April 26, 2024, 11:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910815 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1140 on: September 16, 2007, 07:16:08 PM »

I guess I am being a thread piggy..  I worked all day and just got to catch up..but I am Catholic, and sat here and thought to myself,.,. there is no way a priest will break his vow and tell anyone of anothers confession. EVEN if its in regards to a crime.. etc.

Found this on Google.. it helps explain better..  < I am not saying Mcannas confessed to anything bad>
This explains to help some of you understand. 

A priest cannot make his absolution conditional on you going and confessing a crime--i.e., he can't assign it as a penance that you go tell the police (or anyone else) what you did.

If he could do this then the seal of the sacrament would be meaningless as any priest could force any penitent to publicly disclose what he did.

This means that some crimes that come to light in the confessional will go undiscovered and unpunished by civil law, but the Church has judged it better to encourage the faithful to confess their sins by giving them an absolute assurance of confidentiality rather than leaving them to wonder whether the priest will disclose what they have done or--just as bad--force them to do so themselves.

The Code of Canon Law provides:

Can.  983 §1. The sacramental seal is inviolable; therefore it is absolutely forbidden for a confessor to betray in any way a penitent in words or in any manner and for any reason.

Can.  984 §1. A confessor is prohibited completely from using knowledge acquired from confession to the detriment of the penitent even when any danger of revelation is excluded.

Though Canon 983 doesn't address specifically the issue of forcing a penitent to confess to the police, it does cover this case implicitly by stressing the inviolability of the seal and forbidding the priest to betray the penitent "in any manner" (including forcing the penitent to betray himself) and "for any reason" (even reporting a grave crime against the civil law).

Indeed, as canon 984 states, the confessor is prohibited from using what he learns in confession to in any way harm the penitent even if he could do so without breaking the seal.

Breaking the seal of confession is one of the gravest crimes that exists in ecclesiastical law. Any priest (or anyone else bound by the seal, such as a translator or an eavesdropper) who violates the seal is automatically excommunicated and this excommunication is reserved to the Holy See.

(NOTE CAUSE FOLKS WILL WONDER: The penitent himself is not bound by the seal. They're your sins; you can tell them to anyone you want. But if you tell them to a priest in confession then the priest--and anyone else who hears them as you are confessing--cannot disclose them.)

http://jimmyakin.typepad.com/defensor_fidei/2005/11/can_a_priest_fo.html

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1141 on: September 16, 2007, 07:21:52 PM »

MADELEINE: POLICE TO SEARCH SHRINE FOR BODY
Monday September 17,2007

POLICE in Portugal believe Madeleine McCann may be buried at one of the holiest sites of the Catholic Church.
Officers were last night planning to launch a search at Fatima in central Portugal.

Devout Kate and Gerry McCann made a pilgrimage there three weeks after their daughter vanished from their holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

Just four days later they rented a car which police believe the couple used to return to the shrine and dispose of Madeleine’s body.

The search in Fatima is said to be one of a series to be carried out over the next few days. It comes as it was claimed yesterday that Kate could be charged with her daughter’s murder.

In just five weeks the McCanns clocked up 1,709 miles in the car and police want to question them about every journey they made. The couple claim they ran up the mileage making

frequent return trips from the resort to Faro Airport 55 miles away.

They were picking up and dropping off family and friends who stayed with them as they mounted their campaign to find Madeleine, who vanished on May 3.

But a police source told the Daily Express yesterday that officers were not satisfied with the explanation the McCanns gave them.

They now believe the couple made the 500-mile return trip to Fatima to dispose of their daughter’s body.

It is one of the few places in Portugal outside the Algarve that the McCanns are known to have visited in the days after Madeleine disappeared.

Officers want to examine a pasture called the Cova da Iria near the village of Aljustrel a mile from Fatima – where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared to three children in 1917.

Police believe Madeleine died as a result of an accident and her body was hidden before being moved in the McCanns’ hire car.

They are convinced Gerry and Kate McCann’s devotion to their faith played a key role in how they supposedly disposed of the body.

