April 18, 2024, 06:43:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #618 5/11 - 5/12/2007  (Read 161769 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2007, 10:41:33 AM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
Easy, its been better but everyday it seems like I'm getting back to where I was before January 8th, 2007 when I got the news that I had throat cancer..  I mean I never smoked and I have always been pretty healthy.. But the good news is that I beat it after 40 radiation treatments and 11 weeks of chemo of pretty hard stuff..

Terry I have been thinking about you.. get well soon.  Smile

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2007, 10:41:48 AM »

I guess I don't know their system but what I think I have heard is that they don't make deals where if I turn on my fellow murder, that I don't get a lighter sentence..  So no incentive to talk, but maybe I'm wrong..Forget about conscience, they don't have one..
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2007, 10:42:08 AM »

Quote from: "wreck"
I asked this of Arubagirl on the Front Page -- but is there anyone from Aruba (like her) who can give us the general "feelings" of the local Arubans lately? Are they "wising up" -- or are they still clinging to the ridiculous "lines" of the ALE/Government/ AHATA ?? I would THINK they would be furious at all THREE entities!!!!

The Arubans have had their heads buried in the sand since this whole thing started.  They are going for the world record currently held by North Korea.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2007, 10:49:20 AM »

Thanks Rob,

Its amazing how many people I have met and how many have supported me in my fight..  I had great health plan and my office supported me all the way.. So I was very lucky because I had nothing to worry about except trying to maintain my weight.. What away to lose a lot of weight, in such a fast time.. I almost over did it, I went on a 75 mile bike ride on a Saturday and then a return trip that Sunday and it almost killed me.. I lost like 15lbs and that was the scariest part of my treatment.. The doctors almost died when I told them what I did and for a week they took me off of chemo and radiation and my body came back.. I was told not to ride my bike anymore but I still do but only short distance 25 miles or less a day..
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: May 12, 2007, 10:49:44 AM »

I think the problem is that no one can sing because they are all guilty and have done this stuff before and have gotten away.. So no one can tell on the other without also telling on themselves..  I believe that most of these pimps have a pretty big record of drugging and rapeing tourist..  It was acceptable and if not for Beth it would still be..

I agree with this.  I also found it interesting that KJ's big case, in the Netherlands, was busting a gang.  I wondered if they are going for the "gang" activity on Aruba.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
With regards to the case, I know now that in the past few days some members of the Dutch did visit the Kalpoe residence and tried to talk to the two brothers, but were rejected.

There is a rest of the story!

THANKS for the update EASY!!

They can reject/refuse an interview?  Shocked  Shocked

When Joran, Deepak and Satish were released from detention at the beginning of September, 2005 ... it was with conditions.  There were travel restrictions and ... they were to remain available for further questioning.  Approximately two weeks later those conditions were lifted.

Remember ... in December, 2005  ... the family was led to believe that Joran would be brought in for further questioning when he returned to Aruba from Holland for his Christmas break and ... all that all fell through when Joran attorney, Carlo Antonio, announced that it was not going to happen.

Janet

Alabama Associated Press
September 27, 2005

An Aruban court has ruled that three suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway can remain free without conditions.  Wednesday's ruling overturned an earlier decision that restricted the suspects' travel and required them to remain available to investigators. The appeals court said there was a --quote-- "lack of sufficient grounds and serious suspicions" to keep the restrictions on the three men. Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers -- Deepak and Satish Kalpoe -- are suspects in the May 30 disappearance of the Alabama teen. They were released from jail on September 3rd on the condition they remain available for questioning.

Antonio Carlo
Live and Direct - Jane Velez-Mitchell
December 30, 2005

ANTONIO CARLO, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT`S ATTORNEY: OK, the information that I can provide at this time is that my client, under the Aruban law, cannot be obligated to come before the (INAUDIBLE) prosecutor to answer questions because he has now -- he has been released without any conditions. So under Aruban -- under Aruban law, he cannot be obligated to be brought forth to answer questions.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2007, 10:54:45 AM »

I have lived in Key Largo, Miami, Saint Augustine and Tampa and I have seen the attitude of Aruba in lots of those places, tourist vs the locals.. Example:  Lets say you wanted to get a permit for a fence on your property in Key Largo, you couldn't just call Sear's in Miami and have them do it, it had to be from a local contractor in the Monroe county..
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2007, 10:55:30 AM »

Thanks Rob,

Its amazing how many people I have met and how many have supported me in my fight..  I had great health plan and my office supported me all the way.. So I was very lucky because I had nothing to worry about except trying to maintain my weight.. What away to lose a lot of weight, in such a fast time.. I almost over did it, I went on a 75 mile bike ride on a Saturday and then a return trip that Sunday and it almost killed me.. I lost like 15lbs and that was the scariest part of my treatment.. The doctors almost died when I told them what I did and for a week they took me off of chemo and radiation and my body came back.. I was told not to ride my bike anymore but I still do but only short distance 25 miles or less a day..

Terry - we wub you!  Very Happy

And no one else but a peeping squirrel would have the guts to attempt a bike ride like that while being treated for cancer.  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2007, 10:59:42 AM »

Thanks Rob,

Terry- we all know how much you love to bike... if you're doing that, it sounds great to me.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Thanks Rob,

Terry - we wub you!  Very Happy

And no one else but a peeping squirrel would have the guts to attempt a bike ride like that while being treated for cancer.  Wink

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

The ground rat has more than the men in aruba.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

I assume everything is imported to that island and therefore everything is expensive.. I used to fly to the bahamas and I remember asking the locals how they got their supplies (tollet paper, auto parts, etc.) and they told me that Chalk Airlines flew them over and they paid them for that service.. Well I was thinking that I would start flying supplies over their but I never follow through.. So basically with less people wanting to go over there, I assume that basic economics 101 says supplies and demand makes the basic supplies very expensive.. So when I read the misdirection coming from Aruba, I know they are trying to redirect the anger of the locals against the local pimps to the tourist.. So blame the victim, has worked in the past but not this time..
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2007, 11:05:46 AM »

FROM Debbie @ BFN
There has been confirmation from a source at Fox News that the Kalpoes were arrested this morning for refusing to allow their home and property to be searched, they were later released.  

When I hear more information I will update.

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2007, 11:09:54 AM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
FROM Debbie @ BFN
There has been confirmation from a source at Fox News that the Kalpoes were arrested this morning for refusing to allow their home and property to be searched, they were later released.  

Thanks Gel - frankly, I trust Jossy and Easy anyway more than I do Fox news, LOLOL Laughing
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »

I also believe that Refro always had a hidden agenda as so many on that island.. Her misdirection cause a lot of harm and she has her minons that join in and fight against good. The funny thing is that when she fades away,  the minions disappear too..
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »

FROM Debbie @ BFN

Thanks Gel - frankly, I trust Jossy and Easy anyway more than I do Fox news, LOLOL Laughing

me too. Laughing  Wink

greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »

Quote from: "blah"

Looks like he's mad and ready to punch. Laughing  Laughing

Debbie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »

FROM Debbie @ BFN

It is nice to have confirmation from various sources.   Wink
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »

Everyone have good Saturday and a great Mother's Day tomorrow.. I need to wash some windows before it gets too hot outside.. Bye....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.