April 27, 2024, 04:36:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910909 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1360 on: September 21, 2007, 12:05:33 AM »

I am somewhat skeptical regarding the McCanns agreeing to submit to a lie detector test.  The title is very deceptive ... it is not a quote from the McCanns.  The words of the article imply "if" the McCanns are asked ... they will comply and ... the sources are not identified.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++++

Madeleine's parents: 'We will take lie detector test to clear our names'

• Parents want to take lie detector test to clear names

<snipped>

Kate and Gerry McCann are prepared to take a lie detector test to clear their names.

The couple are so confident of their own innocence that they would take the polygraph test in Portugal, a source close to the couple said.

The McCanns' offer to submit to lie detector tests would only serve to help clear any public doubts about the McCanns' guilt or innocence, as polygraphs are inadmissible in Portuguese courts and are never used by Portuguese police during the course of investigations.

The source said last night:  "If they were asked to take a lie detector test, of course they would agree.

"Kate and Gerry are happy to do anything that would help clear their names."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23412895-details/Madeleine%27s+parents+say+they%27ll+take+lie+detector+test+to+clear+their+names/article.do?ito=newsnow

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1361 on: September 21, 2007, 12:16:13 AM »

I see people in this country as well who will leave kids in a car and go into a store.  Not long ago I saw three little kids, one really a baby, all strapped into their seats while the mother ran in the drug store for something.  She even left the car running I suppose to keep the air conditioning going. 

And I do realize what a job taking three little kids in a store can be having been there and done that.  But I also know if I left them in a running car, one of them at least would attempt to drive away or do something equally terrifying.

And kids are found wandering around all the time in this country as well, unattended.  It will usually result in the parents getting in trouble, however. 

I have asked my British friend repeatedly if this is done commonly in the UK and she continues to insist that it once was by some but not these days with all the EU pedophile rings in the news and that she personally never did it at all even though her children are adults now.

The choking factor for two year olds would be as high in my mind as pedophiles as they do still have tendencies to put things in their mouths that don't belong there.  Well, mine did, also up their noses and in their ears like raisins which swell.

So I remain on the fence, willing to give the parents the benefit of the doubt but the pedophile ring was the first thing investigated and it basically went no where.  I would assume that LE all over the EU had people in every chat room and combing known sources, etc. like anything.  And nothing turned up.

Had the McCanns not had so many influential friends and such high powered PR support from the start I would tend to take what they say more at face value.  Just don't care to have my opinion professionally manipulated like this.  And I wonder why it was so necessary in the first place.  They continue to seek out and hire the highest level of PR possible as they seem more concerned with protecting themselves and their image than in what happened to Madeleine.

Just my opinion. . .

Re the "choking factor"  -  That is the thing that has always bothered me about the other doctor (O'Brien, I think) who said he left the dinner to check on his sick child who had been vomiting.  Most responsbile parents would never leave a vomiting child alone for fear of choking, among other things.  I don't know if that story has been confirmed or not, but it does not ring true to me for that reason.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1362 on: September 21, 2007, 12:28:32 AM »

According to unnamed/anonymous sources ...

McCanns are prepared for polygraphs
September 21 2007 at 04:20AM 

London - The parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann are willing to take lie detector tests to clear their names as part of the investigation by Portuguese authorities, several British newspapers reported on Friday.

"If they were asked to take a lie detector test by police, they would," an unnamed source close to the family told The Sun tabloid.

"They have said all along that they want to co-operate fully with the Portuguese police but, as of today, they have received no such request from the Portuguese authorities."

Similar reports, also quoting anonymous sources, appeared in the Daily Mirror tabloid and the Daily Mail newspaper.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=24&art_id=nw20070921034408209C568750

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1363 on: September 21, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »

'Lie Detector Test Will Clear Our Names'
Updated: 02:48, Friday September 21, 2007

Madeleine McCann's parents say they are prepared to take a lie detector test to prove their innocence.

Kate and Gerry McCann are determined to show they have nothing to hide over their daughter's disappearance in Portugal on May 3.

It is the latest stage in a fightback against Portuguese police who suspect they may have killed Madeleine and staged an elaborate cover-up in front of the world's media.

