April 26, 2024, 11:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910821 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1100 on: September 15, 2007, 07:21:24 PM »

Madeleine: Police on trial for torture

Last updated at 23:29pm on 15th September 2007

The senior Portuguese detective jointly in charge of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is set to face a criminal hearing into an alleged cover-up involving another missing girl.

Chief Inspector Goncalo Amaral has been accused of concealing evidence that the mother of eight-year-old Joana Cipriano, who disappeared in the Algarve three years ago, was tortured by police into confessing she had killed her daughter, whose body was never found.
  The senior officer, who heads the Policia Judiciaria in Portimao, the nearest town to Praia da Luz from where Madeleine vanished, could appear before the secret hearing as early as next month, The Mail on Sunday has learned.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=482039&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

The revelation casts further doubt on the conduct of the Portuguese police, who have faced increasing criticism about their handling of the McCann case.

In a separate development, this newspaper has discovered that fragments of hair found in the McCanns' hire car, said to belong to Madeleine, cannot be matched to the missing four-year-old.

Sources close to the forensic scientists investigating the case say they have concluded the hair could belong to any number of people. This undermines earlier claims that DNA evidence proved the McCanns used the car to move their daughter's body.

The leaking of these original claims fuelled fears that Portuguese police were conducting a smear campaign against Kate and Gerry McCann as they faced increasing pressure for results.

Against this background comes the revelation that Chief Inspector Amaral has been accused of concealing evidence into allegations that three of his colleagues tortured the mother of missing Joana Cipriano in order to secure a confession.

Leonor did confess, after almost 48 hours' continuous interrogation, but later retracted her statement. But she was charged and convicted of murdering her daughter and is now serving a 16-year jail term.

The four detectives, plus a fifth accused of fabricating evidence, deny the allegations and say that injuries Cipriano sustained came when she tried to commit suicide by throwing herself down police station stairs.

The case has been adopted by the public prosecutor, and next month's hearing, which may be the first of several, aims to gather further evidence to help him decide whether to proceed to trial.

Amaral is not the only accused officer linked to the McCann investigation. Another is the recently retired Chief Inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who has been writing a daily column on the Madeleine inquiry for a Portuguese newspaper that has been reporting sensational stories, leaked by sources close to the police inquiry, some of which have later been proven to be untrue.

Cristovao makes clear in his column that he considers the McCanns are probably responsible for Madeleine's death or disappearance.

In the Cipriano case, Cristovao is alleged to have been one of those involved in the torture, but not the cover-up. Leonor was unable to pick out her assailants from among the accused officers on an identity parade.

Sources say the prosecutor is now investigating the allegation that police paid outside thugs to beat up Leonor.

Like Amaral, Cristovao denies all wrongdoing.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1101 on: September 15, 2007, 07:27:05 PM »

McCanns fight back as Portuguese police seek more answers

Kate and Gerry McCann face questioning by Leicestershire police this week, with 40 questions sent by the Portuguese authorities. These are likely to focus on alleged discrepancies in statements provided by the McCanns and their friends about the night Madeleine disappeared.

Meanwhile, Portuguese police are continuing their search for a body, including using aircraft with infrared cameras that can detect where land has been disturbed. A police source said: "It's fundamental that we find it so we can solve the case."

The McCann family started fighting back yesterday. "The main objective is to leave no stone unturned in the search for Madeleine," said Gerry McCann's brother, John, when launching an £80,000 advertising campaign to find Madeleine, mainly using billboards in Spain and Portugal.

In one of her last interviews before abruptly stepping down as the McCanns' spokesperson, Ms Justine McGuinness confirmed that the couple have sought professional medical help to cope with stress and that they arranged for their local GP to visit last week to check on the health and well-being of their twins, Sean and Amelie.

More than 18,000 have signed a petition calling for the twins to be taken into care, while the sheer number of letters and flowers sent by supporters has turned their Rothley home into what Mrs McCann describes as a "sorting office". Yesterday saw new statements of support released to the media, this time from two of Kate McCann's closest friends who dismissed claims she could have had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance and praised her as a devoted mother.

