April 27, 2024, 06:16:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 911005 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »

Well, I just don't know what to think.  This little girl seemed one that could turn out to be alive.  Regardless of who is responsible, the chances of that are beginning to look very slight.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »

Madeleine McCann's mother questioned again
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/06/nmaddy206.xml
*Snipped*
The McCanns have employed the services of top Lisbon lawyer Carlos Pinto de Abreu, who arrived in Praia da Luz this morning.

He has made a formal application to the district attorney in Portimao for the couple's status to be changed from "witness" to "assistant" in the investigation.

If this is approved, it means the couple will be allowed greater access to information about the case.

McCanns 'fear being named suspects'

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jIFoi_xzFo0VqZN2wg1Mp4m9ndEw

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »

Like Robots, I thought it was the parents at first, too. But then they seemed like such nice people and they even had that audience with the Pope, which led me to believe they couldn't be guilty. After all, who's going to lie to the Pope?

Wasn't there a news report in June that said they were giving up hope and ending the search? (It was around June 10, a little over a month after Madeleine went missing). I did find this suspect, as giving up after a month seems like a short amount of time, and I can't imagine a parent ever abandoning hope of finding his or her child--or at least learning the truth about what happened.

This case is so sad. Anyone who's ever spent any time around a 3- or 4-year-old knows how vulnerable and trusting they are.
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2007, 03:34:53 PM »

News from Dutch news paper DE TELEGRAAF.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/70342271/Lijkengeur_aan_jurkje_moeder_Maddie.html?p=1,2

Lijkengeur aan jurkje moeder Maddie
AMSTERDAM - Nieuwe feiten in de Maddie-affaire: een politiehond heeft lijkengeur geroken aan een jurkje van de moeder van Maddie. De ouders van de 4-jarige vermiste Maddie staan weer volop in de aandacht. Eerder vandaag werd bekendgemaakt dat ze ieder afzonderlijk van elkaar zouden worden verhoord. Nu weet een Portugese krant te melden dat een politiespeurhond een lijkengeur heeft geroken aan het jurkje van moeder Kate McCann.
Hiermee wordt steeds waarschijnlijker dat het kleine meisje niet meer in leven is. Het Britsje meisje verdween ruim vier maanden geleden uit een vakantieappartement in de Algarve.

Corpse / dead body scent on dress of Mother Maddie.
AMSTERDAM - New facts in the Maddie-affaire: a police dog has found corpse / dead body scent smelled on the dress of the mother of Maddie.          The parents of the 4-years old missing Maddie resist in abundance in the attention.
It was announced earlier today that them everyone would be interrogated separately of each other. Now knows a Portugese newspaper to communicate that a police dog / bloodhound a corpse / dead body scent has smelled on the dress of the mother of Maddie. Becomes always more probable that the small little girl is no longer in life. The Britsh little girl disappeared more than four months suffered from a holiday apartment in the Algarve.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2007, 05:02:07 PM »

News from Dutch news paper DE TELEGRAAF.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/70342271/Lijkengeur_aan_jurkje_moeder_Maddie.html?p=1,2

Lijkengeur aan jurkje moeder Maddie
AMSTERDAM - Nieuwe feiten in de Maddie-affaire: een politiehond heeft lijkengeur geroken aan een jurkje van de moeder van Maddie. De ouders van de 4-jarige vermiste Maddie staan weer volop in de aandacht. Eerder vandaag werd bekendgemaakt dat ze ieder afzonderlijk van elkaar zouden worden verhoord. Nu weet een Portugese krant te melden dat een politiespeurhond een lijkengeur heeft geroken aan het jurkje van moeder Kate McCann.
Hiermee wordt steeds waarschijnlijker dat het kleine meisje niet meer in leven is. Het Britsje meisje verdween ruim vier maanden geleden uit een vakantieappartement in de Algarve.

