April 27, 2024, 03:47:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910894 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1720 on: September 30, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »

<snipped>

I don't see very many similarities in the behavior of the PLE and Aruba at all.  PLE works well and daily with the British authorities as well as Interpol as we see when there is a lead to be tracked down.  They are not blocking the way Aruba did the FBI.

Anna ... I believe there are similarities but the underlying motives differ.

The ALE distanced Paulus and Joran ... the last persons in the company of Natalee Holloway.  They focused suspicion on the security guards ... Columbian/Venzuela sex trade ... MB students ... Natalee's mother.  Ouright corruption ... attempting to protect their own!

The PLE distanced suspicion from the McCanns for three months ... the last persons observed in the company of their daughter ... by focusing attention on Robert Murat ... pedophile rings operating inside and outside of Porugual.  Outright incompentence ... giving a free pass to the McCanns!

However ... three months into the investigation ... the PLE did get their act together and with the assistance of the British focused the investigation where it should have been immediately following the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ... the parents ... the last persons observed in her company.

I am not implying that ... in process of elimination ... investigations should not pursue all avenues in their quest for truth but ... the immediate primary focus should always be the last persons in the company of the missing person.

IMO

Janet   

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1721 on: September 30, 2007, 06:26:54 PM »

The media coverage of this tragic disappearance is like a see-saw.

One day it leans one way and then there is a counter strike and it leans the other way.  One day it is the McCanns under scrutiny and the next day, someone else is being blamed.

I am very fearful that this will just go no where and we will never know what happened short of the location of Madeleine or her remains. 

Totally agree with this. I have been fearful of this since the first few days. And really nothing has changed Anna. It is all the same day after day. The only change has been the McCanns were named suspects. Other than that, nothing pans out.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1722 on: September 30, 2007, 06:44:18 PM »

I would disagree with a number of folks here in that while the Portugese investigation started off benignly incompetent, it has since BECOME corrupt -- incompetent still, but nevertheless corrupt.  Initially, what did the police do?NOTHING.  What should they have done?  Consider the following for openers:

1)  Seal all the rooms occupied by the McCanns and their friends.  

2)  Interview each of the McCanns and their friends seperately.  

3)  Thoroughly search their rooms, including cabinets, mini-bars, and air ducts.  

4)  Seal off the resort.  Allow no one on or off the property without specific business and without first being closely searched.  

5)  Issue the equivalent of an All Points Bulletin, and specifically alert Interpol, airport security, and border checkpoints to prevent possible transport out of the country.  

6)  Assemble and otherwise account for all the resort staff.  Interview staff members seperately, establishing their whereabouts at times of interest.  Run background checks.  

7)  Impound and analyze CCTV tapes.  

Cool  Impound and analyze electronic door lock records.  

9)  Determine how far Madeline might have wandered on her own.  Establish a perimeter outside this radius, then search for her, working inward, taking care to investigate any particular hazzards.  

10)  Working from her last known location, employ tracking dogs to attempt to locate her.  

11)  Scour the area for potential witnesses, and take their statements, analyzing and otherwise comparing them later.  

12)  Keep any persons of interest under close surveillance, including the McCanns and their party.  

Even had these steps been taken, Madeline might not have been recovered, but at least the police couldn't have been faulted for lack of due diligence.  It is my understanding, however, that none of these things were done, at least not in anything like a timely fashion.  What does that say about the Portugese authorities?  
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1723 on: September 30, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »

Steve ... I agree 100% with your above post.  Outright incompetence!!

However ... without proof ... how do you determine that the turnaround in the Madeleine McCann investigation ... a turnaround that is focusing the investigation on the last persons in the missing girl's company ... the parents ... is corrupt"?

What have "identified" spokespersons for the investigation ever released to the media to give the impression that the Madeleine McCann investigation is corrupt?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1724 on: September 30, 2007, 11:51:46 PM »

Newest unsubstantiated theory-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=484850&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Portuguese police: 'Madeleine died after falling down stairs at holiday flat'
From VANESSA ALLEN in Praia da Luz -

Last updated at 18:01pm on 30th September 2007

Madeleine McCann died in a fall down steep stairs at her parents' holiday apartment, Portuguese police claimed today in the latest astonishing leak from inside the investigation.

