at the Philippe Pinel Institute or be freed.

Outside the courtroom afterwards, Gaston said she was in shock.

"I didn't expect this at all. I'm disappointed for Anne-Sophie and Olivier and for all children that could be in d anger," she said. "No adult has the right to determine the life and death of children."

<snipped>

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/family+demise/5077695/story.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: July 09, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »

Monkeys, I need help if you would be so kind.  On another forum I visit (not crime - more music related) someone posted this:

The jury did their job. There simply wasn't enough evidence to place it "beyond a reasonable doubt." She's obviously a terrible mother, but there needed to be more to prove murder.

I want to respond, but not only am I angry to the point of seizure, but when I try to think of the best way to state what I feel, my head is a tornado of thoughts.  I can't pull it together to come up with a concise argument.  I really like that analogy from NG in which she said that if you were to go outside and see puddles and people walking with umbrellas, it would be obvious that it had rained and there'd be no reason to ask for proof of rain.  (Or something like that).

Again, my head is spinning; I can't corral my thoughts!  Is there a post here or an article that really sums things up?  This is embarrassing, my having a brain-fart like this.  I've read so many opinions about the jury that I agree with, but I can't organize them.  I feel so lame.
  Don't feel lame.  This whole thing is just too much to wrap one's brain around.   HUGS!

MOTIVE: Casey is the only one who could profit from Caylee's death. She wanted Caylee out of the way. Caylee inconvenienced her. Casey also wanted to punish her domineering mother. Caylee is the only thing in Casey's life, over which she had complete control.

OPPORTUNITY:  Geroge was at work, Cindy was at work, Lee was at work. Casey is the only person to have access to the house, computer, duct tape, her car, cloroform, laundry bags and everything else associated with the murder.

CAUSE OF DEATH: Duct tape. And only a demented mother would add a heart shaped sticker.

MANNER OF DEATH: Suffocation.

Tidy package, tied up with a bow. The prosecution presented the jury with a "gift" and the they thew it back unopened.

Exactly. It's like somebody working really hard to be able to purchase something special for a Christmas present, but the recipient didn't appreciate it or couldn't use it so they regifted it.

Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #365 on: July 09, 2011, 09:31:15 PM »

MOTIVE: Casey is the only one who could profit from Caylee's death. She wanted Caylee out of the way. Caylee inconvenienced her. Casey also wanted to punish her domineering mother. Caylee is the only thing in Casey's life, over which she had complete control.

OPPORTUNITY:  Geroge was at work, Cindy was at work, Lee was at work. Casey is the only person to have access to the house, computer, duct tape, her car, cloroform, laundry bags and everything else associated with the murder.

CAUSE OF DEATH: Duct tape. And only a demented mother would add a heart shaped sticker.

MANNER OF DEATH: Suffocation.

This is very helpful, thank you.  But, I was under the impression that "cause of death" was undeterminable due to the state that the body was found in.  And that even the Prosecution could not state with 100% certainty what the cause of death was.  (Even though it's obvious what it was.)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2011, 09:41:06 PM »

Regarding the slore profiting from Caylee's murder, Florida's laws won't matter.  She could leave the state or have a "legal" address in another state.  Or perhaps have the money paid to her idiot lawyer and become his highest paid "employee".   No doubt there are many less than above board ways to funnel her the money.  All IMO of course.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »

Over 150 Sign Petition Against Jose Baez

Posted: 11:44 pm EDT July 8, 2011
Updated: 11:23 am EDT July 9, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- There is no doubt that the Casey Anthony murder trial was contentious. Even Chief Judge Belvin Perry gave his opinion about the trial and the lawyers.

“There has been gamesmanship in the case, and it’s quite evident there is a friction between attorneys,” Judge Perry said.

Judge Perry showed his frustration several times throughout the trial. He indicated Baez repeatedly tried to question expert witnesses about things that weren’t in their depositions or reports. At one point, Baez was even threatened with contempt.

“I will reserve the decision to proceed with contempt proceedings at the conclusion of this trial,” Judge Perry warned.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28494098/detail.html

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2011, 09:46:52 PM »

Jeff Ashton on with Judge Jeanine on Fox.. She had Clint House on too..