The McCanns, from Rothley, Leicestershire, were declared suspects by detectives two weeks ago after DNA traces were found in a car hired after her disappearance.

Police suspect the couple may have used the vehicle to get rid of Madeleine's body.

But the two doctors believe the DNA may have come from one of the McCann family members who were ferried around after the girl vanished.

The couple have returned to Britain after a four-month stay in Portugal and have been told that police do not have enough evidence to justify interviewing them again.

But they remain suspects and say they are determined to clear their names and continue the search for Madeleine who they believe may be still alive.

Now they hope taking the test will eliminate remaining doubts.

A friend said: "If they are asked to take a lie detector test by police they would. Kate and Gerry are happy to do anything that will help clear their names."

Friends have revealed a series of details in recent days which could form part of their defence if they were ever charged with causing Madeleine's death and disposing of her body.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1285172,00.html

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1364 on: September 21, 2007, 01:41:47 AM »

I see people in this country as well who will leave kids in a car and go into a store.  Not long ago I saw three little kids, one really a baby, all strapped into their seats while the mother ran in the drug store for something.  She even left the car running I suppose to keep the air conditioning going. 

And I do realize what a job taking three little kids in a store can be having been there and done that.  But I also know if I left them in a running car, one of them at least would attempt to drive away or do something equally terrifying.

And kids are found wandering around all the time in this country as well, unattended.  It will usually result in the parents getting in trouble, however. 

I have asked my British friend repeatedly if this is done commonly in the UK and she continues to insist that it once was by some but not these days with all the EU pedophile rings in the news and that she personally never did it at all even though her children are adults now.

The choking factor for two year olds would be as high in my mind as pedophiles as they do still have tendencies to put things in their mouths that don't belong there.  Well, mine did, also up their noses and in their ears like raisins which swell.

So I remain on the fence, willing to give the parents the benefit of the doubt but the pedophile ring was the first thing investigated and it basically went no where.  I would assume that LE all over the EU had people in every chat room and combing known sources, etc. like anything.  And nothing turned up.

Had the McCanns not had so many influential friends and such high powered PR support from the start I would tend to take what they say more at face value.  Just don't care to have my opinion professionally manipulated like this.  And I wonder why it was so necessary in the first place.  They continue to seek out and hire the highest level of PR possible as they seem more concerned with protecting themselves and their image than in what happened to Madeleine.

Just my opinion. . .

Re the "choking factor"  -  That is the thing that has always bothered me about the other doctor (O'Brien, I think) who said he left the dinner to check on his sick child who had been vomiting.  Most responsbile parents would never leave a vomiting child alone for fear of choking, among other things.  I don't know if that story has been confirmed or not, but it does not ring true to me for that reason.

I have a close relative who is a physician. On the day his daughter was getting married, she woke up deathly ill....throwing up, cramps, diarrhea. He treated her for nerves. As the day progressed, she did not improve. He kept insisting that it was nerves. The daughter, who is a nurse, finally asked for treatment for a stomach virus because she was about to miss her own wedding. He finally gave in, and prescribed something to stop the symptoms of stomach flu. She felt better, and was able to walk down the aisle. Her Dad felt bad that he had misdiagnosed her, and dismissed her symptoms. But it was really how he was with all of their illnesses.....never really all that concerned. But he did love his kids.
 My former sister-in-law and her husband are both nurses. Their baby was hospitalized for pneumonia due to the fact that his parents dismissed his symptoms as a bad cold, and did not seek treatment until he was really sick. These parents all love their children. But as professionals in the medical field, they tend to dismiss things that we wouldn't. I've seen that among the many medical people in my family. The children of the Doctor in my family joke about the fact that they had to be near death to get an aspirin.
I'm just not quite as suspicious of the behavior of these parents as some people are, because of my experiences with growing up with a family of medical people. I can believe a doctor would leave a child who was throwing up, and not think it was negligent. I can see the McCanns not believing in any danger if the kids were sound asleep in their beds.  I don't agree with it, but I do recognize that attitude.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1365 on: September 21, 2007, 01:52:56 AM »

pdh3 I see what you mean now.     Yes, I agree with you.  The investigation should continue and include other possible theories etc.  By focusing ALL attention and resources on the McCann's and only on the McCann's, without considering other avenues, Madeleine or her kidnappers, murderers (whatever has happened to this little girl) may be overlooked.  I think the whole investigation was botched from the beginning and it may not be recoverable. 

