April 18, 2024, 05:08:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa Stebic, 37, Missing 5/1/2007 Plainfield Ill  (Read 50532 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 07:07:27 PM »

Womans Own Tragedy Leads Her to Help Stebic

http://tinyurl.com/2xqoge

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »

Lisa Stebic Story Told in "People"
Family Hopes for More Exposure

http://tinyurl.com/2bw3s6

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 06:51:01 PM »

Report:  Cadaver Dogs Get Positive Hit in Home of Missing Mom Lisa Stebic

http://tinyurl.com/ysnjrg
(There only seems to be half the article and I haven't found another site carrying this story)

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 02:36:47 PM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
Report:  Cadaver Dogs Get Positive Hit in Home of Missing Mom Lisa Stebic

http://tinyurl.com/ysnjrg
(There only seems to be half the article and I haven't found another site carrying this story)

Oh MuffyBee - why does this not surprise me at all???  Wasn't it Lisa's husband who tried to say she met up with someone she met online or something???  Hate to say it, but sadly I think we've all got used to the spouse or significant other being responsible when these people go missing.  

I will say it again, as I have many many times on this board;  Get divorced (not that I want to see people getting divorced but it is certainly better than getting dead).

I wonder how soon it will be before these dogs get confirmation.   Sad  Sad  Sad

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »

Have not seen any more regarding the dogs however, I did find a website, the family is seeking help in finding Lisa.  

http://www.findlisastebic.com/index/

Can anyone tell me why her husband is not in jail???  Mad  Mad  Mad

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 05:16:48 PM »

Holmes says they never found any of the animals the Stebics are believed to have poached. He believes they likely stashed them in the hundreds of mining pits that dot the 1,100 miles of Iron County.

This is from an interview with a Michigan officer who had a run-in with Craig and his father in '95 -
If they think Craig hid dead deer in those mines, maybe that is where he hid Lisa...  

Heres the full story:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_152205923.html

AND HI SLEEKS
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 05:57:31 PM »

Bones Found During Search for Missing Illinois Mom Lisa Stebic

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lisa Stebic, who was last seen around 6 p.m. April 30, at her home.

The Kendall County, Ill., coroner on Wednesday will analyze bones found during the search for Lisa Stebic, the missing mom who disappeared April 30.

Local news outlets reported that friends of Stebic found the bones that police say likely are from an animal as they searched for her Tuesday in Silver Springs State Park in Kendall County.

The four bones were found almost exactly to the point indicated on a map of the 1,350-acre park a psychic hired by Stebic's friend and coworkers had drawn, The Naperville Sun reported.

Some of Stebic's co-workers at the Lincoln Elementary School cafeteria, acting on advice from a psychic, searched the park and another site Sunday and returned Tuesday to the park near Yorkville, The Herald News reported.

Kim Young, a coworker of Stebic's, told The Naperville Sun the psychic contacted her with a "vision" and only wants to help. She said Stebic, her husband, Craig, and her children often came to the park.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281725,00.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »

Authorities are awaiting more DNA results from materials seized from the home of missing Illinois mom Lisa Stebic.

A source close to the investigation told FOX News that one round of testing has been completed, but the lab needed additional samples. Plainfield, Ill., police expect to have the results of that testing soon.
-------

The source close to the investigation told FOX News that authorities intend to search a particular area of a local state park frequented by Craig Stebic, who often fishes there. It’s this park that was searched by co-workers of Lisa Stebic’s after a psychic told them they may find something there. But only animal bones were found.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285473,00.html

I still say if he hid deer in those mining pits when he was almost caught poaching - and they never found them - why wouldn't he hide his wife in one of them.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 05:42:51 PM »

Expert: Husband likely main suspect in missing mom case

A former FBI profiler says the Lisa Stebic case most likely is focusing on Craig, her husband.

Cliff Van Zandt says if DNA testing has confirmed blood on a tarp belongs to her, as an unnamed police source exclusively told The Sun, authorities know what to do.

“To me that says, then all other bets are off, and now it’s just about trying to prove what he (Craig Stebic) did,” Van Zandt said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/438042,6_1_na21_stebicweb_s1.article

I agree.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »

As Sleeks has posted above, there is a family website regarding Lisa and there are 2 upcoming events to help:

July 1 - there is a Pancake Breakfast Benefit and 48 hours will be there to document

July 7 - there is a scheduled search AND they NEED VOLUNTEERS
if you live in the area

again, here is the website for more info:

http://www.findlisastebic.com/index/

I sound like a broken record, but I still say, this guy is a hunter, and a suspected poacher - he alledgedly hid deer in mining caves - the guy knows how to hide a kill - they say there are hundreds of those caves and I think he most likely hid her in one of them - they need hundreds of volunteers to search -
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 10:54:11 AM »

I agree Festa.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »

Jennifer34 - after a while you keep seeing a pattern and in this case, I keep thinking about Quinton Ray and Steven Avery - the families in those cases helped and I think there is a possibility of that here too.  Craig hunted with his dad and was suspected of poaching those deers with his dad, so...maybe dad helped hide the body like he might have helped hide those deer carcasses....
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 06:48:09 PM »

Plainfield Cop On Craig Stebic, Leads In Case
Mike Puccinelli
Reporting

(CBS) YORKVILLE, Ill. On a blog about missing Plainfield mother Lisa Stebic, an anonymous poster wrote of a development that will generate headlines next week.

CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli asked Plainfield Police Operations Commander Mike Altenhoff about the chances of Craig Stebic will be named a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Lisa.

“It’s something we continually talk about,” Altenhoff sad. “The chief and I have talked about it quite a bit the last couple of weeks.”

But any decision will be based partly on the result of forensic evidence currently being tested in the state crime lab. Altenhoff would not say what those item are, but CBS 2 news partner The Naperville Sun reported that a tarp with Lisa’s blood on it was found in Craig’s truck.

“You’ve been around a long time and know that in order for us to get a prepared affidavit we have to raise our right hand and swear before a judge. So, I’ll just leave it at that,” Altenhoff said in regards to the tarp and Craig Stebic’s prior denial of owning a tarp.

Results should be back from the crime lab in the next week or so. While investigators wait for those test results they are also busy planning a massive search at Silver Spring Park this Saturday. It will involve hundreds of volunteers, horses and canines

“We’re working with two to three cadaver dogs to stand by,” Altenhoff said. “You know it’s been eight weeks and any reasonable person would tell you Lisa is probably not going to walk out of that park.”

Craig has been invited to join the search, but Altenhoff doesn’t expect to see him there. He says they haven’t talk with Craig since day nine of the investigation, despite repeated attempts to interview Craig and his two children.

“He says to media outlets he’s cooperating, yet he has not appeared at one vigil, he appeared at one, but I understand only at the prodding of his family,” Altenhoff said. “He doesn’t appear to be a man that’s really interested.”

Whether Craig participates this weekend remains to be seen. But if you would like to help search the park where the family used to hang out, then you’re encouraged to show up at the Kendall County Fairgrounds on Saturday morning at 9 o’clock sharp.

I'm telling you, this guy is a hunter, and unfortunately, he probably treated his wife Lisa as his prey - just like the deer he alledgedly poached - he killed her and wrapped her in the tarp and disposed of her body, like I said probably in those caves - If you're a hunter, do you know how to kill a scent...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 08:55:46 PM »

It will be interesting to see what the test results are when they are returned.  Reading through the news, I see that Lisa's family and friends have held fundraisers, such as a pancake breakfast  and other activities to raise money to continue funding the search.  Like Beth Holloway, they aren't giving up.  It doesn't seem very likely she is alive, but I hope she is found and justice prevails.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »

Quote from: "festa"
Authorities are awaiting more DNA results from materials seized from the home of missing Illinois mom Lisa Stebic.

A source close to the investigation told FOX News that one round of testing has been completed, but the lab needed additional samples. Plainfield, Ill., police expect to have the results of that testing soon.
-------

The source close to the investigation told FOX News that authorities intend to search a particular area of a local state park frequented by Craig Stebic, who often fishes there. It’s this park that was searched by co-workers of Lisa Stebic’s after a psychic told them they may find something there. But only animal bones were found.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285473,00.html

I still say if he hid deer in those mining pits when he was almost caught poaching - and they never found them - why wouldn't he hide his wife in one of them.

I too find this interesting.  If it was  hers, I would have thought they'd have known without inconclusive findings.......Maybe Lisa isn't a first victim?

Maine, born and raised!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 03:52:18 PM »

"Search for Missing Mom Lisa Stebic Shifts to State Park"

http://tinyurl.com/28fua9

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »

'We just want to know what happened to her'
July 8, 2007

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/couriernews/news/459941,3_1_EL08_A3STEBIC_S1.article

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 07:33:01 PM »

Just when you thought you have heard it all.........

++++++++++++++

Chicago TV Reporter Videotaped Wearing Swimsuit at Home of Missing Mom Lisa Stebic

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Chicago television reporter’s job could be on the line after videotape surfaced of her at the home of missing mother Lisa Stebic.

WMAQ reporter Amy Jacobson, who has covered Stebic’s story, was caught on tape by the pool at the Stebics' home last week by rival channel WBBM Channel 2. The tape reportedly shows Jacobson “in a swimming suit top” at the pool on Friday with her children and Lisa Stebic’s estranged husband, Craig.

Neighbors told Channel 2 in Chicago that Jacobson has visited the Stebics' home frequently since she started covering the story.

A spokeswoman for WMAQ said the matter is under review.

Sources told the Sun-Times that Jacobson said she was on her way to a club to go swimming with her sons when Craig Stebic's sister, who was in town from Iowa, asked her to come to his house to talk about the case. Jacobson immediately was taken off the Stebic story and was told to hire a lawyer, the Sun-Times reported.

>>>>The Complete Story

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288836,00.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2007, 01:17:08 AM »

Video of reporter at the Stebic house:

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2007, 07:49:42 AM »

Well Bleachedblack & Klaasend, now I just started my Wednesday morning feeling sick after reading these posts.  

OK WHAT is wrong with these women???

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.