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
crazybabyborg
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2011, 09:54:14 PM »

I am still madder than a hornet that had his nest knocked down. It's not leaving!

I sure hope others feel like this.

Stupidest family that ever lived.

Stupidest jury ever to vote.

It just makes me want to whip off my shoe and smack it against a wall!!!!! I don't think a cooling down period is going to help much.

I agree Carpe, but aim that shoe at Casey, will 'ya?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »

Jeff Ashton on with Judge Jeanine on Fox.. She had Clint House on too..

He looks and sounds really good there. I think they should offer him a job.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »

CBB - Sure thing. ...and I have two... so I will consider hitting this bitch in the mouth with the other one, until it looks like this:

------------------
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »

I found this also.  This was asked prior to being found not guilty (which doesn't mean innocent) anyhow, does this mean she cannot mention the lies or cannot profit at all?

Looking to the future, is there any way to keep the entire family from profiting off of books, movies, interviews, etc.? -- Lois, Dunnellon

Florida law prohibits a person convicted of a crime from profiting from the case. Any money or royalties received by the convicted criminal must be paid to the Crimes Compensation Trust Fund. Anyone else can profit without government interference. I plan on playing myself in the movie. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28441900/detail.html#ixzz1RebwP4nU

self edit

This is very important.  It means that if Casey tried to profit from this case in the form of interviews or books about the case or a Lifetime movie deal she could not.

However I am sure Mason and Baez will make it a caveat that she is not allowed to talk about the case.  Her life before..her life after..but not the case itself.  There are loopholes and they will find them.  Also they may try to set up a dummy corp that would funnel the profits through it to her. 

This maybe the reason that Jerry Springer backed out..what would he talk about with the A's and Casey ..they are only famous because of this case. 

I hope the State gets Cindy for perjury then she couldn't talk about the case either. 

There is no reason she cannot profit off it ...........a clueless jury said "not guilty" so this does not apply to her.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #373 on: July 09, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »

Carpe......... 

Oh, it's "magical thinking" to hope that mouth will remain shut for long.   
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2011, 10:01:59 PM »

that juror number 3 is a cocky, pompous idiot.  i just saw her interview and i wanted to scream, who the hell does this twit think she is?  and she wants to be a nurse?!?!! yea ok, being a nurse means you are a mandated reporter you a$$hat, and clearly you don't know the first thing about what constitutes child abuse or neglect.  if i was ever a patient of this juror #3 i would refuse to let her near me and demand to switch hospitals or whatever.  i think she's gonna have real problems finding a job and i'm not even just saying that.  people aren't going to just forget her, especially since she is plastering herself all over the news.  my only hope is that she is forced to smell the smell of death sometime soon in her nursing studies and realizes what a mistake she made. she is disgusting!
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »

I wouldn't bother responding.  This has become comparable to politics & religion.  You will NEVER convince these people that they are wrong.   

I thought about not responding, but I must because Caylee needs justice and it's important to spread the truth.

And you're right about not being able to change people's minds for the most part, but sometimes you can.  Last night I spoke with someone who was happy for Casey's acquittal because he felt sorry for her.  He said that she's messed up because George molested her and he's a bad father because had an affair with the Cruz woman.  He went on to say he relates to Casey because they both had messed up parents, etc.  He said that he'd also been molested and that now his parents won't talk to him and he's not going to inherit.  He said Casey has no family, no money and that now, she'll be free and be able to make millions.  (Can you believe this guy?)

So I explained to him that it was VERY doubtful that George molested Casey or had an affair with that tranny and explained that EVEN IF he did, that's no reason for Casey to kill.  Then I explained the circumstantial evidence in detail.  I"m happy to say that in the end he was convinced that George did not commit molestation/adultry and when I asked him (in regards to all the evidence) whether or not he thought Casey killed her daughter, he finally had to admit that he was now thinking she did.  So that's one mind changed!  I'm finding that the people who are pro-Casey are simply unaware of ALL the facts and just need a good talking-to.  And a smack upside the head!
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »

Over 150 Sign Petition Against Jose Baez

Posted: 11:44 pm EDT July 8, 2011
Updated: 11:23 am EDT July 9, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- There is no doubt that the Casey Anthony murder trial was contentious. Even Chief Judge Belvin Perry gave his opinion about the trial and the lawyers.

