March 29, 2024, 09:22:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - JUSTICE DENIED #2 7/09 - 7/10/11  (Read 318151 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1000 on: July 10, 2011, 10:43:53 PM »

Cindy's brother Rick:

Cindy wanted George to go into the car business with his dad. His dad had a nice used car lot that did pretty well. The only

thing was George couldn't get along with his dad. Within the first year they got into a fight at the lot and George put his

father through a plate glass window. George was asked to leave. George then started his own used car lot as he bought up a

small one a few miles from his dad's. He second mortgaged his and Cindy's home and when the lot went under they lost their

home in Niles, Ohio. They then moved to Florida and assumed a mortgage at their present location.
This is 100 percent true.
I know them personally. Believe me they are really stupid.

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/so...F57ESH2VME/p36
http://boards.library.trutv.com/showthread.php?291278-Cindy-Anthony-s-Brother-Speaks....

what was the name of George's dealership?

Ricks response -
His father's was Antony's Auto Sales in downtown Niles. George's was on Youngstown-Warren road in Niles near McKinley Plaza.

It only lasted a year at best. I believe he named it George Anthony's car lot. Cindy thought having a car dealership would

make them a lot of money. She had a nursing degree at that time but didn't use it until they lost their home in Niles. She

had worked for Dr. Sterle in Howland as his lead nurse. She got a good job in Orlando working for a doctors clinic that had the Orlando Magic as clients.

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/so...F57ESH2VME/p37
http://boards.library.trutv.com/showthread.php?291278-Cindy-Anthony-s-Brother-Speaks....

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1001 on: July 10, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »

Did I dream this, or did we hear during the trial that one of the jurors winked at Baez? Jeez...I can't keep reality and my dreams separated about this trial....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1002 on: July 10, 2011, 10:44:25 PM »

Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1003 on: July 10, 2011, 10:47:37 PM »

Thank you, flamom . Not good but it was a little interesting. Not what I thought it may have been though.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1004 on: July 10, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »

If jurors goes back to the court house or contacts JP and tells them they were threatened before they were took to Orange County or after and an investigation proves they were would this cause a mistrial and cause a new trial?
I am a few pages behind, SIA if this was answered
Once someone is found not guilty by a jury... it is done
If there was misconduct, those responsible can be prosecuted.
A not guilty does not mean a do over... ever

Not necessarily - if there was jury tampering by the defense they can throw the entire verdict out. If the jury tampering can be proved to be one of jurors who caused others to be coerced, then the entire verdict is null. There are a number of cases where trials were declared mistrials because of jury tampering. guilty or not

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1005 on: July 10, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »

Did I dream this, or did we hear during the trial that one of the jurors winked at Baez? Jeez...I can't keep reality and my dreams separated about this trial....

Some one on twitter reported that incident.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1006 on: July 10, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »

Thank you, flamom . Not good but it was a little interesting. Not what I thought it may have been though.
sorry Klaas..

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1007 on: July 10, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »

Its at the 12 minute mark into yesterday's show. Pics of Cindy and Caylee in the pool have just been shown. NG is giving a jury timeline and says "by now the jury has picked their foreman, their foreperson". Ica is shown between two waterbottles and when NG says "foreperson" ica tilts her head to the right, in an attempt to hide it and winks her right eye in communication with someone. She is trying to hide it. It's not a dt member for that reason. IMO.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1008 on: July 10, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »

If jurors goes back to the court house or contacts JP and tells them they were threatened before they were took to Orange County or after and an investigation proves they were would this cause a mistrial and cause a new trial?

Not necessarily - if there was jury tampering by the defense they can throw the entire verdict out. If the jury tampering can be proved to be one of jurors who caused others to be coerced, then the entire verdict is null. There are a number of cases where trials were declared mistrials because of jury tampering. guilty or not

we just need to follow the trail to one juror to the defense team and it's a mis-trial.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1009 on: July 10, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »

I respect your legal knowledge, but until I see it in print, I stick to what I wrote above

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1010 on: July 10, 2011, 10:57:05 PM »

You know the LE hate to have to be involved at all.  But I guess things must look right.
So happy to see that many people care enough to go over there and pay respects. That says much.  I hope they continue to do so.