The McCanns’ visit to Fatima on May 23 was the first of a series of organised trips to raise awareness for their campaign to find their missing daughter.

By the time they signed a rental agreement on a Renault with Budget Rentacar at Faro Airport on May 27, Fatima was one of the few places in Portugal they had been to. Detectives are said to be “very concerned” about the high mileage of the hire car and believe the couple may have travelled a long distance to dispose of Madeleine’s body.

A source close to the investigation said: “We are looking for a final resting place for the little girl.

“We now believe the movements of the car in the days after it was hired are the key to solving the mystery.

“Everywhere they have been will be thoroughly examined. They did not know Portugal well. The only familiar places will be the ones they visited.

“They have said the only places they drove to were around the resort and to and from the airport but that does not account for the mileage they did in the car.”

Body fluids with an 88 per cent DNA match to Madeleine were found in the spare tyre well under the carpet in the boot of the Renault along with clumps of the youngster’s hair.

During police interviews the McCanns were shown a video of a sniffer dog “going crazy’’ when it approached their hire car.

Police had previously been working on the theory that Madeleine’s body was dumped in the sea near the beach in Praia da Luz.

The British dogs brought in by South Yorkshire Police allegedly detected a trail of death from the family’s Ocean Club apartment down to the sea front.

Experts in tidal movements were called in to try to establish scientifically where a body may have been washed up. Another theory was that Madeleine’s body was placed in a sack and weighed down with rocks.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/19301
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1142 on: September 16, 2007, 07:28:44 PM »

MADELEINE: POLICE TO SEARCH SHRINE FOR BODY
Monday September 17,2007

POLICE in Portugal believe Madeleine McCann may be buried at one of the holiest sites of the Catholic Church.
Officers were last night planning to launch a search at Fatima in central Portugal.

Devout Kate and Gerry McCann made a pilgrimage there three weeks after their daughter vanished from their holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

Just four days later they rented a car which police believe the couple used to return to the shrine and dispose of Madeleine’s body.

The search in Fatima is said to be one of a series to be carried out over the next few days. It comes as it was claimed yesterday that Kate could be charged with her daughter’s murder.

In just five weeks the McCanns clocked up 1,709 miles in the car and police want to question them about every journey they made. The couple claim they ran up the mileage making

frequent return trips from the resort to Faro Airport 55 miles away.

They were picking up and dropping off family and friends who stayed with them as they mounted their campaign to find Madeleine, who vanished on May 3.

But a police source told the Daily Express yesterday that officers were not satisfied with the explanation the McCanns gave them.

They now believe the couple made the 500-mile return trip to Fatima to dispose of their daughter’s body.

It is one of the few places in Portugal outside the Algarve that the McCanns are known to have visited in the days after Madeleine disappeared.

Officers want to examine a pasture called the Cova da Iria near the village of Aljustrel a mile from Fatima – where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared to three children in 1917.

Police believe Madeleine died as a result of an accident and her body was hidden before being moved in the McCanns’ hire car.

They are convinced Gerry and Kate McCann’s devotion to their faith played a key role in how they supposedly disposed of the body.

The McCanns’ visit to Fatima on May 23 was the first of a series of organised trips to raise awareness for their campaign to find their missing daughter.

By the time they signed a rental agreement on a Renault with Budget Rentacar at Faro Airport on May 27, Fatima was one of the few places in Portugal they had been to. Detectives are said to be “very concerned” about the high mileage of the hire car and believe the couple may have travelled a long distance to dispose of Madeleine’s body.

A source close to the investigation said: “We are looking for a final resting place for the little girl.

“We now believe the movements of the car in the days after it was hired are the key to solving the mystery.

“Everywhere they have been will be thoroughly examined. They did not know Portugal well. The only familiar places will be the ones they visited.

“They have said the only places they drove to were around the resort and to and from the airport but that does not account for the mileage they did in the car.”

Body fluids with an 88 per cent DNA match to Madeleine were found in the spare tyre well under the carpet in the boot of the Renault along with clumps of the youngster’s hair.

During police interviews the McCanns were shown a video of a sniffer dog “going crazy’’ when it approached their hire car.

