April 23, 2024, 07:47:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWS  (Read 2846 times)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« on: July 09, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »

Minnesota Government is shut down due to failed budget talks but I have emailed everyone and hope to hear something from someone.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 07:18:32 PM »

I received a response from two legislators in MN which was encouraging to me considering the government is shut down.  Here is one response, I was so happy to read she has received quite a bit of correspondence about Caylee's Law.

Sondra Erickson <rep.sondra.erickson@house.mn>
To:XXXXXXXXXX
Date:
Tue, Jul 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for your email regarding Caylee's law. I appreciate your taking the time to contact me about this matter.

I have received quite a bit of correspondence supporting Caylee's law.  I find the provisions worthwhile and meaningful.   With the session having ending for the year, pending a special session being called by Governor Dayton, I do not anticipate this being legislation that will be addressed before next year.

For your information, under current Minnesota law it is a crime for any individual to obstruct, hinder or prevent the lawful execution of any legal process including criminal investigations into the disappearance of a child.  This offense may be punishable by up to 5 years in jail where the obstruction creates or causes a risk of death.  I will certainly keep your thoughts on this matter in mind.

Thanks again for your email. I appreciate and share your concern regarding the safety of Minnesota's children.

Sincerely,

Sondra

Sondra Erickson

State Representative
District 16A
509 State Office Building
(651)296-6746
rep.sondra.erickson@house.mn

To subscribe to my email update, please go to: http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/join.asp?id=10168

Rep. Sondra Erickson
State Office Building, Room 509
100 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
St. Paul MN 55155

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »

Here is the other response I received.  I won't post all responses but wanted to provide a sampling of what the feelings are of those I have contacted.

Tim ODriscoll <rep.tim.odriscoll@house.mn> Hide
To:
XXXXXXXXXXX
Date:
Tue, Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Tracy ~

Thank you for contacting me about the creation of Caylee's Law in the state of Minnesota, which would criminalize the failure of a parent, guardian, or caretaker to inform police about the disappearance of a child. I appreciate hearing from you.

In the way of some background, current Minnesota law makes it a crime for any individual to obstruct, hinder, or prevent the lawful execution of any legal process including criminal investigations into the disappearance of a child. This offense may be punishable by up to 5 years in jail where the obstruction creates or causes a risk of death.

The legislative session for 2011 ended May 23. There will eventually be a special session yet this year to finalize the state budget. However, a Caylee's Law would most likely be a topic that could be addressed in the 2012 legislative session, which is scheduled to begin in January 2012.

Should such a proposal to change the state's criminal laws to include a Caylee's Law come forward, I will certainly keep your support of such a law in mind, as the legislature debates the issue.

Thanks again for writing.

Tim

Rep. Tim O'Driscoll
State Office Building, Room 369
100 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
St. Paul MN 55155

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.