April 25, 2024, 02:51:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #620 5/14 - 5/15/2007  (Read 149403 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: May 15, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "msmarple"
The Portuguese police released that guy ... and I notice they're not using his name anymore - at least not in this article. Apparently the purpose of the press conference was to announce his release.

LISBON, Portugal (AP) -- Police searching for a 4-year-old girl who disappeared during a vacation in southern Portugal released a suspect they had questioned because there was not enough evidence to file charges, an official said Tuesday.

Detectives searched five houses Monday as part of their investigation of the 33-year-old man, identified in media reports as British, and seized some of his belongings, inspector Olegario de Sousa told a news conference. Detectives also questioned two other people in the inquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance, he said.

Portugal's national news agency, Lusa, quoted unnamed police sources as saying detectives and forensic experts searched the man's villa Monday, taking away computers and cellular phones, Lusa said. Portuguese media said police drained the villa's pool.

(more at link)
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/05/15/abduction.suspect.ap/index.html

One article that I read claimed that "Portugal was looking for a British person to pin it on."

At least they aren't trying to blame Mountain Brook, AL...........YET!

No but it's the same deal--blame anybody but a local!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #761 on: May 15, 2007, 02:01:08 PM »

I looked at the Aruban news today. One older article about the Kalpoe search at Bon Dia. Awermainta has a article of that public minister guy who got 6 years for 400 kilos of heroin,cocaine and mj.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: May 15, 2007, 02:02:26 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "MeMere"
OT.....Jerry Falwell has died....according to MSNBC

Jerry Falwell's daughter and my daughter have been very close friends for the past twenty years.  She is on her way over here right now ... dropping off two of my grandkids for the day.  Unless ... she is listening to the news on the radio ... I do not think she would know yet.

Janet

Sad

Oh, no!   I am so sorry for your and their loss.  Prayers for your strength to deal with this loss.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #763 on: May 15, 2007, 02:04:01 PM »

I hope that post is true Klaas. Would make sense since she has been MIA for almost two weeks. Friends of Anita eh??

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #764 on: May 15, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »

Thanks MeMere, press conference now on FOX.

Janet,

I understand what you are saying and yes, that could occur but I am still holding out some hope that forensics from the VDS recent search and/or K2 might hold some truth. If not and an agreement is achieved, in that Oduber rested at the top of the Aruba food chain for this travesty and the Hague at the dutch head of it - it is some measure of guilt resting publicly on both heads to ascertain that Aruba can be pursued by Natalee's family. It's not ideal nor close to it, but it's more than they have at this moment.

If that occurs I think we can expect to see the VDS family and the K2 to be roaming forever unable to return to their homelands, and for that I'd be grateful to know they were denied something in this life that brought them happiness and comfort. I do feel Carlos laid his own career on the line by aligning himself with Paulus and now both have been cast out to form their own tiny and corrupt identity in the land of sin they have fully participated in protecting. Carlos might well pack up too......

I also think IF Portugal solves Madeleine's disappearance it's yet one more black mark upon Aruba and Holland. I really think if it's a transplanted brit who did the deed or not, that won't be what is remembered. I think what will be remembered is that questions were asked early on if Portugal's LE was doing all they could, and they unlike Aruba stepped it up.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: May 15, 2007, 02:05:11 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
This was posted at Truth 4 Natalee this morning by someone who just signed up there today:

toots

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors ta bisando the friends di anita van der sloot are being questioned den e afer nathalie holloway. It is ansia esei anita moved things from her home in brought na su amigunan homes for safe keeping.. Her amigunan do include otro teachers an include bon dia editor julia renfro. Searches at scheduled for di homes di amigunan di anita.

I sure hope that's true!  It's the first positive news we have had that they are doing something.  Wouldn't Anita be surprised to learn somebody foolishly kept the stuff she threw away.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: May 15, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
OT.....Jerry Falwell has died....according to MSNBC

Jerry Falwell's daughter and my daughter have been very close friends for the past twenty years.  She is on her way over here right now ... dropping off two of my grandkids for the day.  Unless ... she is listening to the news on the radio ... I do not think she would know yet.