Police had previously been working on the theory that Madeleine’s body was dumped in the sea near the beach in Praia da Luz.

The British dogs brought in by South Yorkshire Police allegedly detected a trail of death from the family’s Ocean Club apartment down to the sea front.

Experts in tidal movements were called in to try to establish scientifically where a body may have been washed up. Another theory was that Madeleine’s body was placed in a sack and weighed down with rocks.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/19301

Thanks, Angie.

This is just insane. Rolling Eyes There were tons of pictures of their visit to the shrine of Fatima, not to mention the crowds of people who followed their every move.

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1143 on: September 16, 2007, 07:31:29 PM »

VMS

I agree 100%  Insane indeed !!!   Mad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1144 on: September 16, 2007, 07:38:57 PM »

Someone at the Mirror forum is talking about BIG news that will be coming out tomorrow.  Will be interresting to see what this big news is.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1145 on: September 16, 2007, 07:41:58 PM »

Someone at the Mirror forum is talking about BIG news that will be coming out tomorrow.  Will be interresting to see what this big news is.
  Been checking Klass..  Damn those threads there move fast. Heck.. you read one thing/refresh and there are several more new ones started then .  <love the jib jabs BTW  LMAO  Wink>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: September 16, 2007, 07:56:55 PM »

This was posted on the AOL Message board by someone who "claims" to have an inside source:

JSpowart wrote:
 #72 - 9/16/07 04:35 PM

Right before I tell what I know I want to make it clear I am only the messanger, so no having a go at me ok.

I also cannot under any crcumstances reveal my source

The DNA in the apartment, is Madeleine's there is also Madeleine's DNA in the O'Brien Tanner appartment...!!!

Madeleine's hair was found in the hire car and after tests prove she had been sedated for quite some time.

There is also Big evidence that Madeleine is NOT the biological child of Gerry McCann...!!!

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/articles.php?boardId=441995&forward=true&listPos=_articleId:16:4638839557676285_threadId:16:3220469557847373_pageNum:2:15&articleId=122403&func=6&filterRead=false&filterHidden=true&filterUnhidden=false&numPageTokens=42

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1147 on: September 16, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »

New allegations against McCanns
By Caroline Gammell in Praia da Luz
Last Updated: 12:06am BST 17/09/2007

AS the McCanns begin a new campaign to clear their names, further allegations emerged over the weekend.

The hire car: The Renault Scenic hired by the McCanns 25 days after Madeleine went missing. New claims centre on its high mileage. Between May 27 and July 3, it was driven 1,700 miles, with police looking into the possibility that it may have been used to dispose of a body. Mr McCann puts the mileage down to regular trips to and from Faro airport to pick up family and friends. There were also reports that detectives were waiting for permission from a judge to seize and dismantle the car to search for "traces of skin".

The incinerator: Rumours that Madeleine's body may have been burned led to reports that police had sealed off two incinerators near Praia da Luz. There were also claims that Portuguese police were investigating furnaces in Spain, although they said incinerators had not formed part of their investigation.

advertisementThe 40 questions: Pedro Daniel dos Anjos Frias, the investigating judge, is said to want Mrs McCann interrogated again after she refused to answer more than 40 questions about her daughter's case. It is thought she could be questioned later this week by detectives in Britain. A spokesman for the couple refused to speculate.

Discrepancies: There have been claims of discrepancies in the McCanns' version of events the night Madeleine disappeared. Mr McCann allegedly told police he entered the apartment via a locked front door, but later said he had gone in through the open back terrace that overlooked the tapas bar where the couple were eating with friends. Mrs McCann's claim that the back window was open and the blind raised when she discovered Madeleine missing was allegedly contradicted by other witnesses. The couple say they checked their children regularly but have not gone into details because they are bound by secrecy laws. Mrs McCann described this gagging order as "really, really frustrating".