A police report has pinpointed a set of ten stairs leading up to the McCann family apartment's patio doors, it was claimed.

The report was based on the findings of two British sniffer dogs who allegedly found the "scent of death" and microscopic traces of blood inside the apartment and on Kate McCann's clothes.

Two high ranking police sources told the Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas there were "strong suspicions" the girl smashed the back of her head against ceramic tiles on the steps.

One said: "The only thing to investigate is how the body disappeared."

Mrs McCann has faced slurs that she and her husband covered up their daughter's accidental death because they had sedated her so she would sleep while they went out for dinner with friends.

Fearing that a post-mortem would lead to accusations they drugged and neglected their children they hid the body and later moved it in their hire car and dumped it, it has been claimed.

But friends of the couple accused police of inventing theories without any evidence.

One said: "How can you tell what anyone died of without a body, it flies in the face of reason. There appears to be leak after leak to smear the name of the McCanns.

"If the police are 100 per cent certain that Madeleine fell down some steps, that means they must be able to prove she died in that way. It's just not possible without a body."

The Policia Judiciaria remain convinced Mrs McCann, a GP, and her husband Gerry covered up the death, possibly with the help of their friends, the so-called Tapas Nine.

Detectives want to re-interview them all and the newspaper 24 Horas said it was "highly possible" that some of them could be made official suspects, or arguidos.

Police have not ruled out the possibility that the only other named suspect in the case, British ex-pat Robert Murat, helped the parents to hide the body, it was claimed.

The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry have got nothing to hide, they did not harm their daughter, even accidentally, and if necessary they will defend themselves.

"Some of the leaks that appear on a daily basis are hurtful, surely it is time to stop.

"We continue to want to cooperate with the Portuguese authorities at every stage and we hope their efforts are entirely concentrated on finding Madeleine."

The latest leaks from inside the investigation came as the McCanns, both 39, marked the 150th day since their daughter vanished during a holiday in Praia da Luz.
Madeleine

Madeleine has been missing for 150 days
They have grown increasingly frustrated that they cannot continue to campaign on her behalf of defend their reputations in public because they are banned from speaking due to their arguido status.

Mrs McCann was reported to have said she was willing to risk a 12-month jail sentence under Portuguese judicial secrecy laws if it kept people looking for her missing daughter.

She told close friends: "I will do what I must. What does any of it matter if it helps find Madeleine?"

The couple are considering many high-profile, worldwide interview offers, including from U.S. journalist Barbara Walters.

Today they attended a church service in their home village of Rothley, Leicestershire, and held hands as they walked home.

It was in stark contrast to previous milestones marking the 50th and 100th day since her disappearance, when they took part in high-profile events, before they were made arguidos.

Both kept a tight rein on their emotions during the service, seemingly determined not to break down.

One of their wealthy supporters, Sir Richard Branson, defended the couple against the constant barrage of slurs from Portuguese police.

Speaking for the first time since it emerged he had donated £100,000 to help meet their legal costs, the Virgin billionaire said: "The Portuguese press have behaved abysmally, fed inaccurate stories by the Portuguese police, which all turned out to be a load of garbage.

"I've never doubted their innocence," he said, adding: "I knew that senior lawyers in Portugal thought what was going on was ghastly. So getting the most senior in Portugal on their side I think is very important."

The Find Madeleine fund has spent £80,000 on billboard adverts to be shown in Spain, Portugal and Morocco and private investigators are searching in North Africa amid fears Portuguese police have failed to investigate a series of reported sightings there.

Is this not offending anyone else??!!! We have gone from the bizarre...to the super bizarre. This doesn't remind people of Aruba???!!! Do you all remember the "theory" of death by orgasm?? This to me is just getting beyond ridiculous!!! Baloney it's not a cover up!!! When you start shooting out shit like this to the press...you are covering up SOMETHING!!!! And it can't be incompetence at this point...we know the PLE is incompetent!!!  It ain't the parents if we go from overdose to a fall down the steps...So who are we covering for PLE???!!! It must be someone HUGE!!!! for all the shit to be flying!!! I am sorry for the bad language...but this is just getting too ridiculous!!! And it would be funny to me...if it weren't about the life of a 4 year old!!! COME ON!!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1725 on: October 01, 2007, 12:04:41 AM »

