March 29, 2024, 07:46:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa Stebic, 37, Missing 5/1/2007 Plainfield Ill  (Read 50378 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »

Thank you for the  promising update grace-land.  I hope there will be justice for Lisa and for Stacy. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »

You're welcome, Mzzz Bee!  Glasgow is taking proactive steps to get justice for Stacey and Lisa--and other women!

He says husband-wife privilege shouldn’t apply if a man murders his wife.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/07/prosecutor-will-decide-soon-whether-drew-peterson-faces-new-charges/
Prosecutor Will Decide Soon Whether Drew Peterson Faces New Charges
September 7, 2012 3:48 PM
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2012, 08:33:07 PM »

Hopefully, Lisa will one day get the justice she deserves.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2012, 06:59:45 AM »

::justice2NJ:: 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/30/craig-stebic-husband-of-missing-mom-sued-by-own-attorney/
Craig Stebic, Husband Of Missing Mom, Sued By Own Attorney
December 30, 2011 9:21 AM
On Dec. 22, Davi filed a petition asking for payment of $10,371 in fees, and filed a motion to withdraw as Craig Stebic’s attorney.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/14996246-418/glasgow-stebic-case-on-the-front-burner.html

Glasgow: Stebic case ‘on the front burner’
September 8, 2012 2:56AM

::snipping2::
Craig’s lawyer, George Lenard, had no comment on Glasgow’s remark Friday. Lenard is currently defending Vaughn, an Oswego man on trial for killing his wife and three children in 2007.

Lenard has questioned why the police have focused on Craig as their sole person of interest.

In April, Plainfield Police Chief John Konopek said Craig remains the only person of interest in Lisa’s disappearance, and said he strongly believes someone out there knows how Lisa disappeared.

Glasgow said he is not aware of any other suspects, but emphasized that he would not ignore other potential leads.

“We never have blinders on,” he said. “If you get myopic, that’s dangerous and we don’t do that.”

Hearsay evidence would likely play a significant role in a Stebic prosecution, and a hearing like the Peterson hearsay hearing in 2010 would be held to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that Lisa was killed so her statements to others could be used, Glasgow said.

“Only after her disappearance did the family learn what Lisa had said to friends and neighbors and her concerns for her own safety,” Greenberg said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »

http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/is-lisa-next-family-hopeful-after-peterson-vaughn-convictions

Is Lisa Next? Family Hopeful After Peterson, Vaughn Convictions
5:55 am (September 24, 2012)
On his Facebook page, the state’s attorney repeated his vow.

“I realize there are other cases that cry out for justice,” Glasgow wrote. “We have not forgotten – not for one moment – about Lisa Stebic or the victims of the Lane Bryant shootings. We will continue to work tirelessly with our local police to bring justice and closure in these important investigations as well.”

For Lisa’s family, the words brought a measure of relief after five long years of waiting.

“I understand there’s limited resources and limited manpower,” said Melanie Greenberg, the wife of Lisa’s cousin Mark Greenberg. But as the years have passed, the wait has grown increasingly difficult for Lisa’s family — particularly her 93-year-old grandmother, Greenberg said.

“She wonders if she’s going to still be alive to see justice,” Greenberg said.
A day after Peterson’s conviction, Glasgow told reporters that prosecutors will take a fresh look at the disappearances of Lisa and Stacy.

“I don’t know exactly what this means,” Greenberg said of Glasgow’s comments. She said she hasn’t heard from authorities regarding Lisa’s case since she visited police on the five-year anniversary of her disappearance last April.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »

http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/lisa-stebic-case-featured-on-nancy-grace-mysteries

Lisa Stebic Case Featured on 'Nancy Grace Mysteries'
The HLN show will highlight the missing Plainfield mom at 7 and 9 p.m. Central time on Friday.
December 26, 2012

More than five years after Plainfield mom of two Lisa Stebic disappeared, her family is still looking for answers.

On Friday night, the case will be back in the spotlight on “Nancy Grace Mysteries.”

The show will take another look at the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Stebic, who vanished from the Red Star Drive home she shared with her children and estranged husband Craig Stebic on April 30, 2007.

The one-hour, documentary-style program will air at 7 and 9 p.m. Central time on Friday, Dec. 28.
Following the high-profile convictions of Drew Peterson and Christopher Vaughn, Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow pledged to put the Stebic case “on the front burner,” giving family members a reason to hope for answers — and, some day, an arrest in the case.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/28/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Nancy Grace Mysteries -- Lisa Stebic
Aired December 28, 2012 - 20:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

GRACE: As of today, there is still in place a $75,000 reward to help find missing mom Lisa Stebic. And I might add that her two children, Zach and Lexi, are being raised by their father, Craig Stebic.