I was thiking about the cops and sherriffs, etc., involved in this mayhem.  ASked hubby his opinion too.  But....

If I had been one of the ones poking through the woods with a stick looking for Caylee, driving KC to Universal, SawGrass, etc., and if my boss sent me to go protect KC and/or her family in these weeks comeing up, there is no way on God's green earth I could do that and I would have to quit.  Pure and simple.  It is the principal.  Yes, I took a vow to serve and protect. Yes, they are citizens, but I could not do it. 

I would love to see a stream of cops stand down and say not gonna do it and stand for Caylee, but I doubt we will see that. 

Hubby says there is a way to look like you are doing your job and not really do it.  Kind of like looking the other way.  Still could not do that.  I would w/o a doubt quit. 

How bout any of you?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1011 on: July 10, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »

Some one on twitter reported that incident.

Thanks...I thought so...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1012 on: July 10, 2011, 11:00:15 PM »

we just need to follow the trail to one juror to the defense team and it's a mis-trial.

I think Lyon is the key and I think there may be some good leads in that direction.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1013 on: July 10, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »

I respect your legal knowledge, but until I see it in print, I stick to what I wrote above

Possible jury tampering leads to mistrial;Jurors say defendants' brothers made contac
Julie Bykowicz, SUN STAFF

A Baltimore circuit judge declared a mistrial in an attempted murder case this week after the defendant's brothers apparently made contact with at least four jurors - an unusual example, judges said, of how even jurors can be intimidated.

Judge David Mitchell was so outraged by the turn of events Tuesday that he ordered the arrest of Manu Torbit, who had been sitting in the courtroom to watch the trial of his younger brother Malcolm Torbit, and asked that he be prosecuted "to the fullest extent of the law," accusing him of obstruction of justice and attempted jury tampering.

But Manu Torbit, 30, was released from custody a few hours later at the direction of the state's attorney's office, sheriff's deputies said. A spokeswoman for the city's state's attorney's office declined to say why prosecutors asked the deputies to refrain from charging Manu Torbit and said an investigation was continuing.

Although judges said they routinely perceive that juries, like many witnesses, feel intimidated by defendants, a mistrial because of jury tampering is a rarity in city Circuit Court.

"Things happened in the course of the trial of this case that are both unfortunate and, I believe, border on criminal," Mitchell told the jurors, adding that in his 35 years as a lawyer and a judge, he had never seen that happen.

Malcolm Torbit's attorney, S. Gordon Tayback, said in court that the mistrial occurred through no fault of his client. But he could not be reached for comment yesterday.

The trial of Malcolm Torbit, 23, who is accused of stomping a Northwest Baltimore man so severely in October 2003 that he suffered brain damage and is permanently confined to a wheelchair, began unraveling Tuesday morning.

Juror No. 4 approached Mitchell before court and said that she was "so fearful" after having been called to the car of Malcolm Torbit's brothers after testimony Monday. She was replaced by an alternate juror, and testimony continued.

Jurors then heard from an eyewitness to the brutal attack on David Miles, 37, of Park Heights. She had been a reluctant witness, and Mitchell had warned Malcolm Torbit that he would hold him in jail if she didn't show up for court.

After a lunch break, juror No. 2 told the judge that one of the brothers had tried to slip a note to her and the jury foreman as they filed out for lunch. A third juror said he had been in a similar situation before court that morning. In both instances, jurors said, the man bearing the note had asked for his parking to be validated.

Jurors apparently never saw what was written on the paper.

One of the jurors identified Manu Torbit as the man with the note. He sat in the rear of the courtroom as the judge questioned the jurors after lunch Tuesday.

