April 27, 2024, 12:25:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910844 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1240 on: September 17, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »

Judge refuses to order McCanns back to Portugal
By Mirror.co.uk 17/09/2007
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/17/judge-refuses-to-order-mccanns-back-to-portugal-89520-19803597/
The judge in the Madeleine McCann case has rejected a request to have Kate and Gerry McCann brought back to Portugal for further questioning, it was claimed today.

Instead, British police are likely to be asked to re-interview the McCanns, according to reports in Portugal.

Judge Pedro Daniel dos Anjos Frias has rejected a request from prosecutors to bring the McCanns back to Lagos, where they were questioned intensively by Portguese detectives before flying home to Lincolnshire.

Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha claims the police will now ask British detectives to put around 40 questions to the McCanns on their behalf.
(snipped)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1241 on: September 17, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

vms- thank you for the window photos. I cropped and blew them up and tried to see if there was anything identifiable, such as a break-in point. There was not or I would have naturally circle some stuff for you to all scrutinize. I do not see any area that indicates a break in.

does not mean it didn't happen, just means I see nothing.

here are the enlargements in case someone else sees something.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1242 on: September 17, 2007, 07:23:02 PM »

From The Times
September 18, 2007
Kate and Gerry McCann go straight to Gordon Brown in search for more powerful backers
David Brown, Steve Bird in Praia da Luz, Patrick Foster
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2477770.ece
Gordon Brown has been updated on the investigation into Kate and Gerry McCann by the couple’s advisers, who told him that Portuguese detectives had no proof that they killed their daughter.

The Prime Minister, who has been an influential supporter of the couple, has previously persuaded the Portuguese authorities to release details of their investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance from an Algarve holiday apartment 138 days ago.

The move comes amid reports that a Portuguese judge has ruled that the couple should not be forced to return to the Algarve to face further questioning but should instead be interviewed by police in Britain.

Mr McCann spoke to Mr Brown several times and David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary, twice before he and his wife were declared official suspects by Portuguese detectives 11 days ago. All ministerial contact was severed immediately because of the sensitive nature of their legal status.
(snipped)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1243 on: September 17, 2007, 07:23:23 PM »

Sorry I posted the wrong pics. Try these.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1244 on: September 17, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »

Does anyone remember this?

This is the woman that did the forensics on the blanket found.... look at her foot wear. A crime scene could be contaminated by debris from her home.

I wonder if this is the same woman outside the apartment.

+++

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1245 on: September 17, 2007, 07:47:50 PM »

Does anyone remember this?

This is the woman that did the forensics on the blanket found.... look at her foot wear. A crime scene could be contaminated by debris from her home.

I wonder if this is the same woman outside the apartment.
I wouldn't doubt it.

On Jeremy Wilkins - goes by the name of Jes - (I believe)
Just trying to weigh it all out. Could he be mistaken and not Tanner, if that makes sense.

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1246 on: September 17, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »

Kate McCann 'will not be reinterviewed in Portugal'
By Ian Herbert in Praia da Luz
Published: 18 September 2007
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2973534.ece
The judge considering evidence in the Madeleine McCann case has rejected a request by prosecutors to bring her mother back to Portugal for further questioning, it was reported yesterday.
(snipped)
Before interviews can take place, a "letter of appeal" will be sent to Britain, setting out all the questions Portuguese detectives want to ask the couple, along with details of the evidence against them, Correio da Manha reported. If that report is accurate, this may provide the McCanns with their first real indication of the police case against them.
(snipped)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: September 17, 2007, 07:58:20 PM »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,70141-1284521-1,00.html

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1248 on: September 17, 2007, 08:11:35 PM »

Thank You... they never had a case.

Mass suicide predicted at the Mirror Forum. And remember I'm not a psychic.  Very Happy

+++

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1249 on: September 17, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/19397/MADELEINE-Police-case-falls-apart

Tuesday September 18,2007
By David Pilditch and Martin Evans in Praia da Luz

Prosecutors – who believe that Kate accidentally killed Madeleine and then disposed of her body with the help of her husband – lodged an application just days after the McCanns quit Portugal to have the couple brought back.

But Judge Pedro Daniel Dos Anjos Frias rejected the request, ordering any further questioning to take place in the UK. Portuguese detectives will now have to submit a formal application to officers in Leicestershire where the McCanns live, setting out what questions they want putting to the couple.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1250 on: September 17, 2007, 08:25:17 PM »

Janet - excuse me, but are you interpreting that to mean that they have no real reason to bring them back and could suffer further scrutiny should they be completely wrong in the wake of the corruption allegations on going?

-meaning if they request the McCanns return and they have nothing at this time and put them at this inconvenience they could suffer further damage to an already damaged rep? virtually insuring that the PLE could never get a conviction should new evidence arise?

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1251 on: September 17, 2007, 08:27:48 PM »

ROBERT MURAT

1.  When I consider there was an official press release which declared Robert Murat a formal suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ... I speculate that the PLE do possess reasonable suspicions.

2.  When I consider that after four months there has been no an official press release declaring that Murat’s file has been passed up the chain of command to the prosecutor  … I speculate that evidence is lacking.

3.  When I consider that there has been no press release concerning details of in regards to suspicions … this wannabe detective's speculations cease.