The mystery man: Jane Tanner, a friend of the McCanns, said she saw a man carrying what looked like a child away from the McCanns' apartment at 9.15pm but Jeremy Wilks, a television producer, has come forward to say he was standing in the street at the time and saw no one. He said he met Mr McCann, who appeared calm and unflustered, having just checked on his children. They talked for five minutes before Mr McCann returned to the restaurant. He said Ms Tanner could not have seen anybody because he was talking to Mr McCann at the time and, because the street was so narrow, would have seen anyone who passed by.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=3Z5L014VVQLKVQFIQMGSFGGAVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/09/17/wmaddy217.xml
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1148 on: September 16, 2007, 08:04:07 PM »

This was posted on the AOL Message board by someone who "claims" to have an inside source:

JSpowart wrote:

Right before I tell what I know I want to make it clear I am only the messanger, so no having a go at me ok.

The DNA in the apartment, is Madeleine's there is also Madeleine's DNA in the O'Brien Tanner appartment...!!!

Madeleine's hair was found in the hire car and after tests prove she had been sedated for quite some time.

There is also Big evidence that Madeleine is NOT the biological child of Gerry McCann...!!!

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/articles.php?boardId=441995&forward=true&listPos=_articleId:16:4638839557676285_threadId:16:3220469557847373_pageNum:2:15&articleId=122403&func=6&filterRead=false&filterHidden=true&filterUnhidden=false&numPageTokens=42

I have not even read AOL message boards.. After following Laci Petersons case on there long ago.. and some of the nasty people. I didnt ever even post.
I saw the link for the AOL at the Mirror forum, didn't bother to even look at it.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1149 on: September 16, 2007, 08:04:11 PM »

JSpowart wrote:

GOOD GAWD  "Spowart"  Tell us something we haven't already heard   Rolling Eyes

Maine, born and raised!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1150 on: September 16, 2007, 09:31:15 PM »

VMS

I agree 100%  Insane indeed !!!   Mad

It's a smear campaign!!! They couldn't beat out a confession, because of the media following so closely so they are doing their best to commit pshychological warfare on the McCanns through the press. It is absolutely awful!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1151 on: September 16, 2007, 09:49:44 PM »

CNN.. Anderson Cooper is having a program tomorrow night on Maddy.
FYI.
Hello and Bye ... it's getting past an old person who was up with the bunnies bedtime and worked liked a she demon cooking, cleaning, weeding and picking vegetables most of the day. What a fractured English sentence. Well, at least you know it's not an imposter.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1152 on: September 16, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »

CNN.. Anderson Cooper is having a program tomorrow night on Maddy.
FYI.
Hello and Bye ... it's getting past an old person who was up with the bunnies bedtime and worked liked a she demon cooking, cleaning, weeding and picking vegetables most of the day. What a fractured English sentence. Well, at least you know it's not an imposter.

Thanks for the heads up Kat_Gram
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1153 on: September 17, 2007, 12:45:18 AM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/17/maddy-judge-let-me-tell-all-89520-19800944/

MADDY JUDGE: LET ME TELL ALL
By Ryan Parry 17/09/2007

The judge probing Madeleine McCann's disappearance is set to lift the lid on the case.

Pedro Daniel dos Anjos Frias wants to "speak freely" about Kate and Gerry sparking speculation they may be charged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1154 on: September 17, 2007, 12:46:25 AM »

JSpowart wrote:

Klaas ... published articles from various publications that are posted on this forum do not differ.  Respective reporters accredit their claims to "unnamed" sources.  It would appear that none of the allegations pertaining to the Madeleine McCann case are derived from an official foundation … an official source.

Senior sources admitted …
A source at the Policia Judiciara said today …
Sources close to the investigation expressed …
Senior police sources say …
Today, a source suggested …
But a police source told …

It should be considered that … as Portuguese law stands today ... "Portuguese authorities are barred by law from discussing ongoing investigations."

The only published articles that I have read pertaining to the Madeleine McCann case that accredits official sources are those regarding the suspect status of Robert Murat and … the suspect status of the McCanns.

