April 27, 2024, 06:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 911009 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1640 on: September 28, 2007, 12:29:56 AM »

Pretty interresting video someone from the Mirror forum put together.  I don't know what to believe in this case but this video in interresting never the less:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2296203136219895848&hl=en-GB

Raises many of the concerns that I have as well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1641 on: September 28, 2007, 12:32:05 AM »

if the mother had gone missing that night

who would have been the MAIN suspect ??

and why is that ??

same thing applies here.

last one to be seen with her

case closed, well not closed but certainly closed as to why the parents needed to be seriously investigated   Cool

Exactly!  

No one gets a free ride. 

Why not investigate them?

I agree...investigate them YES..smear campaign...NO!!
And I just think it has turned into a witch hunt and not an investigation. A judge found there is not enough evidence to interview them again, let alone charge them, so it just seems to me, that the parents WERE investigated, but also, there were alot of false leaks coming out of the PLE meant to discredit the family, why?

naww.. no witch hunt over here from me...but they didnt answer alot of questions
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that sounds familiar ???  ,,,kind of like aruba
waiting for evidence to come back from labs

I don't suppose you've ever been subjected to an 11-hour interrogation, which is ridiculous in and of itself.  In that time the McCanns would have answered HUNDREDS of questions, and no one knows how insulting, abusive, or irrelevant the questioning might have been.  Three to fours hours into the session I would have encouraged the interrogator to hurry up.  After six hours I would have walked out.  The police have a legitimate interest and job to do, but they don't enjoy an unlimited privilege to harass people.  
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1642 on: September 28, 2007, 12:35:50 AM »

According to the reports I've read, the Moroccan authorities tracked down the little girl in question on their own initiative.  The Portugese police were uninvolved.  

PLE has no jurisdiction in Morocco.  Of course, it would have to be the Moroccan authorities to actually do the tracking but the point is that PLE got that photo to Interpol and on the front of every major paper in the EU so they are not only looking at the McCanns but following up on every credible lead they have it would seem based on these actions.

And they work readily with Interpol who may be the best at multinational searching anyway.  The photo was sent to PLE and they followed up on it quickly.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1643 on: September 28, 2007, 12:36:16 AM »

and why is that ??

same thing applies here.

case closed, well not closed but certainly closed as to why the parents needed to be seriously investigated   Cool

Exactly!  

No one gets a free ride. 

And I just think it has turned into a witch hunt and not an investigation. A judge found there is not enough evidence to interview them again, let alone charge them, so it just seems to me, that the parents WERE investigated, but also, there were alot of false leaks coming out of the PLE meant to discredit the family, why?

naww.. no witch hunt over here from me...but they didnt answer alot of questions

I don't suppose you've ever been subjected to an 11-hour interrogation, which is ridiculous in and of itself.  In that time the McCanns would have answered HUNDREDS of questions, and no one knows how insulting, abusive, or irrelevant the questioning might have been.  Three to fours hours into the session I would have encouraged the interrogator to hurry up.  After six hours I would have walked out.  The police have a legitimate interest and job to do, but they don't enjoy an unlimited privilege to harass people.  

never for 11 hours, not me

even more alarming that they had so many questions to ask that took that long

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1644 on: September 28, 2007, 12:38:51 AM »

and why is that ??

same thing applies here.

Exactly!  

No one gets a free ride. 

11 hours... geeeeesh

seems like the police must have had LOTS of questions for the parents
not good for the parents

which lawyer did the parents have ready in case they needed em ?

- A Horse's Tale
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1645 on: September 28, 2007, 12:40:13 AM »

Children two and three can easily choke, eat poisonous substances, get electrocuted, anything can happen at that vulnerable age where they can walk but don't yet know many dangers. 

But I realize we are going to have to agree to disagree on this as opinions are already formed.

Anna:

With so many dangers, how can a parent go to sleep him/herself?  Must one parent always stand vigil in a child's bedroom, tirelessly watching as the little one slumbers?  That seems a bit extreme to me.  Perhaps you consider my attitude somewhat casual, but children shouldn't require close supervision as they sleep.  That would seem to be the time when they're safest from themselves.  
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1646 on: September 28, 2007, 12:40:18 AM »

British police were in attendance, too, while the Portuguese police questioned the McCann's and even supplied some of the questions to be asked.

Maybe there weren't that many questions...we keep hearing about how "Kate wouldn't answer 22 of the 40 questions".  Maybe the time spent was asking the same questions over and over because they were getting any answers.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1647 on: September 28, 2007, 12:41:13 AM »

The 11 hours was over two days and not at one time.  I have never been questioned by police that long but I was on a witness stand once for nine hours in one day.  The judge asked if I would mind to take a break and come back in the evening to finish as he had another case starting the next day and it was going to be a month before we could get back into court.

And I was under oath all that time as well and before a sitting judge. 

And I was asked 75 questions about dates (calendar dates of events) but I digress. . . . . lol!

PERSONA NON GRATA

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1648 on: September 28, 2007, 12:42:40 AM »

Children two and three can easily choke, eat poisonous substances, get electrocuted, anything can happen at that vulnerable age where they can walk but don't yet know many dangers. 

But I realize we are going to have to agree to disagree on this as opinions are already formed.