Corpse / dead body scent on dress of Mother Maddie.
AMSTERDAM - New facts in the Maddie-affaire: a police dog has found corpse / dead body scent smelled on the dress of the mother of Maddie.          The parents of the 4-years old missing Maddie resist in abundance in the attention.
It was announced earlier today that them everyone would be interrogated separately of each other. Now knows a Portugese newspaper to communicate that a police dog / bloodhound a corpse / dead body scent has smelled on the dress of the mother of Maddie. Becomes always more probable that the small little girl is no longer in life. The Britsh little girl disappeared more than four months suffered from a holiday apartment in the Algarve.

Shocked

YIKES

i had a gut

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2007, 09:54:35 PM »

THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO BETH IF SHE HAD BEEN IN ARUBA WHEN NATALEE DISAPPEARED

I don't trust it at ALL. That evidence could very easily have been planted. This is an attempt to blame it on the family circle (Brits) and deflect attention from the true perps. The Portuguese are just doing it a lot more smoothly than the Arubans did.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:14 PM »

Breaking News

Kate McCann Quizzed As Witness
Updated: 02:43, Friday September 07, 2007

The mother of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann has left a police station in Portimao, after 11 hours of questioning.

Kate McCann looked drawn and tired as she emerged from the headquarters of the Policia Judiciaria alongside her lawyer and her sister-in-law Trisha Cameron.

She is still being treated as a witness, according to her lawyer Carlo Pinto de ...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283132,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »

Breaking News

The mother of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann has left a police station in Portimao, after 11 hours of questioning.

Kate McCann looked drawn and tired as she emerged from the headquarters of the Policia Judiciaria alongside her lawyer and her sister-in-law Trisha Cameron.

She is still being treated as a witness, according to her lawyer Carlo Pinto de ...

In Portugal - if you are a witness they can ask you any questions they want, as a suspect you can refuse to talk.  Sound familiar?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2007, 10:37:52 PM »

Breaking News

In Portugal - if you are a witness they can ask you any questions they want, as a suspect you can refuse to talk.  Sound familiar?

I'm glad the McCann's have hired an attorney.  He is probably really expensive though.  I saw that when the McCann's were going to sue a newspaper (I think), the same attorney was working pro bono.  I wonder if the money that has been gathered through the website and other means will now be a defense fund?  I think bringing in an attorney,whether you are guilty or not is a very sound practice in a case like this.  I am trying to imagine what it would be like to be questioned for 11 hours.  Whew.  And the meter for the attorney was running the whole time.  And Mr. McCann goes in for questioning tomorrow... Kate McCann looked just worn to a frazzle.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2007, 10:43:09 PM »

THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO BETH IF SHE HAD BEEN IN ARUBA WHEN NATALEE DISAPPEARED

I don't trust it at ALL. That evidence could very easily have been planted. This is an attempt to blame it on the family circle (Brits) and deflect attention from the true perps. The Portuguese are just doing it a lot more smoothly than the Arubans did.

I agree sb. Just as the Ramsey's were railroaded so are the McCanns IMO. When the PA can't find the guilty party and the pressure is on to solve the crime they seem to make the scenario fit despite the facts. I don't think for a second that the parents are guilty of anything. How could they have disposed of their daughters body and they body is still not found? Wouldn't they have needed a significant window of opportunity that should be easily accounted for? .........and people questioned why the Ramsey's hired lawyers if they were not guilty when their daughter was murdered?

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2007, 06:03:54 AM »

Report: Portugese Police to Name Mom as Suspect in Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Friday , September 07, 2007

The mother of a British girl who disappeared four months ago in southern Portugal is to be named a formal suspect in the case Friday, a family spokesman said, a shocking twist to a case that has gripped much of Europe.

Kate McCann was questioned for almost 11 hours on Thursday, and is due back at a police station in Portimao, a town in Portugal's Algarve region, later Friday morning, family spokesman David Hughes told The Associated Press.