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6989960.stm

McCann files to be given to judge
September 11, 2007

Speaking outside the prosecutor's office in Portimao on Tuesday, assistant Luisa Duarte said Mr Cunha de Magalhaes had received the papers and decided they should go before an instructional judge.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/article/0,,2167166,00.html

McCann papers go to judge amid claims and confusion over DNA
September 12, 2007

The attorney general, Henrique Pinto Monteiro, who oversees the prosecutor's office, said officials would examine police findings and announce within 10 days what further steps were to be taken. "The investigation...is not over, and further detective work is required," he said.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1155 on: September 17, 2007, 08:28:55 AM »

Maddy judge: Let me speak
By Ryan Parry 17/09/2007
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/17/maddy-judge-let-me-speak-89520-19800944/
(snipped)Judge Pedro Daniel dos Anjos Frias asked magistrates' permission to be able to "speak freely" about the probe into the McCanns.

It is thought that he will make a public statement within days if Portugal's Superior Magistrates Council allows him.

It raises the prospect that charges may be brought against the couple.
(snipped)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1156 on: September 17, 2007, 09:35:41 AM »

Madeleine McCann Cop Quits Case: disgusted at the way parents treated

It has been reported that the official police spokesman in the Madeleine McCann case has now quit, Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa has decided to resign as he was disgusted in the way that the parents of Madeleine, Gerry and Kate McCann have been treated.

Sousa has said that he is upset how information has been leaked to the local press by local police in Portugal; he said that this is designed to undermine the couple.

Martin Brunt the Sky Crime Correspondent said that Olegario was taken off the case, as he is the police spokesman in the case and that case has now moved from the police to the prosecution. But this conflicts with stories that Sousa in fact quit on his own back because the way that things have been leaked to the media.

Yes, the "leaks"

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1157 on: September 17, 2007, 09:44:52 AM »

Maddy waiters: Gerry was 'perfect dad'

Bubbly Madeleine McCann was a "Daddy's Girl", according to waiters who witnessed her last meal just hours before she vanished.

Staff watched as her "devoted" father, Gerry, appeared to be "the perfect dad" as he lifted the youngster on to his shoulders, bouncing her up and down.

She demanded his attention, repeatedly shouting: "Daddy, daddy, daddy."

But just hours later they saw a different side of Gerry McCann - a devastated father, disorientated, isolated and afraid.

One waiter said: "The next time I saw him was about midnight and it couldn't have been more different.

"I went out for a cigarette and I saw a man alone. He was desperate. He was crying and just screaming out her name over and over again. He was completely out of it."

Another waiter confirmed: "It was around midnight and he was on his own and in a terrible state. He was weeping and screaming out for his daughter. It was awful to see. He was a man lost - totally alone."

Gerry, he said, was frantically searching a patch of wasteland by the Praia da Luz beach, screaming hysterically: "Madeleine, Madeleine, Madeleine. Where are you?"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/17/maddy-waiters-gerry-was-perfect-dad-89520-19801178/

I'm sorry, I just can't believe they are involved - I couldn't find my daughter for several hours while on vacation (albeit she was much, much older) and this is almost exactly like how I behaved - I never ever want to feel this again in my life - it is exactly that, lost and helpless, You run aimlessly screaming their names and searching, but everything looks so large and you don't know where to look first, so you run screaming, crying, looking, grabbing people -

did the McCanns drum up people from the resort (after calling the police of course) and question them as to whether they saw her, knock on local doors - this is what we did - You just don't think about waking anyone or anything else, you just want to find your loved ones, Is this how they behaved?
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1158 on: September 17, 2007, 10:19:28 AM »

I'm looking at articles around 9/12 stating that they were preparing to dig up the roads - and I posted one article that stated that they would begin next week (this week) - I also asked "Why the wait?" - anyone know what they are waiting for? permission? IDK, just curious - and searches, are they searching? anywhere? they can't have to "wait" for that - they did search around the church right?
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1159 on: September 17, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »

It seems the people on that thread are losing their patience with Hellothere and others posting - last week there was someone that vms and I saw on there also claiming "big news", claimed they were working for some new organization, but not British, and not as a journalist, but that person's name was something like "sieve" I believe - and I haven't been able to find his/her thread to see what their "big news" is/was...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.