I really can't come to this thread anymore!!! I am so blown away that some of the Monkeys I respect more than any other people in the world; because of their intelligence and sense of morality...and their investigative skills...are still blaming the parents..it just blows me away!!! I swear!!! I judge no one for their differing opinions!! I respect everyone's opinions here so much!!! But I just don't get it!! I really don't!! It is just so obvious to me that the "bushy haired guy" took Maddie...and I have never wanted to reach out and help a family like I do the McCanns and yet I feel so powerless here. I have got to find a place...only on this case!!! I LOVE MY MONKEYS!!!! I hope you all know that!!! but I have got to find some way...to help these parents I believe in so much...because I can't stand that I am not helping in SOME way here...to find their daughter. I hope you all who disagree with me will understand, and those who agree with me will give me some idea as to how I can actually make a difference...in some small way.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1726 on: October 01, 2007, 12:23:48 AM »

Newest unsubstantiated theory-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=484850&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Portuguese police: 'Madeleine died after falling down stairs at holiday flat'
From VANESSA ALLEN in Praia da Luz -

Last updated at 18:01pm on 30th September 2007

Thanks Rob

Think about it ... alleged leaked police reports also claim that Madeleine McCann died of an accidental drug overdose.

This latest alleged leaked police report does not make sense.  Logic dictates that any accidental death that did not involve wrongdoing on behalf of the McCanns would have resulted in an immediate 911 call.

Also ... if Madeleine's death was accidental with no wrongdoing involved ... what would the McCanns motives have been to coverup their daughter's death ... allow an innocent man to be declared a formal suspect and ... deceive the world for the past five months?

Janet

Janet,
With regard to your last question, the McCanns could well fear losing custody of their other two children should it be found that Madeleine died as the result of some negligence on their part. 

This in addition to their huge concern with appearance/their name, etc. would be a highly motivating factor, I would think.

I am in no way saying they are guilty but this is a motive for concealing something accidental or that could have happened through their negligence.  I don't know what happened to Madeleine but somebody does.

Yes, it is a shame PLE did not proceed with this in the normal manner in which investigations are conducted, those last seen with investigated first. 

And not knowing what PLE actually did or did not do is causing great speculation as to their motives as well.

We simply do not know enough to rule out anybody as yet.

It is my fervent prayer that whoever knows what happened will come forward and tell the truth before more people are accused.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1727 on: October 01, 2007, 02:14:36 AM »

Since most cases focus on the last persons to be seen with those missing, has anyone seen the last known picture or date of that picture? It would be interesting to try to fill in a time line from the picture to the parents call to the police. There seems to be vacation pictures floating around.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1728 on: October 01, 2007, 02:23:26 AM »

Royal tip in search for Maddie

Article from: The Daily Telegraph....Charles Miranda....October 01, 2007 09:54am

AN anonymous tip-off to the Prince of Wales has sent UK police on an urgent hunt for a new suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.

The email - sent via Prince Charles' website - claimed a disgruntled former employee of the Portuguese resort where the toddler went missing, could be behind her disappearance.

It claimed Madeleine was abducted from the Praia da Luz apartment in revenge against the complex's owners.

It is understood police have confirmed the woman named in the email did work at the resort when Madeleine was last seen 150 days ago.

Royal aides have passed the email on to Scotland Yard, which is now trying to trace the author.

A police source told London newspaper The News of the World: "There have been hundreds of Madeleine theories, sightings and tips sent into UK cops from members of the public. But this one is different.

"It's incredibly detailed and so far, from the inquiries being made in Portugal, it appears to be based on factual events."

Police believe that the tipster entrusted the information to Prince Charles because he and wife Camilla came out in support of Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry.

In a statement released from Clarence House in May, the royal couple said they had been following the case "closely and with deep concern" and "fervently hoped" Madeleine would be reunited with her family.

The development came as another resort worker said they had seen a British tourist "hiding" in the stairwell just metres from the McCann apartment on the night Madeleine vanished.

"It was about 6pm on the day the little girl went missing. I saw this Englishman standing under the stairwell," the worker told the London Sunday Mirror.

"He was round-faced and stocky, wearing light clothes and positioned so that he was monitoring the (area). He was hiding and watching."

