April 27, 2024, 03:07:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Missing-Praia Da Luz, Portugal 3/05/07 #1  (Read 910889 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2007, 11:33:13 AM »

*snipped*...Gerry McCann is due to be re-interviewed at 2:00 p.m."
http://madeleinemccann.blogspot.com/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2007, 11:55:14 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/07/madeleine.mccann/index.html

Portuguese Law
Formal suspect called "arguido" or "arguida" for a woman

An "arguido" has more legal rights than a witness, including right to remain silent and have a lawyer

Some people request to be declared "arguido" to get this protection

Police must declare a witness an "arguido" before asking certain questions or making an arrest

Courts may restrict movements of an "arguido"

An arrest or charge does not always follow someone being named an "arguido"

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/07/madeleine.mccann/index.html

Portuguese Law
Formal suspect called "arguido" or "arguida" for a woman

An "arguido" has more legal rights than a witness, including right to remain silent and have a lawyer

Some people request to be declared "arguido" to get this protection

Police must declare a witness an "arguido" before asking certain questions or making an arrest

Courts may restrict movements of an "arguido"

An arrest or charge does not always follow someone being named an "arguido"

Thank you for clarifying "aruido".  I have also looked at some time lines concerning this case.  Has anyone reviewed any of these? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »

That's "arguido", no aruido...spell check doesn't help with words like this...

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »

"Suspects," said the Mirror headline. The Sun reports that police asked McCann whether she had sedated "Maddie." According to the Sun, the McCanns may have accidentally given Madeleine an overdose of a sedative. The McCanns are both physicians.

Of course, this is coming from British tabloids - but I suppose the implication is that the McCanns (being physicicans) had access to and were somewhat knowledgeable of sedatives and perhaps gave them to Madeleine (and maybe the other children) prior to going out for the evening with Madeleine suffering some sort of complication - purely speculative (on my part regarding what transpired) - not sure what evidence is backing this up, if any...

seems they have waited quite a while to come up with this...but again, IDK, what testing needed to be done or new evidence has appeared...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2007, 02:16:41 PM »

Kate McCann Named a Suspect
Parents of Missing Madeleine Quizzed by Portugal Police
*snipped*
McCann is the second suspect in the case, along with Robert Murat, 33, a Briton who lives in Portugal. Murat was not charged or arrested.

McCann was released today without charges. The police are now said to be focusing on Gerry McCann.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/Story?id=3571302&page=2

The above article also says Kate McCann was booed when she returned to the police station for questioning.

Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2007, 02:24:57 PM »

If there was accidental sedation, why blood?

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2007, 02:27:02 PM »

Which makes me wonder also - how much blood was actually found???

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »

Which makes me wonder also - how much blood was actually found???

I guess we are all wondering that...
From what I've been able to read and figure, it was said there was small drops or spatter on the wall and curtain and something in the rental car.  I am wondering if through forensics, they can figure out spatter patterns.  I did see in one case where a person was missing and when the LE decided to luminol a bedroom, there were some small spatters found higher up on the wall and a bit on the ceiling, which led them to believe it wouldn't be any kind of accident for that to happen.  I have read too, that sometimes when enough blood is found, the LE can about figure that the person wouldn't survive a loss with that amount. 
I think we are getting bits and pieces, some rumors with some facts, and it's causing a lot of questions to arise, that's for sure.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2007, 02:38:30 PM »

Portuguese police make mother formal suspect in Madeleine McCann case
09.07.07, 1:53 PM ET

LISBON (Thomson Financial) - Portuguese police on Friday made the mother of British toddler Madeleine McCann a formal suspect in her disappearance and believe that she accidentally killed her daughter, a family spokesman told AFP.

Earlier the police declared a new formal suspect after questioning Kate McCann, but in line with legislation that bans the release of identities, police did not name the new suspect.

'All I can tell you is that there was one suspect in this investigation and now there are two,' police spokesman Olegario Sousa told AFP by telephone from Portimao ...

http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/feeds/afx/2007/09/07/afx4093917.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »

Missing Madeleine
The Official Website to find Madeleine McCann
From the website:
Madeleine McCann
Missing for 127 days
Latest Update - Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 126 - 06/09/2007
*snipped*
Everyone will know that Kate attended for interview as a witness with the Portuguese police today. This is only the second time Kate has been interviewed and although it was a long day, going on past midnight, this was shorter than my second interview which lasted 13 hours! The suggestion that Kate is involved in Madeleines disappearance is ludicrous. Anyone who knows anything about the 3rd May knows that Kate is completely innocent. We will fight this all the way and we will not stop looking for Madeleine.
http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2007, 02:52:49 PM »

During yesterdays interrogation, Kate McCann was offered a deal to confess. Two years in prison in exchange for an accidental murder.

The police must not have the goods to close this case or why offer a deal?