Janet

A mutual friend had called my daughter on her cell on the drive over here.  A couple a weeks ago she was told by another mutual friend that Jerry Falwell had never felt better since a serious episode he experienced a couple of years ago.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #767 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
This was posted at Truth 4 Natalee this morning by someone who just signed up there today:

toots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors ta bisando the friends di anita van der sloot are being questioned den e afer nathalie holloway. It is ansia esei anita moved things from her home in brought na su amigunan homes for safe keeping.. Her amigunan do include otro teachers an include bon dia editor julia renfro. Searches at scheduled for di homes di amigunan di anita.

I sure hope that's true!  It's the first positive news we have had that they are doing something.  Wouldn't Anita be surprised to learn somebody foolishly kept the stuff she threw away.

Have wondered ever since PVDS was denied his award money in that last court battle whether Julia and her minions show up on those wiretaps. All are friends of Anita.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #768 on: May 15, 2007, 02:12:34 PM »

toots

Very interesting... a good "rumors" source is hard to find...you know that rumors are afloat our there on Aruba so it is nice to get wind of some of them so that we can....

pontificate!  Twisted Evil

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: May 15, 2007, 02:14:50 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "Anna"
I, too, am feeling vaguely discouraged.  Can't quite say why exactly but a little more action on the part of the Dutch investigators would help.  Just digging up that freshly poured concrete would help.

BLAH,

There is a tip line associated with that reenactment.  Maybe that is the one used by KPLD, not sure.

I do hope they didn't let Julia post her number again to intercept any tips that might come in.  And let's hope they have posted one somewhere on the island that we have just not seen.

So one of the three missing Joran supporters has surfaced long enough to tell everybody nothing to see here, move along, move along.

How well we would like to!  Give us justice for Natalee and we will be glad to do so.

exactly.  If they had a tip line, they would advertise it so everyone knew what it was.   What kind of investigation does not have a tip line, or at least doesn't make it known publicly?

What if we had some info we wanted to get directly to them, how could we do it?

Well, I think most of us kept their email address:
voorlichting@klpd.politie.nl

I'm pretty sure Arubans could find it just as we could the FBI.  I don't think not being able to contact KLPD is the problem, I think no one is even trying and that's the problem.

They could also contact Diario as seems to have been the fav method of contact.  Seems some feel they need a middle man in dealing with the polis which is understandable considering every witness gets deported or locked up as insane, etc.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: May 15, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »

Quote from: "*******"
No Sure Janet..This case is gonna get solved and Jorans book all but assures that. He is marked. Do the KLPD go through the wall of corruption or around it? I would Imagine people like Rudy Croes who could be the most corrupt will never spend a day in jail. He already announced he is retiring. Other's like Jacobs and Maybee Dompig have to go down.

I agree with what you say but when the truth comes out there are just way too many things from may 29th on that have to be explained. When PVDS goes down the corrupt cops have to go down with him. I beleieve the the judges,govt officials,people in the prosecuters office and scumbags like renfro will all get a free pass.

I lean to your side here *******. The lies catch up to them. The communications and wiretaps tell the tale. Friends squeal. A lot can happen, even the reward money comes into play. I don't think the Dutch would have bothered to go to aruba in such force if they planned to close the case. They wouldn't have put their reputation on the line, vain as they are.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: May 15, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »

I think we all understand pap enough by now to get the essential meaning of THAT statement, Klaas. Could be big.

There is far more to AVDS than we think. She comes across as a clueless victim in her TV appearances but she is far more formidable behind the scenes. In fact PVDS looks kind of mouse-like compared to her. That's a DISGUSTING combination in a marriage. Maybe that is where Joran gets his desire for a power trip through life, taking advantage of more helpless girls. He's reacting against the dysfunctional home he has been brought up in.

Maybe Jerry Falwell will be more appreciated now. Though he had faults that I could see where others couldn't, I respected him for stepping up and publicly doing what others were afraid to do because they thought it might cost them $$$. The pressure on ministers to cave in to society today is ENORMOUS. By and large, he stayed consistent to his aims all the way. Even his enemies will have to admit that.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #772 on: May 15, 2007, 02:17:39 PM »

They probably found some good notes in Anita's diary that she used to write her book. Notes lead directly to Anitas friends..Like Renfro and other teachers. Sure would like to know what the Headmaster of the ISA knows about Natalees dissapearance. Since it is rumored Juron told him Natalee drowned.