Portuguese police sources suggest the Renault Scenic the McCanns hired after their daughter's disappearance which provided an 80 per cent DNA match to Madeleine, will need to be repossessed and stripped down for further tests.

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2966952.ece
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1102 on: September 15, 2007, 08:29:28 PM »

Thanks for the updates Angie Razz

Looks like the PLE are gonna have a hard time proving anything at this time.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1103 on: September 15, 2007, 09:41:35 PM »

Sure looks that way. !
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1104 on: September 15, 2007, 09:42:54 PM »

Madeleine McCann: You are all guilty
The public is to blame for the heartless abuse being heaped on Kate McCann. The internet has blurred the lines of news and hearsay and the result is trial by global gossip

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2459924.ece

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1105 on: September 15, 2007, 09:48:49 PM »

Sure looks that way. !

and Sousa has quit. I can't see how this is gonna be solved anytime soon. 4 months of bungling and apparently no one has any idea what truly happened to Maddy.... so sad.

I'm sticking with my initial thought -> pedophile.

I can not see how the Tapas 9 could remain unmoved and un-caring toward Madeleine if they were involved. It takes too much to keep people who are not professional criminals quiet.

+++

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1106 on: September 15, 2007, 09:49:27 PM »

from above posted article

Do you find yourself strangely drawn to articles about the McCanns? I do. It’s not edifying: most of us are uncomfortably aware that the slender line where personal tragedy becomes popular entertainment was crossed some time ago. But, like every other person in the country, the story is permanently at the back of my mind.

I want to stop reading, listening, watching, Googling, amateur sleuthing; I nauseate myself with my own prurience. My appetite for commentary – which is all that’s left, in the absence of hard facts – has been sated many times over. But I can’t stop.

:shock:ewwww...geesh, "popular entertainment" - I don't think so...very disturbing perception--curious, interested, concerned, compassionate, perhaps...

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1107 on: September 15, 2007, 10:10:22 PM »

Maddy police: we blundered

Family release new pictures and announce fresh campaign as police admit confusion and infighting wrecked the early days of the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance

Portuguese police have admitted that confusion and disagreements in the early stages of the Madeleine McCann investigation mean that they could find it 'very, very difficult' to prove their suspicion that her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were somehow involved in the girl's disappearance and death.
The startling admission, ahead of a crucial ruling this week by a Portuguese judge on how the case should proceed, came from sources close to the four-month investigation.
The McCanns have strongly and repeatedly denied any involvement, yesterday launching a fresh advertising campaign aimed at finding their daughter.

The sources said that potentially crucial evidence about what happened to Madeleine, aged four, on the night of 3 May had been lost by the time the first local police arrived, due to the presence of 'the McCanns, their friends and others' in the holiday flat from which she disappeared. In the days that followed, there was growing tension between the Algarve force, which took the lead in the investigation, and senior officers from Lisbon, who were particularly sceptical about the decision to focus on a British local resident, Robert Murat, as a suspect nearly two weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, following a tip-off from a British journalist.
'British police and crime experts also suggested that Murat fitted the profile to have been behind a kidnapping,' a police source said. 'But the Lisbon investigators were from the start unsettled about the lack of any motive. Months later, there is nothing to suggest he was involved,' he said, adding that precious time and resources had been lost before DNA results prompted this month's sudden shift of focus on to the McCanns.

But the source - in the most detailed explanation yet of the reasons behind the naming of the parents as 'arguidos', or formal suspects - also told The ******* that Portuguese investigators were now united in their conviction that the McCanns' accounts of what happened on 3 May 'never rang true' and that 'they could hold the key' to the case.

Revealing details of the investigation, which were passed in a 4,000-page file to the judge last week, he singled out what he termed as contradictions in the 'changing versions' of events offered by each parent and their friends in the days immediately after Madeleine went missing. Specifically, he said Gerry McCann had initially told police that he entered the flat in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz from a 'locked front door,' but later said he had entered through the open back terrace facing the restaurant where the McCanns and their friends had been having dinner.