I'm sorry Muffy - I wasn't being very clear in making my point...it's my  , not yours. I was just trying to explain what I meant, and not come back at you. I'm having one of those days, and this is such a heartbreaking case....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1366 on: September 21, 2007, 02:42:47 AM »

Friday's Papers
Updated 22:56, Thursday September 20, 2007

The Daily Mirror says Gerry and Kate McCann are willing to take a lie detector test to clear their names and return the focus to the hunt for missing Madeleine.

vms ... thank you.

If this British publication is reporting the truth ... then I can only say ... "It is about time".

In the majority of missing children investigations in both the US and Canada that are the focus of media attention ... I have come to learn that when a child goes missing while under the care of the family ... the family is immediately investigated in the process of elimination.

John Walsh/wife, Marc Klaas/ex-wife and Mark Lunsford/ex-girlfriend … all parents of missing children … immediately volunteered to take polygraphs …so that respective investigative teams could eliminate them as suspects and move forward.

Considering the McCanns were the last persons to be observed with their daughter and ... by their own admission saw Maddie less that an hour prior to her being reported missing ... I believe it would be beneficial if these parents were to submit to lie detector tests and … eliminate the cloud of suspicion surrounding them and … thereby give the investigation into the disappearance of their daughter a more clearer focus.

I adhere to the reasoning of the following comment on July 7, 2007 ... prior to the McCanns being declared formal suspects ... by a reader of a British publication. I do not believe that his/her words are not meant to be malicious ... in my opinion they represent common sense.

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.anorak.co.uk/news/madeleine-mccann/174986.html

Long distance runner Says:
July 7th, 2007 at 6:16 pm

15. In fact, why haven’t the McCanns offered to talk to the child protection authorities and the UK police? They know how much they are being criticised on these, and so many other forums. They also know that they are being accused by more and more people of having some involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance. That being the case, why aren’t they trying to “clear their name” - why don’t they offer to take a lie detector test?

If they have nothing to hide, such questioning and tests would completely absolve them, and the worst they could be accused of is neglect. They know well enough that very many people are accusing them of much more than neglect. If they could prove that is all they are guilty of, they would win so many more people over to their cause.

If you were in their position, and were innocent of any wrongdoing other than neglect, wouldn’t you want to clear your name? I know I would!

A polygraph interrogation can never remove a cloud of suspicion because the results are worthless.  The polygraph equipment is used merely as a prop to increase the pyschological leverage of the examiner.  Moreover, the effectiveness of the interrogation is exclusively dependant on the thoroughness of any prior background investigation as well as the skill of the interrogator in conducting the free-form interviews that precede and follow each round of polygraph questioning.  As a tool, the polygraph's principal utility is in deflecting attention away from inadequacies of tradecraft.  If one has conducted a proper investigation and knows how to question a suspect, one doesn't need a polygraph -- it merely gets in the way.  Consider that in the Global War On Terrorism, U.S. intelligence operatives do not interrogate Al Qaida suspects with the aid of polygraphs.  Why not?  Polygraphs aren't used becuase they simply add no value.  That being the case, I would personally never submit to a polygraph interrogation in connection with a criminal investigation, and I don't view with heightened suspicion those who likewise refuse. 
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1367 on: September 21, 2007, 03:05:21 AM »

I think this thread is blown up beyond belief as to why the McCanns did what they did.

I think this is the bottom line. Not all people are cut out to be parents. There is no training in school for what is the most important job in the world - to raise the next generation so they will be better than our generation.

The McCanns may be brilliant MDs but lousy parents. They may not know how to make the right decisions or even know if a decision is needed. They may just go with the flow because they are tired from work and inept, to boot. "Oh, we can leave the kids in the room and check on them from time to time. Let's go to dinner." Maybe this is their first wrong decision about the kids.

I had a brilliant uncle who worked as a trial attorney for the FDA. His wife was a brilliant artist and writer. They had three kids whose childhood's they bungled because they were in no way cut out to be parents.