POLITAN: At this point, the Will County prosecutor has put this case on the front burner when it comes to investigation and trying to figure out what happened here and pushing this case forward. Craig Stebic, still not named as a suspect, denies any wrongdoing in the case, but it looks like prosecutors may be getting ready to do something and take some action on this one.

MICHAEL CARDOZA, DEFENSE ATTORNEY, FMR. PROSECUTOR: The law does afford him the right not to speak. You know, he can invoke that privilege to remain silent. He can invoke the privilege that the law gives him to say, No, you`re not going to talk to my children, and it`s all on the advice of the attorney.

A good attorney, when they`re engaged, has to give the advice that his attorney is giving him. You`re not going to talk to the police because a lot of times, what happens -- and a lot of people don`t realize this, and I`m not saying all police officers do this -- but you say the most innocent thing, and sometimes it`s misinterpreted and sometimes it`s applied to show that they`re guilty later on in a trial because of something innocent that they said.

So as an attorney, you are hired to protect his interests and the interests of his children, and that`s exactly what`s happening here. A lot of people don`t like it. Even as I sit here, I think, you know, Come on, let the kids talk.

But as an attorney, could I do that? No, I`d have to do exactly what he`s doing. Everybody be quiet. Let the police investigate. We`ll step out there. We`ll make an offer to them. They refuse it, that`s the best we`re going to do.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This investigation has hit a dead end, that the investigation is being severely hampered by Craig Stebic, that he refuses to answer even the most basic of questions. He refuses to let the kids talk to the cops. He is hiding behind the attorney. And basically, everything has come to a dead end. He has refused to take a polygraph test.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We appreciate the public`s support. There`s been over 15,000 visits to the Web site. Many people have left prayers and messages of support for the family, and we appreciate all of this.

POLITAN: It`s been five years and Lisa Stebic still has not been found. Investigators have kept it as an open case, but at this point, becoming much more difficult, you know, in this search for her. Now, they haven`t found her. There were several false alarms where bodies were recovered in the general area but turned out to not be Lisa Stebic. So at this point, this is an open investigation and the search continues.

NEWMAN: He is adamant he had absolutely nothing to do with Lisa`s disappearance. As a matter of fact, he has not been named a suspect, and to this day, he has not been charged. The state`s attorney says now that some other high-profile cases are over, they are pulling this case back to the front burner, and they have some significant evidence in this case.

GRACE: The husband, Craig Stebic, has repeatedly denied any involvement in his wife`s unusual disappearance. He has never been named a suspect by police. However, now the Will County attorney, state`s attorney, James Glasgow (ph), says that he will put the Stebic case on a front burner.

Now, Glasgow is the same lawyer that prosecuted the Drew Peterson murder trial in the case of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, found dead in her bathtub. He now says the Drew Peterson case is over for the moment, that he will devote his energies toward investigating the Lisa Stebic Disappearance.
(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
END
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »

The case is still under investigation and her husband is a person of interest.

Video at the link

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/30/six-years-ago-lisa-stebic-left-for-a-run-and-never-returned/

Six Years Ago, Lisa Stebic Left For A Run And Never Returned
April 30, 2013 8:43 AM

WBBM’s Regine Schlesinger reports she hasn’t been seen since.

“It’s six years today, and we are still waiting,” said her cousin Melanie Greenberg.

Another grim anniversary is passing for those who loved Lisa Stebic.

Stebic’s body has never been found, and the family presumes that she is dead.

Her estranged husband, Craig, has been a person of interest in the case.

Stebic’s children were 10 and 12 at the time she disappeared.

“She was a great mom and gave them a great foundation,” said Greenberg.

Stebic’s disappearance was the first of two high-profile missing mom cases in 2007.

The other was Stacy Peterson, who has never been found.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2017, 10:33:45 PM »

http://abc7chicago.com/news/lisa-stebics-family-marks-10-years-since-her-disappearance-from-plainfield/1941813/

Lisa Stebic's family marks 10 years since her disappearance from Plainfield
Monday, May 01, 2017 05:41PM

PLAINFIELD, Ill. (WLS) -- Ten years ago, Lisa Stebic, of Plainfield, mysteriously disappeared and the case now remains unsolved.

Her family said they are losing hope that police will solve the mystery. Some cases, such as the Brown's Chicken murders, were solved years later and that gives them small hope.

However, anniversaries are difficult reminders about the lack of justice.

"We don't have a grave, we have no way for us to mourn and honor her on a day like this," said Melanie Greenberg, a spokeswoman for Lisa Stebic's family.

A mother of two, Stebic was reported missing by a Plainfield neighbor May 1, 2007. Her family said that despite the lapse of time, they are no closer to closure than they were a decade ago.

Greenberg said the anniversary is even more difficult because Craig Stebic cut off his wife's family from having a relationship with the Stebic children, who are now age 20 and 22.

The tip line remains open at the Plainfield Police Department. Lisa Stebic's family is still offering a $75,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.