Anna:

With so many dangers, how can a parent go to sleep him/herself?  Must one parent always stand vigil in a child's bedroom, tirelessly watching as the little one slumbers?  That seems a bit extreme to me.  Perhaps you consider my attitude somewhat casual, but children shouldn't require close supervision as they sleep.  That would seem to be the time when they're safest from themselves.  

you are being ridiculous.... Rolling Eyes

big difference between sleeping and having ADULTS in the house

and sleeping when parents are tanking it up at the local gin mill

pleassssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

- A Horse's Tale
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1649 on: September 28, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »

Anna:

Oh, I'm sure you are right but I could never get any of mine to sleep that long without eating, etc.  One or the other would always wake up.  It's that waking up part that requires someone to be nearby, close enough to hear them getting up or opening a door, etc.  And not knowing when they will awaken is why you don't leave them.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1650 on: September 28, 2007, 12:47:19 AM »

Mothers of small children are among the most sleep deprived of people.  I do know this from personal experience. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1651 on: September 28, 2007, 12:48:14 AM »

I would just like to state for the record, I have no idea what to think about this case.  I do think it was wrong for them to leave children alone in the apartment, but I also don't think the parents harmed Madeleine.

Any articles or videos I bring here are for discussion only and don't necessarily imply I agree or disagree with them.

Now...carry on   Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1652 on: September 28, 2007, 12:48:28 AM »

Worse case scenario, one wakes up the other two.  Been there, done that a few hundred times.

PERSONA NON GRATA

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1653 on: September 28, 2007, 12:51:18 AM »

Quick drive-by.
I am not good at setting up links!! But was reading an article on CNN.com and it said the following about abductions. Could explain why the immediate media campaign to find Maddie. The Klaas foundation said it actually aids parents of abductees to start a media campaign immediately and why...it appears time is of the essence. This is just too sad. here is a snippet:

In his opinion, the headlines are not based on race or class but on the actual stories that prompt them, and these, he says, can be kept newsworthy with a little effort. Klaas and other advocates often counsel families of missing kids on how to effectively keep their stories and searches alive through the media even when the initial interest has died down.

"It is up to the families to keep people invested in the recovery effort of the kids," Klaas said. "You need a story that is compelling and a child that's compelling and those children can be made compelling through a variety of anecdotes and pictures. You can get that in any language and any color."

McBride even claims to offer families a sort of "P.R. 101 class" in their time of need.

"We tell parents that the media is their best friend when their child is missing," she said. "Many do not have a frame of reference on how to do this. We try to help them understand the system. Nobody gets the word out quicker than the media."

Authorities are sensitive to the fact that time is critical in investigating abduction cases. Too often, however, it is their worst enemy.

A study by the state of Washington found that in nearly three quarters of the cases of children who are abducted and murdered, the victims are killed within the first three hours. Also, in more than half of the 200 to 300 so-called "stereotypical kidnappings" each year, the children are either killed or never found.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1654 on: September 28, 2007, 12:54:25 AM »

Nancy Grace - A Special on Maddy - Friday- Sept. 28

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: September 28, 2007, 12:56:58 AM »

British police were in attendance, too, while the Portuguese police questioned the McCann's and even supplied some of the questions to be asked.

Maybe there weren't that many questions...we keep hearing about how "Kate wouldn't answer 22 of the 40 questions".  Maybe the time spent was asking the same questions over and over because they were getting any answers.

Forty questions.  Maybe they were just giving her a lot of time to answer, just waiting.  And they were wise to include the British police so there could be no question of abuse.

It is interesting that the story (claimed false by PLE who I don't think would do so with the British police there watching) that a deal was offered to Kate to confess was only from one of the McCanns, Philomena?  Why are they not telling the truth about things like this?

PERSONA NON GRATA

SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1656 on: September 28, 2007, 12:57:39 AM »

Asking the same questions over and over again is completely useless and a clear sign of incompetent investigative work.  The purpose of close interrogation is to ascertain whether or not the subject is actively concealing something.  It's often impossible to get the absolute truth out of an uncooperative subject, but a skilled interrogator should always be able to prove deception.  Moreover, it shouldn't take anywhere near 11 hours of individual questioning to accomplish with nearly a dozen independent witnesses to interview about such a limited set of facts.  Had each member of the vacation group immediately been interviewed in isolation and had their rooms been properly searched, questions of their guilt, innocence, and complicity could have been dispatched early on.  
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1657 on: September 28, 2007, 12:59:44 AM »

Nancy Grace - A Special on Maddy - Friday- Sept. 28

Thanks, Puzzler!  I hope now I don't forget to watch this as I don't usually watch Nancy. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1658 on: September 28, 2007, 01:01:01 AM »

My last drive-by...for sure...have GOT to get to bed...way past my bed-time!!
Hope this link for the Klaas foundation works. A lot of good information here:
www.klaaskids.org

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: September 28, 2007, 01:01:43 AM »

I would just like to state for the record, I have no idea what to think about this case.  I do think it was wrong for them to leave children alone in the apartment, but I also don't think the parents harmed Madeleine.

Any articles or videos I bring here are for discussion only and don't necessarily imply I agree or disagree with them.

Now...carry on   Laughing

I don't know what happened either, Klaas.  But I do want ALL parties of interest closely investigated and no one given a free ride for any reason.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.