The worker was interviewed by police early in the investigation and has been reinterviewed.

Meanwhile a team of forensic scientists have reportedly made independent tests on a hire car rented in Portugal by the McCanns.

"The experts basically stripped the vehicle and took it apart so they could take as many samples as possible," an unnamed source said.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1729 on: October 01, 2007, 09:13:46 AM »

Top Portuguese prosecutor launches personal attack on 'negligent' Gerry McCann
Last updated at 13:46pm on 1st October 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=485017&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

One of Portugal's top prosecutors has launched an astonishing personal attack on the father of Madeleine McCann, accusing him of being a 'negligent' father.

Carlos Anjos, president of the Judicial Police Inspectors Union, cited what he called a recent "ridiculous episode" when Gerry McCann revealed he believed Madeleine's abductor was hiding in the apartment on the evening of May 3 when he went to check on his three children.

He said: "Four months after his daughter disappeared, during which time he was interviewed several times by the Judicial Police, he remembers that there was a man hiding in the apartment where his three children were sleeping, when he went to check they were okay.

"If he thought there was a man in the apartment and he went off calmly to dinner, his negligence as a father has no possible classification."

Mr Anjos also accused the McCanns of feeding regular stories to the media in order to distract the investigation.

"Since their daughter disappeared, Gerry and Kate have followed a strategy of almost daily announcements of new facts designed to distract and confuse the investigation."

The comments will reignite the tensions between the McCanns and the Portuguese authorities as the investigation into their missing daughter continues to produce little or no hard evidence.

The Journal de Noticias newspaper also reports Gerry and Kate could face accusations of faking their daughter's abduction.

They could be jailed for up to one year under article 366 of Portugal's penal code if they are found guilty of falsely reported a crime.

Police sources said they still consider it most likely Madeleine died in the apartment.

Meanwhile forensic experts are analysing hairs found in the McCanns' holiday apartment which could demonstrate whether or not Madeleine was drugged before she died, it was reported today.

Police are waiting for the potentially "decisive" results of the tests on the strands of hair discovered behind a sofa during a search in July.

Detectives believe the hairs will reveal if Madeleine suffered from an overdose of medication, it was claimed. One of the theories being examined is that the toddler died after being sedated by her parents Gerry and Kate, both 39-year-old doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire.

Police believe they then covered up the death by hiding the body and moving it weeks later in their Renault Scenic hire car.

Today the Jornal de Noticias said the tests are still being carried out at a laboratory in Birmingham.

The paper reports: "If the hair belongs to Maddie, it could show whether or not she was subjected to an overdose of medication."

The hairs were found in the apartment in Praia da Luz near to where two British detector dogs found microscopic blood samples and a supposed "scent of death", it was claimed.

+++

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1730 on: October 01, 2007, 09:39:48 AM »

Rob,

I think we all need one of these.

http://www.thecryptmag.com/Online/29/BullshitDetector.html

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1731 on: October 01, 2007, 09:57:50 AM »

Hi Ya Sleddogs,
I hear that!!!

I think the only theories left are - vaporized and teleported to another dimension.

+++

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1732 on: October 01, 2007, 10:37:52 AM »

Top Portuguese prosecutor launches personal attack on 'negligent' Gerry McCann
Last updated at 13:46pm on 1st October 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=485017&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

One of Portugal's top prosecutors has launched an astonishing personal attack on the father of Madeleine McCann, accusing him of being a 'negligent' father.

Carlos Anjos, president of the Judicial Police Inspectors Union, cited what he called a recent "ridiculous episode" when Gerry McCann revealed he believed Madeleine's abductor was hiding in the apartment on the evening of May 3 when he went to check on his three children.

He said: "Four months after his daughter disappeared, during which time he was interviewed several times by the Judicial Police, he remembers that there was a man hiding in the apartment where his three children were sleeping, when he went to check they were okay.

"If he thought there was a man in the apartment and he went off calmly to dinner, his negligence as a father has no possible classification."

Mr Anjos also accused the McCanns of feeding regular stories to the media in order to distract the investigation.

"Since their daughter disappeared, Gerry and Kate have followed a strategy of almost daily announcements of new facts designed to distract and confuse the investigation."

<snipped>

Thank you Rob

At last ... an identified official source from within the investigation.  These are the quotes that I am accumulating.