I'm more skeptical than ever now.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1283158,00.html

Madeleine: Mum 'Offered Deal To Confess'

Updated: 19:41, Friday September 07, 2007
Kate McCann has been named as a formal suspect in the "death" of her missing four-year-old daughter Madeleine.
A family member has claimed she was offered a deal by police - that she would serve only two years in prison if she admitted accidentally killing her daughter.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »

During yesterdays interrogation, Kate McCann was offered a deal to confess. Two years in prison in exchange for an accidental murder.

Kate McCann has been named as a formal suspect in the "death" of her missing four-year-old daughter Madeleine.
A family member has claimed she was offered a deal by police - that she would serve only two years in prison if she admitted accidentally killing her daughter.

Rob - I agree.  I think they were just trying to get her to confess.  I do wonder about the evidence they have back now. 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »

Rob - I agree.  I think they were just trying to get her to confess.  I do wonder about the evidence they have back now. 

Hi Klaas, yes it so obvious now. I *suspect* it all started a few weeks ago with the interview of their associate (The Doctor) in Britain. This seems to be the starting point. They interviewed him in England and then the whole thing with the phone taps started.

Now they are following a script. They decided to try and get Kate to confess (she's obviously the target here) yesterday and if that did not work they would then have Gerry all ready to go next. I suspect he is being offered some type of deal.

It was all so obvious when I saw this headline the other day - ARRESTS EXPECTED IN 48 HOURS
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/09/06/madeleline-dna-is-found-89520-19741892/

So apparent who the ARRESTEES were going to be!

Get ready because the McCanns (I believe) will be charged.
The police and investigators had better have more than a dog as their main forensic technician.

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2007, 03:10:54 PM »

Klaas just to add. Yesterdays interrogation was to ask 22 questions. How did it deteriorate in to a plea deal?

This thing stinks to high heaven!!!!

+++

vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »

Kate McCann 'being framed by Portuguese police'

snipped

Kate McCann is being set up by Portuguese police to take the blame over Madeleine, it was claimed today.

The husband of a woman serving 16 years in another missing child case in the Algarve said: "I am worried Kate will be framed for a crime she did not commit, the way it happened to my wife."

The warning comes as pressure mounted on the McCanns after Portuguese police said Madeleine, who was three when she disappeared, died in her bedroom following the discovery of specks of blood on the wall.

Three years ago Leonor Cipriano was convicted of murdering her nine-year-old daughter Joana although her body has never been found.

The detective leading the hunt for Madeleine has been charged with criminal offences in the Joana case amid claims that a confession was beaten out of Cipriano.

Goncalo Amaral was accused of beating Leonor Cipriano

Link

Madeleine officer charged over another missing girl
June 11, 2007

snipped

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was in chaos last night after the detective coordinating the hunt for her abductor was charged with criminal offences over another notorious missing child case.

Goncalo Amaral and four other Portuguese police officers were charged over the weekend with offences relating to the inquiry into the disappearance of Joana Cipriano from a village seven miles from where Madeleine was abducted.

The nine-year-old girl has not been seen since her disappearance three years ago but her mother and uncle were convicted of murdering and dismembering Joana because she caught them having an incestuous relationship. Joana’s mother, Leonor, has alleged that she was beaten into a confession during a police interrogation that took place without her lawyer or the knowledge of the public prosecutor.

Portugal’s Ministerio Publico, the district attorney, confirmed last night that it had charged three police officers with torture, a fourth with omission of evidence and a fifth with falsification of documents. It did not reveal who had been charged with which offence.

Despite the charges, Mr Amaral, the co-ordinator of the Policia Judiciaria in Portimao, has not been suspended from working on the Madeleine investigation, which started 39 days ago.

Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were informed of the charges by a Foreign Office representative yesterday. A spokesman for the family said: “They do not remember meeting Goncalo Amaral face to face but naturally they were concerned to hear of the charges.”

Police sources said that Mr Amaral was “very angry” about the allegations and was considering taking action against the Ministerio Publico. “He is very professional and has had a lot of success in solving cases,” the source said. “He is very upset because reporters never speak of these successes.”

In echoes of the Madeleine case, the investigation into Joana’s disappearance got off to a false start when the Republican National Guard failed to seal off the house where Joana was last seen. Mr and Mrs McCann, from Rothley, Leicestershire, have also expressed frustration at delays in the early stages of the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

Link

"A horse! a horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2007, 03:16:21 PM »

Thank you vms.

The picture just may be getting clearer.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: September 07, 2007, 03:17:26 PM »

Thank you vms.

The picture just may be getting clearer.

YW, I thought the same... Shocked

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: September 07, 2007, 03:29:46 PM »

vms....my mouth is wide open....I cannot believe this....this woman was badly beaten....I hope the McCanns have very good legal representation.  I would be afraid to spend one night in that jail...!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
vms
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2007, 03:36:32 PM »

vms....my mouth is wide open....I cannot believe this....this woman was badly beaten....I hope the McCanns have very good legal representation.  I would be afraid to spend one night in that jail...!

I know. Now I am really afraid for Madeleine's parents. I have to confess my ignorance, though, about British news organizations. Is either reputable?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.