Kate McCann, he added, at first said the back window was open and the blind raised, while other witnesses disagreed. He also described how a plastic barrier near their restaurant table would have 'prevented any clear view of events inside the flat' and that contradictory accounts had raised doubts among the investigators about their claim to have checked on Madeleine and the McCanns' two-year-old twins during dinner.

Yet in an apparent acknowledgment that the police remain far from confident of being able to move on their suspicions concerning Madeleine's parents, the source also raised for the first time the possibility of prosecutors bringing lesser charges - 'notably, the abandonment or neglect of a child' - against them.

The McCanns insist they checked on their daughter every 30 minutes during the evening of 3 May. 'It will be very, very difficult, until and unless a body is found - and with DNA and other evidence so far inconclusive - to bring a charge of homicide,' the source said.

Madeleine's parents, however, insist their daughter is still alive, and an £80,000 advertising campaign to help find the four-year-old was announced yesterday by Gerry McCann's brother John, who urged the public to remember 'lovely wee Madeleine'. The campaign is set to launch in two weeks and will involve newspaper, television and billboard adverts in Spain, Portugal and other parts of Europe. John McCann, who is also a fund director, said: 'The main objective of the Madeleine fund is to leave no stone unturned in the search for Madeleine. I hope the general public will continue to support us in this.' It has also emerged that the McCanns have appointed former government media officer Clarence Mitchell to oversee the campaign, after their spokesperson for the past three months, Justine McGuinness, stood down last night.

Mitchell was sent to Portugal by the Foreign Office as chief adviser to the McCanns shortly after Madeleine was reported missing, before then returning to the UK last June. He is expected to resign from his post as director of the Media Monitoring Unit in the Cabinet Office this week.

Part of his new brief will involve studying the Portuguese press, amid concern that a recent spate of negative newspaper reports has led the McCanns to believe there has been an orchestrated campaign of leaks to undermine them.

To counter perceptions of an anti-McCann campaign within elements of the Portuguese media, Olegario Sousa, the official police spokesman since the start of the investigation, was moved from the role last Friday.

One police source yesterday referred to 'pure speculation in the Portuguese media' ahead of the judge's ruling. He dismissed a local newspaper report, which was picked up worldwide, that police were now increasingly convinced that Madeleine's body had been dumped into the sea.

Particularly upsetting for the family were reports alleging that extracts from Kate McCann's diary suggested she was sometimes impatient with her 'hyperactive' children and felt insufficiently supported by her husband.

Last night, two of Kate McCann's closest friends stepped forward to defend her, insisting she could not have had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance. Linda McQueen, 45, and Nicky Gill, 39, who have been known Kate since she was a child, described her as a devoted mother.

'To have these words said about her is just so unfair and hurtful,' said Gill. Asked if she had ever doubted Kate's innocence, McQueen added: 'Not at all, not a shadow of a doubt. They are the most loving, caring, family-oriented couple that you could ever meet. They are absolutely fabulous. Those three children are the world to them, as our children are to them as well.'

Among the issues the judge will decide this week are whether the McCanns should remain as arguidos; what further interrogations, searches or seizure of potential evidence will be authorised; and what charges, if any, should be brought.

http://*******.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2170338,00.html

So it appears the PLE does believe in the McCanns involvement but they don't have confidence in their evidence (due the crime scene being compromised probably due to the fact that they felt the child just wandered off and didn't believe the McCanns claim of kidnap or suspect any other foul play at the time) and Murat, they couldn't find anything on, BUT THEY SAY HE FIT THE PROFILE - interesting - so sorry, I'm still going with there is a difference between being innocent and not having enough evidence - and what is good for the McCanns is also good for Murat -