The unidentified/unamed sources tend to be so contradicting.  Yesterday ... articles quoted unidentified police sources/tipsters/hotel employees who claimed Madeleine fell down stairs  ... a fired chamber abducted Madeleine and ... a British Tourist was observed hiding in a stairwell near the McCann's room.

I do believe that the last official release from within the investigation was on September 19, 2007 when prosecutor general Luis Bilro Verao refuted the claims of the unidentified sources that Portuguese interrogators were already on British soil ... the McCanns were to be questioned.

Janet

++++++++++++++++

Madeleine's parents expect police visit
September 19 2007 at 11:15AM

London - The parents of missing girl Madeleine McCann are expected to be questioned by Portuguese detectives who have flown to Britain, press reports said Wednesday.

Kate and Gerry McCann, who are under suspicion by Portuguese police of having ""accidentally killed" the four-year-old, were prepared for the interviews and had outlined their defence, friends said.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=24&art_id=nw20070919110248534C552595

+++++++++++++++++++++++

'No more questions' for Maddie's parents
From correspondents in Lisbon
September 20, 2007 05:23am

PORTUGUESE prosecutors said overnight that the parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann did not need to be questioned again about the disappearance of their daughter last May.

"New elements of proof - after interrogations on September 7 - have not gathered anything to justify new questioning, so it is not planned," said prosecutor general Luis Bilro Verao, quoted by LUSA news agency.

The prosecutor's office said police would continue the criminal investigation into Madeleine's disappearance and no lead would be neglected.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22449687-23109,00.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1733 on: October 01, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »

Janet ~ I had been posting various articles in this thread concerning the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  They were not necessarily a reflection of what I did nor did not believe, but was just making the articles available.  Over time, I began to realize as you have that the source of the articles are not always credible, being noted as from family members, various sources etc.  I think people began to see the articles as the truth, because they are printed and have a link.  It takes some close reading, as you have pointed out to us.  I notice a lot of the articles are quoting Kate's sister-in-law Philomena.  There seems to be outrage that the McCann's are being questioned or are considered suspects.  I think "ludicrous" is the over used word here.  I don't agree with everything that has been done or not been done by law enforcement, and there may be some errors or sloppy work.  But in my opinion, no one should be exempt from being questioned in this case that had proximity or access to Madeleine, and that includes her parents, who were the last person's known to have been with her.  I don't know if her parents did or did not have anything to do with her disappearance.  I hope for Madeleine to be found. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1734 on: October 01, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »

<snipped>

I concede that I do not know if the McCanns were involved in the disappearance of their daughter following an unfortunate incident with unintended consequences but ... I do not believe they are not above suspicion.  As they were the last persons in the company of their daughter prior to the alleged abduction ... I believe they should be the primary suspects ... the exact reason I believe that Joran, Deepak and Satish should be the primary suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Janet

Thank you Muffybee

I submitted the above post to the this forum yesterday.  I wanted Monkeys to understand my position ... a position which seems to reflect yours.

Right now I am somewhat discouraged in regards to future postings but ... give me a minute I may change my mind.   Smile

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1735 on: October 01, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »

I really can't come to this thread anymore!!! I am so blown away that some of the Monkeys I respect more than any other people in the world; because of their intelligence and sense of morality...and their investigative skills...are still blaming the parents..it just blows me away!!! I swear!!! I judge no one for their differing opinions!! I respect everyone's opinions here so much!!! But I just don't get it!! I really don't!! It is just so obvious to me that the "bushy haired guy" took Maddie...and I have never wanted to reach out and help a family like I do the McCanns and yet I feel so powerless here. I have got to find a place...only on this case!!! I LOVE MY MONKEYS!!!! I hope you all know that!!! but I have got to find some way...to help these parents I believe in so much...because I can't stand that I am not helping in SOME way here...to find their daughter. I hope you all who disagree with me will understand, and those who agree with me will give me some idea as to how I can actually make a difference...in some small way.

It ain't the parents - I agree with you. Sometimes people get swayed and forget to follow their intuition or gut feelings and they fold under to manipulation of truth.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1736 on: October 01, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »

Ldstlou, I agree with you, which is why I have refrained from posting the last couple days.  The bushy haired man theory was going nowhere with Elizabeth Smart also - until it did.   And talk about a high profile victim, ES was that just as much as Maddie and it didn't stop the bushy haired man.

