April 27, 2024, 04:35:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910908 times)
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »

What a mistake of a child therapist!
Dark blond, and blond.
Blue eye and brown eye.

Madeleine: New Development Expected
Updated: 12:13, Monday August 20, 2007

A new development in the Madeleine McCann case is expected within the next few days, Sky News has learnt.

Madeleine now missing for 109 days.
Crime correspondent Martin Brunt understands detectives may want to question a man who was in the Algarve holiday resort of Praia da Luz on the night the four-year-old disappeared.

He believes the development could tie in with alleged inconsistencies in the statements of those who were with Gerry and Kate McCann on May 3.

It follows reports in the local Portuguese media that police may be about to arrest a second British suspect.

Brunt says increased activity surrounding the case rings true with recent suggestions from Portuguese police that developments are likely within the next few weeks.

Mistaken identity: Sjanneke Hofstede
Police leave has been cancelled and officers have been granted a number of new search warrants which they are expected to execute within the next 48 hours.

"Certainly there is renewed activity in the case," Brunt said.

"More searches are about to begin and there could be a new suspect. It all suggests there is a new impetus to the investigation."

The latest developments in the case come as investigators wait on DNA test results on specs of blood found inside the McCanns's Algarve holiday home.

Madeleine has now been missing for 109 days. She vanished from the flat as her parents dined nearby.

Meanwhile, Belgian police have ruled out a possible sighting of Madeleine at a cafe last month.

The four-year-old in question, Sjanneke Hofstede, was spotted at the cafe with her father.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2007, 09:27:55 AM »

http://www.anorak.co.uk/news/madeleine-mccann/176048.html

Indeed....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1280780,00.html

Madeleine Police Boss Feeling 'Positive'
Updated: 17:05, Tuesday August 21, 2007

The Portuguese detective leading the hunt for Madeleine McCann says he has a "positive feeling" about the inquiry.

Madeleine: missing for 110 daysChief Inspector Olegario Sousa also indicated that a clearer picture may be emerging of what happened to the child on the night she vanished.

Mr Sousa was speaking as detectives awaited the results of tests on specks of blood found in the Praia da Luz holiday flat from where the four-year-old disappeared on May 3.

The spokesman for Portugal's investigative Policia Judiciaria said: "We have already said that all the lines are still open.

"...We haven't enough information to make the picture of what happened that night. But we are with a positive feeling on this."

Pressed on whether a clearer picture of what had happened to Madeleine was emerging, he said: "Yes, you might say so.

"But we are not with all the information at the moment - we are putting together information."

Mr Sousa's latest comments come amid renewed police activity in the Algarve resort town.

All police leave has been cancelled and officers have been granted a number of new search warrants which they are expected to execute over the next few days.

It is now 110 days since Madeleine disappeared from her family's apartment as her parents, Kate and Gerry, dined nearby with friends.

Anglo-Portuguese ex-pat Robert Murat, 33, is still the only official suspect in the case.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2007, 04:23:07 PM »

Madeleine McCann's Parents Tell Spanish Papers They Think Their Daughter is Alive in Spain
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294120,00.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2007, 12:18:25 PM »

In EU laws on sex offenders and crimes against children!!! Oh really????? And that after almost 4 months! Muy bueno!

McCann Campaign May Force Law Change
Updated: 08:43, Thursday August 23, 2007

The campaign to find Madeleine McCann may force a change in EU laws on sex offenders and crimes against children.

MEPs back changes to lawMEPs overwhelmingly support creating an EU-wide sex offenders register - and politicians across Europe want crimes involving children to be treated the same way in all member states.

The views were aired as part of a survey commissioned by the campaign to find Madeleine McCann, who was snatched from her parents' holiday flat in Portugal 112 days ago.

Numerous sightings of the four-year-old have been reported across Europe and North Africa, including in Belgium, Malta and Morocco.

Almost every MEP surveyed (97%) agreed there should be an EU-wide sex offenders register, and 95% said police should treat serious crimes involving children exactly the same across Europe.

Nearly nine out of 10 MEPs would support the introduction of a common EU policy on child abduction cases.

The research also looked at attitudes of British MPs, 84% of whom believed sex offenders should be tracked as they move across Europe and forced to register with local police.

McCanns call for more discussionsAlmost nine in 10 MPs felt that the UK's Child Rescue Alert - an emergency scheme to publicise suspected child abductions within hours - should be extended across the EU.

Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leicestershire, have travelled around Europe to publicise their daughter's disappearance.

They said she could have been taken to another country by abductors taking advantage of the EU's porous borders.

Mr McCann said "We are pleased to see that elected members of both the UK and European parliaments agree that changes to legislation and greater consistency across the European Union are needed.

"Kate and I would like to encourage further debate on how Europe can best manage serious crimes such as child abduction."

:: Populus surveyed 50 UK MPs selected to be representative of all the political parties at Westminster between July 9 and 25.

CommunicateResearch surveyed 105 MEPs selected to be representative of all the major EU member states and political groups in the European Parliament between July 19 and August 2.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2007, 02:30:48 PM »

Spanish police investigating reported sighting of missing British girl Madeleine McCann

The Associated Press
Published: August 23, 2007

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/08/23/europe/EU-GEN-Spain-Missing-Girl.php

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2007, 04:17:08 PM »

The longer Maddy is missing the more similarities between this case and the handling of the Holloway case come to light. Now we are at the "blame-the-parents" stage. Blame them, anger them until perhaps to others they might look to have anger management issues? Maybe they will look as though there is anagenda? They will try to carry on as long as they can in the search for their precious child.......but in the end they will go home without her. They will try to go on with their lives everyday feeling that hollow void
and remembering........

+++++++++++++
Madeleine McCann overdose claim angers McCanns

August 26, 2007 05:28pm
THE family of missing English girl Madeleine McCann are furious after a Portuguese newspaper report which said police believed she was killed by her parents.

The four-year-old's father Gerry  was accused, along with his wife Kate, of accidentally killing Madeleine with an overdose of sedatives.

It is 114 days since Madeleine vanished from her bed in the McCanns' holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, while her parents were at a nearby restaurant.

The McCanns, both 39, have remained in the Algarve with their two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, clinging to the hope that Madeleine would be found alive.

Portuguese newspaper Tal & Qual ran a front-page picture of Mr and Mrs McCann and the headline: "Police believe parents killed Maddie".

Inside, the paper alleged Madeleine died as a result of an overdose of sedatives given to help her sleep, the British Press Association reported.

The McCanns denied giving her such medication.

Tal & Qual claimed Portuguese detectives "are almost absolutely certain that Madeleine was killed by accident by her parents".

The paper attributed its story to an anonymous source close to the investigation and even speculated about the prison sentence someone might get for the crimes of homicide by negligence and hiding a body.

"It's incredibly hurtful and incredibly untrue. Even if somebody could think that, there is just absolutely no evidence pointing in that direction," Mr McCann said.

"Without anything else, what that implies is that we somehow did it, we did it together, managed to dispose of Madeleine without a car, without anything, that the whole group was involved, that there must have been other people involved.

"It is just so absurd, it is just not credible. But we will come through it. We will not stop and it will move on. My opinion of what happened has not changed in 16 weeks."

Mr McCann attacked anonymous police sources who have been feeding allegations to the Portuguese press, apparently in breach of the country's laws preventing details of investigations being made public.

"I am disappointed that so much information is in the public domain in a country that supposedly has judicial secrecy," he said.

The journalist who wrote the story, Catarina Vaz Guerreiro, said: "I can't reveal my source, but I have complete trust in them.

"I strongly believe the person who told us this information is telling us the truth."

The story was dismissed by Portuguese polic

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22308860-663,00.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1282178,00.html

Madeleine's Parents To Sue Newspaper
Updated: 16:03, Friday August 31, 2007

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have confirmed they are suing a Portuguese newspaper that claimed they killed their daughter.
(snipped)
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2007, 07:21:44 AM »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1282178,00.html

Madeleine's Parents To Sue Newspaper
Updated: 16:03, Friday August 31, 2007

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have confirmed they are suing a Portuguese newspaper that claimed they killed their daughter.
(snipped)

Morning Monkeys - I cannot believe they are trying to lay this trip on the parents.  I guess that is what you call 'go in that direction when we don't know where else to go.'   Mad  Did that LE ever hear of 'keep looking.'  ???

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2007, 11:25:35 AM »

Although I think the parents used poor judgement in leaving the children alone and I think they said the doors were unlocked. Hindsight is 20/20. They probably wish the same thing.