It may just be that simple for the McCanns.

I'm loathe to criticize the McCanns.  There are apparently cultural differences in standards of parental due dilligence that apply here.  Others in the McCann's party reflexively did the same as they, and no one voiced any concern.  Be that as it may, I'm certain the McCanns would do things differently if they had the chance. 
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1368 on: September 21, 2007, 03:59:10 AM »

It's obvious to me that this case had a political dimension from the very begining.  Tourism being such a large sector of the Portugese economy, public officials there are well motivated to avoid tarnishing the country's reputation as a safe tourist destination.  The police predictably didn't want to sound the alarm when Madeline was first reported missing.  A proper criminal investigation would have seriously inconvenienced resort operations and guests, and would have created an undesirable news story.  In their view, Madeline might have wandered off on her own, so she might just as well have wandered back.  So long as this possibility existed, I suspect they wanted to let it play out.  When it became clear, however, that she wasn't coming back on her own, they had to do something.  The next least intrusive course of action would be to search for a "lost" child.  When that approach failed, my guess is that the police were hoping that the story would simply go away, but it didn't.  The international media frenzy required that they do SOMETHING.  In response, they rounded up the "usual suspects", which meant whatever foreigners happened to be conveniently at hand, but nothing shook loose.  By this time, though, it was too late to undertake a proper investigation -- crucial evidence had been lost -- so the police simply went through the motions hoping the press woud tire of the whole affair.  They didn't, and the Portugese authorities were being held up to ridicule day in and day out for weeks on end. 

That state of affairs couldn't be allowed to continue.  There could have been severe economic ramifications that could have altered the political landscape both in Portugal and across the EU.  The official Portugese response has been a transparant smear campaign against the McCanns.  It has been skillfully implemented in that it has successfully exploited natural divisions among the public at large including:  locals versus foreigners; collective (EU) interests versus individual interests; investigative journalism versus infotainment;  State power versus individual liberties; haves versus have nots.  What had been a story about universal sympathy and concern over a missing child has in the past three weeks been transformed into a hopelessly fractured collection of competing opinions reflecting the biases and/or interests of their respective adherents.  It's Aruba all over again, only this time the authorities are far less inept in their ability to manipulate public opinion. 
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1369 on: September 21, 2007, 09:30:32 AM »

Updated: 02:48, Friday September 21, 2007

Madeleine McCann's parents say they are prepared to take a lie detector test to prove their innocence.

Kate and Gerry McCann are determined to show they have nothing to hide over their daughter's disappearance in Portugal on May 3.

It is the latest stage in a fightback against Portuguese police who suspect they may have killed Madeleine and staged an elaborate cover-up in front of the world's media.

The McCanns, from Rothley, Leicestershire, were declared suspects by detectives two weeks ago after DNA traces were found in a car hired after her disappearance.

Police suspect the couple may have used the vehicle to get rid of Madeleine's body.

But the two doctors believe the DNA may have come from one of the McCann family members who were ferried around after the girl vanished.

The couple have returned to Britain after a four-month stay in Portugal and have been told that police do not have enough evidence to justify interviewing them again.

But they remain suspects and say they are determined to clear their names and continue the search for Madeleine who they believe may be still alive.

Now they hope taking the test will eliminate remaining doubts.

A friend said: "If they are asked to take a lie detector test by police they would. Kate and Gerry are happy to do anything that will help clear their names."

Friends have revealed a series of details in recent days which could form part of their defence if they were ever charged with causing Madeleine's death and disposing of her body.

Wow, Article Updated

Updated: 13:44, Friday September 21, 2007

Kate and Gerry McCann are unlikely to face a lie detector test in connection with the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine, the family's spokesman has said.

The couple had said they were prepared to take a test to prove they had nothing to do with the four-year-old going missing.

But spokesman Clarence Mitchell said evidence from any test would not be admissible in a Portuguese court.

"Kate and Gerry McCann have absolutely nothing to hide," Mr Mitchell said.

"If a request from the Portuguese authorities was made for them to undergo such a lie detector test, they would have no issue with it, provided the test is suitably overseen by an appropriate expert who can ensure the absolutely reliability of the equipment being used.