Anyway, I didn't mean to digress but I also feel so powerless and discouraged here.  I hope and pray Maddie is found alive.  I also hope nothing should ever happen to my children because I guess I'll be suspect since I chose to have them well into my 30's.. I find that discouraging as well.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1737 on: October 01, 2007, 01:51:31 PM »

I believe we are all in agreement as what should have happened in the investigation. And what didn't. Who should have been investigated first and who should have been next... and so on.

I also believe that we are all in agreement as to the McCann's neglect. We all seem to agree this is the catalyst that got the ball rolling.

I believe the McCanns must answer to the charge. They have admitted that they are / were in neglect. And in time I am sure they will face the music in that regard.

However, finding what happened to Madeleine should and must be in the fore front. There will be time to prosecute the parties on the neglect charges when the arise.

It's unfortunate that even in this day and age, people who are grown adults must learn lessons the hard way. Which the McCanns certainly are.

I wouldn't necessarily compare this to driving without a seat-belt, but everyday I pick up the paper and read that someone was killed and was not wearing their seat-belt. We all know that wearing a seat-belt saves lives, but some refuse to do the obvious, and a lesson is learned the hard way. And this is not only kids that this happens to...

Maddy is somewhere dead or alive, and that needs to be the priority imo...

+++

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #1738 on: October 01, 2007, 02:09:31 PM »

McCanns Prepare Madeleine Media Blitz
Updated: 12:57, Monday October 01, 2007

Madeleine McCann's photograph is to be displayed on supermarket trolleys throughout Portugal and southern Spain as part of a new campaign.

Kate and Gerry McCannLocal newspapers in rural areas of both countries will also carry her picture to ensure as many people as possible see the image.

The McCanns' official spokesman told journalists the new campaign could start as early as next week.

"We want to remind people that Madeleine is still out there," Clarence Mitchell said.

"Gerry and Kate still believe she is alive. There is still absolutely no evidence to suggest she is in fact dead."

Mr Mitchell said the McCanns will do interviews during the new campaign and are talking to their lawyers about how much they can say about the investigation without contravening Portuguese laws.

Madeleine McCannThe pair could face jail if they speak about the police inquiry.

"They don't want to do or say anything that would make matters worse," Mr Mitchell said.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the McCanns may have been upset by recent accusations against them in the Portuguese press but are still determined to keep up their campaign.

"They're frustrated by all the leaks from Portugal which are damning of them," he said.

"But it seems they will not allow it to get in the way of their campaign to keep people looking for Madeleine.

"There is still considerable interest in this story from foreign media and while that remains the McCanns will try to use it to keep up publicity for their Find Madeleine campaign."

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #1739 on: October 01, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »

McCanns May Seek Help From Psychics
Updated: 15:49, Monday October 01, 2007

The parents of Madeleine McCann are considering taking advice from psychics in the search for their missing daughter, says a friend.

Gerry and Kate McCannRelatives of Gerry and Kate McCann are understood to have been reading up on mystics and have been in contact with at least one.

They are now said to be urging the couple to take their advice.

The McCanns, from Rothley, Leicestershire, have had more than 1,000 approaches from people claiming to be mediums since Madeleine's disappearance in Portugal in May.

While any information judged to be relevant or credible has been passed on to police, the McCanns have had no direct contact with psychics.

But relatives in Scotland have reportedly been pressing the couple to meet a psychic since their return to the UK in September.

The couple, both devout catholics, are understood not to have ruled it out although nothing has been agreed.

"They are desperate for help and even some family members are suggesting it as a possible route," a friend said.

"It looks like one or two family members are saying why don't you have a look at so and so."

The family's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said he understood that "one or two in Scotland" have been in touch with family members to discuss helping them.

"But, as far as I'm aware, Kate and Gerry have not directly asked for that assistance and I understand none has been agreed," he added.

"If there is a specific piece of information that can be looked at, such as a car registration or a name, then that is checked out.

"The police do not dismiss these things entirely."

Early in the investigation Portuguese police insisted they had to consider tip-offs from people claiming to be psychics because an abductor could be using a mystic as a way to communicate with them.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.