When asked about reports that McCann would be named a suspect in her 4-year-old daughter's disappearance, Hughes said: "They told her last night that it would happen today. That's definite."

Hughes, the family spokesman, said the police have 22 questions that they want to ask Kate McCann, which require her to be made a formal suspect. Under Portuguese law, the legal move grants certain protections to the suspect, but allows police more latitude in questioning.

Kate McCann and her husband, Gerry, have spearheaded an intense media campaign since Madeleine went missing from a holiday apartment in the Algarve region where she was sleeping with her 2-year-old twin siblings.

The parents were having dinner in the hotel's pool-side restaurant with friends and said they checked on their children at regular intervals.

The McCanns toured Europe with photos and stuffed animals of Madeleine, even meeting with Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican. Celebrities such as J.K. Rowling and David Beckham made public appeals that helped the family raise more than $2 million.

The intense publicity has helped lead to numerous reported sightings of the girl, from as far away as northern Europe and Morocco.

The decision to re-interview the McCanns has disrupted the couple’s plans to return to England with their two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, although it was not clear exactly how much longer the family would remain in the Algarve.

The interviews come after Portugal’s Polícia Judiciária received a new batch of results from tests conducted on samples taken from the McCanns’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Analysis of these samples, which included flecks of blood found on Madeleine’s bedroom wall by British sniffer dogs, has raised the prospect that the investigation is entering a new phase.

Experts at the Forensic Science Service in Birmingham have spent the past month analysing the samples, and have attempted to identify the child’s DNA as well as establish whether anyone else was in the room on the night she went missing.

A police source said that the British laboratory had regularly relayed information to the Portuguese detectives, but speculation is growing that the latest results, which have not been made public, may lead to arrests.

McCann family representative Martin Brunt said tests have also been carried out on a car the McCanns hired five weeks after Madeleine's disappearance.

"They weren't using it at the time she went missing," he told SKY News.

Brunt added that McCann is "horrified to be under suspicion".

"She is shocked and surprised in several ways. First of all that such an accusation could be made against her. And obviously she is concerned that such a line of investigation can become a distraction from further attempts to find Madeleine," said Brunt.

Gerry's brother John McCann said the prospect of Kate becoming a suspect was "unbelievable".

"We just want to see exactly what the Portuguese police are saying," he said.

"We cannot believe the line that they are going down - we just find it unbelievable."

McCann, a 39-year-old GP, was driven to the police station in Portimăo by her husband at about 2pm yesterday. Before entering the building, she issued a direct plea to her daughter’s abductors to “do the right thing” and return the child or call police.

“We came to Portugal an ordinary family of five,” she said. “We just want to know what happened on May 3 and want to be able to go home one family, reunited.”

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296018,00.html

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2007, 07:53:25 AM »

Portugese Police Name Kate McCann, the Mother of Missing Madeleine McCann as Suspect in Girl’s Disappearance

http://missingexploited.com/2007/09/07/portugese-police-name-kate-mccann-the-mother-of-missing-madeleine-mccann-as-suspect-in-girls-disappearance/

Let me just add this ... dogs are in no way perfect.

There have been situations where search dogs walked within 20 feet of a dead victim and picked up no scent.

It is really hard to believe that the McCann's would have done off the PR and meetings with dignataries across the world in efforts to find their daughter.

When parents are involved in a crime, they may ask for help, but they usually never try to make themsleves such high profile.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »

"Madeleine McCann's blood was found in a car her parents rented 25 days after they reported her disappearance, family spokeswoman Justine McGuinness told CNN."