After hearing the jurors' stories, Mitchell declared a mistrial and had Manu Torbit led out in handcuffs. He was investigated and released from custody by 6 p.m. because prosecutors declined to file charges, said Lt. Col. Henry Martin of the Baltimore Sheriff's Office.

Margaret T. Burns, spokeswoman for the state's attorney's office, said prosecutors generally provide guidance on charging decisions because of many factors, such as evidence and witness testimony. She said a senior prosecutor is investigating the allegations of jury tampering.

Jury tampering, like witness intimidation, carries a maximum five-year prison term - punishments that city State's Attorney Patricia C. Jessamy has been seeking to increase this legislative session.

In the past five years, there have been 25 convictions in the city of witness or jury tampering, while 62 cases have either been dropped or made inactive, according to statistics from the state's attorney's office.

Circuit Judge John M. Glynn, chairman of the city Criminal Justice Coordinating Council, said it's not uncommon for jurors to express concern, but judges usually allay their fears.

"For a juror to sit in judgment of a man who may have violent tendencies - that's inherently nerve-wracking," he said, adding that he hasn't ever declared a mistrial because of jury tampering but is is an option.

But Mitchell said before declaring a mistrial that he believed something "more sinister" had occurred in the Malcolm Torbit case, which has been rescheduled for May.

"Our society is witnessing a breakdown," Mitchell said, adding that many concepts of the criminal justice system have recently been under attack. "One of those is a jury."
March 3, 2005http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...&topics=single

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1014 on: July 10, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »

Jury Tampering Charges Invalidates Trial, Defendants' Lawyers Argue.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20F1FF93D5813738DDDA90994D9405B828DF1D3

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1015 on: July 10, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »

I think you are 99% correct, I did find one case but the issues are different:

FAIRMONT  --  A judge could overturn a "not guilty" verdict in a local murder trial. Lincoln Taylor has been on trial twice already in the shooting death of a South Carolina man on Memorial Day of 2007.

In the jury trial in November, the jury could not reach a verdict on the murder charge, resulting in a mistrial, but the jury found Taylor "not guilty" on the second charge of conspiracy to commit murder.

Nowthe state has filed a motion to declare the conspiracy case a mistrial, as well.

According to paperwork filed with the circuit court, the state claims the "not guilty" verdict read by the foreperson was not the unanimous verdict of the 12 jurors.

::snipping2::

But I do think in this case Justice will only be served over time and not by this court or Judge (who could have thrown out the verdict IMO or at minimum had a little chat with these 12 village idiots)

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=50546

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1016 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:03 PM »

Jury Tampering Charges Invalidates Trial, Defendants' Lawyers Argue.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20F1FF93D5813738DDDA90994D9405B828DF1D3
There was no article..just a headline..l.. and the trial in Baltimore was still in progress when the mistrial was called.. KC's case has already been adjudicated..if anything came up during the trial JP could have done that. How can you declare someone not guilty and then have a do over.. Believe me, I wish they could and then sentence her to death but I dont believe they can set aside a verdict unless it is a guilty one..if they find misconduct, the guilty parties get punished but a retrial?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1017 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:06 PM »

Possible jury tampering leads to mistrial;Jurors say defendants' brothers made contac
Julie Bykowicz, SUN STAFF

A Baltimore circuit judge declared a mistrial in an attempted murder case this week after the defendant's brothers apparently made contact with at least four jurors - an unusual example, judges said, of how even jurors can be intimidated.

Judge David Mitchell was so outraged by the turn of events Tuesday that he ordered the arrest of Manu Torbit, who had been sitting in the courtroom to watch the trial of his younger brother Malcolm Torbit, and asked that he be prosecuted "to the fullest extent of the law," accusing him of obstruction of justice and attempted jury tampering.

But Manu Torbit, 30, was released from custody a few hours later at the direction of the state's attorney's office, sheriff's deputies said. A spokeswoman for the city's state's attorney's office declined to say why prosecutors asked the deputies to refrain from charging Manu Torbit and said an investigation was continuing.