It's unfortunate the police didn't act as though this was an actual crime very quickly, I'm not blaming them, this is a resort area, how much crime does occur here vs kids/teen wandering off - I say this as someone who has been traveling to Aruba (and other islands) for the past 12 years - many resort areas the crimes are theft, not kidnapping/murder (at least that we hear about) the police investigate or are called to those kinds of crimes (robbery) again I know I was just robbed in Aruba (first incident I have ever had there in 9 years and I blame my resorts security not ALE, they were very good, btw)  the thing that bothers me is Madeleine's age, 3 - if it were an older child, 11 or teen then the wandering would enter into your mind, but how many 3 year olds wander off at night, I would think she would wake up and start crying, OR if she left the room she would be crying, NOT leave and be calm without drawing the attention of anyone - IDK - should they have acted sooner? they seem to think so....
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1108 on: September 15, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »

Festa I agree. If it's good for the McCanns it's good for Murat also.

I think they did hear something on the tapped phone lines that led them in this direction. But what did they hear and was there a language barrier? I don't know.

I saw a show not long ago that detailed how a local was responsible for the Jack the Ripper murders. And this analysis used all kinds of triangulation. It detailed all of the known murder sites and the person conducting the study or analysis concluded that the person lived with in a 5 block area. It was pretty detailed. I wonder if there is a way to earth google this and find out if it is even possible. I kinda doubt it because we do not know enough about previous cases and where  the other crimes against Joana occurred.

I have also seen case where people like BTK seem to fit in and no one suspects them of anything. They do not stand out and go about their business while everyone is searching for them.

I believe the person responsible for the disappearance of Maddy could be still unknown.

+++

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1109 on: September 15, 2007, 11:07:12 PM »

I heard on CNN today Anderson Cooper will have a special on this case tomorrow night.  Haven't heard about Fox yet, but wouldn't be surprised if Geraldo or Kimberly did something too.

Great Job you all on this case!  You excel as you always did in NH case.  I agree with Rob,  NH case is solved, just need the convictions.  Nothing we can do about that, so time to solve another case! 

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1110 on: September 15, 2007, 11:09:16 PM »

Festa I agree. If it's good for the McCanns it's good for Murat also.

I think they did hear something on the tapped phone lines that led them in this direction. But what did they hear and was there a language barrier? I don't know.

I saw a show not long ago that detailed how a local was responsible for the Jack the Ripper murders. And this analysis used all kinds of triangulation. It detailed all of the known murder sites and the person conducting the study or analysis concluded that the person lived with in a 5 block area. It was pretty detailed. I wonder if there is a way to earth google this and find out if it is even possible. I kinda doubt it because we do not know enough about previous cases and where  the other crimes against Joana occurred.

I have also seen case where people like BTK seem to fit in and no one suspects them of anything. They do not stand out and go about their business while everyone is searching for them.

I believe the person responsible for the disappearance of Maddy could be still unknown.

I have been curious about this also, regarding language, both sides, maybe things are getting "lost in translation"  (although I'm sure there are many on the force who do speak english, possibly a cultural barrier that is getting lost/misinterpreted in the press)

Also, I know this is lame, but I see on Lifetime they aired that movie tonight regarding Human Trafficking (I didn't watch) but I saw the tailend where they say roughly 800,000 people are kidnapped and sold, mostly children and young women yearly - not saying this is Madeleine or Natalee's case for that matter, but makes you think, (I don't know what the demographic is? who represents or makes up these 800,000 culturally around the world) that these "rings" probably think we wouldn't think this could be a possibilty - perhaps some of these missing who are dismissed as "wandered off", "left of own free will", may have actually been kidnapped for this purpose... IDK....something "sinister" to think about -ugghhhh
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1111 on: September 15, 2007, 11:25:01 PM »

Festa- I agree the language thing is prolly not that big of a deal. However, in Portugal they speak Portuguese. Not Spanish. I'm not sure what the major differences are. They share a border.

The only other country I know that speaks Portuguese as the first language would be Brazil. I guess there could be more countries, I just do not know enough about Portuguese and who speaks it.

So on one level I would hope that there is no language problem here, but who knows. On the other side, I don't feel that the McCanns speak Portuguese.

