April 25, 2024, 07:06:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #618 5/11 - 5/12/2007  (Read 161892 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2007, 12:01:04 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
I know that I'm one of those annoying Pollyanna types,  Embarassed  but I can't think the Dutch would bother to have people handcuffed in order to get into the house if they didn't have something specific in mind they wanted to see.

Just what are the "Search and Seizure" laws there? Would they need a "Search Warrant"?

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

I'm hoping that part of this is an investigation of the investigation.

We know that the Dutch are investigating Aruban government corruption. I can't help but believe that the cover up of Natalee's death was part of an overall pattern of corruption that's being checked out now by the Dutch.

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: May 12, 2007, 12:01:41 PM »

I know that I'm one of those annoying Pollyanna types,  Embarassed  but I can't think the Dutch would bother to have people handcuffed in order to get into the house if they didn't have something specific in mind they wanted to see.

wouldnt it have made more sense to just get a search warrant?

I think they took them out for icecream to be honest
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #363 on: May 12, 2007, 12:03:39 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
Thanks Rob,

Its amazing how many people I have met and how many have supported me in my fight..  I had great health plan and my office supported me all the way.. So I was very lucky because I had nothing to worry about except trying to maintain my weight.. What away to lose a lot of weight, in such a fast time.. I almost over did it, I went on a 75 mile bike ride on a Saturday and then a return trip that Sunday and it almost killed me.. I lost like 15lbs and that was the scariest part of my treatment.. The doctors almost died when I told them what I did and for a week they took me off of chemo and radiation and my body came back.. I was told not to ride my bike anymore but I still do but only short distance 25 miles or less a day..

wow terry, great mental attitude!! You have in your mind nothing is going to stop you or hold you down and it seems to be working!! You are in my prayers.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #364 on: May 12, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »

What never ceases to amaze me, is the apparent feeling of entitlement some people in Aruba (and probably elsewhere) feel they have. If a police search team showed up at my house with reason to search........I would let them search. I have nothing to hide.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: May 12, 2007, 12:08:23 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

wouldnt it have made more sense to just get a search warrant?

I think they took them out for icecream to be honest

Maybe they didn't want the Kalpoes present for the search like PvdS was not allowed when they searched the VDS home?

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2007, 12:08:52 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
What never ceases to amaze me, is the apparent feeling of entitlement some people in Aruba (and probably elsewhere) feel they have. If a police search team showed up at my house with reason to search........I would let them search. I have nothing to hide.

Well, exactly! That's what makes all the difference, doesn't it?

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: May 12, 2007, 12:10:07 PM »

Posted by MF at FOB:

In an interview early this morning, the spokesperson for the Prosecutor's office acknowledged the visit of the Dutch investigating team at the Kalpoe's house.

As we all know right now they are visiting all the places mentioned in the dossier that they have been reading for the last months and seeing for themselves the areas described in the PV's by the suspects and the witnesses.

This time is have a better look of the position of the house, where they park their car and the view from other houses into the Kalpoe home.

There are contradricting statements about the reason of the removal of the brothers from the house. Apparently the Dutch team who only wanted to do a viewing might have trespassed private property without a warrant and the brothers reacted on their right. They were taken to a station while the investigators 'looked' around and orientated themselves.

There might be legal consequences for the way these investigators has acted this morning..... so nothing new, just the sightseeings continue.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2007, 12:13:49 PM »

From RU

dugo Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:07 am    

MF wrote:
Yes it is... it's just like a sightseeing tour of the places mentioned in a dossier you have read for months and now eager to see it personally.... and no, you do not have to have a warrant for a viewing, but if you step on private property, that is another story.

Sightseeing at Saturday 7.00AM? What a shitty itinerary..  

dugo didn't buy the sightseeing bit either.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2007, 12:17:24 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Tiger"
Where did everyone go.The story about the guy on lovers lane,who was an illegal,was it totally discredited or only partly

I think everyone decided to go to Rob's house.  Laughing

Shocked   ROFL  I could drive there in no time.. Robs is having a deck party and none of us were invited,.  Pffffttttttttt.. How dare he?   Twisted Evil

Matt used to post here on SM long ago.. he lives across the street from Rob.. Was going to Aruba last year or so? and was gonna go kick some ass?  Very Happy  He was kind of bashful when he posted.

Smile Hi all.....my Son's name is Matt....am I invited??
Keep up the good work all Monkeyssssss!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
From RU

dugo Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:07 am    

MF wrote:
Yes it is... it's just like a sightseeing tour of the places mentioned in a dossier you have read for months and now eager to see it personally.... and no, you do not have to have a warrant for a viewing, but if you step on private property, that is another story.

Sightseeing at Saturday 7.00AM? What a shitty itinerary..  

dugo didn't buy the sightseeing bit either.

.......ok..... are the locals such as MF simply "whistling past the graveyard"
--- or are they all still up to their ears in the 2 year preposterous cover-up of this fiasco?????  Shocked  Mad

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2007, 12:19:09 PM »

bleachedblack ... me too.  In the process of elimination in regards to a missing child ... my husband and I would step aside and ... tell them to go for it.  If the outcome implicated one of our sons ... then so be it.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2007, 12:26:08 PM »

Thinking about the "viewing"....Mamma Kalpoe had a story to tell about how she knew that the boys were home....think it had to do with her
ability to see the room or door or light ...???...from her bed.  Don't have that story at hand....but perhaps the Dutch would like to have an interior sketch of the house....can they see what Mamma can see.... Confused
IMHO

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »

all boys lie..............

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »

I am thinking the Dutch asked for a search warrant and the Aruban judge buddy of Paulus refused to give them one without specifics.  I think the viewing is to get the specifics they want to search if they decide it is worth it to do a follow up.

Not sure after all this time that there is anything at the Kalpoes to search.

Second reason could be to let the Kalpoes know things don't look very good for them about now and maybe they might just want to think about telling all.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"

bleachedblack ... me too.  In the process of elimination in regards to a missing child ... my husband and I would step aside and ... tell them to go for it.  If the outcome implicated one of our sons ... then so be it.

Janet

....because you have integrity.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I am thinking the Dutch asked for a search warrant and the Aruban judge buddy of Paulus refused to give them one without specifics.  I think the viewing is to get the specifics they want to search if they decide it is worth it to do a follow up.

Second reason could be to let the Kalpoes know things don't look very good for them about now and maybe they might just want to think about telling all.

Were the Kalpoe's computers ever confiscated?

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2007, 12:30:26 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
all boys lie..............

everyone lies, big people lie........... Shocked

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

I think "second reason" is the most plausible.  It is high past time to put the Fear of God in them!  Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2007, 12:32:31 PM »

dugo just posted this

dugo Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:27 am    

In Soviet Netherlands prosecutors need no stinkin' warrants  .. What is this being called in Dutch there, a schouw by any chance?

schouw translates to fireplace.  Is he talking about the Kalpoe place??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.