"However, it is my understanding that such machines are not used in Portuguese criminal cases, nor is the information from them deemed admissible in court, and there are question marks over their reliability.

"Therefore we think it is extremely unlikely that such a request for a test would come through."

The McCanns' declaration that they would be happy to take a lie detector test is just the latest stage of a public fightback to show they had nothing to do with their daughter's disappearance.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, were declared suspects by detectives two weeks ago after DNA traces were found in a car hired after Madeleine's disappearance.

Link

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1370 on: September 21, 2007, 09:59:34 AM »

Madeleine McCann: Parents 'making things worse'
By Caroline Gammell in Praia da Luz
Last Updated: 1:56pm BST 21/09/2007

The head of the Portuguese police federation hit out at Kate and Gerry McCann today, accusing them of hampering the investigation into their daughter’s disappearance.

Carlos Anjos, head of Asfic, said there was little point interrogating the couple again because they would, as they are entitled to, refuse to speak.

And he warned the investigation into the missing four-year-old girl could end up taking a "very long time".

"This is a difficult and complex case made worse by Madeleine’s parents attitude who do not facilitate or help the investigation," he said. "There is no sense in scheduling other interrogations as Kate and Gerry have already said they will speak no more.

"They are arguidos, a status which allows them to remain silent and they have already said that they will make no more statements.

"This case is here for a long time because there is no apparent motive and it will be very difficult to prove if it was homicide if Madeleine’s body is not found."

His comments came after the McCanns added another top legal name to their defence team.

Rogerio Alves, President of the Portuguese Bar Association, will work alongside the couple’s first lawyer Carlos Pinto de Abreu. The married 45-year-old who has two children, has been a lawyer for two decades and worked on a number of high profile cases.

Confirming his appointment, Mr Alves said: "I am delighted to be helping the McCanns in their current situation and look forward to working closely with Carlos Pinto de Abreu."

He said the most important part of the case was to "restore justice and of course if possible discover the child."

It is understood the McCanns will have separate lawyers to deal with the allegations which have been put to them by Portuguese police.

Detectives in the Algarve are apparently working on the theory that Mrs McCann may have accidentally killed Madeleine and relied on her husband to help cover it up. The McCanns have vehemently denied the allegation.

The appointment of the two leading lawyers is thought to be one of Portugal's most expensive defence teams for people who are only arguidos, or suspects.

Mr and Mrs McCann met the two men with their British lawyers in London yesterday.

In Portugal, detectives were still waiting of the results of a toxicology report being carried out by the Forensic Science Services in Birmingham. There has been repeated speculation, dismissed by her parents as ludicrous, that Madeleine may have died from an overdose of drugs or sedatives.

A spokesman for the McCanns said: "We are not prepared to comment on Mr Anjos' remarks but Kate and Gerry have always said they are willing to return to Portugal at any time to help the police with their investigations."

Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1371 on: September 21, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »

For what it's worth-wouldn't consider this a credible source, but here is the article:

Gerry McCann 'came close to Madeleine's abductor'
JOHN BINGHAM PA Chief Reporter in Praia da Luz
Edinburgh Evening News Fri 21 Sep 2007
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1514682007
 yards of his daughter's abductor when he saw her for the last time, a friend said today.

Gerry McCann has become convinced an intruder was already hiding inside the family's holiday flat when he left his meal to go back and check on his children on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

Madeleine, now four, went missing from the apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve on on the night of May 3 while her parents were dining with friends in a tapas restaurant nearby.

It was Mr McCann's wife Kate who raised the alarm at about 10pm when she is said to have gone back to the apartment to check on the sleeping children and found Madeleine missing.

Mr McCann is believed to have gone to check on the children at around 9.05pm and saw them still asleep, including Madeleine. He spotted that the door to her room was ajar but thought nothing of it at the time, a friend said today.

But over the months since Madeleine's disappearance he has become increasingly convinced that the intruder was already in the flat.

"He believes there was certainly something odd," a friend said today. "The bedroom door was ajar when he got in and he thought: 'That's strange'. He went into the room, checked that Madeleine was still asleep in bed; she was and he came out, closed the door.