+++

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1112 on: September 16, 2007, 02:19:42 AM »

I know this article has nothing to do with Maddie.  However it does illustrate how careful parents or carers have to be with children, even inside their own home.

Man attempts to abduct three-year-old boy

Article from: AAP....September 15, 2007 04:34pm

POLICE are searching for a man who attempted to snatch a three-year-old boy from inside his family home on Brisbane's western outskirts. The father of the boy raised the alarm after he saw the stranger inside his house, carrying his three-year-old son.

It is believed the man entered through an open back door of the house in Diosma Street, Bellbowrie, in Brisbane's leafy western suburbs at about 8pm (AEST) yesterday.

A police spokesman said the toddler's father was inside the house playing with his other children when he heard a noise.

"The father of the house was on the computer and heard a noise and turned around to find a man carrying out his three-year-old son,'' the spokesman said.

The father yelled at the man to put the child down, he said.

"When the father yelled out, the man dropped the child in the backyard and ran from the scene.''

The child was not hurt in the incident.

"It's very disturbing,'' the spokesman said.  "He had the back door open, which you normally do on a hot night, so it's really just driving home to people just how security conscious you have to be even when you're home.''

At the time of the incident, the toddler’s mother was out walking with her parents.  She arrived home to find her house surrounded by police and subject to a criminal investigation. Police said it was not ye clear if the intruder was a pedophile or a burglar who was interrupted by the toddler.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1113 on: September 16, 2007, 05:31:36 AM »

Maddie snap adds mystery man twist

CHARLES MIRANDA in Praia da Luz

September 16, 2007 12:00am

DEVELOPMENT: The mystery man appears in the background watching Gerry McCann playing with Madeleine and the twins before her disappearance in Praia da Luz. The photo was taken by Kate McCann.
AN innocent holiday snap of a family playing with their father has drawn a mystery man into the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

It has also sparked police moves to take formal statements from anybody who may have had anything to do with the McCann family during their ill-fated stay in Portugal.

The broad, bald man appeared in a photo taken by Mrs McCann as Madeleine played with her father Gerry and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie shortly before her disappearance.

Strangely, the man was again seen walking behind Briton Robert Murat who was a suspect in the case early in the investigation.

Police would say little about the photographed man other than to confirm he has been identified and spoken to, as would a large number of others in coming days. They refused to say how or why he appears to have been everywhere that involved the McCanns.

Meanwhile, Kate McCann could be re-interviewed on the orders of a judge as police struggle to gather enough evidence to charge her, it emerged yesterday.

Investigating judge Pedro dos Anjos Frias is expected to order Madeleine's mother back to Portugal for a fresh grilling over the accusation she accidentally killed the little girl and then mounted an elaborate cover-up with her husband Gerry.

Detectives failed to extract a confession from the couple in two days of heated confrontations in Portugal, and police fear their case may founder without one.

The embattled McCanns have challenged officers to come up with a body or abandon their campaign to "frame" them.

Police also said they would speak again to numerous witnesses including an English sailor who owns a yacht in the port of Lagos just east of Luz. One police theory is that Madeleine's body was dumped at sea from a yacht.

Friends of the McCanns who were with them on the night the four-year-old disappeared on May 3, and Mr Murat, are also about to be re-interviewed over conflicting stories.

Those to be spoken to include friend Jane Turner, who told police she saw an unknown man carrying a child in a blanket through Praia da Luz 30 minutes before Kate McCann discovered her daughter missing, and her partner Russell O'Brien who said he saw Robert Murat outside the McCann apartment.

Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa said detectives believed more than one person was involved in the disappearance of Madeleine and more suspects would emerge once further DNA test results were received.

Police are also seeing if there are any connections between Mr Murat and Mr McCann with some suggestions the pair knew each other from Leicestershire.

Link

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1114 on: September 16, 2007, 08:18:51 AM »

Madeleine: Police on trial for torture

Last updated at 23:29pm on 15th September 2007

The senior Portuguese detective jointly in charge of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is set to face a criminal hearing into an alleged cover-up involving another missing girl.

