March 29, 2024, 05:44:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS  (Read 4247 times)
TexasBarMom
Scared Monkey

Me Oh My

« on: July 09, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »

http://www.kwtx.com/centraltexasvotes/localheadlines/Texas_State_Senator_Promises_New_Caylees_Law_125228689.html

"AUSTIN (July 8, 2011)--Texas State Sen. Chris Harris, R-Arlington, says he will introduce a new law that would make it a felony for a parent or guardian not to report a missing child.

Harris said he will name the law after Caylee Anthony, 2-year-old daughter of Casey Anthony, the Florida mother who did not report her daughter missing for more than a month and then later said the toddler died accidently.

On Tuesday, a jury acquitted Anthony on the most serious charges stemming from the toddler’s death, including first-degree murder, which carried a possible death penalty.

Current Texas law makes it a misdemeanor only for failing to report abuse or neglect.

The Republican lawmaker says the new law would better protect missing children when every minute counts in order to find them.

Harris says he will introduce Caylee's Law when the Legislature returns to Austin in early 2013"
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »

I applaud this whole heartedly................................................ but I think we already have the Death Penalty in Texas for child abuse! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/law-enforcement-in-wichita-falls/caylee-s-law-for-missing-children-to-be-introduced-texas-legislature
Caylee's Law for missing children to be introduced in Texas Legislature
July 9, 2011

::snipping2::
Texas State Senator Chris Harris says today  he will introduce a new law to make it a felony for a parent or guardian to not report a missing child for more than a month.

A Republican from Arlington, Texas, not far from Wichita Falls, Harris says he will name the new Texas law after Caylee Anthony, daughter of Casey Anthony.
Many Wichita Falls lawyers wondered how two jurors who said they couldn't sit in judgment on another human being could ever make a jury in a criminal case.  In Texas, judges will regularly excuse from jury service anyone who says they cannot sit in judgment on another human being.

Current Texas law makes it a misdemeanor only for failing to report abuse or neglect.

Harris says he will introduce Caylee's Law when the Legislature returns in 2013.

The Lone Star State Legislature convenes only once every two years.

By transforming the law from a misdemeanor to a felony in Texas, people who violate it may face prison time instead of merely time in a county jail.
Wichita County District Attorney Maureen Shelton has pledged to vigorously prosecute all crimes against children in Wichita Falls and the surrounding county.

Anyone interested in receiving free notice of future law enforcement articles should click on the subscribe button above this article.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:10:36 PM »

Thank you for posting this... I want to see this become a law everywhere!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.