A few years ago our son and daughter in law snuck out of the hotel room while children were sleeping. A 3 year old and a 7 year old. Parents were gone about 15 minutes but evidently the 3 year old woke up and went out the door , 7 year old also woke up to 3 year old leaving. She too went out the door. Now they are both in the hallway and can't get back in the room. The 3 year old now is confused about which door is theres. Pounding on the wrong door. Thank God the person in the room was not a pedophile or worse. He called security so when son and DIL came back to room security was coming from the opposite direction.

They never made the same mistake again . Again Thank God.

Just a swinging with the tribe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2007, 03:44:30 PM »

Here is an interesting article I found on the internet today:

"Madeleine: one fact, many lies, endless grief"
It’s now 124 days since Madeleine McCann disappeared. Our correspondent charts a story that became global, lurid and often invented – and hears how the McCanns learnt to think positively after imagining the darkest scenarios and suffering uncontrollable grief"

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article2379833.ece

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2007, 12:41:24 PM »

Police failed to tell McCanns of possible breakthrough

05/09/2007 - 5:19:40 PM

Portuguese police failed to tell the parents of missing Madeleine McCann about a possible forensic breakthrough that could end their agonising wait to learn what happened to their daughter.

Kate and Gerry McCann only heard about the apparent development after a newspaper report today that tests at a British laboratory had produced “significant new information”.

Experts at the Forensic Science Service (FSS) in Birmingham have spent the past month analysing samples taken from the McCanns’ holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/news/bstory.asp?j=15021944&p=y5xzy99x&n=15022032

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »

MADELEINE MCCANN: 'BLOOD ON THE WALLS'

Madeleine McCann's blood has been found on the walls of the holiday flat where she slept, according to fresh reports in Portugal.

Police say attempts were made to clean it off, making it likely that the four-year-old was killed, either by accident or design, in the holiday complex in Praia da Luz .....

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/?storyID=8102

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »

Also SKY news:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1282926,00.html

Madeleine: Forensic Results Returned
Updated: 17:35, Wednesday September 05, 2007

Police hunting missing Madeleine McCann have finally received the results of forensic tests from a laboratory in Britain.
Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt has learned that the results are expected to lead to a significant development.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2007, 01:42:25 PM »

Phone intercepts ‘confirm Maddy’s death’

Intercepted telephone calls and emails between the McCanns and their friends have "confirmed the death of Madeleine" say police, according to one Portuguese newspaper today. The intercepts are said to have been made in a joint operation conducted by Portuguese and British police officers....

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=8144

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2007, 02:21:52 PM »

I hadn't realized until today that they say their was definately blood on the walls, and it was definately Madelines.  That is sad to hear. 

I'm curious to the new developments on the case as far as the forensics go.....Maybe the parents do know more than they want everyone to believe.   Sad

Maine, born and raised!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »

I apologize.

The two articles I provided from "The First Post" were actually posted on August 6th and 8th respectively and ... reposted today. Klaas considers this publication nothing more than a tabloid.

However ... considering the articles in other media outlets today regarding the pending revelation concerning the forensic tests conducted in Britain ... I believe something is about to break.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2007, 03:34:54 PM »

Madeleine: Forensic Results Returned
Updated: 18:48, Wednesday September 05, 2007

Police hunting missing Madeleine McCann have finally received the results of forensic tests from a laboratory in Britain ....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1282926,00.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »

I hadn't realized until today that they say their was definately blood on the walls, and it was definately Madelines.  That is sad to hear. 

I'm curious to the new developments on the case as far as the forensics go.....Maybe the parents do know more than they want everyone to believe.   Sad

MsVada I didn't know until today either that there was definitely blood on the walls and it was definitely Madeleine's.  I had read a couple weeks ago blood was found on the walls, but that it was supposedly a tourists from a different stay.  (and a man's blood, no less)   Here is the link to that: http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=1590&id=1296452007  Maybe we were misled until all the tests could be made and more investigation completed before the information that it was Maddy's was released.  I'm wondering if it is all a part of a strategy from the police to find the killers.  I understand from another news article the parents and their friends on the trip are to be requestioned. It appears Madeleine isn't of this world any longer and it pains me to realize that.  I hope whomever harmed her and took her young life will answer for it.  Poor little angel, if she is indeed gone.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2007, 03:35:56 PM »

Madeleine police 'handed forensic evidence'
By Caroline Gammell in Praia da Luz

Last Updated: 7:21pm BST 05/09/2007
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have been handed significant forensic evidence which could lead to arrests in the case ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/05/nmaddy105.xml

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.