Although judges said they routinely perceive that juries, like many witnesses, feel intimidated by defendants, a mistrial because of jury tampering is a rarity in city Circuit Court.

"Things happened in the course of the trial of this case that are both unfortunate and, I believe, border on criminal," Mitchell told the jurors, adding that in his 35 years as a lawyer and a judge, he had never seen that happen.

Malcolm Torbit's attorney, S. Gordon Tayback, said in court that the mistrial occurred through no fault of his client. But he could not be reached for comment yesterday.

The trial of Malcolm Torbit, 23, who is accused of stomping a Northwest Baltimore man so severely in October 2003 that he suffered brain damage and is permanently confined to a wheelchair, began unraveling Tuesday morning.

Juror No. 4 approached Mitchell before court and said that she was "so fearful" after having been called to the car of Malcolm Torbit's brothers after testimony Monday. She was replaced by an alternate juror, and testimony continued.

Jurors then heard from an eyewitness to the brutal attack on David Miles, 37, of Park Heights. She had been a reluctant witness, and Mitchell had warned Malcolm Torbit that he would hold him in jail if she didn't show up for court.

After a lunch break, juror No. 2 told the judge that one of the brothers had tried to slip a note to her and the jury foreman as they filed out for lunch. A third juror said he had been in a similar situation before court that morning. In both instances, jurors said, the man bearing the note had asked for his parking to be validated.

Jurors apparently never saw what was written on the paper.

One of the jurors identified Manu Torbit as the man with the note. He sat in the rear of the courtroom as the judge questioned the jurors after lunch Tuesday.

After hearing the jurors' stories, Mitchell declared a mistrial and had Manu Torbit led out in handcuffs. He was investigated and released from custody by 6 p.m. because prosecutors declined to file charges, said Lt. Col. Henry Martin of the Baltimore Sheriff's Office.

Margaret T. Burns, spokeswoman for the state's attorney's office, said prosecutors generally provide guidance on charging decisions because of many factors, such as evidence and witness testimony. She said a senior prosecutor is investigating the allegations of jury tampering.

Jury tampering, like witness intimidation, carries a maximum five-year prison term - punishments that city State's Attorney Patricia C. Jessamy has been seeking to increase this legislative session.

In the past five years, there have been 25 convictions in the city of witness or jury tampering, while 62 cases have either been dropped or made inactive, according to statistics from the state's attorney's office.

Circuit Judge John M. Glynn, chairman of the city Criminal Justice Coordinating Council, said it's not uncommon for jurors to express concern, but judges usually allay their fears.

"For a juror to sit in judgment of a man who may have violent tendencies - that's inherently nerve-wracking," he said, adding that he hasn't ever declared a mistrial because of jury tampering but is is an option.

But Mitchell said before declaring a mistrial that he believed something "more sinister" had occurred in the Malcolm Torbit case, which has been rescheduled for May.

"Our society is witnessing a breakdown," Mitchell said, adding that many concepts of the criminal justice system have recently been under attack. "One of those is a jury."
March 3, 2005http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...&topics=single

But had this defendant been pronounced NG yet? Or was this just a mistrial before a verdict..

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1018 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »

Jury tampering causes mistrial
http://www.lasvegasoptic.com/content/state-jury-tampering-causes-mistrial

The judge generally can call a mistrial when there's an outright violation of legal procedure or actual law involving the trial itself ( jury contamination / tampering, perjury, evidence mishandling issues....etc ).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110224014155AAccyD8

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1019 on: July 10, 2011, 11:15:40 PM »

OCSD has to protect KC while she is in their custody.
IMO, she will be released not when they said she would be and it will be done by stealth.
She will be delivered somewhere that the DT had made arrangements for.
Someone will sign for her like she's a FedEx package and that's it.
Once she is no longer in their custody, it's not OCSD's job to provide any protection.
She could be moved back to the courthouse in advance or another facility as the media is watching the jail.
I wouldn't quit my job over this B.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.