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: May 15, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »

This outcome will pave the wave for a negotiated settlement between Aruba and Natalee Holloway.

Thoughts?

Janet

Disagree Janet. They're going down.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: May 15, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »

They probably found some good notes in Anita's diary that she used to write her book. Notes lead directly to Anitas friends..Like Renfro and other teachers. Sure would like to know what the Headmaster of the ISA knows about Natalees dissapearance. Since it is rumored Juron told him Natalee drowned.

I hope they question the Headmaster thoroughly and also Charles Croes as they both know some things if only they will tell.  Maybe people are weary of lying for Paulus and Joran since the announcement by Joran that he doesn't care about the boycott at all nor the economic consequences that would automatically follow.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #775 on: May 15, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »

Can you imagine them going through Renfro's computer and finding Joran's so called "stolen" notes, Wangchung's photos of Beth, Jug and Natalee, etc?  Renfro's correspondence with Stinkeypete...and so on. Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: May 15, 2007, 02:25:26 PM »

Can you imagine them going through Renfro's computer and finding Joran's so called "stolen" notes, Wangchung's photos of Beth, Jug and Natalee, etc?  Renfro's correspondence with Stinkeypete...and so on. Wink

And all the lies she posted places posing as other people?  They prolly accessed it remotely and she was very surprised or soon will be, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: May 15, 2007, 02:25:53 PM »

I don't know what there is to "negotiate" between the parties. All that Beth wants is Natalee, or knowledge of what happened to her. I don't think that Natalee can be produced, and I'm not sure that ALE has answers about what happened, they only know WHO... and I don't think they will give that up for the entire US Gross National Product. They have children at home too. The people who did this don't like snitches.

ALE is covering it up, all right, but only as a front for far more sinister people.

IF by chance Natalee COULD be produced, that opens up 1000X more questions and controversies than we have seen even yet. Like WHY they never were forthcoming before. That is not a road they will go down. No way.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #778 on: May 15, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
No Sure Janet..This case is gonna get solved and Jorans book all but assures that. He is marked. Do the KLPD go through the wall of corruption or around it? I would Imagine people like Rudy Croes who could be the most corrupt will never spend a day in jail. He already announced he is retiring. Other's like Jacobs and Maybee Dompig have to go down.

I agree with what you say but when the truth comes out there are just way too many things from may 29th on that have to be explained. When PVDS goes down the corrupt cops have to go down with him. I beleieve the the judges,govt officials,people in the prosecuters office and scumbags like renfro will all get a free pass.

I lean to your side here *******. The lies catch up to them. The communications and wiretaps tell the tale. Friends squeal. A lot can happen, even the reward money comes into play. I don't think the Dutch would have bothered to go to aruba in such force if they planned to close the case. They wouldn't have put their reputation on the line, vain as they are.

I also lean the same way...

these people are not taking any sh*t, either -- remember the reporting on how paulus was "manhandled" regarding the search?

and now how the Kalpoes were "detained" and escorted away from the inspection scene at their own home?

No, these folks are all going down.  I believe the Dutch pretty much had it nailed when they arrived in force and put the special lock on the door and now they are just "mopping" up all the possible loose ends for the investigating judge just before those warrants (that are probably already signed and waiting) are actually acted upon....

I also believe that there is Interpol involved (the treaty links the FBI to these folks) and that a lot heads are going to roll this time around...

The are going down and Robots is gonna be there to smirk at them  Wink

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: May 15, 2007, 02:27:04 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "msmarple"

One article that I read claimed that "Portugal was looking for a British person to pin it on."

At least they aren't trying to blame Mountain Brook, AL...........YET!

Right Easy, or a blue-eyed Dutch boy, or a bushy-headed stranger. Aruba has become the poster child for how NOT to conduct a murder investigation. Blame the victim, blame her family, get a media hack like Renfro to throw out rumors. Anything but the truth because it might hurt someone of your own nationality or damage tourism.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.