KATE AND GERRY MCCANN

1.  When I consider there was an official press releases which declared that Kate and Gerry McCann are formal suspects in their daughter's disappearance ... I speculate that the PLE do possess reasonable suspicions.

2.  When I consider that there was an official press release which declared that the McCann's files was passed up the chain of command twice ... prosecutor and judge ... I speculate that reasonable evidence has been gathered to support suspicions.

3.  When I consider that there has been no press release concerning details in regard to suspicions as well as evidence gathered ... this wannabe detective’s speculations cease.

Janet, a possible addition?

But Judge Pedro Daniel Dos Anjos Frias rejected the request,

+++

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1252 on: September 17, 2007, 08:31:47 PM »

ROBERT MURAT

1.  When I consider there was an official press release which declared Robert Murat a formal suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ... I speculate that the PLE do possess reasonable suspicions.

2.  When I consider that after four months there has been no an official press release declaring that Murat’s file has been passed up the chain of command to the prosecutor  … I speculate that evidence is lacking.

3.  When I consider that there has been no press release concerning details of in regards to suspicions … this wannabe detective's speculations cease.

KATE AND GERRY MCCANN

1.  When I consider there was an official press releases which declared that Kate and Gerry McCann are formal suspects in their daughter's disappearance ... I speculate that the PLE do possess reasonable suspicions.

2.  When I consider that there was an official press release which declared that the McCann's files was passed up the chain of command twice ... prosecutor and judge ... I speculate that reasonable evidence has been gathered to support suspicions.

3.  When I consider that there has been no press release concerning details in regard to suspicions as well as evidence gathered ... this wannabe detective’s speculations cease.

Janet, a possible addition?

But Judge Pedro Daniel Dos Anjos Frias rejected the request,

Continued ...

ordering any further questioning to take place in the UK. Portuguese detectives will now have to submit a formal application to officers in Leicestershire where the McCanns live, setting out what questions they want putting to the couple.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1253 on: September 17, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »

Janet - excuse me, but are you interpreting that to mean that they have no real reason to bring them back and could suffer further scrutiny should they be completely wrong in the wake of the corruption allegations on going?

-meaning if they request the McCanns return and they have nothing at this time and put them at this inconvenience they could suffer further damage to an already damaged rep? virtually insuring that the PLE could never get a conviction should new evidence arise?

Rob ... I am not implying anything except that the title of the article in the Daily Express ...  "Police Case Falls Apart" ... is very misleading.

The Porteguese judge ruled that the McCanns were not required to return to Portugual for questioning ... the questioning could be conducted in Britian.  If you read the article in the Daily Express carefully ... it offered no other official information regarding the Madeleine McCann case.

Janet

_____

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1254 on: September 17, 2007, 08:39:56 PM »

Janet- I understand it will be the same 40 questions asked initially. Which was expanded from 22. Kate McCann declined to answer 18 of those questions on the recommendations of her attorneys. Not her herself, but a legal matter.

???who knows???

we will sooner or later

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1255 on: September 17, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »

no no no

I was just trying to be polite on the net .. it never works... LOL Laughing

When I said 'excuse me' I just meant  -> 'conversation entry'... stupid me... Laughing

I take it to mean, the case is over pending new developments.

+++

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1256 on: September 17, 2007, 09:16:45 PM »

no no no

When I said 'excuse me' I just meant  -> 'conversation entry'... stupid me... Laughing

Join my club, lol.
I am hoping Festa will see my apology.
Yikes, it is so easy to be misunderstood and I'm the champion at that.  Laughing

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1257 on: September 17, 2007, 09:55:20 PM »

The headline on the "Daily Express" appears to be dramatic and misleading IMO. 

No..the judge "did not order" the McCann's back to Portugual.

Yes...the judge "did order" that further questioning take place in the UK.

Same questions still need to be answered.

We have heard consistently that there is to be more places/areas to be rechecked and that the friends of the McCann's who were on vacation with them are to be questioned again in an effort to clearify inconsistencies. 

To me...it sounds like the investigation is starting all over again.

What do you all think?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1258 on: September 17, 2007, 11:14:14 PM »

no no no

Excuse me ... I do not agree.   Laughing

My take ... the judge did not rule that "the case was over pending new developments".  The judge ruled that the McCanns are not required to return to Portugual for further questioning as ... further questioning can be conducted in Britain.  However ... the Portugese will have jurisdiction over the questions.

Good Night Rob   Smile

Janet

+++++++++++++++++

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/19397/MADELEINE-Police-case-falls-apart

Tuesday September 18,2007
By David Pilditch and Martin Evans in Praia da Luz

Police Case Falls Apart

Prosecutors – who believe that Kate accidentally killed Madeleine and then disposed of her body with the help of her husband – lodged an application just days after the McCanns quit Portugal to have the couple brought back.

But Judge Pedro Daniel Dos Anjos Frias rejected the request, ordering any further questioning to take place in the UK. Portuguese detectives will now have to submit a formal application to officers in Leicestershire where the McCanns live, setting out what questions they want putting to the couple.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: September 17, 2007, 11:23:24 PM »

Klaas ... I see you lurking.   Razz

Good Night

Janet

8:30 PM

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.