I'm not going to rush on the parents did it bandwagon - at first glance at this, it doesn't look good (if true) - but 25 days???  the child's blood in the car they rented 25 days after her disappearance?  they never had that car prior?  Let's assume she was was dead immediately after disappearance reported, blood after 25 days?  does something not seem right with that?  The Portuguese police seem to have suspected them from early on, and I can't say I didn't feel that they might be a possibility, (more of an accident, perhaps when they were left alone) but I need to see more evidence here.  What got to me early on, was 2 physicians not knowing any better than to leave 3 small children alone in a hotel room, I don't care about where they are from or that they were not far away, or they continually checked on them, these were 2 seemingly intelligent people, anything can happen with small children even while we are in the room, but left alone...in a split second...doctors don't understand that?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »

I wonder what information we will have today about this?  Wow.

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2007, 09:18:23 AM »

Portugese Police Name Kate McCann, the Mother of Missing Madeleine McCann as Suspect in Girl’s Disappearance

http://missingexploited.com/2007/09/07/portugese-police-name-kate-mccann-the-mother-of-missing-madeleine-mccann-as-suspect-in-girls-disappearance/

Let me just add this ... dogs are in no way perfect.

There have been situations where search dogs walked within 20 feet of a dead victim and picked up no scent.

It is really hard to believe that the McCann's would have done off the PR and meetings with dignataries across the world in efforts to find their daughter.

When parents are involved in a crime, they may ask for help, but they usually never try to make themsleves such high profile.

I am so glad you answered this one Red.  I was thinking the exact same thing myself.  I have an older hunting dog.  I know there are times when I throw him some sort of food, and he is all hyped up, he has no clue.  And he is a smart dog.  So YES they do miss things.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2007, 09:32:08 AM »

"Madeleine McCann's blood was found in a car her parents rented 25 days after they reported her disappearance, family spokeswoman Justine McGuinness told CNN."

I'm not going to rush on the parents did it bandwagon - at first glance at this, it doesn't look good (if true) - but 25 days???  the child's blood in the car they rented 25 days after her disappearance?  they never had that car prior?  Let's assume she was was dead immediately after disappearance reported, blood after 25 days?  does something not seem right with that?  The Portuguese police seem to have suspected them from early on, and I can't say I didn't feel that they might be a possibility, (more of an accident, perhaps when they were left alone) but I need to see more evidence here.  What got to me early on, was 2 physicians not knowing any better than to leave 3 small children alone in a hotel room, I don't care about where they are from or that they were not far away, or they continually checked on them, these were 2 seemingly intelligent people, anything can happen with small children even while we are in the room, but left alone...in a split second...doctors don't understand that?

I couldn't agree with you more,  It doesn't make much sense.  Just exactly when did these cadaver dogs pick up a dead body scent off of Mrs McCann's dress anyhow?  Months later after it was washed?  Makes no sense at all.

Maine, born and raised!
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2007, 09:51:06 AM »

Who rented the car before the McCann's?  How many rental cars are available there? Who in the world would have checked for blood in a rental car rented 25 days after a child disappears? Strange.

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2007, 09:59:52 AM »

Report: Portuguese Police Name Madeleine McCann's Mom a Suspect
Friday, September 07, 2007

VIANA DO CASTELO, Portugal —  The mother of Madeleine McCann, whose disappearance sparked a global search, was formally named as a suspect by Portuguese police Friday, Britain's Press Association news agency reported.

The news agency quoted an unnamed family friend as saying Kate McCann had been declared a suspect under Portuguese law. Earlier, family friend and former spokesman Clarence Mitchell told The Associated Press that police had told Kate McCann and her husband Gerry that they would both be named as suspects ....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296018,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2007, 11:23:54 AM »

This is from the same article Tamikosmom just posted:

*snipped*
Hughes, the family spokesman, said the police have 22 questions that they want to ask Kate McCann, which require her to be made a formal suspect. Under Portuguese law, the legal move grants certain protections to the suspect, but allows police more latitude in questioning.

I don't know the laws in Portugal, but this seems pretty  darned signifcant.   I believe I also read this morning elsewhere that if you are named a suspect, then you can refuse to answer questions. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »

Breaking News

Okay.  Here is the source of where I read that if you are a suspect you can refuse to talk  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.