"Initially he thought that she might have got up and gone to the toilet or gone to get a drink or something but now he thinks that the abductor must have been in there hiding."

The friend added: "He believes he came in, opened the door and didn't have time to close it [as he went to hide before Gerry arrived].

"Once Gerry had left he would have known he had to come out very quickly and because Gerry went out through the patio door, went out through the window. He has no proof but that is what he believes."

It is believed that when Mrs McCann went to check on the children a gust of wind in the room caused the door to slam behind her. It was then that she realised that the bedroom window was open and Madeleine was gone.

It emerged earlier today that the McCanns, who are official suspects or "arguidos" in the case, were prepared to take a lie-detector test to show they have nothing to hide.

But Clarence Mitchell, their spokesman, said that the couple would only do so if asked by the Portuguese police, adding that there were some doubts about the reliability of such evidence.

He said: "Kate and Gerry McCann have absolutely nothing to hide and, if a request from the Portuguese authorities was made for them to undergo such a lie-detector test, they would have no issue with it, provided the test is suitably overseen by an appropriate expert who can ensure the absolute reliability of the equipment being used.

"However, it is my understanding that such machines are not used in Portuguese criminal cases, nor is the information from them deemed admissible in court, and there are question marks over their reliability.

"Therefore we think it is extremely unlikely that such a request for a test would come through."

The couple were declared arguidos two weeks ago after DNA traces in a car they hired several weeks after Madeleine's disappearance appeared to suggest Madeleine's body could have been in the car.

The couple strenuously deny any involvement.

Police have been told to continue keeping all options open in the case and have no plans to reinterview the couple in the absence of new evidence.

A judge is now believed to have completed his review of a 4000-page dossier of evidence in the case from police, and handed the files back to prosecutors.

No details of any rulings have so far been made public.

---------------------------------

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: September 21, 2007, 10:46:30 AM »

The word of the following article which appeared in Sky News publication is very misleading.  The words of the "named" spokesperson for the McCanns implies that Kate and Gerry are not volunteering to submit to a lie detecter test.  According to Clarence Mitchell ... Madeleine's parents will comply if the Portuguese make the request but ... he believes that request is highly unlikely.

The words of the McCanns' spokesperson in regards to the use of a lie detector test in Portugual causes me to doubt that there was ever a request made of Robert Murat.  If and and say if ... Robert Murat was requested to submit to a lie detector test ... why was the same request not made of the McCann?  Unlike Murat ... the McCann's file has been forwarded to the prosecutor and the judge which implies a greater degree of suspicion.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++++++

But spokesman Clarence Mitchell said evidence from any test would not be admissible in a Portuguese court.

"If a request from the Portuguese authorities was made for them to undergo such a lie detector test, they would have no issue with it, provided the test is suitably overseen by an appropriate expert who can ensure the absolutely reliability of the equipment being used.

_____

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1373 on: September 21, 2007, 10:52:27 AM »

The word of the following article which appeared in Sky News publication is very misleading.  The words of the "named" spokesperson for the McCanns implies that Kate and Gerry are not volunteering to submit to a lie detecter test.  According to Clarence Mitchell ... Madeleine's parents will comply if the Portuguese make the request but ... he believes that request is highly unlikely.

The words of the McCanns' spokesperson in regards to the use of a lie detector test in Portugual causes me to doubt that there was ever a request made of Robert Murat.  If and and say if ... Robert Murat was requested to submit to a lie detector test ... why was the same request not made of the McCann?  Unlike Murat ... the McCann's file has been forwarded to the prosecutor and the judge which implies a greater degree of suspicion.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Wasn't the request to Murat made by a tabloid?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: September 21, 2007, 11:14:01 AM »

vms ... you are correct ... the request did come from a tabloid!!

I cannot imagine ANY suspect agreeing to a polygraph requested by a tabloid!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Janet

MADDY SUSPECT REFUSES LIE TEST
Sunday May 20,2007

THE prime suspect in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann last night refused an offer to take a lie detector test. 