“There has been gamesmanship in the case, and it’s quite evident there is a friction between attorneys,” Judge Perry said.

Judge Perry showed his frustration several times throughout the trial. He indicated Baez repeatedly tried to question expert witnesses about things that weren’t in their depositions or reports. At one point, Baez was even threatened with contempt.

“I will reserve the decision to proceed with contempt proceedings at the conclusion of this trial,” Judge Perry warned.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28494098/detail.html

There was friction between the attorneys because JP let bozo do unethical and possibly illegal thing to get his client off..........the prosecution was frustrated because they saw an attorney who was breaking every court rule and JP would not only do nothing but would coach him in how to do it.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2011, 10:05:57 PM »

Hey Everyone! 
I found this in my legal question & answer book. Why would this not apply to this case or would it?

Question:
Can a person be put on trial for the same crime in both federal and state courts?

Answer:
Yes. If a person is accused of something that is a crime under both state and federal law, he can be tried in both a state and a federal court. The state and federal governments are seperate entities, and a conviction or acquittal in one court does not prevent a subsequent prosecution in th other. The same holds true for the punishment imposed. However, the sentence in one court might be taken into consideration in fixing the punishment in the other court-----for example, one sentence might be suspended. Being prosecuted for violating the laws of two different governments (federal and state) does not result in double jeopardy(being tried twice for the same crime), which is forbidden by the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The prohibition of double jeopardy is aimed solely at preventing prosecutors from bringing someone to trial again in the same court system for the same offense.

Hi Monken!  Glad you found this.  I was wondering about the fact that Casey insisted on calling in the FBI.  Remember she didn't want to talk to any of the locals but she said she would talk to the FBI..  Wonder what bearing that would have on this case since she insisted on their involvement because of her lie that whoever had Caylee would harm her family or some such nonsense ( we know now) but at the time they had to take her seriously.  She didn't just waste Florida resources she insisted on wasting the resources of the FBI.

She should not be allowed to go scott free of all the damage she has done.  IMO

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »

Okay..I found the article where it states the alternate who was talking to the press was a government and economics teacher in P County.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2011/jul/06/14/anthony-alternate-juror-she-did-not-get-away-with--ar-242105/

snip ::snipping2::

Anthony alternate juror: 'She did not get away with murder'

"I think she drowned," Huekler said Tuesday night at his home. "Whatever happened, I think more than one person knows, and I think that was possibly George. But for some reason, the prosecution was right: They made an accident look like a murder scene."

Huekler, a government and economics teacher at Pinellas Park High School, said he thought the Anthony family was dysfunctional, a contention of the defense. Huekler said that explained lies Anthony told authorities searching for Caylee.

snip ::snipping2::

So this government high school teacher, who was an alternate, thinks that that the prosecution was right..when Jeff sarcastically said.. they made an accident look like murder..ah yeah right. ..

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
crazybabyborg
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »

that juror number 3 is a cocky, pompous idiot.  i just saw her interview and i wanted to scream, who the hell does this twit think she is?  and she wants to be a nurse?!?!! yea ok, being a nurse means you are a mandated reporter you a$$hat, and clearly you don't know the first thing about what constitutes child abuse or neglect.  if i was ever a patient of this juror #3 i would refuse to let her near me and demand to switch hospitals or whatever.  i think she's gonna have real problems finding a job and i'm not even just saying that.  people aren't going to just forget her, especially since she is plastering herself all over the news.  my only hope is that she is forced to smell the smell of death sometime soon in her nursing studies and realizes what a mistake she made. she is disgusting!

I had the same thoughts about her as a nurse. My God, she'd be putting a bandaid on a scraped knee while the patient was going in cardiac arrest. BUT, she would be quick to say that the knee was producing blood while the patient grabbing his chest and turning blue didn't "necessarily" mean he was having a heart attack. There was no proof of it.

Geeezz......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.