Chief Inspector Goncalo Amaral has been accused of concealing evidence that the mother of eight-year-old Joana Cipriano, who disappeared in the Algarve three years ago, was tortured by police into confessing she had killed her daughter, whose body was never found.
  The senior officer, who heads the Policia Judiciaria in Portimao, the nearest town to Praia da Luz from where Madeleine vanished, could appear before the secret hearing as early as next month, The Mail on Sunday has learned.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=482039&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

The revelation casts further doubt on the conduct of the Portuguese police, who have faced increasing criticism about their handling of the McCann case.

In a separate development, this newspaper has discovered that fragments of hair found in the McCanns' hire car, said to belong to Madeleine, cannot be matched to the missing four-year-old.

Sources close to the forensic scientists investigating the case say they have concluded the hair could belong to any number of people. This undermines earlier claims that DNA evidence proved the McCanns used the car to move their daughter's body.

The leaking of these original claims fuelled fears that Portuguese police were conducting a smear campaign against Kate and Gerry McCann as they faced increasing pressure for results.

Against this background comes the revelation that Chief Inspector Amaral has been accused of concealing evidence into allegations that three of his colleagues tortured the mother of missing Joana Cipriano in order to secure a confession.

Leonor did confess, after almost 48 hours' continuous interrogation, but later retracted her statement. But she was charged and convicted of murdering her daughter and is now serving a 16-year jail term.

The four detectives, plus a fifth accused of fabricating evidence, deny the allegations and say that injuries Cipriano sustained came when she tried to commit suicide by throwing herself down police station stairs.

The case has been adopted by the public prosecutor, and next month's hearing, which may be the first of several, aims to gather further evidence to help him decide whether to proceed to trial.

Amaral is not the only accused officer linked to the McCann investigation. Another is the recently retired Chief Inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who has been writing a daily column on the Madeleine inquiry for a Portuguese newspaper that has been reporting sensational stories, leaked by sources close to the police inquiry, some of which have later been proven to be untrue.

Cristovao makes clear in his column that he considers the McCanns are probably responsible for Madeleine's death or disappearance.

In the Cipriano case, Cristovao is alleged to have been one of those involved in the torture, but not the cover-up. Leonor was unable to pick out her assailants from among the accused officers on an identity parade.

Sources say the prosecutor is now investigating the allegation that police paid outside thugs to beat up Leonor.

Like Amaral, Cristovao denies all wrongdoing.

Updated: 06 September 2007
Missing Joana in book

A BOOK launched this week to honour the memory of an eight-year-old girl who went missing in 2004 and whose mother and uncle were accused of killing her.

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, a former investigator from the Polícia Judiciária, is the author of the book, Joana Star, which he says he has written to honour Joana. The book is in Portuguese only.

Pereira Cristóvão worked with the PJ for more than 17 years and was involved in the Joana investigation case, but left that police force early this year to create his own Investigation and consulting business.

The Joana investigation was led by the Portimão PJ Department, which is currently investigating the Madeleine McCann case.

http://portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=21184

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1115 on: September 16, 2007, 09:18:49 AM »