Last night Murat’s aunt Sally Eveleigh said he felt there was no point sitting a lie detector test for the Sunday Express because “it would not make any difference”.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/7513

_____

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1375 on: September 21, 2007, 11:19:53 AM »

With what is out there today... it doesn't look like anyone will be taking a lie detector.....

so who knows...:::shrugs shoulders:::...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1376 on: September 21, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »

vms ... you are correct ... the request did come from a tabloid!!

I cannot imagine ANY suspect agreeing to a polygraph requested by a tabloid!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Janet

MADDY SUSPECT REFUSES LIE TEST
Sunday May 20,2007

THE prime suspect in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann last night refused an offer to take a lie detector test. 

Last night Murat’s aunt Sally Eveleigh said he felt there was no point sitting a lie detector test for the Sunday Express because “it would not make any difference”.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/7513
If I were going to do it, I'd have my attorney hire an expert and release the results. Who knows what a tabloid would do with the reports.  Rolling Eyes

I don't blame him either, Janet.

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: September 21, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »

Madeleine Media Saga Makes Many Uneasy
Media Coverage Of Missing Madeleine McCann Makes Many People Uneasy

LONDON, Sep. 20, 2007

<<snipped>>

"I want to stop reading, listening, watching, Googling, amateur sleuthing," wrote columnist India Knight in the Sunday Times. "I nauseate myself with my own prurience."

Link

I can identifly with that, lol.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: September 21, 2007, 12:41:52 PM »

Madeleine Media Saga Makes Many Uneasy
Media Coverage Of Missing Madeleine McCann Makes Many People Uneasy

LONDON, Sep. 20, 2007

<<snipped>>

"I want to stop reading, listening, watching, Googling, amateur sleuthing," wrote columnist India Knight in the Sunday Times. "I nauseate myself with my own prurience."

Link

I can identifly with that, lol.

Me too!!!   

vms ...  I can no longer fool myself ... I concede that I am now addicted to the Madeleine McCann case and ... will be following it through.  However ... the ONLY allegations from various publications that I will consider seriously are those that are attributed to official sources that are identified by name.

In the Natalee Holloway case ... the "powers that be" associated with the investigation  disregarded Dutch law and ... up to a year ago ... submitted to interview after interview after interview ... implicating the Paulus, Joran, Deepak and Satish.  Consequently ... this detective wannabe has cut and pasted interview after interview after interview into her desktop files .... accumulating words that speakers cannot retrieved.  These files are backed up every week by either son-in-law or youngest son.

However ... the "powers that be" in the Madeleine McCann case have strictly adhered to Portuguese law and ... have "never" released details of the investigation as it pertains to any suspicions or evidence against the formal suspects ... Murat and the McCanns.

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++++

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/07/aruban-authorities-implicate-main.html

ARUBAN AUTHORITIES IMPLICATE MAIN SUSPECTS IN NATALEE HOLLOWAY CASE

_____

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: September 21, 2007, 01:00:26 PM »

Me too!!!   

vms ...  I can no longer fool myself ... I concede that I am now addicted to the Madeleine McCann case and ... will be following it through.  However ... the ONLY allegations from various publications that I will consider seriously are those that are attributed to official sources that are identified by name.

In the Natalee Holloway case ... the "powers that be" associated with the investigation  disregarded Dutch law and ... up to a year ago ... submitted to interview after interview after interview ... implicating the Paulus, Joran, Deepak and Satish.  Consequently ... this detective wannabe has cut and pasted interview after interview after interview into her desktop files .... accumulating words that speakers cannot retrieved.  These files are backed up every week by either son-in-law or youngest son.

However ... the "powers that be" in the Madeleine McCann case have strictly adhered to Portuguese law and ... have "never" released details of the investigation as it pertains to any suspicions or evidence against the formal suspects ... Murat and the McCanns.

Janet

++++++++++++++++++++++

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/07/aruban-authorities-implicate-main.html

ARUBAN AUTHORITIES IMPLICATE MAIN SUSPECTS IN NATALEE HOLLOWAY CASE

Janet,

I tried so hard not to "go there" with this case. When I saw the video of Madeleine climbing the steps into the airplane, I saw my three year old granddaughter. I want so badly for little Madeleine to be alive and safe.  Sad

At any rate, I'm addicted now too and I'm glad you are here with me.  Very Happy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.