March 28, 2024, 05:24:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TEST AREA - Practice posting photos and using forum features here  (Read 310206 times)
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: May 21, 2011, 03:53:22 AM »

testing

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:25 AM »

melisb, here are some instructions I found online.  I hope they aren't confusing to you.  Basicially, you are copying and pasting the link over to your post.  You can check to see if the link is correct by previewing your post.  This is a good place to practice.  Try it as many times as you like. I'll be glad to help you and I'm sure others will too.  I remember when I first learned to copy and paste, and it was the start of learning new skills. 

http://www.ehow.com/how_5485331_copy-paste.html
How to Copy & Paste a Link
 ::snipping2::
Instructions

Move the cursor-using either the mouse or touch pad-to the end of the link. It doesn't matter whether it is at the beginning or end of the link.

Hold down the left button on the mouse or touch pad and drag the cursor over the link; this should highlight it. Release the left button; the link should remain highlighted.

Copy the link by clicking the right button and selecting, "Copy." You can also copy with the keyboard by pressing the Control ('clrt') button and 'C'. Mac users would use, 'Apple' and 'C.'

Move the cursor to the location where you wish to copy the link.

Paste the link by clicking the right button and selecting, "Paste." You can also paste with the keyboard by pressing the Control button and 'V.' Mac users would use, 'Apple' and 'S.'

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
_icey_
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: June 08, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »

testing

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: June 08, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »

melisb, here are some instructions I found online.  I hope they aren't confusing to you.  Basicially, you are copying and pasting the link over to your post.  You can check to see if the link is correct by previewing your post.  This is a good place to practice.  Try it as many times as you like. I'll be glad to help you and I'm sure others will too.  I remember when I first learned to copy and paste, and it was the start of learning new skills. 

http://www.ehow.com/how_5485331_copy-paste.html
How to Copy & Paste a Link
 ::snipping2::
Instructions

Move the cursor-using either the mouse or touch pad-to the end of the link. It doesn't matter whether it is at the beginning or end of the link.

Hold down the left button on the mouse or touch pad and drag the cursor over the link; this should highlight it. Release the left button; the link should remain highlighted.

Copy the link by clicking the right button and selecting, "Copy." You can also copy with the keyboard by pressing the Control ('clrt') button and 'C'. Mac users would use, 'Apple' and 'C.'

Move the cursor to the location where you wish to copy the link.

Paste the link by clicking the right button and selecting, "Paste." You can also paste with the keyboard by pressing the Control button and 'V.' Mac users would use, 'Apple' and 'S.'

Sorry Muffy...maybe I misspoke.  I'm not sure what it is you want me to bring over.  Do you want what I am looking at in the browser that brought that is that pages address?  I've tried to highlight what is in my browser and for some reason couldn't get it to copy.  I will keep trying.  That is why I try to put where I got the info like this am was from the IDS.com articl but I couldn't get it to copy. Dunno if it's some glitch or I've done something wrong.  Will keep trying cause sometime I'd like to post a little more but can bring things over that is needed.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: June 12, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

Magic Eyes Recap

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #785 on: June 12, 2011, 08:49:52 PM »

melisb wrote:

Sorry Muffy...maybe I misspoke.  I'm not sure what it is you want me to bring over.  Do you want what I am looking at in the browser that brought that is that pages address?  I've tried to highlight what is in my browser and for some reason couldn't get it to copy.  I will keep trying.  That is why I try to put where I got the info like this am was from the IDS.com articl but I couldn't get it to copy. Dunno if it's some glitch or I've done something wrong.  Will keep trying cause sometime I'd like to post a little more but can bring things over that is needed.

Hi melisb! I'm not Muffy, but perhaps a picture will help. This is the link, on this page, that would need to be copied. Anytime something is brought to this forum from another website, the link we request will be found in the same location bar (while you are on the site you want to copy for us.) Just look up at the bar when you find something, copy it, then come to SM and paste it in your reply post window.

Hope that helps!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: June 12, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »

melisb wrote:

Hi melisb! I'm not Muffy, but perhaps a picture will help. This is the link, on this page, that would need to be copied. Anytime something is brought to this forum from another website, the link we request will be found in the same location bar (while you are on the site you want to copy for us.) Just look up at the bar when you find something, copy it, then come to SM and paste it in your reply post window.

Hope that helps!

Thanks CBB.      I noticed melisb posted using a link yesterday on June 11th, so she either figured out how to post a link, or some kind monkey helped her: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=10312.msg1389015#msg1389015  We can still use the excellent illustrations and instructions you've posted, because I'm sure the question will come up again. 

_icey_
Scared Monkey

« Reply #787 on: June 15, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »

test
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: June 19, 2011, 11:10:05 PM »

test

daily news

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: June 19, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »

scared monkeys
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: June 21, 2011, 03:30:07 PM »

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: June 25, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »

Another trick when posting URLs.  Often if it's a long URL and often when Twitter URLs are posted they end up being broken or truncated.  To fix this all you have to do is after pasting the URL in your message box, highlight it then click on the INSERT HYPERLINK icon   above.  That will insure that the URL will work and not be broken.  Here is another short video to show you how.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="179" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=8ee6b50d6c&photo_id=5696533436"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=8ee6b50d6c&photo_id=5696533436" height="179" width="400"></embed></object>

HOT DIDDLY DAMN!  I finally 'got' where the darn icon is...on SM and not on the twitter page

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Maltmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #792 on: July 06, 2011, 12:07:27 AM »

Ever feel like you are so busy but don't get anything done?

So cute!

Maltmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #793 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »

testing

testing also and think I'm failing miserably!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: July 06, 2011, 01:20:25 AM »

testing

What are you testing?
Maltmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #795 on: July 09, 2011, 01:39:33 AM »

testing

What are you testing?
Just trying to learn how to post.  I joined almost three years ago and followed the Caylee Anthony case with everyone.  I was so angry after the verdict but wasn't sure how to post.  So, came here to try it out!  Sorry....
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: July 09, 2011, 07:23:06 AM »

testing

What are you testing?
Just trying to learn how to post.  I joined almost three years ago and followed the Caylee Anthony case with everyone.  I was so angry after the verdict but wasn't sure how to post.  So, came here to try it out!  Sorry....

This is a great place to learn how to post or to check out forum features.  I think she asked what you were testing so she could offer assistance.  Don't be sorry.  Come back and post!

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: July 10, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »

[spoiller]testingfunny/::geraldodance::[/spoiler]

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #798 on: September 28, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »

[/img]

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #799 on: September 28, 2011, 10:40:18 PM »

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Aliayah%20Lunsford%20%20-WV-/Aliayahx2pics.jpg[/img]]

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.