I just am so surprised there is not more outrage at the way the McCanns' have been treated!!!! It is Aruba all over again in my mind!! And could be that there is a serial paedophile, snatching children in the area, and because of the PLE's actions, ie: blame it on the parents, if they don't confess; just beat a confession out of them, they may have gotten away with it...AGAIN!!! 
Actions speak louder than words!!! The PLE's actions speak loud and clear to me, shoddy investigations, smear campaigns, unfounded leaks!! Everytime I see the pain on these parents' faces I just want to give them a hug!!! Because they are forced to defend themselves against these trumped up allegations, IMHO, they are wasting precious time and resources that could be used to find Maddy!!! I would be literally out of my mind if I were the McCanns!!!
In reality, if this is a child abduction, Maddy very well could be alive. Why aren't the PLE doing everything in their power to find her!!! OK, are we going to hear next about an insurance policy scam like the BS Aruba pulled on Beth? Can't say stepdaddy impregnated her on this one thank goodness. It is absolutely ludicrous!!! She is too young to claim she ran away with the "blue eyed Dutch Boy" so they accuse the parents of "accidentally overdosing" the child, hiding her body, in a country they aren't even familiar with, with the media following them around 24/7 for 25 days, digging her up and burying her again/ or maybe..tossing her off a yacht at sea and no one is absolutely outraged???!!! My gawd, can you even fathom what these parents are going through???!!! It is absolute insanity. And I would be scared shitless...excuse my language, knowing there is another mother who lost her daughter who walked out of a police interrogation with a battered face who is now in jail for killing her own daughter and low and behold, same cops are here investigating my child's disappearance. Holy CRAP!!!
OH...and just so happens, the "journalist" that is running one of the biggest smear campaigns against the McCanns just happens to be one of those former cops who are alledged to have beat the confession out of the last parent who lost a child and is now PROFITING from the ordeal by writing a book about it!! So let's do the same to the McCanns so he can get yet ANOTHER book deal!!!Now there's a way to save your ass and make a buck!!!
The McCann's can't defend themselves because legally they are sworn to silence, but for 2 parents that were accused of dropping their 3 kids off everyday all day in child care while the parents played tennis and had fun, then doping them up at night so they could go out and have more fun, the pictures sure do look like one happy family having vacation time TOGETHER to me. Oops, wait, but one blogger claims the photos were "doctored" and he has a "scientific" formula to prove it based on the shadows shown by the dad's chin...HEELLLOOOOO!!!!!
This all just turns my stomach and hurts my heart and soul.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1116 on: September 16, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »

I'm pretty outraged. And the corruption aspect of this case certainly draws my interest. Idstlou, it's pretty apparent that this case is royally screwed up. I'm not sure the truth will ever be known and this could be another Lindberg baby case. It shouldn't be this way. And the fact that they seem to have no prospects of solving the case makes it all the more infuriating. It's gonna take a miracle.

Even the modern technology used by LE world wide has been compromised and rendered useless. This technology should have helped solve the case quickly but everything seems to have been done either inefficiently or incorrectly.

They don't get a 'do over'.

Each and everyday that Lenor Cipriano sits in jail reaffirms my belief that this police force and judiciary is completely corrupt.

Where is the EU on this one? Where is the outrage that a mother seems to be unjustly accused? Where is the vaunted Dutch Hague? Where is the Belgium World Court? Spineless ball-less weasels.

It always comes down to tourism for these small holiday towns. Solve it quickly no matter who the real culprit is. And the theory in Joana Case really makes your head spin.

When the real story (no matter what it REALLY is) comes out on this one, Praia Da Luz is doomed. And rightfully so.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1117 on: September 16, 2007, 09:38:25 AM »

Hey Idstlou- one more thing while I'm thinking about it. Isn't it always the people that claim there is a scam that turn around and write a book or try to profit off of the misery of those they victimize?

<<<===repulsed!

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1118 on: September 16, 2007, 09:49:02 AM »

Hey Idstlou- one more thing while I'm thinking about it. Isn't it always the people that claim there is a scam that turn around and write a book or try to profit off of the misery of those they victimize?

<<<===repulsed!

And I almost forgot, Robert Murat was trying to get a book deal ...this is only 19 days after Maddy disappeared and whether or not he is innocent, I find it odd that he didn't even allow the wheels of the justice system that he lives under to turn. ODD!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=456803&in_page_id=1770&ICO=NEWS&ICL=TOPART

Madeleine suspect contacts Max Clifford to cash in on story
Last updated at 18:57pm on 22nd May 2007

+++

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1119 on: September 16, 2007, 09:54:58 AM »

Lies, beatings, secret trials: the dark side of police handling Madeleine case
By DAVID ROSE

Last updated at 23:39pm on 15th September 2007

SEARCHING QUESTIONS: Some of the police hunting for Madeleine

Link

I wonder what date that pic was with Murat and the police...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.